Sketchbook: !!!>>>>>looking For New Sketchlings<<<<<!!!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    vigostar is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

!!!>>>>>looking For New Sketchlings<<<<<!!!

Well, I'm starting this thread for the sketch group that I'm in. The goal here is to post all of our weekly assignments, colaborative works, and possible W.I.Ps that we may need some help with. ALL CA members are welcomed to critique and comment on the artwork displayed here.

Assignment #1 (given by Infini) was to draw 4 - 6 anatomy studies. These studies must be displayed no later then Aug. 15th 11:59pm.

In the near future I intend to try and do large colaborative works where every member gets one week to put their artwork on the canvas. Others projects will include things like creating a mock video game.... We come up with a simple story line and every member of the group gets a job to perform and a strict deadline to maintain. The goal here is to try and simulate the real life environment of a working art studio (or what we believe a working art studio is like). I may down the road ask some of our CA Pro's to jump in a give us assignments. Hopefully, they weill be more the cooperative.

NOTE: Encourage everyone from the group to participate in giving these assignments... We are a group and we must remember the goal of this group. If we see that one member of the group is slipping we need to as a group try and motivate that person towards participation...

So, if there are any questions and comments please post them here. This will be our "go to" thread for our assignments from now on. Talk to you guys soon..!

PS- My name is Rob for those of you who don't know... Maybe we should call eachother by our names?

Last edited by vigostar; March 31st, 2006 at 12:13 PM.
    Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey ROb,

reporting for group duty!

ok 4~6 figures..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aye aye -
    I'm all up in this shit

*:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This sounds really good. You've got some great ideas here. I look forward to working on them.

Have faith, these things should never be easy.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

New Artists Seeking Help Come Here - A mutual learning thread for learning the basics of drawing. Everyone's welcome.

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kewl, guys.. it looks like we're missing two members... Hmm, I hope they didnt go awol!!! anyways.. CLogik had a group name of Spirit Fingers... which I thought was clever... Infini also had some good names but, I cant remember them right now.. he had a good latin one.. Infini help me out here... Unfortunately, i didnt come up with anything good... Scott you have anything good...? Min- you???

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Luckily I havent deleted the email yet so here were my suggestions.

accipio - Latin meaning, to consider yourself indebted, receive, learn, take. Meaning that we are all trying to learn together.

The Dreamers of Dreams - Kind of speaks for itself.

The Long Road - As in learning art takes a long time.

The never ending quest - You can never know everything but we can try.

Not sure about the last two now that I look at them again, but hey. Thoughts anyone?

www.ianjlee.co.uk

New Artists Seeking Help Come Here - A mutual learning thread for learning the basics of drawing. Everyone's welcome.

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the first one the most.... personally...

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeh, me too. I like the second one as well though.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like "Spirit Fingers"...and it's a cool song

sfumato - In Italian sfumato means "blended" with connotations of "smoky" and is derived from the Italian word fumo meaning 'smoke'. Leonardo described sfumato as 'without lines or borders, in the manner of smoke'.

Rakugaki - Japanese for nonsensical and/or insignificant scribblings and drawings. I got this from Tera Katsuya's book Rakugaking - he's awesome.

xenophilia - Love of the foreign or unfamiliar. A xenophile is a person attracted to that which is foreign . We're Xenophiliacs!

watch hands
    cadmium crush
    electro ventricle

- I'm could go all day...I'm a wierdo, so therefore I like wierd things. Whatever the other folks dig is OK by me..I realize i have strange taste.
    Oh - here's some anatomy!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    damb Scott you were busy boy..! I like the anatomy studies... especially the red arm...! I like Rakugaki!!!! Cadium crush sounds cool but not good for those who dont paint....!

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice anatomy study, i really like the blue arm, and how the bone can be seen through it. Is it alright to post 6 anatomy studies here even if you aren't part of the team? This has me inspired.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, Adrian.. Thanks for stopping by and I'm really only speakng for myself right now but, I would rather you not do that.. I created this thread soley for the purpose so that our group has one place to go to when we need to display work pertinent to the projects or assignments given without going to 5 or 6 different sketchbooks.... I hope Im not too harsh or making myself look like a egotistical bastard but, Im trying to keep this thread as clean as possible so that we as a group can be the most constructive as possible... however, if you were to post some anatomy studies in your sketchbook (which btw I checked out and you have some nice stuff there.. lots of anatomy) I would be more then happy to leave my crits and comments... Thanks for stopping by but, I hope you understand and stop by some time again in the future and let us know how you think our group is progressing...

SketchBook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Rob he's the man.. adrianhaynes, do post in your sketchbook and I will be over there with bunch of crits and stuff in a flash.

Scott? must be loomer.. awsome anamtomy stuff, oh it's nice... better get myself cracking too..

As I mentioned it to Ian before, I like dreamers of dreams. because I have this thing with dreams.. long story cut short.. I like the word "dream. But like I said to Rob, whatever you guys decide I am good with, so long as we are drawing.. I am not good at coming up with words.. errr.. "sketch group"? is probably the best I can do..

my anatomy stuff coming up soon.. BTW whatever happened to clogik and britt?

here's mine.. some sketches with ref.. drawing figure is so hard..

Last edited by bumskee; August 14th, 2005 at 06:49 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Min- thats a good go at that the reffed poses... you have a nack for drawing the backside!!!! Look foward o seeing your anatomy shots!

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Figure/Anatomy

This is just to loosen your thinking a bit and may seem a little trite but I think it helps me!

When you think of a car you tend to think of the shape, make, model, color, year etc.
    That is not the most important thing about a car however!

The thing that is important about a car is that it will take your places.
    It will take you from point A to point B we need to thing about where we are and where we want to end up where we need to turn, how fast we want to go, when we need to speed up, slow down and stop.

Sure we are doing this in a vehicle but the vehicle itself is not the important part.

The same is true of drawing the figure or anything else we need to not think of the vehicle/figure but of the journey we want are drawing instrument to take where we want it to start and where we want it to end up taking into account the ins and outs, ups and downs, twists and turns and all the bumps along the way don't just feel the bumps, think about why that bump is there, talk yourself through every turn, every change in direction the change in the weight of the line etc. Drawing is not about the thing you are drawing it is about the journey, the act of drawing itself <> DRAWING IS THE THING

Hope this is as helpful to you as it has been to me!

no awol here...went camping for the weekend
    Im not too picky about the group name...just as long as it isn't along the lines of ass munchers or du' cocker sockers. I like team ????? the most of all the names mentioned...

Cool ideas on drawing Mentler...thanks for sharing
    and cool studies from everyone that posted
    here's mine

Last edited by britt; August 14th, 2005 at 01:51 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lovely ladies mumskee bumskee! lookin delicious
    -I love your..uh..figure skater smoker britt!
    Are some of those Bridgman studies? he's my man as well

- yeah.. i don't care too much about the name. Dreamer of dreams is nice, but I just picture us sitting around with wizard hats on. I'm cool wit dat...I could use a good ole' wizard cap on me dome...if you guys like that cool.

I also thought Sketch Engine would be appropriate, but fuck it already with the names. Let's Draw!!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    how about "fuck it: Lets Draw!!"

sounds good to me haha.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like sfumato or sketch engine quite alot. I still like dreamers of dreams though. I'll have my studies up later today when I can get to use the scanner.

Loomer - Very nice studies. You seem to have the muscle structures pretty much nailed. I like the blue and fed ones as well. I would include soom more detail on the hands maybe though.

Bumskee - I like the way you've drawn these. They have a loose but accurate feel. I think they would good if you coloured them in the same way as your anime drawings. I think it would be good to do some more dynamic poses maybe. Like running or jumping. I think your style would be very good for that.

Britt - Looking good. You seem to be good at muscle structure as well. I would tighten up your drawings abit though. They look quite sketchy at the moment.

Nice work everyone. I'll have mine up later today. How are you doing with your's Vigostar. And Clogik, are you still around?

www.ianjlee.co.uk

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, here are my studies. I've got a lot to learn about anatomy compared to you guys, but hey, you've got to start somewhere.

The black blotch on his back is from a drawing on the other side of the paper that soaked through. This image done using reference. I used pencil crayons based on Vigostars suggestion.

Based on Loomis

Done using reference. I used a water soluble pen and clean water to do this one and the one below.

The reason this one isnt finished is because the ink was soaking through and apearing on the image on the other side of the paper. I stopped when I realized it was happening.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is like a super sb... only better.
    And it's got a flying start with superb anatomy.

I'll keep my eyes on this sb.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, guys.. everyone is looking good and everone seems to be alive!!!!!

Mentler- thanks for sharing that.. It was quite a beautiful way of perceiving drawing as whole and not a "right at the moment". I have had a very similar principle myself... Thanks a mill... I hope to see your crits around here in the future... Maybe you can give us an anatomy assignment with Vital crits...

Brit- he nice to see you post buddy.... I like the skater person... I havent been able to get my hands on any bridgeman stuff.. but, I here he rocks hard!!!

Infini- great way to start... I like the colored version.. not becuz I suggested it but, because its looser and theres more mass in the drawing.. unlike the penciled and inked version.... be careful on the rendering and now to get that hose "thunderlines" going.. they can really harm your art.. keep it up... do a ton of these..!!!

Ok guys.. I will be updated tonight,... I have to do my studies today!!! So, I think we can go with "Dreamers of Dreams" being that everone seems to like that and being that Scott mentioned something about wizards.. Maybe our next project cold be to draw ourselves as wizards!!! then maybe someone from the group cold volunteer to take all of our renditions put them on onto photoshop so that we can view them all on one drawing... being that we are a group i think it would be better to have them all in one page... what do u think guys???? I can post the final image on the first post..

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Vigostar, the coloured one is my favorite as well. Thats why I was so annoyed when the ink bled through the page. But what do you mean by "thunderlines". Do you mean feathering the edges or the way I have shaded the inked two.

I'm happy with dreamers of dreams. I like the idea of drawing us all as wizards on one page. i think that will be fun.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "Thunderlines" are the way your lines look when your sketching or trying to render..... try to go over the lines more precisely.... creating one line that you like... does that make sense>>>? maybe I can demo it when i get home and post.... yeah, i also think the wizards would be fun.. we can do upper torso shots... lets say from the shoulders up!! I think that would be cool.... and the goal would be to try and dipict yourself as acurate as possible... anyways... thats my 2 cents!

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think I see what you mean about the "thunderlines". A demo would be helpful I think though. I like the realistic approach to the wizard thing. When should we have it done by?

www.ianjlee.co.uk

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    By the way, I really liked the idea of designing and possible making a game. I'd really like to have a go at that one. I have some 3d skills if that helps.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, infini- im going to try and do a quick demo for you today and will post tonight.. interesting you mentioned the game because someone from the forums contacted me asking if our group would be interested in helping his group create a game... basically from ehat I saw they have everything in play just need designers and such.. i told him to post it here but he never did... TGFX is the CA name.. check it out.. and that goes for everyone... if everyones interested then maybe we can work with this person to create this game.. let me know... http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=45886
    thats the link to his info and the games sites..

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    He dosnt look like he needs designers to me. He seems to have all he needs already. If everyone else wants to work with him then I don't mind. I just think it would be good if we created something totally ourselves. I think we have the talent to create something really good and original.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah, well, I have no real idea what he wanted from us... Im not sure how far along into a real development stage we can get with a game but what we can do is come up with a "buisness proposal".. Actually, I think that would be a great idea... We can come up with a full buisness proposal including things that we would need and include all concepts.. Ive had to do proposals before.. they can be fun and very tedious at the same time... Great experience overall....

SketchBook

The game idea is cool...but we don't have near enough people...Imagine creating a world with just the few of us. That other game by TGFX looks alright..but I don't see a consistant style that they are going with...and some of those designs are scary rip-offs of Lord of the Rings that could get them in trouble if they use them. I would have to see more if I were to help them design their game.

Crits on anatomy studies
    loomer Looks like you are really getting an understanding of the way the muscles work. Bridgeman is great for understanding how the muscles and bones work together. Try to avoid stylized angles and thick outlines, just as you did in the torso studies. Great work

bumskee These are very nice figure drawings...loose and economic in line useage. Proportions seem to be good as well. My only crit would be that some of the figures seem a bit outlined so I would watch for that...but you drew through some of the other figures so you probably already understand that. good job.

Infinitum cool stuff...wouldn't worry about trying too many different mediums right now...just focus on understanding muscle masses and bone structure...this should help your proportions. If you have an anatomy book do studies from that...and draw from live models as often as possible and try drawing using this process....1st gesture, 2nd construction, 3rd anatomy.

Hope this helps....keep up the good work

Last edited by britt; August 15th, 2005 at 01:31 PM.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1