Sketchbook: Kai's Sketch Book

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Kai's Sketch Book

I've been drawing all my life..well as long as I can remember...But I really never took it seriously so I never got better...I would sometime get lazy and never finish the work..So hopefully this will help motivate me to draw more.

Kai's Sketch Book

Kai's Sketch Book

Kai's Sketch Book

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by xXMizu_NinjaXx; March 15th, 2007 at 09:39 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am interested in learning digital painting...and well i really have no idea where to start...The only drawing Pograms I have now is Adobe Photoshop and Artrage... What kind of porgrams do you guys use to paint?, but for now heres all I can do with art rage and photoshop.

I did this in Artrage.

Kai's Sketch Book

And then kinda painted it on Photoshop...

Kai's Sketch Book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, i really like these, especially the anime samurai. Im a big stickler for clean lines so i hope to see more from you.

Great start though

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your shading isnt bad, especially on the first drawing. you may want to start playing around with varying your line weight, unless you prefer to keep your stuff light. that's fine if you do; alan lee's stuff is awesome. you might check out his stuff.

as for digital paint, you can do good stuff with photoshop, but you definitely need a wacom tablet if you dont already have one. corel painter is probably the best digital paint program out there that i know of though. Gnomon offers some really good dvds on digital painting by ryan church (star wars concept artist) and feng zhu. if your serious about it, i'd definitely recommend them. their kind of pricey, but well worth it in my opinion.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Welcome to CA.org

Got some cool stuff so far. Keep up with the pencils, and good luck on moving to other mediums. I've found it really doesnt matter what medium you practice in, as long as you practice. Lots.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks alot Megamau_X I have alot of those kinda of pictures where its not shaded. I'll post more when I find some of my old ones...

Hey melvin thanks for the advice i'll try to get Corel Painter and yeha i've heard of those guys they are great at what they do. But yeah i really need to get a tablet..drawing with a mouse...I dont know how tod escribe its...So difficult lol.
    How much are a decent Tablet? anyways I started messing with what I have. heres some shapes I did in Artrage.

Kai's Sketch Book

Kai's Sketch Book

I'm having troubles with shading squars and pyramide..basicaully anthing that hads edges...

Kai's Sketch Book

Kai's Sketch Book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i've seen the wacoms up to $450-$500 for a 12x12. of course smaller ones go for less. your best bet is ebay though. you can find some really good deals on some.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Seriously, don't by anything other then wacom. there are a couple cheap-o brands, and i have bought two before i bought my first wacom (both started with an A, but i forget there names). They, for the most part, didn't even to a fuctional level. One said it had like 1000 points of presure, but it was more like 3 and the shifted like you were drawing in a earth quake.

Painters neat, but if i was just coloring lines up, and not actually painting, i would say photoshop is better. Of course its all preference, so i hope you get both and decide for yourself.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey everyone, I would like to start today by posting some of my old works some dating back to the prehistoric.

Here is a picture I drew back in 10th grade first period beggining art.

Kai's Sketch Book

This one I did for fun but never finished it...

Kai's Sketch Book

I did not finish this one also.

Kai's Sketch Book

This one is probubly the oldest drawing I have left..This is from 5th grade.

Kai's Sketch Book

I did this in my 8th grade years...I drew alot of these kind of pictures...Most of them never survived.

Kai's Sketch Book

I drew alot of of robots back in Middle SChool.

Kai's Sketch Book

This one if from my freshmen year in High school.

Kai's Sketch Book

And this is also from 9th grade.

Kai's Sketch Book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey agian, Well on my journey to become and better digital painter I've been messin around with Artrage agian today and tried to paint a person...what do you guys think?

Kai's Sketch Book

Kai's Sketch Book

Kai's Sketch Book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heres some I did on photoshop. Some from a while back.

Kai's Sketch Book

Kai's Sketch Book

Kai's Sketch Book

Kai's Sketch Book

Kai's Sketch Book

LOL..well..this is it for now until I get some more responses on this thread

Last edited by xXMizu_NinjaXx; August 18th, 2005 at 09:01 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Start... on these tutorials.

She's lurking around these forums somewhere... http://gunnerromantic.deviantart.com

They've helped me so much and I hope they do the same for you.

**EDIT**
    It appears that the tutorials won't be back until the 18th of August.

**EDIT2**
    Which is today. Later today then.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    videodragon: thanks i'll check that out. I hope they can help me out too

After I came back from Schedule pick up I decided to work on my Line Weight and shading.

Kai's Sketch Book

Kai's Sketch Book

Kai's Sketch Book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the digital painting of the girl looks really flat. you may want to try building up some darker shadows and add a few highlights. it will make all the difference.

line quality looks better on those drawings.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    melvin Thanks man YOu've helped out alot. I'll take your tip into concideration the next time I am Drawing/ painting.

I have a question about Painter 9 I pretty new to it...you KNow the brush Category..When I am painting something and I only use two or three tools but its a pain in the *** to click from that big list of tools all the time i was wondering if theres a where you can put the tools you want into a custom menu and so you dont have to go through a whoel list over and over... if anyone as any idea on what i am talking about plese help me out, Thanks

here's a drawing i did on photoshop a while back...I messed up on the hair though...

Kai's Sketch Book

Last edited by xXMizu_NinjaXx; August 18th, 2005 at 09:25 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Judging by the looks of your postings, you have improved in your quest to become a digital painter. My only crit is to bring in a bit more contrast to some of your paintings. Just like you would shade in pencil, think of the light and dark areas. I've been seriously working in PS7 lately hoping to better my understanding of the program. Maybe we could share tips? Anyways keep on working at it and I will do the same. Keep posting your progress. Later!

!darkchild!

Feel free to checkout my work:
    darkchild's sketchbook

Don't forget to visit the Critique Section!!

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    darkchild: Thanks for the compliment and the Tip...I will also do my best to try and understand this program as much as possible...I'm pretty new to it so I dout that I'll had any Tips for you hehehe, But when I learn of soemthing awsome I'll let yuh know . and, oh thanks for the encouragement I will work harder. ^__^

I started messing with Painter studio a little bit and found out how hard painting is lol. Here's this future motorcycle I was working on...I had no Idea what i was doing the whoel time LOL..So i just started blurring everywhere...I need Help on painting metal and shiny things..that be awsome if some could give me an example, But yeah this is my first painting in Painter, so hows everythig so far? is my shawdowing and stuff alright?

Kai's Sketch Book

Thanks
    Thanked 1,430 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    xXMizu_NinjaXx, nice sketchbook dude. Hint of anime/manga there I see. I am a big fan I been saying that heaps recently. I think your shading is fine, just needs more practice I guess. Do you attend life drawin classes? if not do so it's a good practice. As for painter studio, I don't know I never used it I think. I work mostly on Photoshop.. THere's this thread, http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47859 dealing with basics in photoshop, maybe that will help a little.

Some nice conepts, love the flying castle and the first one!! keep going!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bumskee thanks alot dude...Your really good at painting, and your torturial Helped me out alot. Its really hard though... No smear tool . but your style in painting is realy tight I might give those apple a try once I am done with this one.

Well I thought I would finish up this thing i started before moving on to something esle... But yeah it still isn't finish lol. Buts here what i have done...ahh there's gotta be an easier way to paint! LOL and since i don't have a Wacom itss take a bit longer. since I gotta use a shitty mouse. lol

Kai's Sketch Book

Last edited by xXMizu_NinjaXx; August 19th, 2005 at 01:01 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well i wanted to start today by Finishing off that painting I started last night. Well here it is! what do you guys think? any suggestion?

Kai's Sketch Book

And this is what I wanted to paint in te first place..but my painting style takes too long I'll come back to this when I am better. lol

Kai's Sketch Book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey ninja.....so good so far...as i can give you any hints on shading, i would say just try to put in more contrast. don't be afraid of putting in large massive areas of black and so, just feel free.
    kepp it on

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know exactly how you feel. Most of my work is still "in progress"! Sure, a tablet would probably help me finish some but I think it's more a lack of energy than lack of patience. Now that I think about it, I can't remember the last time I actually finished a piece! I better put an end to this madness.

You have some cool character concepts. I dig the armors they're very cool. keep drawing everyday and do more studies!

Welcome to CA.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What I like about your work is that you seem to be covering as many subjects as you can, not just figures, for example. If it hasn't been said before, it's advisable to go over a lot of basics, and to try drawing/painting things that aren't sci-fi/fantasy once in a while. That being said, I'd like to list a few publications that you may wanna check out. Yeah, there's a lot of free info and hot air (especially from me) floating on the 'net, but it's just good to have the book with you when you're workin'.

*Bridgman's Complete Guide to Drawing from Life
    *The Book of a Hundred Hands by Bridgman (which I have to study more)
    *Drawing the Draped Figure by Bridgman
    -the great thing about Dover books is that they're so inexpensive, and of high quality, in terms of info and book construction

*Harley Brown's Eternal Truths for Every Artist
    -His techniques and philosophy are easy to understand, and he's very motivational. When you're ready to learn more about color, and composition, seek this book out. Mr. Brown is a traditional artist, but his techniques can be applied to digital painting.

*International Artist Magazine
    -For the price of 6 bucks and change (U.S.), you can get into the minds of artists around the world. They're not concept artists, but their teachings can be applied. Plus, there's at least 4-5 painting demos in each issue.

Thanks for listening to my

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OleOlsen : Hey thanks alot for the tip and the compliment,

Pesmerga; haha i do that alot too...Most of my work are not finished. that's why I didn't make a thread in Finish.lol But yeha not finishing stuff you start is a bad habbit LOl i found out the hard way.when i went back to and look over all my previous work and most of them were incomplete. Man i need a Tablet soo bad. so it'll be easier to draw/paint Digitaly. but yeah thanks alot.

maestro_612: hehehe yeha I know what you mean. I draw too mUch Sci Fi stuff and don't practice my other stuff*basics* So most of the time when I draw I tend to get portions/ shading and other stuff messed up... But yeah thanks for the title of these books. I've been wanting Books on how to draw but I didn't know wich one to get so I just didn't get any LOL. This is great because my cousin works at a book store maybe i can use his discount.

Here's soemthing I drew today..LOL more Sci Fi stuff, as usual Did not finish it
    what you guys think?

Kai's Sketch Book

Here's one from my old sketch book..

Kai's Sketch Book

Last edited by xXMizu_NinjaXx; August 19th, 2005 at 11:40 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That last post is totally awesome. Good shading techniques as well as an eye for details. My only crit is that the legs in the background should be a bit darker in contrast to the rest of the creature. Usually it's shadowed under the creature. I would love to see you paint this one. Later!

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This sketchbook is turning out nicely. I like the first drawing and the guy with the muscles (unfinished-one) the most. Keep it up you are making good progress.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As school is fast Approaching I began to realized how much time school will take out of me..this means that there will be few art works coming from me..BUt my goal is my goal...and i'll try to stick by it no matter what..and that goal is well..to become a better artist of course and at the same time try to post atleast two pictures I did that day in my thread, so Hopefully you guys keeps coming here and checking out my work . But yeah.. this will be my last year in high school and I have alot of easy teachers so you can exspect alot of Line paper art .

darkchild:hey thanks for correcting the mistake..I didn't even realized it..thanks for reminding me.

Posterboy: Hey thanks from the Compliment man..we both are very similar in some ways and we share pretty much the same goal. Its people like you that keeps me going thanks alot and wish you best of luck on your journey as well.

Well here is what I did today..I decide to Finished up my Pictures of the dragon and corrected some mistake. I didn'y have much time to draw so yup only weird sketches.

Kai's Sketch Book

Here's a weird robot I drew really quick.

Kai's Sketch Book

Here Baiken. *fan art* not finished, and never will be lol

Kai's Sketch Book

Here's a Digital Painting I did for my cousin In photoshop. *smeared alot!*
    sorry bumskee...I couldn't help it.Lol

Kai's Sketch Book

Last edited by xXMizu_NinjaXx; August 21st, 2005 at 12:34 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there.... Great work on the dragon. You darkened the inner legs, cool. But that digital painting: awesome. Great pose and expression. Was that line art originally or painted entirely on PS? You did a great job with everything. The hair is a bit frazzled on the right hand side and pointed on the left. If you use the smear tool in PS then your headed in the right direction. That is my favorite tool for getting hair to a nice point. Set the strength down to 60% and just pull on the tips of the hair until desired length is acquired. Again great work. Keep them coming. Later!

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    darkchild: hey thanks agian for everything. I still need Help with the hair...they are pretty hard when it comes to painting . I need to work harder on those. and thanks for encouragement i will work harder .

Well..today I drew Three Pictures

Kai's Sketch Book

Kai's Sketch Book

Was my first time using chalk... Its got a little messy

Kai's Sketch Book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    mann.. haven't gone in here in hecka days, well i've been really lazy and haven't drawn that much. but yeh here's two new digital painting i did of my friends

Kai's Sketch Book

Kai's Sketch Book

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.