Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Thanks
    cheers guys, weldone everyone.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Amazing lighting Marko, is it possible for you to draw something that isnt jaw dropping? haha awesome work. You are my new hero, Chuck Norris will have to take a back seat to you. Everyone else: incredible imaginations you have there, kudos.

Thanks
    Marko Djurdjevic: kick ass!
    lukavi, fungi are other favs

Thanks
    Amazing stuff here people

Rinaldo - Great concept, well done. Yours and Markos are my favs in this thread.

Marko - What can I say, three heads and a vagina

Thanks
    Wow Salah, yours stood up really well against Marko's. Impressive, man!
    ...+1 exp

Thanks
    nice stuff everyone. its too hard to pick a fav.
    red ehlert- nice job. its a really fun piece. i like the pickle. ha. i feel bad, i hate making excuses but i did not have the time to finish. i feel like i cheated you, i definitely owed u the best i could do and now i will surely pay for it. good luck in the next round.
    meta
    "Let it BURN"

Thanks
    Marko Djurdjevic - WOW!!! I'm at a loss for words.

Tully - love that pose, so simple yet so good.

fungi - Nice. (you must be going through a yellow period)

lukavi - Love your take on the topic.

Rinaldo - Beautiful.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by metaphysiks
    redehlert- nice job. its a really fun piece. i like the pickle. ha. i feel bad, i hate making excuses but i did not have the time to finish. i feel like i cheated you, i definitely owed u the best i could do and now i will surely pay for it. good luck in the next round.
    meta
    hey metahphysiks - thanks for the comment! don't count your demons until they're hatched, bro. voting isn't on yet and anything can happen! i'm sure it will be a good voting match up.

it'd be fun to have one thread for just member/viewer voting per each piece....but i know that'd be a nightmare to develop. i dunno....i haven't had my coffee yet and i want instant gratification given to everyone, including myself.

peace all.
    d
    There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team...~Shaun "Shaun of the Dead"
    http://www.cognitionstudio.com

Thanks
    Salah- awesome push man, way to step up.
    Marko- great character design!
    strych9ine- great piece man, u have something very eary about yours. freaks me out.

lots' of cool stuff here way to go everyone!

Thanks
    Man, tons of good ones! Marko, that's probably my fav peice in this t-dome. That chunk of lighting on the wing is awesome. To many great pieces to comment on.

Thanks
    Damn good stuff! Marko's concept is cool!
    Keep it up all
    Art Blog
    My Website

Emrah ELMASLI

Thanks

Ass pat part 1

Some comments...er...ass pats. Some butts will be redder than others:

Salah I totally dig the gesture of your demon prince...he really looks sad, like he's just not desiring this existence and is turning his back on what good ole Daddy is doing. Resting upon the staff so heavily as if it not only bears the weight of his body, but his conscience too. I dig that. And if I'm off base, well, blah.

Marko I love glowing body parts since I'm a Tron addict. You're truly a king of form development with lighting and contrast. This creature is just intense.

Trev I love the 'burn' as long as it was to be playing with your competitors name. Truly a kiddie having some demonic fun. If there was ever a Target® in Hell, I'm sure that kid's clothing would be very fashionable.

Burning Eyes I like where you were going with this, especially the face markings of the princess. Would have loved to see it pushed a bit more, but what I like most is that you were working everything out monochromatically prior to color.

Tully This actually distrurbed me and I think it is just that look of determination and the skin modeling you opted to go with. Hair is great too as is the perspective you went for.

TagHeuer The expression and the spart of spittle/drool is too damn funny. Besides, I have a special place in my heart for those that choose the lighter side of Hell. Rendering is sweet too.

Flip McGee It's a little dark, but I do like how the demon princess stands out and the detail on the snake and princess fabric are well thought out. It has a Kabuki theatre quality to it.

Foz LMFAO!!! You're COW days constantly give you a leg up on conveying a story that usually cracks me up. Nicely done, man.

Angry Scientist now that is dark. Do you think she's okay? LOL. The background characters interest me, but I can't see them too well. Are they a part of a demon gang urging the demon prince to do something?

Fungi You've done it yet again. Some serious eyebrows goin' on there, and I just dig the straps/suspenders to keep the kiddie in place. The arachnid is mint too.

R'john You know what....I really dig this piece for it's style and simplicity. Colors don't suggest demon prince to me, but that's my impression alone. I like the sneering face and tension of the body...what's going on in that prince's mind?

Metaphysiks I know you said you didn't have a lot of time, but hwat you did is a lot of anatomical mututation fun. The beauty is how different our pieces are. I could go into detail about how I was working 70 hours a week on different projects and then cramming this in to make it happen, but then I'd just be comparing myself to you. Hmmm. Think I just did that. At any rate, I like what you've done. Very dark!

More comments to come! My break is over and have to get back at it!

Cheers!
    D
    There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team...~Shaun "Shaun of the Dead"

Thanks
    Redehlert you hit the nail on the head for mine dude, I wasn't sure if it read that clear but I'm glad it does.cool

Thanks
    Schhwwwwweeeeeet!
    Thanks for confirming....you really did a nice job.
    Cheers,
    D

Thanks
    Some crits - Im not out to offend anyone, just trying to give my honest opinion, lets roll...

salah - Cool I think the big guy in the background + flames could use some more work. As for the little fella hes kinda cute, i really like the lighting on his tail for no ther reason than pretty colours.

Marko Djurdjevic - oh yes I like the design and the dramatic lighting. Also its a bit unseteling because the creature is androgenous - the lower half appears to be females but the torso is male? However I dont like the highlights on the outside of the wings for one thing its quite roughly done compared the rest of the image and its brightness draws the eye away from the main figure, I feel the composition would be stronger if you cropped this down.

burningeyes - man you shoulda finnished this >.< I don really know what to comment on :/ I think the eyes on the face mask should be pitch black to hold the viewers gaze...I think its got potential, if you finnish it lemme know, Ide like to see it

tully - nice anatomy, the arms really feel like they are supporting him. Hmm perhaps if some of the highlights/edges were sharper, the image does look a bit soft - those chitinous spider legs should be sharp n threatening. The human and deamon parts appear seperate (like hes wearing some kinda corset ) maybe some spines coming out of the forearms (nothing massive) or shoulders would tie things together more? Anyway love the expression and pose.

tagHeuer - Hehe, he looks like a total dipstick really like the expression on his face. His arms, legs n throne could use some more work though. Im not keen on the textures for the background, I feel there should be a sujestion of more detail. Thats about it.

FlipMcGee - Its a nice take on the topic, focusing on the theme of a serpent. However I feel you have though alot about the background of your character and tried to show too much by including her followers (?) A victim and her. She should be the main focus, up close to the viewer so she is imposing or at least so we can see her in more detail and the other figures arn't competing with her for attention.

more crits soon

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast