Thanks

Tablet PC reviews anyone?

hiy guys, I was wondering if anyone out there has ever used or own a tablet laptop. I'm considering buying one but have no idea what to expect. Most of the reviews I've read are pretty general, I need specific information such as: 1. what is the writing/drawing suface like? 2. is there any presure sensitivity? 3. what is the refresh rate like when using photoshop or painter, is it laggy?

any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hey, I just bought a tablet PC. Toshiba Satellite series WACOM Penabled. Had it for all of 1 week so far. All I got to say is it's awesome. I will be posting some new work done on it in the next few days. I've got 3 pieces done so far. The computer works beautifully. The only thing is, I'm afraid I might break the swivel. Like all (or most) of it's kind the swivel doesn't feel very substantial. But it's very convenient for doing your work. The pen tracks fine. I had to recalibrate the pen after I got it. To me it beats a regular WACOM tablet in that you can point to the work on the screen without feeling like using a track pad. But on the other hand just like doing art on a real canvas or paper, your hand will be in the way of the work. The surface of the screen is very smooth compared to a tradition laptop. The screen is less likely to smear with your sweaty hand resting on it. It only tracks the pen too, so you can't use your fingers or make the mouse go cazy by resting your hand on it writing. Pressure sensitivity is adjusted through the computer's settings. You don't have to push too hard to write anything. The cursor will track at about a quarter to a half an inch above the screen. There was no lag time in painting in PS7. But I'm sure if you have a bunch of programs running in the background it will lag a bit. I haven't put it to that test yet. I'm keeping mine clutter free, with just my artwork on it. I hope this helps. Feel free to ask me anymore questions. Later!
    !darkchild!

Feel free to checkout my work:
    darkchild's sketchbook

Don't forget to visit the Critique Section!!

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Thanks darkchild, I was considering a tablet PC too, maybe when I get better at drawing of course, but that's a nice mini review.

Thanks
    You're welcome Asoir. I hoped it helped.
    !darkchild!

Feel free to checkout my work:
    darkchild's sketchbook

Don't forget to visit the Critique Section!!

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    if you dig French - http://www.tabletpccorner.net/ the best tabletpc site.
    i broke the screen on mine so... i'm not up to date... but this site should help anyway.

Thanks
    How'd it break?