Character work (nudity)?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face Character work (nudity)?

Hi guys i'm new to this forum. This is a character i'm working on. Im gonna dress it up later but for now i thought id just make it an anatomy thing to se if it's good to go!

Id appreciate any crits on Anatomy and Line work!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, welcome. Anatomy huh? Okey dokey. Looks pretty good. A couple of the things that I see is that the guys hands are a bit too big. You also seem to have lost some right pectoral mass in trying to show the right bicep. I also think that his left eye is slightly too close to the bridge of his nose. Hope that helps.

Whatever you do, don't look at my Sketchbook and Painting Thread!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    not bad anatomically, only a few things that a are a bit odd, but I think they probably stand out to you as well since you've outlined all the muscles. A few places of note is how your characters left upper arm attaches to the lower arm, and also the abs are a bit off. Chins a tad pointy too.

a note on character creation. This guy is pretty generic, great character creation usually comes from an imbalance in the character. A great litteral example of great characters are in the INCREDIBLES.

the mr. incredible has an ego inalance, He thinks hes great, and he thinks he's good but in reality he is following his ego into a trap. Mr. Incredible is a pretty one dimensional character put into a complex situation. He always used his muscles to try to get out of any situation. So his strength was his weakness.

the daughter was an insecure, shy teenager. her ability is to disapear, and to project a force field when she's pissed off - I like to call this one the "GET OUT OF MY ROOM!" move

then theres the hyperactive little kid, who can run really fast and be annoying even quicker. (although not in the way characters from madagascar are annoying).

the mothers imbalance that gets herself into trouble is she try's to do everything. Hold the family together, discipline all the other members of the family and what not.

so when you design a character, concept is king, it isn't worth putting in the countless concept drawings it takes to design a character until you have one in mind

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianhaynes
    not bad anatomically, only a few things that a are a bit odd, but I think they probably stand out to you as well since you've outlined all the muscles. A few places of note is how your characters left upper arm attaches to the lower arm, and also the abs are a bit off. Chins a tad pointy too.

a note on character creation. This guy is pretty generic, great character creation usually comes from an imbalance in the character. A great litteral example of great characters are in the INCREDIBLES.

the mr. incredible has an ego inalance, He thinks hes great, and he thinks he's good but in reality he is following his ego into a trap. Mr. Incredible is a pretty one dimensional character put into a complex situation. He always used his muscles to try to get out of any situation. So his strength was his weakness.

the daughter was an insecure, shy teenager. her ability is to disapear, and to project a force field when she's pissed off - I like to call this one the "GET OUT OF MY ROOM!" move

then theres the hyperactive little kid, who can run really fast and be annoying even quicker. (although not in the way characters from madagascar are annoying).

the mothers imbalance that gets herself into trouble is she try's to do everything. Hold the family together, discipline all the other members of the family and what not.

so when you design a character, concept is king, it isn't worth putting in the countless concept drawings it takes to design a character until you have one in mind
    SOme good pointers Adrian. If I may add...one of the best place to get Character Ideas is at the mall...specially in the food court. Yes, people will think your weird for watching them but its ok. Trust me you will see alot of intersting subjects. Just make sure you bring your sketchbook so you can doodle on the spot. Oh and be sure to pay attention to thier gestures.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.