Digital concept Painting

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Digital concept Painting

Hi everyone! I just wanted to put up a digital painting I completed tonight for your C&C. Please take a look and tell me what you think. I value your insight!
    Digital concept Painting

Without you I have nothing, but with you
    I have everything
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    -edges- When you look at all the edges around the piece, they are all sort of...the same...except for the lights. This is backwards, to some degree. The light coming out of his eyes might be a hard edge for a little bit, but it would diffuse out, this is why it looks cutout and strange. On the robot head, you don't have much manipulation of edges. You aren't defining the way planes roll away from the viewer, quickly or slowly, with the edges. this would give your painting much more depth and dimensionality. Think about it this way, if you have a cube, it has hard edges, and you would paint it as such. If you had a sphere, you would paint it with soft edges, because the light slowly diminishes across the form. You want to do the same here, you think about how the planes roll away from the viewer, be it the contours, or the stuff inside, and give it an appropriate edge in relation to all the other edges in the picture. It's tough stuff, but it would be good if you started thinking about it and trying to apply it.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.