Sketchbook: !!!>>>>>looking For New Sketchlings<<<<<!!!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vigostar is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

!!!>>>>>looking For New Sketchlings<<<<<!!!

Well, I'm starting this thread for the sketch group that I'm in. The goal here is to post all of our weekly assignments, colaborative works, and possible W.I.Ps that we may need some help with. ALL CA members are welcomed to critique and comment on the artwork displayed here.

Assignment #1 (given by Infini) was to draw 4 - 6 anatomy studies. These studies must be displayed no later then Aug. 15th 11:59pm.

In the near future I intend to try and do large colaborative works where every member gets one week to put their artwork on the canvas. Others projects will include things like creating a mock video game.... We come up with a simple story line and every member of the group gets a job to perform and a strict deadline to maintain. The goal here is to try and simulate the real life environment of a working art studio (or what we believe a working art studio is like). I may down the road ask some of our CA Pro's to jump in a give us assignments. Hopefully, they weill be more the cooperative.

NOTE: Encourage everyone from the group to participate in giving these assignments... We are a group and we must remember the goal of this group. If we see that one member of the group is slipping we need to as a group try and motivate that person towards participation...

So, if there are any questions and comments please post them here. This will be our "go to" thread for our assignments from now on. Talk to you guys soon..!

PS- My name is Rob for those of you who don't know... Maybe we should call eachother by our names?

Last edited by vigostar; March 31st, 2006 at 12:13 PM.
    Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey ROb,

reporting for group duty!

ok 4~6 figures..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aye aye -
    I'm all up in this shit

*:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This sounds really good. You've got some great ideas here. I look forward to working on them.

Have faith, these things should never be easy.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

New Artists Seeking Help Come Here - A mutual learning thread for learning the basics of drawing. Everyone's welcome.

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kewl, guys.. it looks like we're missing two members... Hmm, I hope they didnt go awol!!! anyways.. CLogik had a group name of Spirit Fingers... which I thought was clever... Infini also had some good names but, I cant remember them right now.. he had a good latin one.. Infini help me out here... Unfortunately, i didnt come up with anything good... Scott you have anything good...? Min- you???

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Luckily I havent deleted the email yet so here were my suggestions.

accipio - Latin meaning, to consider yourself indebted, receive, learn, take. Meaning that we are all trying to learn together.

The Dreamers of Dreams - Kind of speaks for itself.

The Long Road - As in learning art takes a long time.

The never ending quest - You can never know everything but we can try.

Not sure about the last two now that I look at them again, but hey. Thoughts anyone?

www.ianjlee.co.uk

New Artists Seeking Help Come Here - A mutual learning thread for learning the basics of drawing. Everyone's welcome.

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, here are my studies. I've got a lot to learn about anatomy compared to you guys, but hey, you've got to start somewhere.

The black blotch on his back is from a drawing on the other side of the paper that soaked through. This image done using reference. I used pencil crayons based on Vigostars suggestion.

Based on Loomis

Done using reference. I used a water soluble pen and clean water to do this one and the one below.

The reason this one isnt finished is because the ink was soaking through and apearing on the image on the other side of the paper. I stopped when I realized it was happening.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is like a super sb... only better.
    And it's got a flying start with superb anatomy.

I'll keep my eyes on this sb.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, guys.. everyone is looking good and everone seems to be alive!!!!!

Mentler- thanks for sharing that.. It was quite a beautiful way of perceiving drawing as whole and not a "right at the moment". I have had a very similar principle myself... Thanks a mill... I hope to see your crits around here in the future... Maybe you can give us an anatomy assignment with Vital crits...

Brit- he nice to see you post buddy.... I like the skater person... I havent been able to get my hands on any bridgeman stuff.. but, I here he rocks hard!!!

Infini- great way to start... I like the colored version.. not becuz I suggested it but, because its looser and theres more mass in the drawing.. unlike the penciled and inked version.... be careful on the rendering and now to get that hose "thunderlines" going.. they can really harm your art.. keep it up... do a ton of these..!!!

Ok guys.. I will be updated tonight,... I have to do my studies today!!! So, I think we can go with "Dreamers of Dreams" being that everone seems to like that and being that Scott mentioned something about wizards.. Maybe our next project cold be to draw ourselves as wizards!!! then maybe someone from the group cold volunteer to take all of our renditions put them on onto photoshop so that we can view them all on one drawing... being that we are a group i think it would be better to have them all in one page... what do u think guys???? I can post the final image on the first post..

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Vigostar, the coloured one is my favorite as well. Thats why I was so annoyed when the ink bled through the page. But what do you mean by "thunderlines". Do you mean feathering the edges or the way I have shaded the inked two.

I'm happy with dreamers of dreams. I like the idea of drawing us all as wizards on one page. i think that will be fun.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "Thunderlines" are the way your lines look when your sketching or trying to render..... try to go over the lines more precisely.... creating one line that you like... does that make sense>>>? maybe I can demo it when i get home and post.... yeah, i also think the wizards would be fun.. we can do upper torso shots... lets say from the shoulders up!! I think that would be cool.... and the goal would be to try and dipict yourself as acurate as possible... anyways... thats my 2 cents!

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    By the way, I really liked the idea of designing and possible making a game. I'd really like to have a go at that one. I have some 3d skills if that helps.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, infini- im going to try and do a quick demo for you today and will post tonight.. interesting you mentioned the game because someone from the forums contacted me asking if our group would be interested in helping his group create a game... basically from ehat I saw they have everything in play just need designers and such.. i told him to post it here but he never did... TGFX is the CA name.. check it out.. and that goes for everyone... if everyones interested then maybe we can work with this person to create this game.. let me know... http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=45886
    thats the link to his info and the games sites..

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    He dosnt look like he needs designers to me. He seems to have all he needs already. If everyone else wants to work with him then I don't mind. I just think it would be good if we created something totally ourselves. I think we have the talent to create something really good and original.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah, well, I have no real idea what he wanted from us... Im not sure how far along into a real development stage we can get with a game but what we can do is come up with a "buisness proposal".. Actually, I think that would be a great idea... We can come up with a full buisness proposal including things that we would need and include all concepts.. Ive had to do proposals before.. they can be fun and very tedious at the same time... Great experience overall....

SketchBook

The game idea is cool...but we don't have near enough people...Imagine creating a world with just the few of us. That other game by TGFX looks alright..but I don't see a consistant style that they are going with...and some of those designs are scary rip-offs of Lord of the Rings that could get them in trouble if they use them. I would have to see more if I were to help them design their game.

Crits on anatomy studies
    loomer Looks like you are really getting an understanding of the way the muscles work. Bridgeman is great for understanding how the muscles and bones work together. Try to avoid stylized angles and thick outlines, just as you did in the torso studies. Great work

bumskee These are very nice figure drawings...loose and economic in line useage. Proportions seem to be good as well. My only crit would be that some of the figures seem a bit outlined so I would watch for that...but you drew through some of the other figures so you probably already understand that. good job.

Infinitum cool stuff...wouldn't worry about trying too many different mediums right now...just focus on understanding muscle masses and bone structure...this should help your proportions. If you have an anatomy book do studies from that...and draw from live models as often as possible and try drawing using this process....1st gesture, 2nd construction, 3rd anatomy.

Hope this helps....keep up the good work

Last edited by britt; August 15th, 2005 at 01:31 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heres a quickie i did this morning...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Loomer- you need to clean out your inbox.. I just tried to PM you!!

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heres my crap for the day,, I couldnt draw for shit today.. sorry about that guys.. tomorrow will be a better day.... so, whats next on the assignments guys??? wanna take a crack at doing doing the wizard drawings??? and maybe 5 enviro or free air drawings????

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    britt, good stuff dude. skating naked? the arms is looking great, nice volume.

Infi, keep going dude, the lines are a bit messy though. Try to keep it simple and shading to minimum for now, would be good for you to look into proportion and general feel of a figure.. you know what I mean?? anatomy and details all good but if the overall feels off it's never going to be the perfect drawing you want. Like the dude you did in colour, he's more flowing than other drawings.

clogik, nice back dude.. doing muscles and making that work in a form is shit hard.. awsome study man..

Vigo, nice muscle studies.. I need to do more of them I guess. good going man.. where did you ref those? if they are refed..

I thought I chuck my life drawings here.. I went with Rodrigo and Form from CA here, yesterday.. it was really cool. Intersting blokes those two. hehe Rodrigo just turned 18 by the way.. anyways, tried some pen drawings, was rather fun and the poses were 1~3mins so.. few of the ones I like, female body is a wonder...

really like this one, except for her right leg..kinda lost the form... :< maybe next time..

Vigo, I think we should push more anatomy and figure stuff, but the ideas are very interesting.. especially the reality show kinda idea.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool clogik! That's a tough pose/angle to do anatomy study from...good for you

Lovely drawings bumskee..
    my favorite is the second one in from the left on top (with the black hair)

Lots of interesting ideas being thrown around...but I could go for another batch of anatomy as well. My head's kind of in that space right now, so might as well utilize it. But you know...I'm down for anything
    cheers me lil' sketchlings

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Min you crazy artist you... awesome girlies.. I really like the last one as well.. I love teh squiggly lines... great shape and flow... your are going to be a superstar I tell you...

Lets do more studies guys... more anatomy.. lets take it up a notch.... lets say 10 anatomy studies....

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Min- your character are getting so good!!!!! wow.... This is going to be fun..!

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    whoa! females galore!!

alright heres mine, i guess im the only one who did a non-female character..
    haah. thats good though..we need some variety.....im such a sucker for robots.

here ye go in all its sketchy goodness.

vigo: nice one, i like the costume and her facial expresssion..sick pen work too.
    infinitum: nice design. i like that huge gun of hers...looks mighty heavy. goo job!
    bumskee: sweet! very awesome mate, you killed it right there with that one..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, should we wait till each person has all of them done... then we can just post all of our renditions on one long horizontal post as opposed to post five different drawings at a time which could get confusing.... and when we put the characters on the post we post them in the order of the "postee" from left to right..! So, right now it would be Vigostar, Infini, Bumskee, Clogik...... and thats the way we would display the characters....What do u guys think?

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh shit - I'm in the company of some sick dudes..these are great ..everyones.
    Vigo -I just love the fashion approach on your girl..I know I've said that before..but I do. Can't wait to give her some lovin
    clogik -awesome--great bot, "number 5 is alive" I probably just dated my old ass self. I need to do robots..this will be good for me
    infini - that's one of the best pieces i've ever seen you do...what a step up man. Chicks with big guns..it's a timeless subject....you can never go wrong
    bumskee...holy shitballz...that is some character..I love it. killer pose too...you are getting so good at that

Ok - here's mine. I had another one, but ditched it..I fucked it up bad. I was trying to save it digitally, but it'll just be easier to redraw it. anyway..here's another guy I whipped up. And I DID name him! (i almost never do)

Theodore Gunderson =Souldigger
    goes to graveyards diggin' up souls!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heheh, awsome everyone.

clogik, hot monkeys!!! love it dude.. nicely crafted, going to be mad fun doing it myself. Like loomer I need to do more robots.. love how you did the arms, nice form..

Loomer, I thought u were doing a chick! heheh I was expecting boobies. love the expression, comical in a way.. I am going to turn him really freakish I think.. going to be heaps fun doing it.. awwwww.. whoever thought of this idea is king!

Just curious, anyone use MSN?? I have Ian on my list, wondering if anyone else wants to share some?

Last edited by bumskee; October 3rd, 2005 at 07:57 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    what's MSN - ya mean Microsoft or something?
    Oh - I was totally almost done with this chick character. I had the pencils all drawn. Then i had this great idea..."hey- I should experiment and rub ink all over the drawing!" - some experiments don't work out. so i decided to have some fun and whip up this little guy...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work Infinitum!. Liek the take on the character you came up with

My character ( sorry its a little late )
    Mafia man in a cold country. First ps character, many errors, looking forward to doing another, and my take on yours.

very amatuer looking, bad colour choices.. not defined enough areas, doesnt stand out from background. some anatomy and fold errors. face doesnt fit too well..
    Better next time

Vigo made all nessesairy comments, and well approved sve.. And i must say your SB is very good .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Vigostar - Thanks. I'm pleased you liked my interpretation of your character. It's strange doing a drawing based on someone elses design. i have never done a sketch trade before. I am really injoying it. Onto Mins next.

Sve - I agree with everything Vigostar has said. I would suggest working on your anatomy some more but you seem to have done alot of that in your SB. I agree with vigostar that there seems to be a big difference in quality between your SB and what you have posted here. However you do have the right attitude and do seem to want to learn. And with that you have come to the right place.

Emooe - Thanks, I was pleased with how it came out.
    I like the idea for your character, and I think that the feeling of cold comes across well. My only crit would be that his pose could be more dynamic. I think it would look good if he was doing something to give context to the character. Apart from that nice work. I like it.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1