Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Zebz's Sketchbook: One more update for the road... 1/8/09

Thanks

Zebz's Sketchbook: One more update for the road... 1/8/09

CHECK THE END OF THE THREAD FOR RECENT STUFF!

Long time no see my fellow Concept Art-ers! It's been a mighty long while since I've posted anything on this beloved site due to lack of internet and scanning capabilities but alas, here I am! I've returned! I've started a completely new thread because my old website/server is going to be shutting down and eventually all of those files will be lost to the net for good. You can still access my old sketchbook for quite some time at least. I'm just going to start storing these new files on a new area of the server. So rather than change all the addresses and everything... we'll just let those posts fall into the depths of oblivion. Plus I think it's about time for a fresh start, my drawings are finally starting to move in new directions a bit so maybe it's time anyhow for a new thread. Eh, if you're new to my SB than you'll come to quickly discover just how much of a rambler I am. I apologize in advance!

Lots of exciting new things going on in life these days but I'll spare the update for another post down the road when I have a bit more time on my hands. 'Till then I'll just let the art speak for itself. I've slacked pretty hard this summer and have allowed a lot of stuff distract me but I'm getting back on the horse just in time for the semester to start. One problem I've run into is this new sketchbook I've bought and been using. I like it but it's 11 X 17 and I can't scan it all. That's why quite a few of these will seem cut off or digi-photoed. The camera sucks at taking pics of the drawings, especially the pencil ones. So if anyone has any sort of advice on the matter than hook me up. On with the update... if any of this crap needs explanation than just ask away. Take 'er easy. God bless.

Ry

Last edited by Zebz; January 8th, 2009 at 08:24 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    good stuff... i really like the bigfoot dude. dragon is cool too. you should post it in the dragon thread if you havent already.

that first monkey looks a little too smart for his own good though......."get your paws off me.........." (you know the rest)
    where's charlton heston when you need him?

Thanks
    great update man. Really dig that dude's jacket, the guy that's gettin rejected. I can relate to that too.

Look forward to more frequent updates!

Thanks
    This stuff's awesome. How much is straight from your head? I dig the Ralph Steadman like dirty inking style. My only criticism is every hand is either hidden or unfinished.

Thanks
    nice book. Your rendering is great, I especially like the second one with the halo kid. Got a great vibe. Constructive crit would be to tighten up your faces a bit... some of them feel a little over-worked... though others are great. Skull guy in the last pic is awsome as well. I'll be watching.

Thanks

Hi

I like the renderings and designs I think it's not very easy to work with ink but you did a very good job!

Keep posting!

Thanks
    holy cow!~! great stuff man.. i like the animal looking characters the most.. you seem to have a real nack for the hair and stuff.. nice renders.. good sense of value.. i hope to see tons more!!
    Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Wb man! Happy new sb.

I friggin love the all the inky goodness. It's dirty, but a very clean sort of dirty. The monk guy w/ the halo is just about perfect linework-wise. Awesome.

Stick around, it's great to have you back.

-Craig

Thanks
    Hey, we've got a healthy bit of replies here! Thanks for the support!

Melvin: Thanks for the comments, bro. I'm sorry you're a bit distressed about the monkey. We all have our quirks, I suppose. Beware. He's whispering things into my ear about bunnies and meat grinders. It's late. Forgive me. I'm so tired.

Hito: Stop playin' like you're not the freakin' ladies man. 8)

armando: Thanks for the post, man. Everything in that first post is random crap from my disillusioned head besides the first monkey pic which I used ref for. But I pretty much diverted a bit from the original image. And you're right when you speak of hands. I hate them. I need to do some studies. Thanks for the challenge. I owe it to myself. I'm just to lazy to sit and do it. I will tho, I promise! Thanks again!

Ferg: I agree. I tend to overwork most of what I draw. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I've been working on faces more and more. I loved drawing them for some reason. My anatomy and drawing overall feels fairly stiff so I want to address those issues as well. Thanks for the post though! I appreciate the compliments! I'm glad you like what you see!

GunTrouver: Thanks, man. I'm trying.

vigostar: Gracias. Sometimes I overdue the value and stuff but I like to get lost in rendering a subject. And with that comes the risk of rendering it to death. I'm going to start trying to speed render, like throw the values down and see where that gets me. Stay tuned!

Craig: You can just shut up! You're thread rocks me so hard, bro. You've grown leaps and bounds, dude. I can't believe you're even posting in here. Ha! YOU KEEP IT UP! Got it?! Hopefully I can devote the sort of time to my art that you do. I'm too sleepy right now tho.

Alright, I did some drawing today but I'm to lazy to scan it all so here's a little page of doodles I scanned in yesterday. Everything from my head except the girl in the lower right which I drew from life. I did capture a bit of her likeness I think. She liked it alright. Sorry that all I have are more crappy pen doodles. Hopefully we'll have better stuffz later. Thanks for lookin' guys. God bless.

Ryan

Thanks
    Hey man things are looking up, I can see
    a whole lot of improvment since the last thread
    ill give ya a more in deep coment later, Im too bussy
    right now, but I wanted the subscription

Keep it up, its good to have you back!!!

Thanks
    Good start here, just keep the ball rollin'!

ps- love your avatar

Thanks
    nice work man, your rendering style is really loose and cool, nice nice. your faces in that guy look familiar, is it the same character?

p.s get some sleep heheheheh

Thanks
    Very nice renderings - and all with pen, eh? Do you do any sort of construction lines first, or just have a ball? I would like to see some action poses...pretty please? I think they'd be rockin' with that style of inking.

Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast