batman rogues digital sketch

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

batman rogues digital sketch

hey everyone! this is my first try at posting, so hopefully i won't look too stupid....

this digital sketch was inspired by all the sketch requests for batman i got at this past chicago wizard con. i based the designs on what i could remember from the batman cartoon. it took about 4 hrs total of on-and-off working in photoshop.

your crits are welcome!
    -paul[IMG]batman rogues digital sketch[/IMG]

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice, I was actually trying to draw a batman myself, in that exact pose. But it didn't turn out to well. Also is there two clayfaces? One in the top/left and another on top/right corners of the picture.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very cool sketch!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Stupidude666
    Nice, I was actually trying to draw a batman myself, in that exact pose. But it didn't turn out to well. Also is there two clayfaces? One in the top/left and another on top/right corners of the picture.

actually, the top-right guy is supposed to be my take on "killer croc".
    i kind of godzillza-ized him, making him alot less recognizible in the process...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you should go back to it, and make his jaw stick out more. That way you can tell he's a reptile. Or detail him better. It's hard to tell with the whole blue tint on the whole picture.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 286 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    nice composition, but i feel there needs to be a stronger light source (and accordingly, more contrast) to emphasise the shine of leather and other such shiney surfaces. it will also cast darker shadows which would add to the mood. the thick black outline around batman himself is quite offputting, it separates him too much from the rest of the image. perhaps have his cape darker all over? either way its not sitting well with me. lastly, the piece seems a little.. rigid. the poses are supposed to be dynamic, especially batmans, but because of your rendering style, everythings very square and not all that exciting. a simple remedy would be to blend the colours, to take off the sharp edge of the different values and turn them into gradients more than seperate colours. keep it up, i look forward to seeing more

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by 'stoph.
    nice composition, but i feel there needs to be a stronger light source (and accordingly, more contrast) to emphasise the shine of leather and other such shiney surfaces. it will also cast darker shadows which would add to the mood. the thick black outline around batman himself is quite offputting, it separates him too much from the rest of the image. perhaps have his cape darker all over? either way its not sitting well with me. lastly, the piece seems a little.. rigid. the poses are supposed to be dynamic, especially batmans, but because of your rendering style, everythings very square and not all that exciting. a simple remedy would be to blend the colours, to take off the sharp edge of the different values and turn them into gradients more than seperate colours. keep it up, i look forward to seeing more

i have to agree with you pretty much all-around. this sketch is me mostly just blocking in the forms & shadows in monotone. i added the thick black outline around bruce to infact seperate him from the background portraits, but i agree with you on it's overall effect. i guess the next stage will be to attack it with the soft airbrushy brush tool and maybe turn that outline into a cast shadow(?) and maybe use a different hue on the rogues wall to help seperate it from bats.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    all good man, glad you could take it on board and use your initiative look forward to the update

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Are we going to see the updated version? I'm pretty sure we're all anticipating it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Stupidude666
    Are we going to see the updated version? I'm pretty sure we're all anticipating it.

YES.......someday in the not too distant future.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My bad.

Last edited by KodiMynatt; August 21st, 2005 at 08:00 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ummm.. ok then, Mr KodiMynatt... and youre posting your own work in someone elses thread with no explanation whyyy?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.