Sketchbook: !!!>>>>>looking For New Sketchlings<<<<<!!! - Page 3
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    vigostar is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, those larger ones are really nice... good going dude... I saw that UFC shit too.. those guys were pussies...! Luke is going to be this years break out performer!!

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey loomer looking good with the studies... congrats on the win. i knew you had the upper hand... your piece was just way to sweet. actually both were sweet.that really was a tough match up.. im still going to try to finish a piece anyways for round 2.. got to get some good pieces in my folio. cheers!!

bumskee I see what you mean about the fingers..good call. I'll beware of that next time I do studies from Bridgeman.

clogic Very cool studies man..I like the playful attitude you incoorporated into these sketches..looks like you had a lot fun.
    By the by, I thought you should have won that TD...Vigostar, too.. Dun'no why you guys didn't... Not to put down your competitors, but I thought your pieces were much stronger in both cases.

Vigostar Ya man...I totally feel ya on the smurf look.:hehe. That sketch is kinda' embarrassing..Don't know why I posted it. But anyway, Lem'me tell you, these studies are helping me so much. Understanding the bonestructure is a huge plus for drawing from imagination. I think knowing bone structure is actually slightly more important than knowing your muscles.
    I don't see your stuff vigostar. Get out of the slump and get to work man...we must see your studies

Loomer Those studies looks, oh so familiar... JK Awsome stuff man...I like the idea of using different colorpencils for the bone and muscles. Helps to keep things more organized...I saw the UFC as well...I'm so happy it isn't exclusively PPV anymore...thanks to Spike TV.
    Congrats on the TD win... Give it your all in the 2nd round man. The
    ????? team is rooting for you. You got to represtent.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    im slowly getting out of my slump!!! I have done some drawings but, not fit for this thread.. My sketchbook stuff... life drawings but, not anatomy stuff... I promise I will do more... I want to do some loomis studies... but, i have to work off my computer... anyways.. enough excuses.. heres the little bit that I did do.. i tried to tackle the foot.. And Im going totry and tackle the parts of the body that bother me the most.. 1#-hands, 2- legs, 3- feet!!! well, here it is.. from the slacker of the crew!

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool study vigo- good to see a an arm study, foot study and hand gesture on the page all at once. for the arm study it seems to be slightly out of proportion-particularly where the forearm meets the bicep -i think if you were to draw the bonestructure underneath the muscle it would help a bit its good to understand how the muscles are integrated with the bone system. just a thought. good stuff nontheless.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, clogik thanks for the crits.. Yeah the bone structurr studies would help immensely.. theres so much i need to leanr and get better at... also, for me to do cranial structure as well.... i needs books!!!! i gotta find a way to print out those loomis books...! anyways... UFC rocks.. well not as much as it used to... im still a BIG fan of UFC #3!!! yes, number three!! my favorite fighter of all time was a dude named keith Hacknee.. those dude was one of the few fighters to ever get a dope clean shot off a Gracie... too bad he had to drop out in ufc 3 though... he broke his hand over Emanual Yarboros face!!! well... enough story telling bullshit.. Hey dude you going to enter the "out for blood" TD?

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone alse would be intersted in joining the tgfx crew? vigostar is onboard...Let me know.
    thanx

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    whats going on guys??? sorry about not being around the last couple of days but, da divinci code had me wrapped up in all its glory!! anyways.. im gonna do some serious work next week.. im challenging myself to have 20 pages by next sunday!

SketchBook

Don't burn yourself out Vigostar. It sounds like you have quite a challenging few days ahead of you. Guess you gotta get that mileage in. Good luck

Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Vigo, hehe I agree with clogik. good going dude.. What's the next weekly assignment?? more anatomy stuff???

tgfx, I am afraid I am going to have to bail on this one.. already have bitten more than I chew I think. cheers dude

So more anatomy for this week??

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    TGFX - yeah...I also have to bow out. I just got a small commission for a local restaurant, and I had totally not anticiapted to get to Round2 of the LSM T-dome. I'm pumped, but now I gots more work! But thanks for the heads up man.

Vigostar -20 pages!? are you nuckn' futs? you are gonna blow out your wrist!Then how are you gonna compete in the UFC? Which by the way, I better see some face smashing soon!

So i dunno...If you were to ask me what i would like to work on next...I definetly need to refine my perspective skills. I would do some small thumbnails...1 point perspective, 2 point perspective, and 3 point perspective
    It's really leaning towards the technical..I realize that...but I thought I should drag you all down with me!

Or since we've been doing technical studies lately, maybe we could mix the next assignment with a more creative one...and just kind of bounce back and forth between assignments that are either technical (anatomy, perspective, color, composition, all that stuff) and then just whacky creative shit. Although, I guess alot of assignments will crossover into each other...just a thought.

- I did have an idea sparked a bit by bumskee and my sketchbook studies of heads... It would be cool if we did 3 self-portraits with 3 different light sources on each. but I'm down for everything...cool?

*:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ahh, the three portrait ideas sound like fun.. im down for that... Im going to really gun for my own assignment.... im not sure if im going to ge there but, i feel like i have been slacking some and need to get back on the ball... i would first need to get a new sketchbook though.. i dont think the one im using has enough pages.. anyways,,, let me know...

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    perspective is something I really need to do... It's technical alright but it's something we can all benefit from, we should do it!..yay~

but let's do the three face first.. We should get loomer to post weekly assignments every week, he's coming up with awsome ideas..

Cool ideas guys. I like the faces thing, too, so lets do it. Build them artisic muscles.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Shall we try and set a date?
    Fri. night - Sept. 2nd
    3 portraits (or self-portraits?) each having a different light source (overhead, rim lighting, form lighting, backlighting, under lighting - however you wanna mix it up)

Sound cool to everyone? I think that's a goodie....can't ever get too much practice with the structure and planes of the head

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awesome... portraits they is!!!!

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    time to pump it up. ill try to post it on the deadline.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Perhaps? eh? idea?

Just a thought to see if you guys would be interested....
    Just browing through the sketchbooks, and saw nicolas' post about their traveling sketchbook. I think they are sending it between 4 people - and anyone else who is around can also dive in. Kind of a cool idea...and we could also have pages started by someone, and everyone could add a few lines, colors..whatever. Who knows...if nobody is down for this screw it.

I also had the idea that we could mail some additional stuff to the receiving person.So instead of just getting the sketchbook, maybe someone would send some good ref for the person to work from, or even a small item to draw. I dunno....it's late, and I could be talking out of my ass.

later my sketchlings... *this is where we stand in a circle and all put our hands together and yell "GO SKETCHGROUP!"*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    we could call our group "sketchlings" I like that word, not too hard. ALso loomer, I read in a post somewhere lost it now.. you mentioned something about this book with 1000 pages.. if you remember what the hell I am referring to. It was a book you recommended and said you are going to get one yourself too.. just wondering if you've gotten this book, how is it? I am looking to start my collection of art books and stuff.. just to show off hehe.. putting aside some small cash each month to build my library. So if u know what I am referring to.. hehe..

I think travelling sketchbook work IF you live close by.. I mean I live in Sydney and Ian's in UK... the postage will probably double the sketchbook.. hehe.. maybe for you guys in the states.. Photoshop stuff would be a different story though..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good point indeed...shit..hadn't thought of that too much.
    Sending a relatively light sketchbook anywhere in the States book rate is fairly cheap...Overseas might be a bit much though. Ehh...we'll sit on it for now.

The 1000 pg. book was Terada Katsuya's RAKUGAKING. I did get a copy and I love it. I still haven't seen everything in it. It's just a ton of sketches he's done...some are super rough, and even bad...but then some (most) are just so dope. I would definetly check out his work before you buy the book...it is $50 plus shipping. I got it from animebooks.com

If you are interested in starting a good art book collection you gotta check this place out...i buy about 75% of my books from them . They carry shit you can't get anywhere else : BudPlant
    check it out!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like this thread, this is what I love to see, guys pushing each other to study hard, I really like that, and there are some great improvements here.

Keep it up fellas!

m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yo thanks loomer, I am going to this massive book store in the city tomorrow.. so probably have a look there too.. but wanted to check out the book you recommended, I am not too into "western" art as far as concept goes so some "not too animeish" japanese artist is right on the money for me. Thanks for the link, now that I remember, I think it was Magic man's thread about books wasn't it? I was flicking through that looking for good titles..

yeah I don't buy books from amazon.com because the shipping doubles the cost and by the time it gets here it's like buying it from the local store.. shipping just kills it.. better get cracking with this weeks assignment..

Magic man, didn't know u were a fellow aussie..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by bumskee
    Yo thanks loomer, I am going to this massive book store in the city tomorrow.. so probably have a look there too.. but wanted to check out the book you recommended, I am not too into "western" art as far as concept goes so some "not too animeish" japanese artist is right on the money for me. Thanks for the link, now that I remember, I think it was Magic man's thread about books wasn't it? I was flicking through that looking for good titles..

yeah I don't buy books from amazon.com because the shipping doubles the cost and by the time it gets here it's like buying it from the local store.. shipping just kills it.. better get cracking with this weeks assignment..

Magic man, didn't know u were a fellow aussie..
    Yes, I am, Aussie invasion fo sho.

I shop at Amazon because I often can find stuff I want from local book stores - all the have in their art section is "How to draw manga" - seriously, I'd love to just pile them all on the front counter and torch them.

Shipping costs are a pain, but hey I'm not really too fussed, a whole batch of books just came out that I want, my shelf is having trouble coping. The only real way to beat the shipping is by ordering in bulk, then when you split the shipping the per unit cost is lower, I typically only spend above $400 on books a shot so the shipping per unit lowers to a decent amount - but if you're ordering 1 at a time, it would be too crap.

One book I'm getting from Barnes and Noble is Visionary Architecture: Unbuilt Works of the Imagination and the book is typically US$50, but shipping works it out to be around AU$80, still I have some respite knowing few people have it in this state =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    how's adelaide by the way? I haven't been there since I was humm.. 14 I think...geeze.. been a while. It was a very quiet place as I recall. I tried shopping at amazon.com and when i did the final checkout thing the price was ridiculous even with ship in one shipment or whatever it is. Not sure if it's calculated afterwards but wasn't quite worth the money, plus the long wait arghhh. I recently went to shop at less10.com, it's a NZ based book store but it's significantly cheaper than other aussie book online stores.. well, maybe I will give amazon.com another try. might check out that book too, better write it down.. thanks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by bumskee
    how's adelaide by the way? I haven't been there since I was humm.. 14 I think...geeze.. been a while. It was a very quiet place as I recall. I tried shopping at amazon.com and when i did the final checkout thing the price was ridiculous even with ship in one shipment or whatever it is. Not sure if it's calculated afterwards but wasn't quite worth the money, plus the long wait arghhh. I recently went to shop at less10.com, it's a NZ based book store but it's significantly cheaper than other aussie book online stores.. well, maybe I will give amazon.com another try. might check out that book too, better write it down.. thanks.
    Compared to Sydney, Adelaide is a shitload quieter, like a big country town. I love it here.

Here's a few good links for art books:

http://www.designstudiopress.com/
    http://budplant.com/default.asp
    http://www.justbedesign.com/JBD03/main.html

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool ideas going around here.. I actually posted a comment in Nicholas's thread about starting another book... I think it can happen.. i mean even if the person who is sending the book has to send a couple of bucks to the receiver of the book.. i mean i wouldnt mind sending you a few bucks to help with the shipping cost Min.. Just let us know.... I would like to see how uch circulation this book would get... I think it would get costly if you start send ref. materials as well... in any event.. you guys are down... I could get a book throw something in there and send it out... I'll get a book that your able to draw on the cover as well so that everyone who gets it could doodle on the cover... let me know guys...

thanks for stopping by Magic Man..

SketchBook

I just bought The Skillful Huntsman from budplant. A super inspirational book full of crazy concepts and process. Just thought I would mention it for those who never heard of it.

Hey Loomer. I really like the idea of doing the traveling sketchbook thing...but I am thinking of it as a colab done in digital medium. One person starts a sketch and we continue to pass it around until we feel it is finished. Could be fun

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah that would be fun Brit but, i dont work in digital.. well, i guess your talking in a general sense and thats why you mentioned loomer and not the team... ooops sorry.. ciao!

SketchBook

It was Loomers idea, so I thought I would present the modified idea to him, but it, of course, is directed to the entire sketchgroup. We can still work traditional with digital, too. Print the image, work on top of it, then scan it in. That way we don't have to worry about shipping and handeling.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah - we can work with the digital idea. We can PM each other files and such. Example: Vigo..you can email me a sketch, I can play with it, email it to britt - he can add some stuff..color if he likes..and just pass it around. It could work ..I just know it!

- or we can just say screw it- but I think it might be a fun thing to play aroun with every now and then

Oh Britt - what's the Skillful Huntsman? sounds cool...

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1