Follows
    Following
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the first is too blury
    i dont care for the third

but i really really like the middle. im a little tired to think critically, i'll try to post something more helpful later.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the first photograph simply because it is blurry, It seems to be speaking to the viewer about the hectic pace of life in New York. Very cool.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    been a while since i posted..

well to start blur shots are all in fun but in order to really pull them off in my opinion you need to have at least something in focus and stable in the picture, try capturing more of the motion of the people and keep the elements of the background such as the sign of lights in focus

as for the second one it's really quite nice, the very narrow depth of field is a nice touch, with the focus on the rain drops on top of the flag around the highlighted area, pretty neat, but composition wise i'd like to see more in focus than just the flag's highlight

as for the third, nice casual pose, but i think in order to make it more appealing the lighting needs to be a bit more dramatic, or maybe you can push the density of the highlights and shadows a little bit so it's not so flat. one other thing is with something like this where you give a glance on a subject a bit more up close and personal of a shot would help to strengthen the mood, just a couple steps closer to the subject can make a world of difference

well hoped this helped

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i might be alone in this but i like the blurry photo. i think it has an otherworldiness to it that is intriguing. it kept me staring at it for some time. and in a world full of images it is a feat to have someone notice yours, even for a moment.

the only crit i'd offer is a more "new york" milieu. while these photos are nice they aren't decidedly "new york." they could be in london or madrid for all i know. perhaps it wasn't your intent but i viewed the thread because it said nyc pics. and having grown up in new york i would like to see more of the city itself captured in the pics. great job though otherwise. thanks for sharing.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.