Sketchbook: 8.30.06 - Page 9

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 8.30.06

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by loomer

Cody, Tiff, Arkady - just wanted to reiterate how grateful for all the feedback. It's a huge help. And you are all very attractive people.
    LOLOL Scott! thank you and you to my dear man are very attractive and just plain cool.
    Your Girl with the Buffalo sketch has very nice lighting.
    I think once I start my TD sketches I'm going to send them to you for crit. if you don't mind. Since I'm not fighting you I trust you will give me an honest crit. Is this cool? I'm starting to get couped up in my hole and not wanting to show anyone anything because I am so shamefully dissappointed in my jesus painting. And if you want to show me your TD Sketches I will be more then happy to crit. and help. Deal? deal.
    Anyway I need to sketch more. You inspire me my Friend.
    -T

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow man... That last painting quoted by enthomed is fantastic (the one with the tenticle things, and the badass creepy moaning faces). You anatomy looks great to me (although I'm not very well trained in the human anatomy yet), your
    lighting looks great (although it might not hurt to make some of the dark areas darker) and the wet shine of the tenticles is really eye catching. Your faces could use a bit of work. Hope you don't mind the (probably) late crit from a relatively untrained eye, but I just thought I'd put in my two cents. I'm regretting not pouring through your sketchbook before. Great stuff.

Sepulverture's Sketchbook Page 1 Page 19
    Sepulvertures Extended Studies Page 1
    page 2

Tutorials Tips and Tricks needs you to stay alive!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wooow just Woow

My SktechBook

Animation is concentration !!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome SB, I can't beileve I missed this one. The SB pages are awesome, I need to start expiermenting more with color in mine. Very inspirational! Keep it up and keep amazing us.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heya Scott! Lovin these colored sketch pages. I keep goin over this pic and I think "maybe" it's the water ripples that are throwing people off with perspective? But with just the way it is, it does have a nice "Alice in Wonderland" feel to it. ... Just my 2 cents... well a penny worth anyway...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Scott, what can I say but WOWEEWOWWOW! I should have dorked it up and had you draw in my sketchbook in Seattle when I had the chance! It's great to see such a broad range of style in the sketchbook here. I especially like the progress shots and description of your Alice in Wonderland-themed painting.

I'll keep watching if you keep posting.

"Baby, you make me wish I had three hands!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That pic with the weird demon worms things makes me think of the film 'Deep Rising', awesome film that.. anyway, as bowlin said, sweet alice in wonderland feel to it, creepy too.

Kepp em rolling!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Scott things are looking good man! When I start making some cash I'm coming uo to NY!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OMG- this thread is still around? I thought they would delete it due to inactivity and a complete lack of content quality.
    For all the lovers...an new digital image I did just for fun and practice and erotic pleasures:

sve - thank you deary for always putting so much thought and time into your replies. We all appreciate it. Talk later!

Lordspewbarfer -eli! Man - how is all? Thanks dude - come to AOL 3 and hang a bit!

enthombed - thanks man!

Badger - thank you! Yeah - the perspective thing will need to be worked on. I'm weak in that area

poise- tiffany, you give some of the best crits out there. I should be thanking you and should really send my work your way more often. You rock

sepulvulture - thanks man - good points!

fat kid who is not fat at all - Hey man! How are you? Good points on all accounts. Except for the fact you think this thread deserves 5 stars...I'd give it 2 - cause #2 = poo

goro-kiss- too kind, thank you

skeiff -thanks - i will try

bowlin- thanks man! You are dead on - I was going to fix that but I had to ship the painting out to the gallery. I'll be working on perspective this year....a weakness for sure

anticonnor - thanks so much man, and it was great meetin you. Wish we got to hang longer. Hopefully I'll be out that way again one day and we can sketch a bit

MadCat -never saw DeepRising..sounds ...deep! (worst joke) thanks

voodoochile - Thanks rich for bringing this dead thread alive...now I feel inclined to post in it Come to ArtOutLoud 3 - we will drink and sketch as is the way

*:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, Scott. I wanted to write to you earlier about this one.
    OK, thank you again for you being always kind and objective. I'm proud of being your friend.

About art.

haha, don't know how to say, but the breasts of this girl are the most powerful image in the painting. You are telling me what you thought when you painted those. I'm shy to say it, but they are so beautiful. there is heaviness in them, and warmth, and great volume and I can't look far away from them.

Man, I feel embarrassed. But those kind of breasts can make men lose their mind.
    Oh god, I could really write some very graphic things about this image, but it will be like a new edition Playboy magazine. I am not gonna do it. Just know that what you thought painting them is very contagious.

The next best thing are those funny, silly, annoying, very likable and self-adoring little creatures. They make me smile. swimming in the brown hair wave (), with totally self-forgotten, happily lost faces. heheh, they are so complacent. And those glassy eyes, ahah, great characters. This girl is theirs.
    But sincerely speaking this is what erotic is, isn't it, state of extreme satisfaction, when all sensors thin and thick have been fulfilled. and that's how it looks, kind of dumb, heheh. Animal's feeling, what can be said more .

I like the frame very much and the whole strange a bit satanist approach. Interesting, forbidden apple, eh?
    If you don't mind to hear some observation it is here, there are too many empty space in the picture.
    The face of the girl, although I like it a lot made in different style than the rest of her body, in my opinion, very schematic. You didn't give it as much attention as to her body. The sharply cut cheek of hers, I don't know, lovely type of the face, but looks like a doll too much. Although very elegant face.
    I like poses of creatures, they are great.
    The pose of the girl is kind of , how to say it, lost. out of touch with reality.
    Well, OK, enough of that.
    See you,
    Sveta
    P.S. Yours is six star thread, please remember that.

Last edited by sve; August 29th, 2006 at 08:31 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    nice one. i'm not entirely sure about the way the shirt folds beneath her breast.
    together with the bellybutton it makes it look as if her hip was just moved to the side without actually stretching the skin. kinda hard to say. the lines on her shirt are probably not quite correct in perspective beneath her breast.
    eh well,still like it very much. i'm just nitpicky.

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    love that border scotty boy.. damb your too good...

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Loomer, I really enjoyed browsing your SB, man. Good work is being produced on the double. In paticular, the last painting is really striking, and I think your line work has improved alot since Page 1. keep it up .

Thanks
    Thanked 1,430 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    bah...ok I change my mind..you would kick my ass.. god..damn..That is one sweeeet ass paitning scott, the subject, pose, rendering...all the little details.. really all solid.. I love her eyes, it's soooo blue.. and nice touch with the teddy bear buckle. the details on the back.......it's brilliant.. awsome... love it..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wicked work loomer... I really love her pose.. Good painting mate.. Keep comming out with new work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haha your cheesy lol.
    Its very far from deep too, about a underwater species of strange worm fish eat-you-alive-and-digest-you creatures. i recommand it!

Nice last piece, excluding the critable parts. love the little demon things. more!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,220 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
wow, nice sketchbook man!
I would though like to say that the boobies on your last girl are very off, but
thats the only thing I can spot right now. I cant really crit you
since your 100 times better then me, so I only say awsome work man!
Keep it up!

~Dile

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    uhu uhu uhu uhu uhu uhu cool cool cool cool cool

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Right hand is kinda flat and her booby area is really boxy. But slap my sweet hairy half cow ass, those minotaur babies are fucking gorgeous. The cow skull on top? Boner. Bring that figure quality up a bit... her thighs tapering off in a heart shape reminds me of a genie or somehing coming out of a lantern. Give the girl some meat!

There's lots going on here that makes my ass pucker, 2 t to tha 2 n, and I mean that in the gayest way possible.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by sve
    haha, don't know how to say, but the breasts of this girl are the most powerful image in the painting. You are telling me what you thought when you painted those. I'm shy to say it, but they are so beautiful. there is heaviness in them, and warmth, and great volume and I can't look far away from them.
    Ooooooooh Sve's trying to get into Loomer's pants... how come you don't talk about warm, heavy breasts in my sketchbook thread?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    strych9ine, where do you live? Meet me at 12 pm at Golden Gate bridge and lets get over with this hunger. Oh damn, you in Chicago, I thought California.
    well still meet me at Golden Gate bridge.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    FINALLY.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Allow people from round 1 to round 2 in LMS2 and we will make it a regualr thing .
    I AM talking to you about warm, heavy breasts in loomer's thread.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man - the last crits you guys gave me really reminds me I need to post here more often. Even if this piece was just for fun, I should pay more attention to these things you guys pointed out. I didn't have time to do all of the revisions I would have liked, but I think it looks a bit better now

First things first: Sve and Strych9ine! What are you two doing to my thread? This isn't myspace, or matchmaker, or sleazyfriend, or sexpartner! If you can't behave yourselves around my perverted art you will both recieve hot sexy spankings.

Carnifex -great call man. I don't think I addressed the stretch of the abdomen - I really should have. I will definitely be more aware of it next piece. Thank you very much - it was an eye opener.

Vigo- tank ya! I like what you've been up to these days as well!

Sybo - thank you sir. I'm glad you seen an improvement!

bumskee - no way man. You would totally dominate...but I would send a flying punch through email that would crack you right in the nose upon opening it. ? - i dunno i'm tired

seth1 -thanks! The pose is questionable, but I really wanted to try some exaggeration and stylization on the figure. I'm not sure it was successful, but you gotta try ya know?

MadCat -thanks bud!

Dile - yeah man - the boobs were off. Cody (strych9ine) also caught that. I'm surprised I didn't......I probably shouldn't have been in such a rush to finish this off.

oma- what are you doing there ? thanks!

strych9ine- good crits man. I forgot to address the hand issue, and frankly I lost interest in this piece a long time ago. But I just couldn't leave her boxed boobed, so I tweaked a few things. I know it needs more work, but I'm kinda done with it and would rather get crackin' on new stuff. Word!

I'll repost what I posted in the Southern California thread regarding the next gallery show...but here's one small 6" x 6" oil painting I'll be showing there:

Hey folks - Thought you might be interested in this gallery show I am pariticpating in at the Thinkspace Gallery in Los Angeles I'll have 2 small works (which I'll post here soon) in the show, but I won't be able to make it out there. The show opens Sept. 8 and runs through Oct. 8th. It should be insane -so many sick artists are in it, Brendan Monroe, Sylvia Ji, Chet Zar, Derek Hess just to mention a few and an installation by the always awesome Audrey Kawasaki. Check out the flyer here

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by loomer; August 29th, 2006 at 04:29 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wonderful art

Cobi

"If you're nose deep in sh*t, keep your mouth closed."-Henry Fonda

MY SKETCHBOOK!
    Site

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man, how low I fell. And this is just from few exchanges with this Cody. I just can imagine how badly you are spoiled. Knowing him all your life or something. Hot disciplinary measures might do me some good, but in case of strich9ine, you might just shoot him, no use. Only if you want to spank him of course.

Or maybe I didn't fall, maybe I was always there.

Good to hear from you, Scott. You can write anything you want in my thread, make it "sleazy friend" kind of thing, I will only be smiling. Like not closed to night to be mentioned strich9ine wrote once, that's entertainment.

Show flyer is so beautifully designed. Whose artwork is it on the cover? lovely. Those girls faces, thin wrists and elbows, gentle lips, heheheh stop me when it is getting too close to "my space".
    But really, I love this flyer.
    Will it be the show of the art connected with some style or theme? "Picks of harvest" is a wide theme.

Would be great to see your work and other artists, looks like it will be pretty big show too. May I ask what other painting you gave to them?

Girl with creature looks better, I think, but you darkened the creature in her hair very much, would be nice to make him a bit more prominent, add some highlights to him, maybe. I liked them. Good mood in this image, meaning it is sure satanic one, but funny and melancholic too.

The oil painting is looking great. So delicate using of colors and I like how stealthily you add some gentle touches of blue to all this earthy palette. Very subtle, very elegant. I really like it, you know, why scream with colors when you can transfer your thought with light hint.
    Delicate colors combined with delicate brushstrokes, fluent and bold, but still I can see you enjoyed painting them and put a lot of thoughts into them. There is apparent enjoyment from painting in this image I think.
    And it is curious too, like looking at detail from other different world,, like it was transfered to our word in some magic way and found laying at our modern streets, so strange and unusual..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cobi - Thank you!

Sveta - All hot erotic talk is encouraged of course....I want the decency level of this thread to make the Lounge look like The Round Circle of Scholarly Intellectuallites.

As for the show...the flyer is an image from Audrey Kawasaki. She was one of the girls I showed with in Seattle, and that particular piece was there. Her work is much more elegant in person and even more beautiful. She's been selling out every show she's been doing and usually within opening night. I cannot say enough good things about her as an artist or person. She's super cool and just a sweetheart. For this show she is the big attraction as she is doing an installation which looks great from what I've seen already.

The gallery curator really didn;t care about a theme...I guess the theme is just a way to kick off the Fall season...with a gigantic group show. I am only submitting 2 new pieces...the one above and another 12" x 16" oil, but I can't show it here because it's also my T-dome entry
    But soon
    Thanks for always writing Sveta - hope all is good with you and your family.

Don't know if I posted this one before...? Can't keep track due to having a partial working brain. Just for fun...been enjoying drawing weirdo creatures lately

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by loomer; August 30th, 2006 at 06:22 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Incredible work,

I love the girl with the two demons on her hands, 5 stars from me, great SB.

Niva's Links: Sketchbook | Eternal Seven Website
    Doomsday Dream Clan Artists: Clanlord | Headhunter
    Team CHOW III: Doomsday Dream Clan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dude! these updates are sick!

hows your t-dome piece going? gotta get on aim soon sucka

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

• Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.