Sketchbook: !!!>>>>>looking For New Sketchlings<<<<<!!! - Page 10
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: !!!>>>>>looking For New Sketchlings<<<<<!!!

sve is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, sketchers . I think I better make my analyses of your work or soon enough I'll be kicked out . Keep in mind, please, that I'm really enjoying every and each new version from all of you, because it's so-o-o-o informative and touching, exciting. I'm learning a lot.

If the style or pose is different from the image in my mind, well, it's even better, more excitement . I'm getting to be like Energizer Bunny here.

Vigostar: That's so funny how this image of Sara took some of your own features and lost some from original one. She is not so reserved anymore, not feminine, pretty open and very rough. Only the small breasts remind me that it's a fine built girl under that straightforward shell. Rendering is great, pose is very believable and suits to your interpretation. I just kind of miss her pretty legs and shoes . They were her very important attraction and she knew that .

Loomer: a version of fashion girl. You hid her body , that was a clever trick. I'm gonna use it a lot after you. Makes life so much easier .
    She looks more fragile and feminine than the original.
    Vigo's girl was looking straight in viewer eyes, yours is avoiding it, she's more reserved and doesn't look like a diva, more like a fresh girl, who put this not her style outfit on the first time and a little uncomfortable in it. Or I can read her a little different.
    Maybe she knows, she is very attractive. Colors are striking and beautiful. I was very surprised when I saw this image, but I'm always surprised with your work.

Infinitum: in my opinion your version is the closest so far to vigo's. (well, I skipped mine ) Yes, I see her as a showgirl, a performer, an actress, who is very aware of who she is and what she's got. She' dressed snappy, she is not afraid to show her body, she can handle any situation. Colors suggest a reserved and strong character.

vigostar: Bumskee's character, no name (bad bumskee ):
    I think you caught her spirit very precisely . It's a mature woman with very voluptuous body and very determinate dangerous face. She is very confident and smart.
    In both images the character is moving. Original much more dynamic, because of the pose and this slippery, hard to grab, smooth texture of her suit.
    Rendering is very nice, the face has similar features and the same expression, IMHO.

bumskee: very interesting, not what I expected at all.That's an intellectual, rational, a little bit cold ( because you hid her eyes) character. She lives her life led by her mind, not by her heart. You saved her distancing from others and the strong character, (that was in original, I think, or at least she acted like one).
    Very nice fur textures, hair, hands, pose. The outfit is very elaborated, but it looks like she doesn't give a damn how she looks in eyes of other people.

Diego: Loomer character. That's a very close interpretation, IMHO, although style is the opposite to original. They both have the same expressions on their faces. They are rough and not friendly.
    But loomer's is more lyrical. He doesn't know what to do next moment, he is a little upset or longing for something or somebody. Diego's is a funny dude who can make a contact with any person very easily, if he wants to . Although his constantly drunk state doesn't give him many opportunaties to express himself.
    Figure is drawn very clearly and confident. Very interesting to look.

Vigostar: Clogik's character. Totally different from what I expected which makes it even better. All robot's attributes are gone except the sensors. Back to four feet again, I guess it just a vehicle now, not a death machine. The expression of the face suggests the same. It's pretty contented with it's life now. Clogik's was more messed up, I think.
    Pose could've been chosen more interesting, though . Hair texture is very nice.

Bumskee: vigo's character: very different interpretation, in my opinion. The manner to dress, figure, relaxed pose. The whole character is very relaxed and careless about other people opinion. (bumskee, that's strange, all your characters have that quality, very interesting ).

Oh, guys. one moment , look, look, it's a Clogik--> ;;]].

Back to bumskee: Face has very similar features though and even similar expression, that's strange.

Infinitum : Bumskee character, a very different body and and an expression of the face which makes better for me . She looks undecided and not offensive, better say defensive. She looks younger and more fragile. She needs somebody else as a partner. The original didn't need anybody. Figure looks a little stiff because of iron texture, in my opinion.

Loomer Very interesting interpretation of Infinitum's girl. Sincerely, I doubt Sara ever will be like that .
    This person is nymphomaniac, if she could make herself more naked she would. I don't know why she is holding a weapon, not a a lover in her hands . But I would be afraid of her with this weapon more than Sara herself. (Although I'm afraid of Sara too, but I could deal with Sara, I can't with this wild woman).
    Face, posture, clothing, expression, background, jewelry details are awesome. I was surprised again.

Diego : Infinitum character, well she sure looks different. I wouldn't recognize her. She is not spooky at all, pretty friendly actually. She looks like a feminine and modern girl. Weapon is probably not hers, maybe her boyfriend asked her to carry it around and she did because she is so soft.
    ...............: Vigo's character: a different interpretation once again . I don't think she buys stuff the best quality, she shops in old boutiques and second hand stores (Diego, are you Okay )?
    She loved and was loved a lot . I like the posture, body language, face, details.
    Nice character anyway, I like her a lot, I saw people like her

Well, I'm at the end. U-ffff, I'm tired, could somebody put a sandwich on my hanging tongue?
    Sveta Dudetta

Last edited by sve; October 19th, 2005 at 08:47 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

vigostar is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    SVE- your awesome dude.... it was very intertaining, loved the comments.. thanks..

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you all very much for your time and thoughts generously giving me. I'm sure very grateful for every word from you, is it an approval or not . And, please, don't be restricted in what you think is wrong.

Okay, diving with closed eyes again. My version of Bumskee's girl.

Sveta Dudetta

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey sve, it was very nice and refreshing to read what you had to say.. pretty funny and informative, you saw a lot in my drawings, who you think they are. What really likes me the most was your narrative. You're a very nice and intense guy
    Thanks for letting me see what you see, and what should i see in my character, a background history or something like that, hope it makes sense to you. I'm not really good expressing myself in English, it hard to find the words.
    Anyways, thanks for the insightful crit/overview of my work.

About your bumskee's, i think its good as for design and stuff, but it doesn't have the power and dynamic of bumskee's, So much stuff going on in the upper body, too much details, try to simplify, an economic design, follow the forms, especially with tattoos.

Cheers dude.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by vigostar
    SVE- your awesome dude.... it was very intertaining, loved the comments.. thanks..
    Exactly my feelings...you ARE awesome!

- I like your take on Bums character...She seems like a tribal member in some warrior clan. Diego has a valid point - Bumskee created a very dynamic pose, and would have been interesing to try and echo that. But I think it's cool you tried to depict her in a more 'reflective' state of mind

and as for you Diego - your character development is getting so strong. I'm really impressed dude.
    Infin's character is really interesting...I'm not sure what's going - is that some giant mech-backpack? It is cool though
    Vigo's character is good, but her face is a bit manly...especially around the mouth. Take a look at some hot fashion models - use them as ref...there's no penalty for that!

Everyone's doing really great..I could hug you all

*:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you, guys, you are awesome.Okay, lets be all awesome!
    Sveta Dudetta

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I refused to go to sleep until I got some serious sketching time in. I can't stand it when stuff cuts into my drawing & painting time. I will stay up to 4am every day and die of sleep deprivation...I don't care anymore.

worked on bumskee's character...which made me nervous, cause the character is so badass. I tried. I must say - I didn't realize min's awesome use of darks until i started working on this. I apologize for looking over it the first time...but that's part of your magic bums...it's all in there, just waiting to be found.
    obviously I should be sleeping and not writing..I make no sense...!?

**EDIT - Thanks for all the crits...As long as they are somewhat intelligent, crits can be really helpful to my development. Thank you all for pulling no punches and for the record "I agree with every single crit!" - I worked a bit more on Min's character

also - sve...I apologize for not sending the image...but I forgot which one!!!!
    My mind is all over the place lately ...forgive me!

Last edited by loomer; October 21st, 2005 at 03:34 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Loomer - Thanks for the advice on my version Of Bumskee's character. I'm going to work on it some more and try to improve it.
    Nice take on my character. I like the pose and your use of colours. Reminds me of some of the older games workshop art, don't know if you've ever seen any. My only crit would be the face. The left side of the jaw seems to be abit out. But drawing a face at that angle is really hard. I always get the nostrels wrong and make them look ugly. Good work, keep it up.

Diego -She's female, good. Thats what I thought. Didn't want to draw her wrong thats all.
    You've taken quite a different approach on mine and Vigo's characters. You use very clean lines in your work, I like the style. I think they would look good coloured. My one crit though is that my character dosn't seem to be struggling with the weight of that gun on her back. I would put her leaning forwards a bit more and put more folds around where the gun touches her back. And on vigo's character the face would work better with less lines I think. Apart from that, nice work.

Vigostar - Thanks for the nice words. I'm going to try and work on Bumskee's character some more based on everyones advice. I'm really enjoying this sketch trade. I think It's getting us all to create good work. Maybe we should do the same but with environments or something at some point.

Sve - Wonderfull interpretation of the characters. You really looked int their souls. Your a very deep thinker and a valuable addition to the group. Thanks Sve.
    I like Your version of Bumskee's character. Your the first person to draw her in a more relaxed pose. I think you do much better with traditional media. Maybe you should approach digital work in the same way. I would put the same level of detail into the lower body though. Apart rom that good work.

Loomer - Nice pose on Bumskee's character. I like it. I think maybe she could do with a bit more detail and maybe some stronger highlights on her. But It sounds like you have a lot going on at the moment so it must be difficult to find time to draw. Be careful with staying up till 4am as well. We're in this for the marathon not the sprint. Don't burn yourself out.

Everyone is doing great work for this one. I can't wait to see more. Keep it up everyone!

Have faith, these things should never be easy.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

New Artists Seeking Help Come Here - A mutual learning thread for learning the basics of drawing. Everyone's welcome.

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sve- I must say my friend that your rendition of bumskee's character is my fav. so far.. really well done.. nice feel.. there may be some technical issues but, i like the overall drawing.... great work... keep that moivation ALIVE>>!!!

Loomer- good job dude... I like the way she looking at the viewer but, I must say that it looksvery flat.. and that shading looks.. GRRRRR rushed... sotty man.. i usually give you praise but, I gotta give you the crits this tims around.. i think all of us pretty much had trouble with Min's character... Im going to give it another shot after Im done... and im going to do it in my fav. medium!! I'll give you one guess..! I just cant stand doing shitty work.. anyways... I gotta get cracking on your character... it gave me trouble as well... im on a bad drawing streak.. EEEK!

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good stuff here. One thought though start making the daily habit of drawing from life. Its hard to do sometimes, but worth the payoff.

Awww, man!! Sorry about that. Yeah,thats gonna stain.

CLEPTOS SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you so much, vigostar, but once more again I prefer you to say all your thoughts. Why did you stop? "The technical sides" crits are very much needed. I would like to use your eyes and brains all the way . So unless it's too much trouble for you and you don't have a spare time right now, please continue your thought. I would appreciate the same from all artists in the forum coming and passing through .

Infinitumm, thank you, care do add some more, some harsher words ? Well, she is in this pose because I couldn't find a good dynamic reference. And my girlfriend is very strict about posing for me . So, I took an easy way out .
    Although I always like portraits in this pose. All guards down, at home at last kind of pose . Thank you for the thoughtful reply.

Loomer, I like your last one. Of course, the only things to remind about bumskee's character are these cat's eyes, a hat and a lot of very fast movement in the pose. But it's huge for me. The attitude is the same. It's a warrior, fearless and cruel. She just needs some new tricks to have an advantage in battles. Her constitution is more elf-like or Sara-like, than a grownup woman.
    The background adds a lot to the speed of her motion.
    Btw, loomer, I'm kind of still hoping to get this painting of yours in e-mail (you told you will send it, I didn't receive it). Of course, if you are hardly breathing under a day routine, I can easily wait longer. I hope it's just those weddings one after another, what upsets you, nothing serious. I wish the best for you and your loved ones.

Dear CleptoCat, thanks for stopping by and giving your time to us, very much appreciated. The aborigines of the thread started from every day's life sketching and kind of drifted from there to fantasy land.
    Sveta Dudetta

Last edited by sve; October 21st, 2005 at 09:20 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your such a nice dude SVe---- damb... gotta meet you one day and get you drunk.. i wanna see how you act then...!!! well, to be honest.. Sometimes i like to just give praise.. i know that your looking for crits to become a better artist but, I think praise helps the soul and helps us mentally to move on andkeep fighting the good fight...
    Crit- ok, I think overall you did a very good job... obviously your idea with this drawing wasnt necessarily to get fully detailed but, to try and convey and image.. Which I feel you did a great job with.. Her face does look a tad manly but, Ive seen national Geographic and alot of those woman arent ummmm.... well, you know... Sorry, no offense to anyone just my opinion... so, i think in that aspect a person can look beyond that.. you did however try to give some three deminsional shape to the body really the chest area... but, when your trying to render remember that you have to stroke in the direction of the movement and follow the particular shape your trying to render... so if somethings has a little hump or your trying to give an effect of a bone you have to create small half circles... and be very delicate about this... Bones dont have a strong of mass, unless your rendering the elbow, or knee but, most of the time they are very subtle... also, you have to think in terms of value when rendering as well... think of an overall shade that you want to give your specific character and use that as your general template for the figure, then go darker and lighter from that.. But, most of the body will be this one shade, from this shade you start to build the values... other then that.. i would have to say that the boobs look a little wierd.. especially the one furthest from the viewer.. it has a weird shape... it also may be a lighting issue.. in any event... work on those things and just watch your proportions... thats probably the number one thing you'll here on this forum on how to improve your skills... I'll mostly try to help you on ways to build the form and try to make them come to life... Cuz rendering is well... my thing.. as we all know..!!! anyways buddy.. your doing great.. i look foward to seeing more..

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, vigostar.
    Thank you for telling me beforehand, now it will be you who end up being drunk and I will have a very good time watching you . I like Margarita with rock salt, btw .

About praise. I don't know, don't want to get delusional about myself. So just honesty for me. OK?

I'm very happy with your detailed reply and very, very grateful. I agree about the rendering tricks. Thanks again. By the way the reference for the face of my version of the woman was , , ... Ava Gardner

http://www.sant-andreu.com/ppersonals/ava/ava-bn4.2.jpg

Diego, want to reply to you for your comment a while ago. Glad you like my rambling. About your opinion, I agree, I just got cold feet because of the full figure dynamic pose.
    Yeah, should've gone for it anyway. It's just creative process has some element of suffering in it .
    About too many details, you might be right, or I might be right, or we both might be right Thank you for telling me your thoughts.

Sveta Dudetta

Last edited by sve; October 20th, 2005 at 11:24 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    just been caught up with something for the past two days feels like I been out of action for like a year or something.

Ian, I think I already gave you shite load of crit and comments on msn. nice take on mine, though u have to watch the value range you are using.

Loomer, beautifully done, love Ian's character. nice attitude, something i wanted to do.

as for mine, it's very stylish, not your usual kind of drawing espcially lines and the overall feel. very ninja like, one crit, she seems slightly off balance, as if she's slightly leaning on a invisible something. I think if one of her legs had bit more tension to carry the weight or placed backwards a bit more, weight distribution would be good.

Diego, nice shot at Ian's, though I think she looks like she's going for a camping trip with the walking stick. or a hitch hiker. nicely executed!! your drawings are certainly improving very fast.

Sve, dude your traditional work is very different to your digital.. nice shading!! looks like your life drawing skills are shining right through, the figure is very solid, love the hands and the details you have added!. you should incoporate these into your digital!

Vigo! how u doing bro?? hehe I think this sketch trade was an excellent idea.. we are finding out things about each others work and styles.. also picking up little tricks.. I was doing clogik's the other day.. realised how good his character was...very solid.. much like what loomer said, we do take things for granted a lot.. ur character was so damn hard to do and so was ians.. I probably do them again.. hehe..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sve- no problem. looking at your ref. the woman you based your character on has a thinner face... and more defined cheeck bones... goos hot at it though.. nice ref. pic... i love black and white fotos..

bums- yeah, I think many of us will want to do some characters again... Maybe in the end when we're all done creating characters we can choose one character that we weren't happy with and give us all a one week deadline to revamp or redo it... kinda like extra credit for a failed exam!!! I still have to figure out Loomers damb character.. im going to post my failed version of his character tonight.. it was really bad... anyways.. dunno if im going to dump the idea or not.. i might go for something totally opposite from what ive posted so far.. something really twisted and dark!!!!! *Eerie organs start to play in the background!!! anyways... hopefully sooner then later I'll have it posted.. this was harder then i thought it would be... I think we should maybe try and give one week deadlines... cuz, this is taking reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelly long...

Loomer- that looks WAY better then the one posted.. good job...

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, bumskee, glad you are satisfied with the image. May I ask do you paint your figures from imagination or you do use some ref ?
    Shoulders of the character were very nicely and truthfully done yet I was left with an impression it was from your imagination. Just very curious to your creative process.

Vigostar, of course the girl is hot. Frank Sinatra was trying to kill himself 3 times over her. I hope you know who Frank Sinatra is .

Loomer, could you please put both of images. first of all I liked the one you did before, second I would like to compare.

BTW. Where are Emooe and his versions?

Sveta Dudetta

Last edited by sve; October 22nd, 2005 at 12:33 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, where is Emooe... hmmmm...... theres no room for slackers here.... who was the person that reccomended him to our group of extremely hard working artist anyways????

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There are no limits to the greatness which is this thread.

You guys rock. Thanks for sharing all this work and progress.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heres my faied version of Loomers sktch.. im posting this because i dont want you guys to think im a slacker.. im going to do a final and better version soon.. everyone is great.. keep the motivation alive!!!

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey sorry guys, i been slacking a little bit, drinking a bit too... Just giving signs of life
    I'll come back tomorrow when i feel better, my head is spinning right now.
    Cheers guys.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, vigostar, I like your version very much. He is scariest so far and has quite a spirit. Will dig through the whole cemetery before time ( which is when the rooster cries its third cock-a-doodle-doo).
    I like how you dressed him ( tells a lot ), the expression of his face, his figure and the whole upside down surrounding. The whole drawing has a surreal mood and very energetic in the same time. I'm inspired to start my version of the clogik's character. Oh god, my first robot. I need to prepare you, guys, somehow. Give each a painkiller or something . Actually, Diego is already able to look at it without a fit .
    Hey, van, thanks for stopping by, always a pleasure. Come again
    Sveta Dudetta

Last edited by sve; October 21st, 2005 at 11:25 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool Vigo! HAhAa I like the urban spin you gave him...especially those Phat Pants YO!

Diego...have a drink on me..or for me rather

Sve - I'm not sure, but I think I actually deleted the old version of bumskee's character! I get very emotional sometimes, and when i know I am slackin' or doing half-assed work I go NUTS! Perhaps it's on my Harddrive somewhere. I think the newer version is stronger though (although I am seeing mistakes there too!)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First one is my version for Clogic's character, the second is for vigostar's version of Clogic's character .
    Loomer, You're probably right, that's why I wanted to compare.

Sveta Dudetta

Last edited by sve; October 22nd, 2005 at 10:51 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Vigo, yes it is taking long isn't it?? one week sounds a bit tight though hehe. but yes definitely taking long, I have almost done, clogik's so I might be posting that tonight or tomorrow.. yikes.

Sve, figures? mostly from imagination, if it's not stated as "studies" I am usually on my own. well trying desperately to balance my refed and non refed figures looking similar!! also I think little things like the looseness and tension of a joint or the weight being carried really makes the difference.

Vigo, yeah where is emooe? I haven't seen him on MSN either.. I hope it wasn't me that recommended him but I have a feeling it was.

vigostar, nice translation, you are taking everyone's character really to the extreme, glad to see you puching it. nice theme to it as well, as is you execution in the rendering.

Diego, take it easy dude. I haven't been drunk for ages..

Sve, hehe nice work dude.. nice of you to translate someone else's translation. in fact I like the Vigo's better! nice compo and execution, you are very skilled with that pen of yours. good to have you in our group.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yo, hi everyone.. i was going to originally post a longer comment but, mom my was around the day i posted so, I decided to wait.. yeah, ive been trying to think outside of the box lately... trying to give as much of a different spin to the character as possible... this time around i was going for a "hip hop" grave digger... i was going to an add caption reading... "i was supposed to be a Rap star"! and he's got Rocka Deada Wear on!!! cheesey yes, but that was the idea!!!! anyways... glad to see everyones around and kicking... im going to try and work this character again.. i think im going to keep the same theme... not sure yet... i might just go really creepy and gross.. we'll see... so, im going to work on this bad boy right now.. i also hav something that I want to share that I started yesterday... Oh, and I also want to announce to my fellow sketchlings that I purchased my firct set of WATERCOLORS yesterday!!!! THE COLOR IS COMING!!!!!!! I cant wait to use them... i got a small basic set with three types of brushes.. im not going to go crazy .. basically going to use the watercolors a background wash then throw my pen over it... something ive been wanting to do for a while now... so yeah, im stoked.. thanks guys.. you guys have been really great with all the support.... Rock on!

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello there!
    Calm down guys, Last 2 weeks i've been in bed with the Flu, or some kind of chest infection that wouldn't clear up, The doctors couldnt treat it well becuase the medication needed would screw over my stomach medication and make me worse!, so i had to ride it out!.

finally I'm out of bed and back at work, Hope to stick it out this time, and not get ill again!. Even a hard working artist like myself sometimes gets ill.

Onto the renditions of the characters, Fantastic work guys!, really impressed with the standard that you've been coming through with.

Bumskee : I love your take on Infinitums girl, she has a lot of character, problem areas include the facial feature positioning though, which throws it off somewhat.

Sve : Well Grats on your crits, and congrats on your drawings, The first is pretty nice, although proportion/perspective problems that pen line doesn't take kindly too.

The second is great, The design is very original here and the pen lends itself greatly to the style, reminds me of aboriginal art.

Loomer : Great! , really great stylistic pictures. The first one, seems a little rushed, but the concept, on first glance is awsome. The second has a lot of dynamism and movement, with some good ideas for the headdress etc.. An air of mystery surrounds her, with the hand placement.

Works well.. Look forward to more of your pictures.

Back to Sve : Your last 2 drawings were pretty humourous, I like the huge skull robot from clogic , and your pic is great too.

Vigo : Interesting portrayal of loomers grave digger dude,
    I can see you spent a lot of time on the lower half, before perfecting the overall composition or proportions, The pants are brilliant, really great folds going on there!. The little studies on the side certainly help getting 'into character,' when doing an exercise like this.

I remember doing a greyscale portrait, and a myst have done hundreds of studies of the guy before doing the final. Maybe I can get that scanned one day. Taking time over something just makes it so much better. Especially if noone sees the studies . makes it look easy. Why the old masters took 1,2 hell even 5 years on paintings, and we expect to do it in a day now.

Infinitum : I can wholey see the pose you were going for from the beginning, Capturing movement in a drawing is a particually challenging aspect , and while you captured some, I believe you were going for more.
    I think this is down the the planning stage, Like me, I imagine you do a couple of sketces then go into finalising, and painting one of them, when looking back , maybe 10 were needed, or rubbing and revising areas to really 'feel' that motion. Before that stage is done, I don't think it's worth moving on, Becuase the 'core' of the drawing is not at it's best stage.

Like sargeant said , If the structure is built well then the features and details fall into place. '. If a circle is sketched as a square, no rendering will turn it back into a circle.
    Still nice work on the greyscale take, and a good attempt on bumskee's pic. Look forward to more.

Diego : well, I havent spoken to you before, so hello and welcome, and while your probably more here than I am at this current point, due to other factors, welcome and have a lot of fun .

First drawing, shes a traveller, with a huge gun
    maybe a girl who left her family on a mission to find the people killing all the badgers in a wood, left with a huge gun and a stick and some food.
    She loves her life and her job and looks relaxed happy and content.
    Your drawings remind me of something i can't put my finger on right now.
    I like them. So far you have some good takes on the characters, especially the vigo interp. It has a lot of character and far away from the original design , but close enough to draw similarities.
    Cool stuff.

Ok , designs coming up soon guys.
    im out

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

vigos character, It was what i had on my mind, a few revisions. Simple picture.. hope its not to simple.. posting more tommorow

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Emooe- good to see that your still kicking!!! no worries man... i know that shit happens.. i just like to bust chops, thats really my art form!!!! anyways... Hmmm, I really dont know what to say asbout your drawing here... other than it looks super rushed.. i know you may be feeling a little pressured to bang out some work but, dont just do something cuz you wanna catch up.. Quality is what you should always strive for... the character has no face.. i mean she has a face but, she doesnt... no eyes, no real defined features.... the pose you gave her is good... i like it... i think you can work out some better structure for her though... dont be affraid to use ref... get some underwear catalogs and draw the women from there.. Victorias secret is great! although they airbrush alot of good detail you get the general idea from them... if you feel like you need to move then move on but, go back to this.. Keeping in mind that this is all a learning stage. and that goes for all of us.. i know the rest would agree.. Take your time.. You'll get there...

BTW- to answer Bumskee and Emooe's comment about a deadline being put into action... My idea in general for this sketchgroup was to not only help eachother improve through constructive critism but, to try and emulate "real world" situations... A person can do many draings in a lifetime but, if we take a month per drawing we're never going to get to a level where we're going to be able to work as artists in the professional field... what happens when the day comes that your phone rings.. And someone is calling you to commission artwork that needs to be done by tomorrow... They need at least 3-4 thumbs nails and once the thumbnail has been decided you have till the afternoon to come up with the composition and until tomorrow at 4pm to have the drawing completed? The kicker is that they're going to throw in a couple of extra thousand because of the last minute circumstances... Now, this may be a far fetched scenerio but, I know that crazy shit happens in the artfield.. people want things done yesterday... And you just have to train yourself to put your head down and produce the work. We hear these crazy stories about how Marko and Wes are able to do 10 characters per day... Now, of course they are an exception to the rule (cuz we all know they sold their souls to the devil in exchange for supernatural drawing abilities!!! ) but, to be able to do at least three per day shouldnt be out of reach... And I guess ultimately this statement really is geared towards people who want to do this as a profession and not a hobby.. Me personally I want this bad.. I want to be able to get up in the morning, brush my teeth, make myself a cup of Jo and walk into my studio and draw.. AND GET PAID TO DO IT... thats my dream.... but, i fear that if I'm too relaxed and dont set deadlines then im never going to get there... my whole approach when i started with my artwork again was babysteps.... small babysteps... and now I feel like its time to start walking a little faster, more confident, with my chin up and sketchbook by my side. Honestly, if oil painters can bang out a painting in a week then we should all be able to... Im speaking for myself here... Whom ever wants to follow is up to them but, from today on.. The bullshit slacking stops with me... One week to complete a character and if I dont complete the character in one week the following week Im going to take off one day less to complete my character... Theres too many good mutha-fucking artists out there. We are just one of thousands... What do we bring to the table that another doesnt? Thats going to be the difference...

Anyways, I just wanted to say that.. i hope none of my dear sketchlings think im crazy or some sort of dictator, I think you guys are all crazy cool peeps.. Im just speaking for myself... Im going to have Loomers drawing done by thursday night.... and im going to post a character for the C.H.O.W. tonight.. let me know what you guys think....

Last edited by vigostar; October 25th, 2005 at 02:42 PM.

SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I share your dream Vigostar. I'm trying to live it at the moment so I totally agree with you. I'm going to do the same as you. One a week at least. And i'm working on something for the chow myself at the moment. I look forward to seeing yours. Lets fly!

Have faith, these things should never be easy.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

New Artists Seeking Help Come Here - A mutual learning thread for learning the basics of drawing. Everyone's welcome.

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, Infini... Sounds great man... I was hoping to maybe motivate someone else.. i was feeling a bit like Jerry Maguire.. I was like "who's coming with me". and everyone's just staring... I just finished up my CHOW entry... I have to admit that Im pretty proud of it... And I look foward to seeing what you have in store... if you want some crits on it infini send it over.. I'll be happy to try and help you out... Keep on rocking dude!

SketchBook

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1