Wacom cutting out..

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wacom cutting out..

So I've been having this problem recently.. I'll be using my Intuos 2 and it will randomly cut out at times. Often it's when I let it sit for a moment, I'll come back and the cursor wont move while moving the stylus. Oddly it usually takes a quick flick of the mouse to jerk it back to life. recently it's been cutting out randomly during painting, even though the connections seem fine. Also, I've noticed if I start up my PC and don't use the tablet until long after the computer has been on, the tablet won't even intialize even though the light is on and the connections seem to be tight. Disconnecting the tablet and reconnecting it doesn't seem to remedy the situation, only rebooting seems to bring it to life.

Any bloody idea's what the hell could be wrong?

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed, The world in arms is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from an iron cross."

...I have a sketchbook?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've had a couple of odd problems with my wacom, including it not responding when I first pick it up. Usually if I rap the pen hard on the tablet it will "wake up" and start working. Have you tried doing that, rather than jacking the mouse?

Also, perhaps unrelated, but may point you in a direction to look at other concurrently running apps: when I'm running PS and iTunes, and listening to a stream, if the stream halts and iTunes needs to rebuffer, I'll suddenly lose pressure sensitivity in PS. Painting suddenly paints with max pressure. Alt-Tabbing away from PS and back fixes the problem. Like I said, the only reason I mention this is perhaps you have another app somewhere that's interfering or behaving oddly with the Wacom drivers.

"Every generation sees the past though the lens of its own time." - Thom Hartmann

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i have the same problem. and it happens fairly often for me. whenever the cursor is too high or if i keep switching between the mouse and wacom, it will cut out for some reason. that probably didn't help you, but i think it's a common problem.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have an Intuos 3, and it does the same thing sometimes. I find just jiggling the mouse helps. Also, the pressure sensitivity sometimes doesn't work when I start PS, and I have to quit and restart it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the "pen tip" of my intuous2 has somehow gotten magnetised. It doesn't work with normal/dual? mode anymore (or is very unresponsive). It does the "cutting in and out" behaviour.

But it works decently in standard recognition mode. However, the "eraser tip" works well on all 3 modes.

It's gotten as bad as the pen having a life of its own occasonally. Straight line with a ruler shows up as a crooked line on the monitor.

Issue can be solved occasionally by running a degaussing wand (stuff used by tv repairman) over the pen.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 286 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    my pen jams and looses its sensitivity now and then, but its not so much a problem these days. have you checked the connection to the actual tablet itself? mine got stretched from pulling it in and out of its home on top of the box and broke from the inside. if you open it up you can cut a length off of it and resolder the connection.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow. Wacom has really kicked us in the balls.

Well, not me. Because I have none.

Um. Oh. Anyway... But, yeah, my Intuos2 does that periodically, too. I just always owed it to the fact that I spill sodas on my desk all the time.

Trés Cuté Sketch Group
    magicgoo bluemech cwn annwn light dished

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I used to have a big 12x12 that did that (well two of them actually) but they used to stop working after a period of time. It was just because the power source was routed through the keyboard and was needing too much power.

That was an old serial port tablet though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had this problem on my old intuos, i just bought a new pen and problem solved. I use a graphire 3 now and it has never had a hiccup.

My work: [link]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yep...same thing. I think it might be a software problem. Coz its never had an issue until the recent XP updates. Its not crippling yet so I'm not raising any alarm bells.

There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had this same problem with my Graphire3 after the first couple weeks after I got it.

I had a real sulotion to the problem, but unfortunatly for you Gents, it was a long time ago and I no longer remember how to fix it. It be true

I would try reinstalling the damn thing, and update the drivers for it. Good luck ...

PS I will think about thinking about what I did to fix it, for you guys ...

"As you may have noticed, Im not all here my self..."

Give me some love! JARheads SKETCHBOOK of DOOM!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yep, happens to me too. But never so often that it becomes a problem.

...+1 exp

Members who have read this thread: 1