Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Thanks

!!!>>>>>looking For New Sketchlings<<<<<!!!

Well, I'm starting this thread for the sketch group that I'm in. The goal here is to post all of our weekly assignments, colaborative works, and possible W.I.Ps that we may need some help with. ALL CA members are welcomed to critique and comment on the artwork displayed here.

Assignment #1 (given by Infini) was to draw 4 - 6 anatomy studies. These studies must be displayed no later then Aug. 15th 11:59pm.

In the near future I intend to try and do large colaborative works where every member gets one week to put their artwork on the canvas. Others projects will include things like creating a mock video game.... We come up with a simple story line and every member of the group gets a job to perform and a strict deadline to maintain. The goal here is to try and simulate the real life environment of a working art studio (or what we believe a working art studio is like). I may down the road ask some of our CA Pro's to jump in a give us assignments. Hopefully, they weill be more the cooperative.

NOTE: Encourage everyone from the group to participate in giving these assignments... We are a group and we must remember the goal of this group. If we see that one member of the group is slipping we need to as a group try and motivate that person towards participation...

So, if there are any questions and comments please post them here. This will be our "go to" thread for our assignments from now on. Talk to you guys soon..!

PS- My name is Rob for those of you who don't know... Maybe we should call eachother by our names?
    Last edited by vigostar; March 31st, 2006 at 12:13 PM.
    Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 152 Posts
    Hey ROb,

reporting for group duty!

ok 4~6 figures..

Thanks
    Aye aye -
    I'm all up in this shit
    *:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*

Thanks
    This sounds really good. You've got some great ideas here. I look forward to working on them.
    Have faith, these things should never be easy.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

New Artists Seeking Help Come Here - A mutual learning thread for learning the basics of drawing. Everyone's welcome.

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Kewl, guys.. it looks like we're missing two members... Hmm, I hope they didnt go awol!!! anyways.. CLogik had a group name of Spirit Fingers... which I thought was clever... Infini also had some good names but, I cant remember them right now.. he had a good latin one.. Infini help me out here... Unfortunately, i didnt come up with anything good... Scott you have anything good...? Min- you???
    Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook

Thanks
    Luckily I havent deleted the email yet so here were my suggestions.

accipio - Latin meaning, to consider yourself indebted, receive, learn, take. Meaning that we are all trying to learn together.

The Dreamers of Dreams - Kind of speaks for itself.

The Long Road - As in learning art takes a long time.

The never ending quest - You can never know everything but we can try.

Not sure about the last two now that I look at them again, but hey. Thoughts anyone?

www.ianjlee.co.uk

New Artists Seeking Help Come Here - A mutual learning thread for learning the basics of drawing. Everyone's welcome.

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    I like the first one the most.... personally...

SketchBook

Thanks
    Yeh, me too. I like the second one as well though.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    I like "Spirit Fingers"...and it's a cool song

sfumato - In Italian sfumato means "blended" with connotations of "smoky" and is derived from the Italian word fumo meaning 'smoke'. Leonardo described sfumato as 'without lines or borders, in the manner of smoke'.

Rakugaki - Japanese for nonsensical and/or insignificant scribblings and drawings. I got this from Tera Katsuya's book Rakugaking - he's awesome.

xenophilia - Love of the foreign or unfamiliar. A xenophile is a person attracted to that which is foreign . We're Xenophiliacs!

watch hands
    cadmium crush
    electro ventricle

- I'm could go all day...I'm a wierdo, so therefore I like wierd things. Whatever the other folks dig is OK by me..I realize i have strange taste.
    Oh - here's some anatomy!
    *:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*

Thanks
    damb Scott you were busy boy..! I like the anatomy studies... especially the red arm...! I like Rakugaki!!!! Cadium crush sounds cool but not good for those who dont paint....!

SketchBook

Thanks
    nice anatomy study, i really like the blue arm, and how the bone can be seen through it. Is it alright to post 6 anatomy studies here even if you aren't part of the team? This has me inspired.

Thanks
    Hey, Adrian.. Thanks for stopping by and I'm really only speakng for myself right now but, I would rather you not do that.. I created this thread soley for the purpose so that our group has one place to go to when we need to display work pertinent to the projects or assignments given without going to 5 or 6 different sketchbooks.... I hope Im not too harsh or making myself look like a egotistical bastard but, Im trying to keep this thread as clean as possible so that we as a group can be the most constructive as possible... however, if you were to post some anatomy studies in your sketchbook (which btw I checked out and you have some nice stuff there.. lots of anatomy) I would be more then happy to leave my crits and comments... Thanks for stopping by but, I hope you understand and stop by some time again in the future and let us know how you think our group is progressing...

SketchBook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 152 Posts
    Rob he's the man.. adrianhaynes, do post in your sketchbook and I will be over there with bunch of crits and stuff in a flash.

Scott? must be loomer.. awsome anamtomy stuff, oh it's nice... better get myself cracking too..

As I mentioned it to Ian before, I like dreamers of dreams. because I have this thing with dreams.. long story cut short.. I like the word "dream. But like I said to Rob, whatever you guys decide I am good with, so long as we are drawing.. I am not good at coming up with words.. errr.. "sketch group"? is probably the best I can do..

my anatomy stuff coming up soon.. BTW whatever happened to clogik and britt?

here's mine.. some sketches with ref.. drawing figure is so hard..
    Last edited by bumskee; August 14th, 2005 at 06:49 AM.

Thanks
    Min- thats a good go at that the reffed poses... you have a nack for drawing the backside!!!! Look foward o seeing your anatomy shots!

SketchBook

Thanks

Figure/Anatomy

This is just to loosen your thinking a bit and may seem a little trite but I think it helps me!

When you think of a car you tend to think of the shape, make, model, color, year etc.
    That is not the most important thing about a car however!

The thing that is important about a car is that it will take your places.
    It will take you from point A to point B ‡ we need to thing about where we are and where we want to end up ‡ where we need to turn, how fast we want to go, when we need to speed up, slow down and stop.

Sure we are doing this in a vehicle but the vehicle itself is not the important part.

The same is true of drawing the figure or anything else ‡ we need to not think of the vehicle/figure but of the journey we want are drawing instrument to take ‡ where we want it to start and where we want it to end up ‡ taking into account the ins and outs, ups and downs, twists and turns and all the bumps along the way ‡ don't just feel the bumps, think about why that bump is there, talk yourself through every turn, every change in direction the change in the weight of the line etc. Drawing is not about the thing you are drawing it is about the journey, the act of drawing itself <> DRAWING IS THE THING

Hope this is as helpful to you as it has been to me!

Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast