Sketchbook: !!!>>>>>looking For New Sketchlings<<<<<!!! - Page 2
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: !!!>>>>>looking For New Sketchlings<<<<<!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heres a quickie i did this morning...

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

vigostar is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good works CL0gik- did u use a sepia pen for that??? the part that bothers me a bit is the center of teh back... seems like the outermost muscle is a bit wonky.. cant really put a finger on it... im no anatomy pro so its hard for me to give a good crit here... proportions seem to be good as well... well, you owe us four more buddy... get cracking! look foward to seeing more..

Britt-- I def. understand what your saying... to be honest i really didnt look in depth at his site and what the contents were.. i just peaked at the most... I clearly understand what your saying about man power.. it would be more of a mock or a scaled down version of a real game... we would come up with lets say 20 total characters and creatures and lets say 10 enviros, loads of weapons and props... lets say 30 (cuz weapons are cool IMO ) Trying to keep things simple yet effective.. the goal would be to effectively communicate our ideas... Make someone eager to look for the development of... anyways.. I just thought it would be a good way to start developing a more professional outlook towards our artwork in general... I speak for myself when i say that I could use a bit of realism in my artwork enviroment... Being able to get work out on time for starters, getting proper comps, roughs, thumbnails.. being able to relay ideas properly and things of that nature... for people that went to college and studied art this will probably be boring and redundant but, for others it would be knowledge held very sacred... And REMEMBER these are just ideas put on the table... We can also recruit a couple of other artists into the group who are serious about their artwork and are team players... thats just another option... Like I said.. i just want to hear ideas from everyone... I think that everyone should contribute one team project that we should complete and for that project they will be the team leader... like a fucking reality show!!!

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Loomer- you need to clean out your inbox.. I just tried to PM you!!

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heres my crap for the day,, I couldnt draw for shit today.. sorry about that guys.. tomorrow will be a better day.... so, whats next on the assignments guys??? wanna take a crack at doing doing the wizard drawings??? and maybe 5 enviro or free air drawings????

SketchBook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    britt, good stuff dude. skating naked? the arms is looking great, nice volume.

Infi, keep going dude, the lines are a bit messy though. Try to keep it simple and shading to minimum for now, would be good for you to look into proportion and general feel of a figure.. you know what I mean?? anatomy and details all good but if the overall feels off it's never going to be the perfect drawing you want. Like the dude you did in colour, he's more flowing than other drawings.

clogik, nice back dude.. doing muscles and making that work in a form is shit hard.. awsome study man..

Vigo, nice muscle studies.. I need to do more of them I guess. good going man.. where did you ref those? if they are refed..

I thought I chuck my life drawings here.. I went with Rodrigo and Form from CA here, yesterday.. it was really cool. Intersting blokes those two. hehe Rodrigo just turned 18 by the way.. anyways, tried some pen drawings, was rather fun and the poses were 1~3mins so.. few of the ones I like, female body is a wonder...

really like this one, except for her right leg..kinda lost the form... :< maybe next time..

Vigo, I think we should push more anatomy and figure stuff, but the ideas are very interesting.. especially the reality show kinda idea.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool clogik! That's a tough pose/angle to do anatomy study from...good for you

Lovely drawings bumskee..
    my favorite is the second one in from the left on top (with the black hair)

Lots of interesting ideas being thrown around...but I could go for another batch of anatomy as well. My head's kind of in that space right now, so might as well utilize it. But you know...I'm down for anything
    cheers me lil' sketchlings

*:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Min you crazy artist you... awesome girlies.. I really like the last one as well.. I love teh squiggly lines... great shape and flow... your are going to be a superstar I tell you...

Lets do more studies guys... more anatomy.. lets take it up a notch.... lets say 10 anatomy studies....

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sure. How about by next monday?

Have faith, these things should never be easy.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

New Artists Seeking Help Come Here - A mutual learning thread for learning the basics of drawing. Everyone's welcome.

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

I will be out of town from the 18th --21st visiting family.. So I won't be able to reply much to the posts and I will try my best to get the anatomy studies done.

crits

clogic Cool stuff man...but I thought we were suppose to do 4 studies...no worries though... Your guy looks like he has pretty accurate anatomy of the back, but when it gets to the elbows forearms and wrists something seems off. It looks like the wrists are way to thick...but then again they aren't finished so I was just going by the gesture. I suggest doing some arm hand studies on the next round. Good work, man

vigostar Yes..very bubbly. These are some good studies. I like the leg studies the most because they have a good rythm, but the back runs into some problems with intersecting rythms and lines that need to be opened up. Buy that I mean that the lines make full circles and need to be opened up in some areas. A good way of picturing what I mean is buy imagining water working its way down your figures back...it needs to flow through those lines, but right now it is getting damned up. Hope this helps.

bumskee Good stuff...we can never do too much figure drawing...can we? Nice studies...I gave you a crit already, but I see some of the same mistakes I mentioned before...which is the outline. Try to feel the form more as you did in the lower figure. By feeling the form...I also mean showing volume. This is one of the most challenging obsticles that we face as 2D artists, so make the figure pop out as much as possible. There are a number of ways to do this. One way is hatching...another is drawing lines over the form. If there are others...I can't think of them right now, but I hope this helps.

good job guys...looking foward to your studies for Monday

Last edited by britt; August 17th, 2005 at 03:01 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    britt that was awesome critt man.. thanks... I like your way of thinking.. i really hate dams....

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well, I guess the life drawing were like quick gesture kinda studies, so didn't bother with hatching or rendering..but yes, it's all about the form and the flowy lines. thanks britt for the crits dude! yeah showing volume with few lines.. that's challenging.. hehe.. bah.. I think I am going more more into abstract! it's an excuse I guess.

yeah, we should push anatomy and figures for a bit I think. There are shit load of stuff to study but we can never do enough figures as britt already said.. I think we can also look into hands/feet and faces.. faces at different angles, lighting and so on.. draw with your other hand? fully rendered face? self portraits? drawing yourself as if you were 10 yrs old or 60 yr old man? figure in motion? "off balance"? and so on.. most of the things I am afraid to draw.

10 figures by monday sounds good!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, nice stuff, i especially like bumskees, I've done my own anatomy study, but i can't post on my sketchbook until i get to a scanner.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah, adrian... bumskee has some really work.. he's a rising star....

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi everyone, I'm resigning from my job today so I will be offline for a few weeks. When I get the internet at home I will be back. See you in a few weeks, and keep up the good work while i'm gone.

Have faith, these things should never be easy.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

New Artists Seeking Help Come Here - A mutual learning thread for learning the basics of drawing. Everyone's welcome.

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good luck infini!!!! see u soon!

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi vigostar and the rest of the team. Props to you all as I see a lot of great talent here. As vigostar mentioned before I did approach him with a proposal of teaming up with you guys for the purpose of developing a game by the name Dustworld. I won’t go into detail at this point. The link that vigostar provided http://www.freewebs.com/tgfx/ with the project called Darksoul Chronicles project is now put on hold and out of my hands. Neuroblast Software inc. now has the rights to that project and basically we’ve been screwed over. You see its not just artists that are screwed over…lolA lesson learned. But I brought the team to that level and that is important. We were at about 75% done but we all know how the game industry works…lol…

The new project is called Dustworld and it incorporates 3rd person action adventure with city building. Something like this has not been done before so I think it has a lot of potential and I have the mind and the experience to see this through.

At this point I am still working out the final details of the game, website and the tgfx crew. So far I have a super good Environment Artist EVA, 3 super nice character artists and an admin. What we need is more EVA concept artists, Character Artist, and Weapons/item Artist.

So I’ll let you guys think it over…Many thanx for mentioning the tgfx crew vigostar and props to you all…

I’m out…
    p.s. if you need more info let me know…

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, i had another suggestion for infinitum. Its best to start anatomy at the skeletal level, and then actually lear where the muscles attach to the bone, it will help you imagine how the muscle moves when posing people.

also i got my anatomy study up online, its in my sketch book waiting for critiques .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    tgfx- hey man thanks for posting that... I for one would be interesting in seeing what you have going and hopefully the rest of the team can help you out as well... the very vague discription you gave us wont entice us enough to see what your vision is although I feel we're hungry enough to want the oppertunity to work on a game project that being said, I would count myself in... Im not really sure how the gaming industry work but, I know about how other buisness's work and I know how easy it can be to have something stolen.. I would suggest that you draft confidentiality agreement letter. email it to the parties involved before even starting the project have them sign it and then have them mail you the copied signatures... and of course they can keep a copy for themselves...

adrianhaynes- thank you for that.. Im sure that infini will take your advice.. I saw your sketchbook.. your artwork and studies are looking good... your very determined and that will help you ride out anyobstacles..!

The rest of the team..... what do u guys think of TGFX idea?

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I did have confidentiality agreements and all the legal stuff but when it came down to it there were things i was not aware of and so decided that it no longer is worth the fight...

Here is a little something that will win you guys over...i hope

Dustworld is a 3rd person, city building, action adventure, story driven video game for the console entertainment systems. Dustworld combines 3rd person action adventure characteristics with power of city building schematics. Step into the role of a dammed god as you build and protect your own town. Build your town according to your will as you have access of more the 30 building types. Rule as you see fit. Be a good god and provide everything your inhabitants require or be an evil god and work your inhabitants into the ground. The choice is your, but be careful. One road is shorter then the other.

Go on quests to improve your town and expand your territory. Meet new and interesting characters as you journey through a heavy story driven plot. Fight unique evils, discover new technologies and explore many unique environments. Go to war for the freedom of your people as you lead your army into the heart of battle. The world of dust is yours to do with as you see fit. The world of dust awaits. Are you ready to be a god?

Features:
    • Uniquely designed devastator weapons
    • Customize your hand held weapon with more then 13 different types of energies
    • Smooth controls for city building and 3rd person action
    • Deep story driven plot
    • God like superpowers
    • Able to recharge using living conscious matter such as live stock and mortals
    • Massive environments
    • Many secret areas
    • Spectacularly designed and heavily designed characters
    • More then 30 building types
    • 15 or more weapons systems
    • Upgradeable character
    • Living and fully interactive town’s people each with their own purpose
    • Lift moral by doing good deeds and building fun structures

These are just a few things of what is planned for the game.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here's my 10.. just working roughly with torso and trying for the legs.. referenced.. I think I spent more time looking for the reference images if you know what I mean.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Boot!

Just some super quick studies to understand anatomy of the hands and arms

Don't mind the surfer guy....he was originally just an arm study, but turned into a weird doodle :p

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tiger Palm ATTACK!!! nice studies Britt. I think the finger tips a bit too sharp maybe? are they bridgman studies? Got one of my books I ordered arrive today, dynamic wrinkles and drapery by hogarth.. thinking maybe I should have got bridgman stuff instead...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey lo folksters

i have some two cents for you guys

bumskee: female torso looks nice, proportions and anatomy looks spot on. the girl torso on top looks like she has camel toe action going on and the girl with the boots looks like she has small feet...but who likes girls with big stinky feet anyway? huh? no one right? goo job

britt: lookin good man. these are from the bridgmen books correct? i need to grab me one of those, they seem to be handy...i like the mono baby blue paint job on weirdo surfy doodle..
    some crittys- that one with the broad fingers has some feminine type finger ends..or maybe it was intentional..u going for the androgynous look? just kidding. good work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    these are all looking real swell...smart studies fellas.
    In Britt's defense, Bridgman does kinda have that tapered look to his fingers...but his hand structure is awesome. I've drawn about 50 of the 100 hands he has created for his 'hand section'. Definetly pickup the Bridgman...his book is so cheap!

- I'll probably post mine super-late tonight..cool?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heres mine. just scanned them fresh out the sketchbook. ahhh

----older one i did last week

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    clogik....... brilliant dude.. your pencil stuff is just awsome.... that's one fine ass, love the twist in her back..nicely rendered..beautiful...

GOd damn.. how do you do the chest and torso like that... six pack looks so damn goood... really hitting the anatomy hard, love the stuff man.. I think I am going to save these in my anatomy ref folder.. nothing to crit looks brilliant to me..

BTW your avatar is giving me headaches dude..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damb guys.. you guys have def. been doing work.. unlike myself.. i have so unproductive lately.. and i dont know why.. im trying to get off this hump.. hopefully i'll get some work done today..

CLogik- you rocked it dude... i cant say anything but, give you praise on these.. i really enjoy the way to do backs... very nice..

Britt- that surfer dude is funny... reminds me of a smurf!!! i like the bones studies.. its interesting to see how certain bones crisscross at times... very cool... i think thats one of the hardest things to do or learn is how and where to add the bone structure... usually when you look at artowrk its all about the muscles...

bumskee- good studies.... you have the looseness down rather well... i would suggest trying to add more structure now... give a more defined look at anatomy.. i know your going to be doing tons of bridgeman!!!

I will hopefully post tonight... sorry for being a slacker..

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, congrats to Loomer for being the last man standing from our group... Go kick some serious arse!!!!

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks vigo - I really did not think I was making it past round 1, but it's nice to know - Gloklund had a really tight piece...I'm very surprised by the decision.

I was gonna post last night after the life-drawing class, but I watched the UFC show last night.

more bridgman:

shitty digital pic of an 18"x24" sheet..graphite, and highlights done with white gouache.

2 10minute poses and 3 20minute poses

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1