Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Master Copy Workshop

Thanks
    welp I guess this one is an ok of vermeer...but you guys are really blowing me away :o

Master Copy Workshop
    Keep your dream alive - Feed it daily!

"The true essence of swordsmanship is like the willow blowing in the gentle breeze" - Tesshu (someday my art will be like this)

website

Mah Sketchbawk!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanks Sve, nice to get some feedback because PAINTING IS LOOONEEELLLYYYYY !!!!!!!!! cries alone over her own shoulder then pats herself at her own back

Hey J Mac, that study of Sargent raaawwwks ! I love the full creamy appearance, this is the kind of way of painting I want to learn this kind of way of painting too reminds me of Krutz painting way which I really love, have to confess havent really had so much time to browse Sargents own paintings and discover him, although I have heard a lot about him and know I will later have to face his body of work as well, but one cant digest all at once now.... I also like that we can see your room as well, makes it feel more personal and you appearing to be more friendly and approachable now

Demeter Luna, Im so jealous !!! You can get that smooth with oilcolours !!!!!! to me its almost impossibility they always end up beeing smudgy and grey borridge, oil painting is such a pain in the ass, not only is it so slow and tricky medium but dirty too, I currently feel comfortable settling into digital painting or ever watercolour rather than oilcolours, so dont need to worry about the grrrr waching and smell of turpentine and such toxical gases, this is really perfect mastercopy, you must have learned a lot from this though at the same time appears you already knew quite a lot before you started other vice couldnt have did this fine !!!!!

Orionfisher, another person not having problems in making things smooth with oilcolours, Im feeling preassured to start painting mine too very soon though I dont really like it, first I do have better camera but not sure how well it can capture image..... well... but anyways I quess Ill have to browse through here to see some hints about the oilpainting progress, now I would put gesso until the surface is flat then I would put draw the sketch maybe use black acrylics and then paint the entire canvas with some basecolour usually burnt sienna acrylics to get rid of the white base and then move one from there, they say that the oilcolour runs more smoothly as well on top of acrylics surface so there are many good reasons for using acrylic base in oilpainting, why not in fact lay the foundations with acrylics or the complamentary base colour plots as is tough in this thread :

The uses of Underpaintings Thread

Sve !!! Youuuuu fine lady I love you, that is soooooooo beautiful, such beautiful colours and details, you chose the colour of green for the dress, the colour of growth, nice !!!! We women are the embodiment of new growth so it just sends a message, you are very down to earth woman !!! Which is a quality in itself to be admired I often fly so high that I dont see people who live with me (ups this should go to the confession area already, lols!!)

Orozco where did you paint that Rembrandt on (another one of my faves) could be cool to see the whole setting (im curious cat) the second one is cool too you have proportions in tact, lovely !!!!

TeTsuo have you seen the movie, wow I love it, the enitre movie looks like paintable, to have it on dvd and stop at anywhere you like "we are all but shauls in his net" lol, thats how we artists are, seems like all our interest is on drinking and eating life out of living to rebreath it on canvas, do you feel like this too or is it just weird me

Okay, Im going to post this here because its now completed, though I already did posted in the finished section because I think I have never posted anything decent there before but it belongs here because I got my motivation to do it in here, balblalbalaa, Im really happy with it, it felt so easy to paint and I realise that its much more easier to copy somebodys painting than painting from photo or real life which means that I lack a lot in selfexpression and craftsmanship and why would I not lack when I have practicly no experience to mention, laaazzy and/or busy

here is one more time, hope you dont get tired with me already

Master Copy Workshop
    look I dont know why I love you I just do

Thanks
    not so much a master copy than a mere value study. sure was a fun and helpful excercise!
    mucho respêct to many of the works (the people making them rather) in here!

Master Copy Workshop
    WEED TORTURE WIN
    www.hyver.com -()- sketch thread

Thanks
    Egets: Yes i have seen the movie. I was astounded by how well the world of vermeer was captured on film. Truly a wonderful thing to behold. And yes often times I get caught in such a net and have to saw my way out to get over my fears in life to go ahead and paint/draw/etc. Everyone fights the same
    Keep your dream alive - Feed it daily!

"The true essence of swordsmanship is like the willow blowing in the gentle breeze" - Tesshu (someday my art will be like this)

website

Mah Sketchbawk!

Thanks
    I actually started my own master copying thread before i saw this one...
    This is copy-pasted from it:
    I am just starting to seriously learn painting. I have always focused on drawing, but have forgotten to learn and observe color, a great problem in my work. One of the goals I am setting for myself is to copy artwork from painting masters, both classic and contemporary. I hope to work at least 2 hours a day on this, making one-sitting pieces from several masters.
    The next two are my first attempts. Obviously, no tracing or color picking involved. Color was done by choosing it on the color bars, not with the eyedropper (I know a lot of people who do this - which makes the whole process kind of useless...).

1. COPY OF A PIECE BY CRAIG MULLINS (currently the main image on his website). This guy knows how to paint! Great place to start, especially to observe skin tones.

THIS IS THE COPY: (ps cs2, 1.5 - 2 hours)
    Master Copy Workshop

THIS IS THE ORIGINAL:
    Master Copy Workshop

2. COPY OF REMBRANDT'S "SELF PORTRAIT AS THE APOSTLE SAINT PAUL". This is one of my favourite paintings of all time. Also a great piece for skin tones and warm/cool contrast.

THIS IS THE COPY: (ps cs2, 3 - 3.5 hours)
    Master Copy Workshop

THIS IS THE ORIGINAL:
    Master Copy Workshop

Thanks

question

this thread=awesome! I got a question though:

how are people getting their prints to copy from? I have a verrrry crappy printer. I want to get a nice sized print, close to the size of the original painting, that'll look decent to copy from. I just want to practice modelling like Bouguereau, Ingres, etc... just want to do some heads or torso's

so has anyone used Kinko's? That's all I can think of, but it's 40 minutes away for me.
    --Keith
    www.lynxerror.com/~spear

Thanks
    a few copies..
    Master Copy Workshop
    Master Copy Workshop
    Master Copy Workshop
    Last edited by the_allejo05; April 25th, 2006 at 05:55 PM.
    my new site, is crazy stuff but is my own space, I can say whatever!! hehe:
    http://theallejo05.spaces.live.com/?_c02_owner=1
    One of the art schools I respect the most:
    http://www.mimsstudios.com/philosophy.htm

Thanks
    Warrior profile by Leonardo Da Vinci
    Master Copy Workshop

Not finished yet
    Master Copy Workshop
    crits are welcome

Thanks
    cepator you are brave..hehe..leonardo is one of the toughest to copy hehe..being michelangelo and raphael the other two!!!

Thanks
    hmm a copy after a Durer etching..i used a mechanical pen, fun but difficult.
    Master Copy Workshop

Thanks
    this is a study of Craig Mullins's Gladiator piece. I added a few colors of my own on the gladiator. i didn't wanna copy it exactly, so i went in with a loose brush. Mullins is just incredible, he knows how to play with light.

my version:

Master Copy Workshop

original:

Master Copy Workshop

Thanks
    Here's a rough and unfinished Bouguereau copy. My scanner wasn't being very cooperative today.
    Master Copy Workshop

Some impressive stuff in this thread.

Thanks
    nice hotei...i copied bougerau once in pencil..he is very delicate on his paintings..

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast