Thanks

Mech Pencil Showdown

Hi everyone! I was just wondering what everyones favorite kind of mechanical pencil is (for those that use them of course).

Here is mine http://www.alvinco.com/pictures/DM07-D.jpg
    Alvin Draft Matic , i have the whole set, they rock! I like the heavyness of them for some reason.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Interesting topic. There was a cheap Pentel brand that I used to buy. What I liked the most was the refillable eraser. Unfortunately they stopped making them (I think), and I hate all the ones I find now. The ones I liked allowed you to use about 90% of the eraser. The new models they make only let you use 50%. Why the hell would they make you waste half an eraser? Anyways, these are all cheap ones you can buy at a drugstore. I never used expensive ones because I always lose them. The longest I ever kept one pencil was about 3 years.

Thanks
    I use a Alvin Draft/Matic. Simply the best Mec Pencils Ive ever used, but they are a tad expensive, about $10.00 American Pasos each
    "As you may have noticed, Im not all here my self..."

Give me some love! JARheads SKETCHBOOK of DOOM!

Thanks
    I use a .05 for almost all my sketches and drawings... any brand will do really. I used to be kind of a Mars-Staedtler snob, but these days I prefer "cheap" and "soft grip". My favorite pencil right now is the Pentel "Gizmo".

Eraser-wise, I hardly ever use the ones that come with the pencil. Instead I use a Papermate "Tuff Stuff" eraser stick... unfortunately my local art store doesn't stock them any more and I'm getting a little desperate... even started cutting down my standard eraser sticks to get that really fine point, but still nothing beats the dang Papermate... gotta find a new source... pathetic eraser junkie...
    "Change is a virtue my friend... if you want to escape, all you have to do is make up your mind."
    John Cale / Bob Neuwirth

Here be SKETCHIES...

www.ccthrom.com

Thanks
    now that i know what brands you guys use, im going to kick ass, once i save the money!

i like the pentel p207 (.7mm) pencil. and the PS315(.5mm). i like the heaviness/sturdiness of mine, also the fact thet the lead doesn't flex in and out like cheaper brands (paper mate).
    aq