Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

The "What you want to play" Thread

So summer time is always the dry spell of new games. And while there are going to be a lot of very awesome games coming out the rest of this year, there's just a few games I'd love to see be made.

- So while most people will agree that the Metriod Prime games were very kick ass, I'd love to play a new 2D Metriod game, made for the consoles, not the gameboys. Think about how incredably large the game could be, hell keep the graphics Super Metriod level, they're still incredable.
    - A Massive Multiplayer Online FIGHTING Game. Set it up like Soul Caliber or Tekken, but have it where you can switch between Fighting mode and Walking mode or something. Image raiding another gangs apartment building, you'd see people being thrown out of windows, and 20 or 30 people all in the Lounge area going at it.
    - A multiplayer Sim City. 'Nuff said.
    - A 2d fighter for the DS. Just port King of Fighters 03 or something.
    - A large scale Stragety FPS. Think along of the lines of Ghost Recon with 64 players. I'm all about some squad action.

Well that's all for now, but I figure you get my point.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Oh, and another game set in the Chrono Trigger universe would rock.

Thanks
    Outdoors

- Paintball...but I'm broke.
    - Ultimate...(its a frisbee game in case anyone wants to know) but its hard to organise large groups.
    - Soccer....but same reason as above.

Indoors

- Battlefield2....but I'm broke.
    - Falcon 4.0 Allied Force....same reason
    - FEAR - not released yet
    There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    Well I actually meant games that aren't out and aren't being made.

Something you wish someone would make.

Though paint ball does sound fun right about now.

Thanks
    Silent Hill 1, Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 3 (my favourite) and Silent Hill 4

Edit:

Oh so a game that I want someone to make... Silent Hill 5!!! LOL

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HugeHarHar
    Well I actually meant games that aren't out and aren't being made.

Something you wish someone would make.
    Whoops. My bad.

Honestly? I'm quite satisfied with the amount of games out there right now. I mean most of the movie franchises that are worth making into games were made, or are being made into games right now.

One wish I didn't quite get though, was a multiplayer Co-op THIEF game. I mean, it would bring out all sorts of new ways to play and design the maps.

I could see 4 thieves in a head to head play, pushing thru a labyrinth raiding tombs and staying away from zombie guards while trying to steal the centerpiece...so you're fighting AI, each other, time and trying to out steal 3 other players.

In Co-op mode, you can have up to 4 players working together against AI guards to assassinate/steal specific loot. Someone may have to be somewhere to set off a series of clockwork before another part of the team can sneak into the dungeon to get to the loot. So there are all sorts of possibilities happening.

There are others, but I need to take a nap so I'll add them later.
    There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    I want a MMO game that has the complete feel of any other single player game. I'd pick my guy at the beginning and it would generate a whole storyline for me that would be congruent with the all of the other story lines that other people were already playing. The actions and choices I'd make would have a real effect on whether or not something happens in the universe. Too bad its impossible atm.
    Cave House Studios - creative animation and video
    What the Sketchbook

Thanks
    A LucasArts adventure game in collaboration with Spümcø.

Thanks
    Black and White 2

The Movies

Spore

And a X-com game with RPG elements (I've actually been brainstorming the idea fore some time now)
    Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

-Terry Pratchett

Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 254 Posts
    a first/3rd person rpg-fire game where you sneak around a large city with basic realistic weapons and armor, and try to assassinate other players of the same type.

weapons being crossbows, daggers, maces, swords.

The single player game would have some interrogating and searching, but the multiplayer mode would be a mix of stealth and pure action.

dark cities and smokey sewers. woot.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 254 Posts
    oh another game, would be a mmofps in a fantasy world, but the weapons would be more so ww2 style than post future.

the game wouldnt rely on NPCs to fight but actual players. Bullets and damage would be EXTERME. If you were shot in the leg, that specific character you were playing would have to find a way back to the med-center or die.

there wouldn't be complex of a leveling system as other mmo's, but you would be able to gain military prestiage and access more interesting items as you go.

other ways of getting prestiage would be by discovering military plans and sercets of rivals, destroying enemy buildings(med camps, barracks, supply storage), or aiding in building of buildings for your own army in specific locations.

the areas where these buildings are will be natural hotzones for offensive and defensive combat. Mapping systems will show where most of your army is located, so you can join up with them for assaults or you can lonewolf it.

Working in squads will allow ordering of military vechicles to be air droped, air drops can only be done in friendly hotzones.

yadda yadda, you get the point.

Thanks
    How about a steampunk based MMOPRG?

A futuristic mmorpg wiht multiple planets(each one is it's own seperate server). You can buy and build space craft, mechs, personal armor, and the like. Imagine fighting a 200 foot mech in your 20 foot personal armor suit. It could have the possiblities of the Shadow of the Colossus game. Your jetting left and right blasting with a large plasma cannon, climbing the giant suit to finish it off, or hiding in the surrounding skyscrapers, busting out a window and sniping the giant.

Thanks
    The fanboy within me is yelling Beyond Good & Evil 2, or at least the Sonic.Mario crossover that Miyamoto and Naka keep banding about in interviews. But in a less specific field.. something like BG&E, i.e. an original and immersive action storyline rather than the movie license / sports title / FPS crap that's being released at the moment. Curses upon EA.

Thanks
    I want to play a game like this projectoffset

Thanks
    How about an MMORPG that doesn't suck?

0kelvin
    www.WhereIsMyEyeball.com My portfolio! Go check it out!
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HugeHarHar
    Oh, and another game set in the Chrono Trigger universe would rock.
    although it wasn't really a direct sequel, ChronoCross came out on the PSone. It hinted at some of the things in ChronoTrigger, but it was a different cast of characters. Way underrated game.

I wish for more 2d games. won't happen. And I wish for every third party to stop making Fps. Although if that happened, I don't think microsoft would have any games for xbox.

-tiny
    Being stubborn towards humanity since 1982

Thanks
    Im not exactly sure how this could play out, but I think a game that involved strategy elements with mmorpg elements and FPS elements. Or rather a game where some players controlled mass amounts of players from a warcraft like perspective. But each of these players were also real players who had some aspect of control, but from the FPS perspective. In other words the "Overlord" or the person who controls the mass amount of players from above would tell them where to go, but they can control how they get there and how they battle when they get there. Its aliitle complicated and may not be practical. Maybe thats why its never been done before. I did here something about a similar type game coming out though..I think it was called Stalker or something like that.

Another thought for a game is a game similar to planetside, only the whole game takes place in outerspace and instead of taking over installations on planets you take over huge spacecraft. And each one you take over allows you to have advantages over the other competeing forces. And have equal attention spent on the aircraft warfar as the FPS aspect so that neither feels like an addition to another type of game. It sounds like the new Warhawk for the PS3 may be this type of game, minus the outerspace and multiplayer aspects.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubasteve
    Im not exactly sure how this could play out, but I think a game that involved strategy elements with mmorpg elements and FPS elements. Or rather a game where some players controlled mass amounts of players from a warcraft like perspective. But each of these players were also real players who had some aspect of control, but from the FPS perspective. In other words the "Overlord" or the person who controls the mass amount of players from above would tell them where to go, but they can control how they get there and how they battle when they get there. Its aliitle complicated and may not be practical. Maybe thats why its never been done before. I did here something about a similar type game coming out though..I think it was called Stalker or something like that.
    they actually made a game like that called Savage, which was an amazing game, but horribly underrated. I havent played it in a while, but from what I remember there was one commander for each team who played the game like a normal RTS. You tell people where to collect resources, where to build, attack, defend, etc. The rest of the people on the team took the roles of the townspeople. You start out a peasant, and through completing goals (collecting resources, attacking, and following orders given by the commander) you gained gold, which allowed you to level into better units, gain more improved equiptment, and so on. you should definately check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus
    I want to play a game like this projectoffset
    that is the most beautiful game i've ever seen. my existance depends on that being made.

Thanks
    Cool! I wonder why it never caught on. Maybe it was hard to get people to play as a team.

Thanks
    Tinyhands- Yeah, Chrono Cross was an incredable game. Possibly one of the most beautiful playstation games over all. I was really into the coral reef theme.

But like I said, I want another one! I think in a few years theres going to be a return of 2D games, seeing as how popular the classic games are becoming again, I see more Castlevanias, 2D Mario(which is being made for the DS! WOOT!), and who knows what else.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Advocate of Fate
    they actually made a game like that called Savage, which was an amazing game, but horribly underrated.
    Funny you should mention that, three of the guys who made Savage are the ones doing Project Offset.

It's a very impressive project so far, especially for just 3 guys. I'm a little leery of the gameplay though, it seems to involve a lot of melee, and first-person melee combat is very hard to get right.

0kelvin
    www.WhereIsMyEyeball.com My portfolio! Go check it out!
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Is Chrono Cross anything like Xenogears? I was heavily into that one until I got to a boss I just couldn't beat. This was after putting tons of time into the game, which was extremely long I might ad... I was just curious if the two were similar.

Thanks
    No the two games aren't really that similar, but do share the fact that they're both great games.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davi
    a first/3rd person rpg-fire game where you sneak around a large city with basic realistic weapons and armor, and try to assassinate other players of the same type.

weapons being crossbows, daggers, maces, swords.

The single player game would have some interrogating and searching, but the multiplayer mode would be a mix of stealth and pure action.

dark cities and smokey sewers. woot.
    Aren't you describing Deus Ex?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Exo
    amazing game, one of my all time favorites. anyone have news on the sequel? last I checked they were planning on one, but im not sure if they followed through.

what I want to see, other than a return to the games of yesteryear, is The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (and all expansions).... online. Imagine, no NPCs whatsoever (short of enemies). Your own completely raw world for the players to shape and destroy. Integrate professions into that, to take the place of the NPCs.

Thanks
    A FPS that you can play online without cheaters. Now THAT would be cool.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Exo

Originally Posted by Advocate of Fate

amazing game, one of my all time favorites. anyone have news on the sequel? last I checked they were planning on one, but im not sure if they followed through.
    http://www.deusex.com/

Unless you are talking about a 3rd game, here it is.

Haven't played the game my self but I hear the PC version is "console tainted" if I'm allowed to coin that phrase
    Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

-Terry Pratchett

Thanks
    Console tainted is defintly the word. This brings in one of my pet peves.

Stupid consoles that have PC games dumbed down because it goes on PC and consoles.

I mean deus ex one rocked cus of that accesibility with the PC mechcainics of games. As soon as it needs to be dumbed down so it can be played with a freakin controller it gets ruined... they took out all the good RPG bits and stuff about it.

Anyways my game, more like a good old scool RPG, defintly the return of 2d games.

A very very story driven game with the great RPG elements of weapon choice and maybe spell choice, only slightly more in depth than those of the Zelda Game.

Single player only - literally one character with a specific knd of hero attitude to him, but with certain custimization.

Combat, more like slightly more tactical zelda, more puzzles within battles...not how any hit points of dragon lords sword is with double bonus enchantments......

Excellent story development and twists etc.. very emotionally involved game, almost of a movie like status in character development.

Puzzles, not stupid like puzzle puzzle type things, but unique intriuguing puzzles to push along the story and in sets etc like dungeons and so on.

Possibly a new refreshing unique design to everything - cool set designs and the works.

Overall.... Think 1 player final fantasy with the combat of Zelda, with a pinch of customization.

Possibly a quite simple request but i have yet to find a game which offers the simplicity of gameplay with development of story and story.

Then again theres probably a good movie that does this for me. lol

Andy.

Any reccomndations on this is cool. Prob is that atm i only have a PC (have played a fair few consoles in my life though - GC N64 PS1 (most handheld ones...)
    PHANDY // Andrew Porter
    Concept Artist // Splash Damage

ArtStation Blog Tumblr

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muircheartach
    [I]
    http://www.deusex.com/

Unless you are talking about a 3rd game, here it is.
    yep, im an idiot. I even played the demo, which bugged for some reason.

Phatandy, seems like the game you want would definately be any rpg/adventure game on psone, mainly anything out of the final fantasy series, or perhaps the breath of fire series (4's the best). As far as simplicity in design goes, check out this thread unfortunately, you'll need a console for all of those games. I bought my psone for like 30 bucks at Funcoland, so it really shouldnt be a proble m for you to get one. Its definately my greatest investment. ive spent like 200 bucks on old psone games, and still want more.

Thanks
    I want a megaman game that actually stands up to the quality of well...the first 10 made. After Megaman X they just started stinking...no fun...Oh well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast