Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Thanks

I challenge madster, Slash, and anybody else (page 3).

That's right. You talk alot of shit madster, so time to back it up.

You can pick the subject and deadline (1 week minimum, 4 weeks maximum). Medium is open.

If you lose, don't ever berate/insult/demean/or otherwise act in any sort of negative fashion to anybody on this forum ever again, even if they provoke you.

If you do not accept this challenge, don't ever berate/insult/demean/or otherwise act in any sort of negative fashion to anybody on this forum ever again, even if they provoke you. In addition, you will reveal yourself as a weakling and a fraud, because we all know with your self-proclaimed "good eye" you ought to be able to critique your own work until it's a masterpiece.

Pony up or Shut up, Nancy Boy.
    Last edited by jetpack42; August 12th, 2005 at 06:09 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    On the fringes of "acceptable" observation and commentary.
    Thanks

OOOh, sticks and stones...

Don't know you.
    Don't care to.
    Not interested.
    Don't have to prove anything to you.
    You can't make me.

I concede, you're the better artist. You win. (Rolls eyes)

You're not the sheriff around here to tell me (or anyone else) what to do, nor make ANY demands unless you've achieved MOD or ADMIN status, or bought the joint out from under Jason Manley.

Just as non-drawing, attitudinal fools are entitled to their opinions, so am I.
    Don't like it?
    Use your scroll button, or add me to your Ignore list.

P.S. People don't have to be able to even hold a pencil to recognize a bad drawing, lousy composition, or misshapen limbs on something supposedly humanoid.

Shoo. Don't bother me.

~M
    Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional
    I am The Choosen One!
    Jason sez: Draw more from Life!

Thanks
    Pff you're just scared.

All talk eh?

Thanks
    Too busy picking on "noobs"? I was hoping I wouldn't have to waste time on a drawing to prove you're an asshole. Thanks.

You've got no excuse to treat people the way you do. Any sort of artistic mistake or "your opinions" is not justification to berate people or act like you've got some sort of high horse to sit on. Even though they are deleted now, I saw your sketches, and you've got a long way to go out of that wet paper bag, my son. So why don't you do the community a favor and spend your time critiquing your own work, Lord knows it needs it.

There are plenty of polite helpful people around here who know what they are talking about. I don't call

Quote Originally Posted by madster
    Honestly, you haven't defined anything but his oversized hands enough to suggest anything beyond "Put some more time and effort into defining just what the hell we're looking at..." And maybe the rough impression of a badly rendered pseudo-samaurai sword...

The background is called garbage at this point...
    Really...
    The soldier is little more than a vague army-green blob, and the background is so non-existant as to be a blank canvas...

At least take the time to make your image somewhat represent something more than doodly scribbles before you rush to upload it here for ass-pats...SHEESH!

It is the subject matter itself, as well and the general concept of this piece that are visibly lacking in forethought, planning, and concept.
    (only we can add "execution" in the case of things you are visibly lacking)

Adam, this is one of those pieces that you should have worked on more before posting.

It's very badly rendered, and really needs to be better thought out across the board.

We'll ignore the "crappy owl," as you yourself know it looks nothing like one.

The flying guy has terrible anatomy, as there is no consistency or balance at all to his arms, legs, feet, or knees.

Although your enthusiasm is admirable, you don't want to use CA as a personal "refrigerator" to post your every doodle on.
    You want to post work that you've put some serious effort into, and that means AFTER you've used a reference for the owl, and AFTER you've taken the time to carefully put some time into making the main subject look like more than some crudely rendered, somewhat ambiguous shape that doesn't tell the viewer a whole lot.

At this stage, it's so bad, that most of the comments will be negative about the inconsistencies, rather than encouraging about the concept, because at present, it's really just not that interesting, and the poor execution of technical skills are more detracting than the concept.

A really good rule of thumb, is that if you think it's crappy, you shouldn't post it until you can feel that it needs improvement, but is okay...

~M

ANY OF THE ABOVE "GOOD CRITIQUES", and those are only from the posts you've made yesterday.

You're not a hotshot. You're not an artist. You've got a horrible attitude. You don't have a "good eye", and you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Post one more like that and I will ask the admins to ban your IP.

Battle me, Shut up, or Get out.

Thanks
    Yes! Battle! Battle!

P.S. People don't have to be able to even hold a pencil to recognize a bad drawing, lousy composition, or misshapen limbs on something supposedly humanoid.
    What - the - hell. You have no idea what you're talking about. It's called learning. You don't just see that something doesn't work and say, uh, yeah, so let's do it right. Don't go bugging people for things they are obviously still working on. It's like kids calling other kids names because they wear glasses. It won't bother them when they are older, but you'll remain an asshole. Put in the work yourself first, then judge the works of others.

Thanks
    Just looking at past posts...

Honestly, you haven't defined anything but his oversized hands enough to suggest anything beyond "Put some more time and effort into defining just what the hell we're looking at..." And maybe the rough impression of a badly rendered pseudo-samaurai sword...

No face, no BG, no clean linework to define anything...Just ONE giant hand that doesn't proportionally fit anything else in this doodle, not even the other hand...

I will say that you've got a nice set of tits going on, though, with that over-expanded breast plate. And, the rendering of what I am assuming to be arms, is really lacking in proportion and foreshortening...

Try working on some decent thumbnail sketches and rough comps that at least illustrate the general composition of what it is you are attempting to render, and please feel free to explain to the viewing audience just what it is they are supposed to be seeing, as general viewing just doesn't quite make it in this situation...

Needs a LOT of work just to be viewable...

~M
    Jeesus Madster. I have to agree with Jetpack on this one. Brutality is all nice and dandy... WHEN IT ACTUALLY WARRANTS IT... as in when someone is afflicted with an inflated hubris. As I see it, the only one with that problem would be your opinion of your critiques. Your elitism doesn't fucking help anyone.

You get an F-

Thanks
    Shouldn't we see what images Madster was talking about before we all pass judgement?
    Have faith, these things should never be easy.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

New Artists Seeking Help Come Here - A mutual learning thread for learning the basics of drawing. Everyone's welcome.

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinitum
    Shouldn't we see what images Madster was talking about before we all pass judgement?
    Click on user name> Find all posts by Madster

And, the rendering of what I am assuming to be arms,
    This isn't needed when the guy actually asked for help.

Thanks
    Theres nothing like the risk of a good healthly competition to make the cowards turn and run.

I got nothing bad to say about anyone on the forum, i'd love to see some good art from any sort of battle, and judging by how much madster seems to know about art, looks to be a good competition.

-alti

Thanks
    In short: no. It doesn't matter. If the pictures are not especially good, it is probably because the person who did them were not experienced enough to do good stuff yet. Why would you go and criticise that? Because you don't know what you are talking about.

I did check 3 of these posts Jetpack quoted, and none of them deserved to be treated like this.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wassermelone
    Click on user name> Find all posts by Madster
    Than click on user name>view profile> scroll a bit and click: " find all posts started by Madster". What you will see is that this guy is in fact a Lounge pet. Never posted any art to get critique. Which shows how little is his critique about art worth.

Quote Originally Posted by jetpack42
    Battle me, Shut up, or Get out
    I second that !!!
    Sketchbook
    Sketch(up)book
    Blog
    Twitter
    ------------------------------------------------------
    TEAM CHOW - Nasty Sausages
    CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:
    The Ocean Collective

Thanks
    [07:46] ***1: if i'm turning into a madster, please kick me!
    [07:46] malicious: ugh, are we still drama'ed up about that?
    [07:46] malicious: did he end up getting banned or something?
    [07:47] ***2: hah
    [07:47] ***2: you have yet to give crits like:
    [07:47] ***2: "hey heres an idea to improve your art: stop sucking so much!"
    [07:47] ***1: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=49738 Malicious, check here
    [07:48] malicious: i'm not saying he is or is not a(n) (adjective) (noun).
    [07:48] malicious: my arguement is that it is a waste to make a celebrity of him
    [07:48] ***1: he farts in every thread.. it's hard to ignore him
    [07:49] malicious: it was downright prickish of jetpack to call him out like that
    [07:49] malicious: that's in no way working to fix the alleged situation
    [07:49] malicious: it's flamebait.

i'm largely ignorant of the situation that seems to be surrounding madster. i'm a bit dismayed that there is - again - a situation of this nature surrounding an individual.

i said that it is a waste to make a celebrity of madster. this requires additional explaination. it was not intended to be an insult toward madster. making a celebrity of someone involves attaching an exagerrated image or concept of that person to them. dealing with celebrities quickly becomes more about that image or concept than anything meaningful.

anyway. i urge everyone to not get distracted from the issues at hand - if there are any. taunts and challenges will only serve to inflame the situation.

*edit again* involved parties do not wish to be named. wish honored.
    *edit x3* did i mention i'm a neutral bystander?
    Last edited by malicious; August 11th, 2005 at 09:19 AM.

Thanks
    So having a thunderdome is going to prove what? That people who cannot draw can't critique? Some of my best critiques come from people who've never done art. I've even recieved helpful critiques from Madster. People know when they see something wrong, with or without artistic ability. The ability to properly critique isn't always related to art.

If Madster was rude then call him out on that, you can't connect it to his drawing ability. Having a thunderdome will prove nothing and it will only make you look like a bully. I just can't see anything good coming out of this.

Of course, Madster may want to be more polite. It does seem that he crossed the line many times. If people are this upset you may wish to change the way you do things.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by staylor
    So having a thunderdome is going to prove what? That people who cannot draw can't critique? Some of my best critiques come from people who've never done art. I've even recieved helpful critiques from Madster. People know when they see something wrong, with or without artistic ability. The ability to properly critique isn't always related to art.

If Madster was rude then call him out on that, you can't connect it to his drawing ability. Having a thunderdome will prove nothing and it will only make you look like a bully. I just can't see anything good coming out of this.

Of course, Madster may want to be more polite. It does seem that he crossed the line many times. If people are this upset you may wish to change the way you do things.
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdeye
    Which shows how little is his critique about art worth.
    I have to admit, I agree with his post in that you do not have to know art to have an opinion on it or [attempt to] critique it. That said... this is an artist community. Even if you CAN make a critique, this does not mean we will attribute any weight to it especially with attached inflammatory remarks about how "this is a waste of bandwidth".

As I see it, the thunderdome might be intended to snip away some of the "holier-than-thou" tone that surrounds his critiques.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    This thread's funny as hell. Pistols at dawn, anyone?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jetpack42
    That's right. You talk alot of shit madster, so time to back it up
    This is the purpose of the TD. This guy will get banned eventually if he continues to behave like this. TD gives us all the oportunity to have some fun. Maybe even to have some kind of a revange.

I started my full membership on this forum by posting my sketches, because it was more than clear to me that I shouldn't comment or crit on other people's art before posting mine and receiving crits. It's not a matter of accuracy of the critiques but a matter of having right attitude. I don't think that anyone that received one of madster's rude crits will ever give crits to anyone else in that manner.
    Sketchbook
    Sketch(up)book
    Blog
    Twitter
    CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:
    The Ocean Collective

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Exo
    This thread's funny as hell. Pistols at dawn, anyone?
    hah, my thoughts exactly. Im not sure if a thunderdome is really the best way to solve this, but what the hell. Its always fun to watch internet drama unfold
    Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks
    "Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other"
    Have faith, these things should never be easy.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

New Artists Seeking Help Come Here - A mutual learning thread for learning the basics of drawing. Everyone's welcome.

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Hey don't pick on madster! So what, everybody critises people and as he said if you don't like it put him on your ignore list! As least madsters sensible about it
    ~Lover~

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Rook
    hah, my thoughts exactly. Im not sure if a thunderdome is really the best way to solve this, but what the hell. Its always fun to watch internet drama unfold
    Heh It's not only that. Imagine you're one of his "victims". Wouldnt it make you feel better to see that this guy who made you feel very bad about your art actually draws like you with your left feet and blindfolded
    Sketchbook
    Sketch(up)book
    Blog
    Twitter
    CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:
    The Ocean Collective

Thanks
    I am personal up for all kinds of constructive critisism. Bring it on. I deserve it. I agree that non-artists are entitled to opinions and are capable of giving good critisisms. However, from personal experience, I have found that Madster's delivery of his critiques are less that positive and not presented in a civil fashion. Then when you try to find his work it is non-existent. I say start the battle at dawn...
    Whatever you do, don't look at my Sketchbook and Painting Thread!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Lover~
    Hey don't pick on madster! So what, everybody critises people and as he said if you don't like it put him on your ignore list! As least madsters sensible about it
    ~Lover~
    Did you even read what he has said?

Thanks
    Wow. Ruthless.
    Melissa Renae
    Website // Twitter

Thanks
    every forum's gotta have its trolls....

seriously madster, it seems like if you got one of your own crits you'd be crying into your pillow. that is, if you were contributing anything to this community other than shit-talk. At least the people you're getting down on have the cojones to actually POST ARTWORK. Can't say the same about you- you're taking more than you're giving.

Thanks
    *chants*

Two men enter... one man leave...

Thanks
    I was going to jump down this guys throat once as well for comments he made to someone... he has no poise or respect for a person who is just trying to learn.. Even great artists on this forum dont speak to people like with having valid skills... anyways... I dont think theres room on this forum for people like you...
    Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    You can't just ignore a challenge, the gauntlet has been thrown! Jetpack demands satisfaction! Blood must be spilt, honor is at stake!

PS. I don't think I have any idea of madster's ability, has he posted any art?

Thanks
    sinix hit it on the head

Thanks
    Yes he has. It did not kick ass.

Thanks
    Look i don't care what you lot say, you're not going to change my mind. I like madster whether you do or not. I say this thread gets deleted, madster isn't going to do the Thunderdome so no use going on about it.
    ~Lover~

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast