Sketchbook: !!!>>>>>looking For New Sketchlings<<<<<!!! - Page 8
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    sve is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, everyone. Hey, vicostar, Your interpretation of Infini's character is very close to my impression of this character. I will not put in words though, because the whole idea is to do it in picture by artists themselves . But I'm very impressed. Well, here it goes my thought about your cool fashion girl. You probably will be disappointed, but I was fast, wasn't I ?

Sveta Dudetta

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    did some playing in Painter tonight at the expense of vigostar's character...I turned that chick green...and I have no reason. You're next Ian!

*:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great work Loomer. The way you have done the blues and pinks works really well. It looks like she is in nightclub or something. I really like it. It reminds me of something I have heard about colour. That if you get the tones right you can use whatever colours you want and it will still look right. I think this painting is an example of that. Nice work.

I've finished my interpretation of Vigostar's character now. I hope you like it. A quick biro sketch coloured in paint shop pro.

Have faith, these things should never be easy.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

New Artists Seeking Help Come Here - A mutual learning thread for learning the basics of drawing. Everyone's welcome.

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

vigostar is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    infini- yeah, I have struggled with legs throughout... trying to get that better... one day, one day...

Emooe- wheres the character?

Sve- interesting I think you should spend a bit more time on these though.. i know its called sketchtrade but, I think you should always try to improve and work hard and not just do something because you want to post... Ive seen your sketchbook so I know you can do it... cant wait to see what you have in store...]

loomer- great colors dude.. nice take on the character..

infini- your improving so much.. good work man.. keep it up..! great pose.. has lots of character..!

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, vigostar, I do want to improve, so I'm asking you to say more. In which direction do i need to dig? Technique, anatomy, colors or you didn't like me using Photoshop filters instead of drawing with my hands. It's okay, tell me, i need it. And, no, vigostar, I don't have an urge to post , I prefer to look, I'm posting with totally different reasons. I'm saying this just for you to understand me better . So tell me, before I post something again
    Sveta Dudetta

Last edited by sve; October 11th, 2005 at 12:52 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No, dude.. it just seemed like you wanted to post some artwork to show that you can produce something quickly and effectively...

ok... Addressing the fliters... All the great painters will tell you that the filters are intended to be used like you havent used any? If something was intended to be shiney or scratchy the painting should not read like you click on a filter mode and got a texture... Im not a photoshop expert in no way shape or form but, I have enough and seen enough work to know thats how its played.. maybe bumskee, clogik, loomer or one of the other guys can explain it better.. but thats just my take..
    On the topic of forms... I saw your sketchbook and you have some very strong life drawins there.. and Im not saying that to boost your ego... use ref... i know you have some.. spend some time researching stuff.. until you get what your searching for.. For my original sketch (which was not great in any standards) I used a ref. for the clothing.. i didnt know what i wanted but, I knew I wanted to do something different fashion wise.. so I flipped through magazine until I saw something I liked.. i took the general pose and idea then added my flare to it... for Bumskee's pose.. I want to create a very dynamic pose or somethign close to it.. so, I did lots of loose sketches and thumbs, I finally did something I liked (without ref.) and settlerd on it.. then I took another look at it and decided I wanted something more.. so, I ended up taking snapshots of my girlfriend in various poses.. which Im going to use for his project and the next... If you have a girlfriend and you have a relationship with her where you can do something like this.. DO IT!!!! try to do the type of things thr pros do... set up your lighting if you can... do lots of prelim drawings, thumbs, roughs, comps, color tests, style test, show it around to people and ask their opinions as if our asking an art director which one they like better.. things like this will help you tons.. And take your time.. I know that alot of the industry we want to work in is based on speed but, develop your skills first then fogure out or train yourself to get quicker after you've mastered the fundamentals and are happy with your final works... now take a look at your work again and with everything I just mentioned do you think you could bang out something better?? I know you can.. Im not going to get into what "I" think is wrong structurally with it.. im sure you can figure that out for yourself...

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you, vigostar, for very thoughtful reply. I'm thinking about it. Not anything what you said I understand, but I will read more and more, I hope on 100th time I"ll get it . I guess you feel I was lazy. Well, actually I did research, made several sketches, looked Internet photos of people on their websites. I had an image in my mind of something like that when I looked at your drawing: unyielding, proud, exotic, aristocratic, snobbish girl. So I tried to transfer it. I didn't do that much work as you described, but spent my night on her, couldn't sleep anyway .
    I'm very glad you said it to me and very grateful. Wish you said about structural faults too. And by the way, I think about Photoshop filters the same way as pencils, pens or markers. They are just a tool to express artist's thought. It is as good as any. They are good if an artist is good, Not the case with me but that's okay. And no. I didn't plan to knock out you , guys, with my drawings . I actually had to force myself to post against my embarrassment
    Thanks again, very much obliged
    Sveta Dudetta

Last edited by sve; October 11th, 2005 at 12:57 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your a gentleman Sve and I have to say that Im really happy to have you on board... Maybe its just me but, I see whats in your SB and its not really coinciding with what I see in yout SB. Maybe your trying to vary too much trying to give it a particular style but, im not sure.. theres no way to embarrass yourself here.. i for one will never put you down.. its not in my nature...

Proportionally it doesnt seem like it too off beat but, i guess its the exaggertations that are applied. like the tiny waist, huge hips and such... also, your lines really dont read like they are confident... they're very squiggly and you only used one line weight.. when outlining you should try to vary your lineweights to give certain emphases on certain parts... I wish I could do a paintover to really display what im saying... also, with the wings.. whats going on there??? she has her hand through a wing? why is her hand in that position or her arm for that mater?? even when people draw a simple character with no BG just the character.. Those character are in a certain position for a reason and not just placed like that for looks.. is she trying to be snobby and giving people her hand as is shooing them away??? am i making myself any more clearer now??!! this can be hard at times when you just cant describe yourself!!!!

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks again, vigostar, for giving your time to me.

The reason I want to participate in this thread I want to try something different for myself, not the realistic drawing I did before. So I'm fresh as a new born chicken.

I saw her in this position in my head. The hand, oh, I know it's in an impossible position, should I redraw it? I'm not sure it will make you like her . Yes, she is distancing herself. Now I see how bad my drawing is if I have to stand near it and explain what it is .

It's okay, . I like your critique. Wings? just my whim. Well, I'm not going away. I'll just have to think more.
    Sveta Dudetta

Last edited by sve; October 10th, 2005 at 06:34 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work Infinitum!. Liek the take on the character you came up with

My character ( sorry its a little late )
    Mafia man in a cold country. First ps character, many errors, looking forward to doing another, and my take on yours.

very amatuer looking, bad colour choices.. not defined enough areas, doesnt stand out from background. some anatomy and fold errors. face doesnt fit too well..
    Better next time

Vigo made all nessesairy comments, and well approved sve.. And i must say your SB is very good .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Vigostar - Thanks. I'm pleased you liked my interpretation of your character. It's strange doing a drawing based on someone elses design. i have never done a sketch trade before. I am really injoying it. Onto Mins next.

Sve - I agree with everything Vigostar has said. I would suggest working on your anatomy some more but you seem to have done alot of that in your SB. I agree with vigostar that there seems to be a big difference in quality between your SB and what you have posted here. However you do have the right attitude and do seem to want to learn. And with that you have come to the right place.

Emooe - Thanks, I was pleased with how it came out.
    I like the idea for your character, and I think that the feeling of cold comes across well. My only crit would be that his pose could be more dynamic. I think it would look good if he was doing something to give context to the character. Apart from that nice work. I like it.

Have faith, these things should never be easy.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

New Artists Seeking Help Come Here - A mutual learning thread for learning the basics of drawing. Everyone's welcome.

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good work Emooe- I i like the clothing.. i would have given him a pose that would suggest his coldness... also, I would change the BG a bit to give the character more pop!!!! slight variations give a character, well character.. like if you had tilted the hat to the side more, brought up the scarf to cover a part of his face, or maybe wrapped the scarf around his face and over his shoulder, or down the side of his body.. good work though.. i hope im not discouraging you here but, when i started this thread with the orignal members we started to give eachother really specific crits.. after a while you just cant keep on saying the same crit becuz we hope that you'll work hard to correct the problem.... anwyays.. good run at your first colored post...

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks, guys, I sure appreciate it. I'll be thinking a lot. Although don't know where to start
    Sveta Dudetta

Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Loomer, hot pink.. love it. BTW, just checked the round2 result, I am so stumped you didn't make it through.. I so had my money on you! you still did us proud loomer!!

Ian!! wow, dude nice job, love the pose and the rendering on the pants. my only crit is the shadow and the lighting don't seem to translate very well, besides that you are improving fast dude! can't wait to see your next piece.

Sve, nice character, very funky.. heheh something comical about her. though I must admit it looks very rough and rushed. nice concept nonetheless and will be fun doing!! can I make her sexy? or would that make it lame as I have missed the point all together?

emooe, nice character, you can so tell you do 3d though.. the way you posed that figure.. sort of reminds me of those three character models his right hand definitely needs more work. look forward to working on your character.

I still haven't started because I am lazy!! I will have three done by this week, *promise to myself* look forward to seeing more!!

Britt still hasn't surfaced...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bumskee, You can draw her anyway you want, even as a boy
    Sveta Dudetta

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey everyone, this is very cool and well organized sketchgroup, i really like the assignments and everybody seem to be working their asses off.
    I really like the anatomy assignament, very cool.
    Cheers
    Could you tell me how do i join a sketchgroup?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Diego, you have to pay us O.N.E. billion dollars each!! !!

muwahahahahah just kidding, meh it's 3pm I get so hazy in the afternoon. Ask Vigo, he's the man!

Sve, so it's all upto me?? *evil grin* kewl

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ONE BILLON? hehe.
    Thanks for the info.
    Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks guys.

Vigo : That's perfect crit, I absolutely need it and respect what you said.
    Thanks. I agree with your comments on the character.. I kind of posed him like he were a concept to model from. ( projected 3/4 angle ), But dynamism should be in this concept. I may redo later, or leave it and move to one of your characters.. Again thanks for the crit vigo and infinitum.
    My first.. my beginnings.. i'm sure i'll improve. Keep on critting.

Hi diego

Look forward to more posts.. ,

Infinitum : I'd watch your hard black outlines, the take away from the flowy feel to the picture.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey guys.... well, in the somewhat absence of our fellow brit i guess it would be ok for one more chap to join our crew of misfits and one eyed bandits... No but, seriouslt Diego.. your more then welcomed in my book.... im not sure about the others... yu hav some good skills and would be a great addition to the group... i would whip up a haracte for this sketch trade.... and look at the other characters that were submitted....

Emoos- glad you like the crits... i kow your going to work hard to get things done and thats whats inportant... not like me beng a huge slacker!!!! I wouldnt redo the character right now though.. go onto the next one or better yet.. finish up this series of characters.... at the end if you like to take a stab at your first character... same character but, just enhanced by the crits we gave you I think that would be a great idea.. Seeing what you can come up with afterwards...

Loomer- I told you that you would get at least one vote!! which in my book against someone like Jason chan is a huge compliment.... You did a great job and made the "Skecthlings" proud!!!

BTW- once Diego submits his character does anyone want to volunteer to put all of our first character entries on one post???? Photoshop them nicely together??? i suck at PS so Im not volunteering!!!

One last thing.. If everyone agrees with diego coming on board... I think he should be the last one in unless someone falls off the planet. although its nice to have lots of people in a group I think it will get too crazy to try and wait for artwork from 20 different people when an assignment is given..

SVE and EMOOE- link our sketchbook and this thread on the bottom of your signatures... Its part of our UNITY!!!!

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ROb, you would make a great team leader. yeah I do somewhat agree about Diego being last unless someone falls off the planet.

I better add our new sketchlings to my signature. hohoho..

I will volunteer for the photochop work.. will put it up Diego does his character.

My msn is minyum@hotmail.com I have Infi(Ian) and emooe(Joe) on my list, feel free to add me to your list if you like chattin'

Yo guys,
    Looks like you've been busy with character designs. Some new people added to the group, as well. Very cool. Hope all is well. Don't think I will be able to participate in the fun for some time. Its true that Maya has taken away most my free time and all the other fun things in life. Anyway, Just stopping in to say keep up the good work. Until then.. Peace out

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Sketchlings, thanks for letting me in. Well if it's ok with every one...
    I really like the whole idea, but i see a lot of different characters so i don't know what i have to draw or what the rules are in order to post. From what i've read in the 3rd page, i think it was heavy object or something?? do i have to redesign some of your characters?
    If some of you could clarify this to me would be great...

EDIT: read the whole thread and get the idea, i'll post my character tomorrow so we can sketch trade. This is so exciting.

Cheers

Last edited by Diego; October 11th, 2005 at 10:18 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bumskee--- sounds good kiddo.. just do the do.. and thanks.. I end up being the team captain alot of the times.. i dunno why.. i think it should be someone more educated like Loomer.. That guy knows his shiznit!!!!

Britt- hey amigo.. glad to see that your stil kick'n... no worries.. go and handle your business.. good luck to you..

Diego... we all basically created characters... Just submit an original character of yours and then start working working on your renditions of our characters... once your done... then post it... when everyone is done submitting characters.. we're going to email them to bumskee so that he can put them all together o that everyone gets on nice view of everyones work...

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you are the leader because you brought it together dude. By the way does anyone else think I am a girl?? coz I am a boy.. people think I am chick.. woah..must be all the smileys I throw up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bumskee, no, I always knew you are not a girl. You are a great guy with a sunny personality. I'm very fond of you.
    Sveta Dudetta

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, I almost embarrased to show this but, this is my failed attempt at Bumskee's character.. I took sme advice and decided to give the old pencil a try.. i failed miserabley.. Im going to chip away at it still but, my first try was a disaster... Im going to give it anothet go once Im done with the others.... so, here it is.....

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ha.... bumskee your funny...

Sve- your a nice guy..!

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hello gentlemen

Quote Originally Posted by bumskee
    you are the leader because you brought it together dude. By the way does anyone else think I am a girl?? coz I am a boy.. people think I am chick.. woah..must be all the smileys I throw up.
    bumskee:ahh damn man, all this time i thought you were a fine chick.. haha just kidding mang

vigo-nice sketch of infinitums..keep pumpin'

loomer: nice vigo sketch! dig the color brights! daya,mm, i thought u were going to make it to round 3, u shouldve won, oh well, you still came up with a badass piece! and that, my friend, is something to be proud off!

sve-i dig your psychedelic chara...so humorous,. man that made me lol!

~~~anyhoots im quite busy with other things right now so the redesigns will have to wait a bit...that will be on the backburner for now..i seriously think my brain is about to explode..just in time for halloween muahahahah!!

also welcome new group members!! (and i think diego should be the last member to join, unless a foine chick wants to joine!! heheheheehheheeh)

cheers all!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mike- thanks man.. I appreciate that... I dont have a tablet yet so speedy sketches and color versions on PS will have to wait till then.... If I try to paint with a mouse after doing all that line work I think my hand will lock and never unlock!!! Am I going to start experimenting.. I have put the wheels in motion already.. Thanks for the crits and comments...

Clogik- no worries man... thats I figured it would be ok to bring a couple of others on board... good luck with everything...

SketchBook

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1