Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 8.30.06

Thanks
    Hey, nice sketchbook you got going. I'm liking the colors a lot. I see the El Coro influence in the pieces? Nice shoes too.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    You, guys are hilarious. I'm reading your exchange like a stand-up comedian's material. I think I'll be back often for the great art and a high-end literature.
    About art: I love everything. It's great! I'm very curious what will be next time.
    Regards, Sveta

Thanks
    Hey man that painting is looking great.
    These sketches are very good, check some proportions and you'll be ok.
    Keep the hard work and maybe in two years we can get those chick to serve us some beers and drinks.
    Cheers

Thanks
    Your painting is solid! I really love you light work, it's gorgeous.
    I also like the wide variety of subjects, some really nice original content.
    Keep posting
    -B-

Thanks
    Definitely a pleasure meeting you man, you do some great work. Digging the latest oil piece, the musculature on the foreground character is sweet. The horse is looking more like a dinosaur with those big thunderthighs and t-rex arms though...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    that oil painting is definately the sweetest thing in this new sb so far (for me). it reminds me abit of brom/frazetta, but not as extreme. cool beans.

edit: ah,and of dsillustration of course.

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loomer
    I demand this be posted in the "finally finished" section!
    its no fair to those of use who dont get to browse sketchbooks.

- Dan Dos Santos
    www.dandossantos.com

Thanks
    This is a small update considering how long it's been since I've posted. I should be ashamed of myself. I know I've complained to half of CA.org about how sick I was, and being a little whiny baby- but man ..I tell ya...i was a mess. Just a nasty ear infection, and it ruined me for a week. I was just lying there like a snotty pile, all hip bones and ribcage. I'm coming back..slowly..but I'm coming back baby.

replies to friends and lovers:
    bumskee : Man..Glad you remembered the drawing and that you like how I handled it in paint. There are things like the energy and force of a drawing that I am trying to get to translate into my paintings. It's tough man.
    I got some more boobies for ya this post too mate

vigo - no way man...we'll be hanging out at Spectrum together at the bar getting free drinks from all our fans. Than if they are lucky they can shine both of our shoes! It was great seeing you again there...I plan on attending some more Sketch nights' - even if only once a month at the Society...I'll let ya know each time I am planning to go..so we can hang!

clogik - OK...mad painting skills in the mail
    sometimes I do color sketches...actually....most of the time. They are usually just really rough- but give me a general idea. I kind of let the painting 'speak' to me as it progresses...and we dance from there. That's what's so fuckn' great about painting...it's so primitive in a way.
    color palette you ask!? why look below...just for you!

ownzord - thanks ! el coro is fuckn' amazing. I think it would be hard for someone to look at his work and not be influenced in some way. My influences are quite numerous and varied...but usually are from alot of older/past artists

sve -thanks! yeah..I keep myself in good company..it's the only way

Diego my man - do we have to wait 2 years?

Badger -thanks! I will try to post more...very bad at that

strych9ine - it was great meeting you too man..I wish I got to see you puke! nah...that sucks actually. But it would have been cool to hang more.
    yeah..i guess my horsey looks a little T-rexish? i'm a suckafool

Carnifex - glad ya like the painting. Funny you should mention DS -look who posted after ya!
    I don't see the direct influence...we both work in oils? Dan's WAY better than I am...so it's a compliment to me anyway. I actually graduated a year earlier than Dan from SVA , and we had a lot of the same teachers..perhaps the influence is there?...

Dan - aww man. caught me...maybe if I get the nerve I'll post it there for ya.

okay...palette:

trying something different

*:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*

Thanks
    hey great art in here

Thanks
    Hello, Loomer.
    I hope you are better with every minute. You are one of my favorite on this forum. Last update is great. I'm especially like the swing and the tired traveller.
    I understand that's space on your server is limited, but is it possible for you to show bigger picture of the ElephantSwing? I actually already took it to my Favotites together with 4 more. I maybe would add a moon above them in the opposite to the elephant corner.
    Sveta Dudetta

Last edited by sve; September 20th, 2005 at 01:16 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 152 Posts
    loooomer. awsome update dude.. you know what I think about boobies, and awsome concepts... shite dude.. I just love how you do the arms and boobies.. so damn nice. :> hope you are feeling better by the way, I have cold.. not feeling very good and coughing my lungs out.. Oh and you should be ashamed for not updating frequently!! show us more dude!!

Thanks
    Whooa I think it's my first visit on this thread.
    That oil piece is stunnig. You've really worked on that one.
    I like everything on the last post very much. The idea of a swing on elephant horns really lifted corners of my mouth
    Excellent.

Keep on posting.

Thanks
    Scott- dude.. you really need to paint that last one... I see somethin really special there.. you can set it up where the elephant is at the edge of a cliff or something and the kid is swinging beyond the ground... with some beautiful clouds in the BG and maybe have the kid wearing those funky pilot goggles that the world war 1 bi-plane pilot used to wear... i dunno.. i like giving others ideas.. i just wish I could come up with some of my own... we shall def. chill.. just let me know when your going to SOI... im not going tonight.. im pretty broke... anyways.. worst case scenerio i'll hang with you on Sat. if your going to that Central park painting thingy... Laters dude..

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.