Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: 8.30.06

Thanks
    Scott, I love all your new art, all of it dearly, but what this means...?
    "OK - 3 pages I sketched on over the holidays. Can't I have off all year? that would be nice ...."
    I know that the smart thing would be to pretend that it's not here, but I never was any good in pretending. Why are you sad? What is bothering you? Oh well. Hope it's just holiday's effect.

Well, although I have all these questions in a back of my head and they interfere with my enjoyment from looking at your art, but anyway, I have to say, that I'm happy. Happy to meet you again and listen you through your art. And you have so much to say, dear Scott. If you don't mind I will talk back, maybe to myself, what difference does it make anyway, when words are separated with distances and not seconds, not minutes, but hours, days, weeks. On the other hand, letters were even worse.

You know the funny thing is I always feel that you art is a sweet mix of the childhood impressions, heard and seen fairy tales and very powerful sexual subtext. I'm not even sure you intended it, i think that something leads your mind, heart and hand in any mood of yours, whether you are down or chatty. Or maybe it's you, who is a conductor of this orchestra. You tell me, that's what I would like to know. But I say that in any case it's your past and present, and memories and impressions, and what you saw, and did, and from what you suffered, and what you went through on your way to this day. And that's truism.

First page, such a dreamy mood. Every character peacefully coexist with each other, no one searching contact with others, everyone is streaming away and hiding eyes. Well, I'm happy with this mood, i do it in real life all the time, hiding in my thoughts. I really feel this page is the side door from daily life into silent world. From where you are returning restored. All the characters are captured with one mood and don't have their own will, except the very strong male face in the middle of the page. he is the only one who is conscious. Was he the first on this page? Loomer, I'm so glad you are open to the most in your art. I enjoy guessing and reading your thoughts . This page has a slow motion repeating movement, like a merry-go-round around this rude greedy face in the middle. I can't separate anyone, they are very individual but they are together like obedient puppets rotating around their owner, mad Puppet Master. I'll take it back about Dylan, he is just sleeping .

The second page is different. There are some very strong characters here. I love this Harlequin and beautiful female figures with tiny waist. The are so graceful. I especially love the one with her back to viewer and the other one with spear. I'm aware it's the same character. Such a beautiful figure with tender shoulders.
    Dylan has great hair. So much of his personality in this unruly hair, I love this. . These drawings of him have a hypnotising effect from the first page.

The third page. I have not enough words to say how beautiful this is. I could say all appropriate in this case words like "dope", "sick" or some flattering profanities, but i never say this, so i just say it's pure pleasure to observe. How was it born, i don't understand it. never will. Where did this image come from. How? Did you see it in your mind? I'm just shaking my head, my very common thing on your thread.

God, I feel such a sweet horror and pleasure looking at this piece. Such a sad, sweet, heart tearing feeling. These lovely fallen leaves, and beautiful girl captured and almost non existed already, and old indifferent to suffering trees. All this acts like a poison. I love these straight pencils lines like a rays spreading from the girl and waves from her long tresses. They are creating some sensation of her rooting in this magic ground and in the same time they have some pleasant feeling of freedom going on. I have problem to explain this, but it's here, I feel it. I love the figure of wizard who found her, he has no luck though, I think, she is not a human anymore.
    Thank you for portrait of Dylan, you have a very charming son, I tried to do drawing of him from yours and from the photo. My pen is too rough, didn't capture his adventurous spirit. But your drawings, that's something special, Scott, I'm telling you, I don't remember such a expressive portraits of children, I guess this happened only when you give your heart to this. I love these drawings dearly.
    So thank you very much. I'm very sorry for my stupid rambling and my stupid character. Disregard anything if you feel it's no good. I didn't mean it this way, I wanted to say only that I love this very much.
    Sveta
    I saved all new pages, still hoping you are not serious about not wanting to update this thread anymore, it's your right, of course, but I will be sad and robbed..
    Last edited by sve; December 28th, 2005 at 02:30 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    WOW is all i can say aboit your artwork. i wish my skills with watercolors were as good as yours.
    "Is Japan in the future?" Rob ( Co-worker)
    "Wait.. What?" Me
    " They are almost done tommorow and I haven't even started tommorow" Rob
    " They are called timezones Rob.."
    " Oh Yeah" Rob

- SSGXXXVI - The Dirty Thirty Six -
    Unknown Epiphany EKU_11 Jska Frumious_Me

Thanks
    Holy shit, dude! I love those 3 pages! There is so much to look at! The pencil rendering is beautiful! So rough and refined at the same time. So many stories going on! Great stuff, man!

Thanks
    nice bunch of pages, I like the wizard/girl combo on the last one... I can tell you're experimenting with your ideas, it's fun to watch. the renderings are getting more refined, too.

hope your holidays were good and I swear you're gonna get a shirt in 06, goddammit! the planets will align!

Thanks
    Sweet updates...lovely lifedrawings

Thanks
    your very skilled at life drawings, so keep em comin'. it's cool to see you experimenting with new ideas. also, i love the rendering on that angel. that's some tight shit man. i'll check back later.
    -darkgenius

My SB - The Second Coming

SKETCHBOOK of a darkgenius (Crappy Old Sketchbook)

Thanks
    HOLY Pe-tun-nias Scott.. those pages were rocking my socks right off my footsies man... wow....! This isnt like any normal asspat this is the real deal holyfield asspat.. i could pick out so many goodies from what you have there but, i really like the girl charging with the spear.... her anatomy and figure looks spot on.... and those creepy dudes next to that tree.. wow... thats something you could def. work on further... man you wanna make me draw... thanks scott.... your like the hombre!
    Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    So much to look at in those last few pages, but what really caught my eye was the last CHoW and the drippy page posted before these. Fucking awesome. I'm officially inspired to use more color in natural mediums. The hatchwork in the first page of that last set is wicked too brotha...

Thanks
    The gaint teddy bear and the bottom of the last page look like great ideas that ought to be considered for detailed paintings. Your stuff seems to look like you enjoy drawing so much... veryyyy imaginative.

Thanks

‡‡‡‡‡ Bone Gathering ‡‡‡‡‡

Super SB pages <> thought they should be on the current page

Thanks
    heya loomer! happy holidays.. i really like those brownish grey thumbnails especially the one with the giant teddy bear...it rocks! haha you should blow it up and work from that. you could definitely turn it into a magical illustration.
    the new pages are rockin as well. i like the 3 girls with the gowns and big boobies heeh.. keep up that magical stuff.

*oh crap mentler tripped me out when he posted the images on this page. i was like ah man my post got screwed up again. hehe

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 152 Posts
    Scotty!! damn so hard to catch you on AIM these days.. would have been to talk to ya once in a while. hehe how was ur christmas? all good I bet? sweeet

beautiful update, your imagination is twisted yet not so twisted.. errr...yeah.. More Dylan I see, hehe how's he doing? Oh and that chick lying on the ground with leaves everywhere and treeeeeees.. that needs colour. I demand to see it in colour! love your work and talk soon!

Thanks
    Scott, why the hell have i not checkked this yet? i'm loving waht's happening here. I'm starting to see a consitency in your drawings that is becoming a destinct style. a great marrige between the regular everyday figure and the more cartoony stuff you're doing. there's movement, action, fluidity. The composition sketches are getting tighter. I think the big time is right around the corner for you. Happy New Year to you and your family. and here's hoping we could hang more often then we do in 2006.

Thanks
    Ohhhh cool style! The girl in the 2nd sheet with the tears is awesome Nice story book illustrations!
    SKETCHBOOK

Sinister Six Sketch Group
    Since 2003, sorta.
    Cookiedough Fooxoo Hyver Wolfje character

Thanks
    Happy New Year Loomer!

Your work is looking great, I really like the way you fill every corner of the pages. Your anatomy is looking really solid as well. Those thumbs on page 3 could all be turned into really good paintings. Particuarily with your skills with oils.

Great work, Keep it up!
    Have faith, these things should never be easy.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

New Artists Seeking Help Come Here - A mutual learning thread for learning the basics of drawing. Everyone's welcome.

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.