Sketchbook: Pixel's Temp Leave - Page 26
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You've gotten a good lot of scolding. It's good. You say that you don't have the convenience of a studio or a local master. I think that a lot of your general egocentrism and doubt in art comes from this apparent isolation. If a teacher was anything worth your time he'd have pulled you out and done what we've done for your benefit. I think that the most important bit is that you'll have to love to learn. The finished result is (or should) never perfectly satisfy. The only real pleasure in art (for the artist) is the doing of it. I recommend you just look at some master work. Read about artists past and present. Your issue isn't the art itself but everything that attends it. Remove yourself from this sort of rat-race concept design for now.

Sketchbook

Don't miss the rise

This is actually Wolverine's sketchbook
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man pixel, you already kick so much ass in many aspects, that I'm just very jealous. give yourself some rest, and then start putting us all to shame soon after! i'll be waiting for your next update little one.

"Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man.... You deffently need a break from drawing. Some times i find that the best thing to do take a day or two off. Just realax, and go chill with some friends, watch a movie or two, hit the beach up. You know have a good time. When you come back your roaring to do work it's crazy you just wanna sit there for hours and hours and draw and the imagination just flows... I have been watching your progress since day one. Really been something to watch. With your digitals i think you need to get more millage in with it start doing speed painting with references it really helps learning brush enconmy and how to paint. (Fuck i need to learn my grammar) Good luck

Seth.n

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixeldragoon
    Idiot A- Not sure why you think I hate life? and I'm not feeling bad for myself either.

EDIT: And for a second there I thought you two were talking about bologna!

Bologna is the complete metaphor for our lives, and you my friend are the little dark bits that get stuck in your teeth. (yes I know that makes absolutely no sense)

I think you hate life, or are just absolutely frustrated to all hell with life currently. (same thing pretty much)

Without trying to hurt your feelings, don't want to do that! (No that's not sissy or any shit like that - it's real life mofo, you're supposed to care about people - if you don't care about people anyone is shit in my book) I think you hate life because you complain a lot - you speak of not getting what you deserve and tearing your hair out about little shit in life that doesn't truly matter. I also think this is reflected in how you treat people in general, quite insensitive - you can get your point across without being curt or rude, in fact I think you'll find it much more effective even. This is risky to say mate, but you've got an ego - ego's serve only one purpose, to make you feel better than you really are; and I don't mean in relation to art at all.

Look in a word, I think you hate life because you're negative as all hell! I'm not trying to be mean mate, I'm trying to kick you ass into shape

All I know is people who have a lust for life don't have problems, they have solutions.

Talk to me on MSN mate.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Work*draw*relax*live*havefun.
    Oh and listen to Idiot Apathy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dude. I know what it's like. Life is a hard case. It's rough. 11 years of marriage and 3 kids later I find out that the woman I married was/is not the woman I want to be with and she replaces me with a guy 10 years younger than me that I practically raised as a son.

Just push your art and concentrate. That's what we do. We also get off track, so that's ok, too...just realize. Art is life for us. So, live.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Everyone is making it out like I hate life- BUT I DON'T. I wish people would listen to me when I say this- I am totally happy with life. I stare at my hands all the time loving it because of my ability to create. I don't hate life. And then after I read seth's post it actually made me depressed because I can't just Go to the beach or movies or hang out with friends. It's not like I have a car, or am living on my own when I can take a break from chores if I want. Trust me, if it was that simple I would totally relax- but it isn't. The best relaxing I can do is watching Mad TV until my mom has something more productive for me to do. And it hurts me to 'relax' because whenever I'm NOT drawing all I think about is drawing. I keep breaking down everything I see constantly into values and saturation and hue and proportion and everything. It's like that Mark Twain poem about the Mississippi river. Either way- I'm not in any kind of depression or rut- but seeing as how everyone has said to "take a break", I might as well.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice drawings... how i wish i could go back again with my empty sketch book and my pencil... but i guess laziness stucked on me again...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey Pixel ,
    sad to see you have some difficult with your drawing-feeling ..it happens a lot , take a break if you want..btw you have improved a lot ..not like me.
    i dunno , i ve any social life ..i don't live on my own ..i just can be happy to have parents who treat me with their love , and have a house to live..i m don't complain , because depression is a sign of free time . yes , for instance when you have a important homework , you can't be depressed before the rendering..if not you go on the wall.
    as far i am concerned , i ve just be out of kind of depression-recently-, almost 10 years of mental diseases , what i ve did when i was 9 years ? 15 years and so on ..nothing , just be the puppet of the society..hum it's another problem but depression is created by your head don't be sad keep chin up and be happy without reasons..
    btw..you kicks ass ..omg..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yo, heres a proper reply, cos you need it.
    Obviously, drawing is your main past time, and you love it, most artists do, hell id rather be drawing than going to the movies, video games, etc.
    Are you disappointed with your skills, or what your mind comes up with? Is that it?
    EVERYONE, has periods called art blocks(hell, just got over one, and it feels GREAT).
    Im guessing your problem is that you havel little nagging problems, and you cant get them off your chest. The best way, is just to talk about it, to your mum, or someone you trust.
    the best thing is to look at life, look at the good things, smile, joke, have fun, and realise that life isnt out to get you, your just another pawn in lifes game.
    Your NEVER going to be the best, there is ALways someone who has, is, will be better at art. Someone with more experience, skills, training that you. But there is always going to be someone behind you, less experienced than you.
    Its the way life works, climb to the top and another challenge arises.
    Dont worry about where you fit in, life is there to live, enjoy and learn.
    -
    On to your art, your weakest point is definately your pencil rendering.
    Its messy, because you seem unconfident. Mess around with hb 2b, 4b, etc.
    Build up the tone, dont try to get it right at once.
    Slow it down, and bild up some contrast.
    You need some dark blacks, and some white and everything inbetween.
    Good luck, your shaping up well, and no one can take that away from you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay okay, the whole "hating life" thing was a bit overblown of course. But you don't strike me as happy! Stressed as hell most definetly.

Alright man, you don't need a beach! Hell, I relax some days out on my roof in the sun with a book and my cat. Maybe you need a cat. Go for a walk or something man, get some skates or a skateboard. Your body needs to feel good for the mind to work properly you know. Anyways, you need to find something you can do to relax - anything, and you should probably consider getting out of the house for it at times!

Friends? They will come if you want them, treat people how you want to be treated and you'll be rich with friendship. Don't wait for someone to befriend you, chances are they are waiting for the same thing, that or I don't think they are the sort of friend you'd want. (God, I sound like a hippi or something...)

Can't stop thinking about drawing or painting? Haha, yup! That's not a bad thing though, but don't think that you actually need to draw or paint all the time. I did my best thinking and analysis of color just sitting outside and observing, starting to do the same with drawing.

There is more to life than art, even if it's only purpose is to augment your art. Which would be sad .

Maybe you don't hate life, but you need to cheer up damnit - love life (and not just your "ability to create" or art )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/1182/scan0015ij7.jpg
    very very nice. Keep on trucking, just do what you feel like man

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi pixel, nice handling of values using the pencil dude, feel it comes out pretty well in your sketches.

About that rormonster, I think the amount of blood looks fine, but it's probably better if you do away with that streak of blood hanging over his left eye. Just what I reckon anyway. Also, pretty good composition and choice of pose, looking forward to updates.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://img309.imageshack.us/img309/210/scan0001ch6.jpg
    http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/1182/scan0015ij7.jpg

These are awesome! I think that you should take a well deserved break. Sort things out with the school, try out new things and return when you are relaxed and full of inspiration.

Have fun!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice work , for your own good please stop comparing to others There's no race going on or prizes to win... recongnition will come at the right time, at your age you should not worry too much about that... And about that digital i agree that its one of your best shot so far.. I dont know much, but i see many artists around me everyday and i can tell you that you have a bright future if you keep your brain healthy All this hard work will pay for sure ! i really like your rougher stuff too ( pen especially ) , GL !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Now just for prespective, youv got more less the same skill that I have
    and Im a 25 years old fella, youv managed to get this good at age what
    16-17? maybe? so be happy becuase your doing good, and because if you
    keep this pace you will get anything you wanna in life, oh and post some
    goodies if you have em, cause Im dieing to see some more pixel art stuff
    and yep I still think you ought to hear Idiot Apathy´s advise.
    NOW KEEP IT UP! and no I dont think you heat life mate, but you dont
    sound all cheered up, other wise why write all the things you
    wrote like this paragraph here:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixeldragoon
    I'm going nuts because I know I have this knowledge of how and what to do...
    but I lack the talent to do it. I can speak and know but not practice, and it's killing me.
    you sounded like you wanted advise, and thats why ppl gave it,
    you said seth´s post made you depressed? read his post again, hes doing
    nothing but saying your doing good and that your goona get even better
    over the years!! now post some doodles pretty please with a cheery on top?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You need to get motivated and know that improvement takes years and lots of effort. Set goals weekly and meet those goals. Try getting a 100 page sketchbook and fill up the pages front and back with a subject study such as machines or animals. Do that every week! believe me it's hard. But you will be proud of yourself and will notice improvement right away when you think back on what you studied. Have fun with it all and research different subjects and learn about things. Check out howthingswork.com. It's alot of fun and will improve your designs.

Sketch outside, inside, and all over the place. Listen to free Podcast from Itunes as you draw. Don't just draw when feel like drawing. draw constantly because you need to teach yourself to always "need" to draw and always want to draw. Be confident and see your future and what you want to do, then set out on connecting the dots so you can get there. Baby steps.

Good luck

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, you look like a nice kid, why you worry so much?, go out and make some friends, share with them, draw them, laugh with them.
    I think from the little that i've read, that you think too much about other people like lung, wes, and it's driving you nuts. Make you're own way, don't loose the good stuff of your age being sitted in your room, i'm not saying to you that quit drawing but make art a lifestyle. Your experiences will make you different, will affect your art. So don't constrain your self. BE HAPPY MAN.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow your 16 years old and can create good art man i hate you just for that, but really some experience life different that others some have it harder some don't. The point is that life is what you make of it. I would like to see more from you art and life wise. School sucks but things get better after it so hang on

C'ya

Just call me Ferdi

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.