Rembrandt's Homeless Good for Nothing Bum of a Brother who steals things and smells.

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Rembrandt's Homeless Good for Nothing Bum of a Brother who steals things and smells.

Yes, that is the name of this piece.

I pulled out Painter today after a long hiatus, since I was never very comfortable with using it, but its starting to feel better and I'm enjoying using it now. I really love te brush engine, too sweet.

Painted this with no references, just doodling, then decided to take it a little bit further and give it a Rembrantian twist, he is one of my favourite classical masters. Took about half an hour.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    On the fringes of "acceptable" observation and commentary.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

LOVE the title!

Hahahaha! Magic Man, that was funny! I guess every family has to have at least one...I didn't know "tweakers" existed back then...

His head and shoulders look really weird, though, because his arms are so long. What is he, about 8, 9 feet tall? His shoulders, neck, and head should start at about the middle of his yellow-ish undershirt...Dude has some seriously melted hands, too.

What version Painter? I, too, love the Brush Engine, but I'm running 8.01.

~M

Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional
    I am The Choosen One!
    Jason sez: Draw more from Life!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by madster
    Hahahaha! Magic Man, that was funny! I guess every family has to have at least one...I didn't know "tweakers" existed back then...

His head and shoulders look really weird, though, because his arms are so long. What is he, about 8, 9 feet tall? His shoulders, neck, and head should start at about the middle of his yellow-ish undershirt...Dude has some seriously melted hands, too.

What version Painter? I, too, love the Brush Engine, but I'm running 8.01.

~M
    I wanted to really exaggerate his structure - homeless people have this, defeated look to them. I know ideal proportions, but this dude is less than ideal, so I took creative liberty with him, longer arms give an apelike appearance as well. His hands, yeah they're melted alright.

I recently downloaded Painter 9, major overhaul, the brushes a shitload faster, they fly this time round. Also, altering the brush dynamics is easy because there is now a pallette for doing so on the fly, no more going into brush creator, much much faster.

Members who have read this thread: 1