Sketchbook: !!!>>>>>looking For New Sketchlings<<<<<!!! - Page 5
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: !!!>>>>>looking For New Sketchlings<<<<<!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by vigostar
    maybe we can list all of our topics so that we have it in one page so we can cross them out as we go along!
    that's a good idea... I'll list mine soon

- If it's cool with the others I like the portrait idea of each other - just going off and doing what comes to mind. I know what Rob looks like, but the rest of you are a mystery! I'll even do one of what I think I would look like to others

I'm also into the "heavy object" idea...
    shall we narrow it down to those 2, and then decide?
    Actually, now that I think about it the list is a great idea, because we can knock it out now, designate someone to type it up and number it in order. This way there is no hesitation, and we know what's coming up next. and we don't have to suffer like this again. Of course, it's laid back, and bumskee can be like "Yo! Fuck the next sketch assignment...I got a better idea!" - and so on...
    I dunno....i'm just doooopid

*:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

vigostar is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah that sounds like the best idea... if everyone wants to email me their ideas I can put them on a list with their due dates as well... This way we just keep it going without stopping.... which means that we should be getting highly productive.... and maybe we should also set a side goal of having one portfolio worthy piece per month.. aside from our other crap... and other crap and other crap on top of that crap... i dunno... i think its the best way to be able to tackle multiple jobs at once... which of course i cant handle...! ahh.. whatever..

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

What's up guys,

Wow these ideas sound challenging. 500 gestures is something I've done before and find to be a bit troublesome when thinking of different poses. It would be a good exercise to loosen up, but my scribbles don't look too impressive. Storyboards sound cool as well, but I was thinking that maybe we should try doing the challenge Jason Manley was setting out for the Massive Black Scholarship. Creating the biggest baddest Mo'F!@#in' monster you could possibly conjure up. You can see the details in the Massive black scholarship part of the forums. One of the assignments is to create a couple pages of silhouettes to find interesting shapes. This would be the first weeks assignment. Then we can continue this challenge to the end. Check it out and let me know what you think. He says that it would look good in a portfolio and I really need to build mine up. Just an idea...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great work everyone. I can't wait to get back on here.

I havent been online for 3 weeks. I should have the net at home in about a week though.

Good luck everyone, I'll talk to you more in about a week.
    I cant wait to get back involved in all this.

See you soon.

Have faith, these things should never be easy.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

New Artists Seeking Help Come Here - A mutual learning thread for learning the basics of drawing. Everyone's welcome.

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, britt that sounds good... After doing so many badass characters it gets kinda hard to do more.. but, thats the business we're in right or wanna get in.. let me know what the final vote is..

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Ian!! good to see you are alive.. we all miss you!!

damn..now we have too many ideas..

hehe..
    how about we take turns at giving weekly assignments?
    Rob can start off and we'll just go take turns each week, no whinging and we just do it. and we can just email what we want to vigo and we can just start doing it. meh, just thought I mention it..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Welcome back Ian! How our hearts have longed for you...glad to hear you'll be connected to us shortly.

I love Britt's idea...are any of you applying for that scholarship?

I think Bumskee has the right idea..just rotate who decides what to do next. We're just so creative and smart we are flooded with ideas!
    so we'll start with Rob, right? OK - what's next homie?!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heya. im thinking of doing that scholarship thing as well. so maybe ill try my luck at that. crap too much shit to do!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    shit.. Always ME!!!! ummm... Loomer- I thought that scholarship was for only peeps in College.. I'll be able to apply in the fall of next year when Im gearing myself to go back and even then I wouldnt be able to cuz I'd be going part time... Its cool though... FIT is pretty cheap!!! We should however work on thos same assignments.... that would be cool.. also, rick Hersey has ongoing assignments he hands out and DSillo was leading the pack of students to the promise land.. I think they're still doing it... dunno though... anyways.. Ok. before I start... We should make a list as to the order... Im going first whos going next... Ummmm.. Ok... Fuck it... Min you go after me, then Britt, Loomer, Infini, and last but surely not least CLogik could achor us down.

Assignment number #1- It's Garbage Pail Kids time!
    Ive been wanting to do this for some time now... The idea is simple.. I think that most of us grew up with Garbage pail kid cards.. They were the coolest thing on the planet and they are still making some cool cards.. so, create a garbage pail kid character using you name, or your nickname. The key here is to see how creative we can get and how twisted as well... due date.. lets say the 16th. Its one week away.. I think that most of these projects should be a week long.. Unless its a really big project...

Ok, kiddies.. get to work!!! Scott the Bot, Min the pin, Ian be pee'n and i dont know the others names.. sorry!

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    kewl..

yeah we aren't going to decide on anything as loomer pointed out. so..let's roll with it.. hehe.. If you have a great idea, just pop in on the table when it's your turn, don't think anyone can complain with that. we should make it a week long any longer we are going to get restless.

Vigo, Of course you are first, hehe.. now.. unfortunately I have NO idea what these Garbage Pail Kids are.... hehe research time??

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well... going onanother topic... Being that some people on CA are donating artwork for the Katrina victims.. Maybe we can do a calabo for that... what do u guys think?

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have returned!

Hi everyone. I've got my new internet connection today so i'm online again. I'm glad to be able to get back involved with this. You've all come up with some great ideas while i've been gone.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

New Artists Seeking Help Come Here - A mutual learning thread for learning the basics of drawing. Everyone's welcome.

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Im glaf to see that we're working as a team here.. non of us turned in work for this weeks assignment.. im going to post what i have done... maybe some peeps can help me out with the photoshopping... anyways.. talk to you guys later

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    word ...
    I was sick as a sick ass dawg all week..still feeling a bit shitty.
    I'll be back in fightin' condition soon, but I just couldn't get the assignment done in time. I got all this other work piling up since I've been out of commission...it blows. I'm gonna bust my ass this weekend to catch up - I should be able to do next week's assignment without much trouble.

Infinitum...awesome to have you back man...it hasn't been the same without you

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Waddup scott- yeah, man. no worries on the assignment... glad to hear that your feeling better.. i hate when i get sick so i know it sucks... anyways... i think that the best thing we can do right now as a group assignment would be to do a sketch trade/ collab... its the easiet thing.. maybe it will get things rolling again...

To everyone else.. I hope everyone is ok.!

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Vigostar. I'm ok. Alive and Kicking and ready for the next assignment.
    I'm really glad to be back here.

Loomer - I'm sorry to here that you haven't been feeling so good. I'm glad your feeling better now though.

Bumskee - Thanks again for your advice on the computer. I've got it now and it runs like a dream.

I hope that everyone else is doing ok as well. I'm going to check out all of your sketch books when I get the chance. I've got a lot to catch up on.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ian!! u are back!! welcome back dude, we all missed you heaps. glad to hear your computer is running great, meh I gotta upgrade mine..heheh.. how u been dude??

Vigo, I am afraid I haven't been doing this weeks assignment because I am an ass, .. I am in a slump.. I can't think.. well not that I could before hehe..

Looooooomer, dude.. glad to hear you are getting better dude, love the avatar by the way. :>

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Bumskee,

It's great to be back. It's nice to be appreciated by you guys. I've been okay. I quit my job to set up as a full time freelance artist. Moneys tight but life's much better.

Join the revolution, quit your jobs, live the dream.

It's good to be back. I'll be updating my sketch book soon so check it out if you can.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, here is my sad try and doing a garbage pail kid... i tried coloring this sucker in as well.. it was tough doing it in photoshop... it took like 4 hours too.. and i wasnt even done... anyways.. im still planning on trying to find font to fit and create the whole garbage pail kid card look... let me know what you guys think..

INKSTAIN BOB

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like it. I think the person is the best area but the background needs work. However I have never heard of this garbage pail kid thing so it might be the style I don't know. The shirt is particuarily good.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    looking good man..you're pretty good at coloring with a mouse! I couldn't do shit without a tablet. I actualy think digital coloring might be the right course for you...especially with your linework. Definetley look into getting a tablet man...you work small, so you wouldn't need a big one, and that really keeps the price down.

Ya know my favorite part of this whole piece is the sketch pad! You should leave it un-colored..you are getting a real cool effect of the real paper texture in there.
    Watch the eyebrow on the guy...it looks like it is painted on. Because the human face is not flat, there are many variations of tone and value as the brow (and all features) wrap around the face. Looking good though
    sidenote: there's probably a 99% chance I won't be going this Sunday to central park. That's my day to watch Dylan, cause my lady is teaching. Unless I can get someone last minute I'm a no-show. You should definetly go...I think it will be quite awesome.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, man thanks for that input.. no worries on on coming through on sunday.. Im most likely going to go.. im going to ask my friend if he wants to come along as well... he plays the guitar... so maybe he can play some tunes for us as we draw..! it might be interesting!!.. thanks again dude..

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Vigo. good of you to post it, you are the face of our sketch group. I am with Looomer regarding the work, get urself a wacom dude!!~

damn looks like you guys are having fun over there.. wish I was over there too, where ever that is.

a collab? talk us through what you had in mind, it will be hard to get it organised I must admit.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi everyone, I've finally updated my sketchbook so check it out if youve got time. Also whats happening with the weekly assignments? are we going to do one this week?

www.ianjlee.co.uk

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i think this thread dies... I may just delete it and save manley some hardrive space... cuz we aint doin nuttin wit it..

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Don't let it die. What are you talking about? I'm away for a few weeks and it all stops.

Come on everyone lets keep this alive!!!!!

www.ianjlee.co.uk

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We'll get it going again...it's always gonna go through dry spells ...shit...just wait till the holidays - it'll be tumbleweeds as everyone does their own thing thing ..ya know. You just gotta think long-term

clogik mentioned something about a sketch trade after round 2 of Tdome..i think that's a great fuckn' idea and I don't care if it's just 2 or 3 or 19 of us. Let's do it. I need a fun assignment..just goin crazy and drawing crazy shit. that's what it's all about anyway. Whatdya' say..perhaps we could all have a character done by Monday, and then we can start doing our remixes of em Sketch Trade style? c'mon...ya know ya wanna

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    waaaa, Loomer, Loved your entry by the way, that was fully fully sick. I absolutely loved it, then I looked at jason chan's and went..ooo that's nice too, this is going to be sooo close. well done, we are all proud of you!!

Last assignment didn't go down too well, but let's try and get it going again.

I will go with loomer's idea, let's do a character by monday!!!!!!!!! not sure about trade though coz I wouldn't know what to do..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks so much bumskee...I worked pretty long and hard on that piece, but I think Jason Chan's composition is just so strong. I'm pretty positive he's taking that round, but I learned a lot. I see things I really need to improve on...gotta keep on keeping on.

- sketch trade is pretty simple .. there' s thread in the Sketches and WIP thread I believe. Everyone does a character/creature - than you do your own version of everyone's character. It barely has to resemble the character...just keep the spirit of it ya know? It's really fun...and keeps your brain working fast, because you only need to think of one original idea, and then you just feed off everyone else's ideas. FEED!

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1