T-DOME: Last Man Standing Round One (Matches 37-48) - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: T-DOME: Last Man Standing Round One (Matches 37-48)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cheers guys, weldone everyone.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Amazing lighting Marko, is it possible for you to draw something that isnt jaw dropping? haha awesome work. You are my new hero, Chuck Norris will have to take a back seat to you. Everyone else: incredible imaginations you have there, kudos.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Marko Djurdjevic: kick ass!
    lukavi, fungi are other favs

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Amazing stuff here people

Rinaldo - Great concept, well done. Yours and Markos are my favs in this thread.

Marko - What can I say, three heads and a vagina

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow Salah, yours stood up really well against Marko's. Impressive, man!

...+1 exp

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice stuff everyone. its too hard to pick a fav.
    red ehlert- nice job. its a really fun piece. i like the pickle. ha. i feel bad, i hate making excuses but i did not have the time to finish. i feel like i cheated you, i definitely owed u the best i could do and now i will surely pay for it. good luck in the next round.
    meta

"Let it BURN"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Marko Djurdjevic - WOW!!! I'm at a loss for words.

Tully - love that pose, so simple yet so good.

fungi - Nice. (you must be going through a yellow period)

lukavi - Love your take on the topic.

Rinaldo - Beautiful.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by metaphysiks
    redehlert- nice job. its a really fun piece. i like the pickle. ha. i feel bad, i hate making excuses but i did not have the time to finish. i feel like i cheated you, i definitely owed u the best i could do and now i will surely pay for it. good luck in the next round.
    meta
    hey metahphysiks - thanks for the comment! don't count your demons until they're hatched, bro. voting isn't on yet and anything can happen! i'm sure it will be a good voting match up.

it'd be fun to have one thread for just member/viewer voting per each piece....but i know that'd be a nightmare to develop. i dunno....i haven't had my coffee yet and i want instant gratification given to everyone, including myself.

peace all.
    d

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team...~Shaun "Shaun of the Dead"
    http://www.cognitionstudio.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Salah- awesome push man, way to step up.
    Marko- great character design!
    strych9ine- great piece man, u have something very eary about yours. freaks me out.

lots' of cool stuff here way to go everyone!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man, tons of good ones! Marko, that's probably my fav peice in this t-dome. That chunk of lighting on the wing is awesome. To many great pieces to comment on.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn good stuff! Marko's concept is cool!
    Keep it up all

Art Blog
    My Website

Emrah ELMASLI

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Ass pat part 1

Some comments...er...ass pats. Some butts will be redder than others:

Salah I totally dig the gesture of your demon prince...he really looks sad, like he's just not desiring this existence and is turning his back on what good ole Daddy is doing. Resting upon the staff so heavily as if it not only bears the weight of his body, but his conscience too. I dig that. And if I'm off base, well, blah.

Marko I love glowing body parts since I'm a Tron addict. You're truly a king of form development with lighting and contrast. This creature is just intense.

Trev I love the 'burn' as long as it was to be playing with your competitors name. Truly a kiddie having some demonic fun. If there was ever a Target® in Hell, I'm sure that kid's clothing would be very fashionable.

Burning Eyes I like where you were going with this, especially the face markings of the princess. Would have loved to see it pushed a bit more, but what I like most is that you were working everything out monochromatically prior to color.

Tully This actually distrurbed me and I think it is just that look of determination and the skin modeling you opted to go with. Hair is great too as is the perspective you went for.

TagHeuer The expression and the spart of spittle/drool is too damn funny. Besides, I have a special place in my heart for those that choose the lighter side of Hell. Rendering is sweet too.

Flip McGee It's a little dark, but I do like how the demon princess stands out and the detail on the snake and princess fabric are well thought out. It has a Kabuki theatre quality to it.

Foz LMFAO!!! You're COW days constantly give you a leg up on conveying a story that usually cracks me up. Nicely done, man.

Angry Scientist now that is dark. Do you think she's okay? LOL. The background characters interest me, but I can't see them too well. Are they a part of a demon gang urging the demon prince to do something?

Fungi You've done it yet again. Some serious eyebrows goin' on there, and I just dig the straps/suspenders to keep the kiddie in place. The arachnid is mint too.

R'john You know what....I really dig this piece for it's style and simplicity. Colors don't suggest demon prince to me, but that's my impression alone. I like the sneering face and tension of the body...what's going on in that prince's mind?

Metaphysiks I know you said you didn't have a lot of time, but hwat you did is a lot of anatomical mututation fun. The beauty is how different our pieces are. I could go into detail about how I was working 70 hours a week on different projects and then cramming this in to make it happen, but then I'd just be comparing myself to you. Hmmm. Think I just did that. At any rate, I like what you've done. Very dark!

More comments to come! My break is over and have to get back at it!

Cheers!
    D

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team...~Shaun "Shaun of the Dead"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Redehlert you hit the nail on the head for mine dude, I wasn't sure if it read that clear but I'm glad it does.cool

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Schhwwwwweeeeeet!
    Thanks for confirming....you really did a nice job.
    Cheers,
    D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some crits - Im not out to offend anyone, just trying to give my honest opinion, lets roll...

salah - Cool I think the big guy in the background + flames could use some more work. As for the little fella hes kinda cute, i really like the lighting on his tail for no ther reason than pretty colours.

Marko Djurdjevic - oh yes I like the design and the dramatic lighting. Also its a bit unseteling because the creature is androgenous - the lower half appears to be females but the torso is male? However I dont like the highlights on the outside of the wings for one thing its quite roughly done compared the rest of the image and its brightness draws the eye away from the main figure, I feel the composition would be stronger if you cropped this down.

burningeyes - man you shoulda finnished this >.< I don really know what to comment on :/ I think the eyes on the face mask should be pitch black to hold the viewers gaze...I think its got potential, if you finnish it lemme know, Ide like to see it

tully - nice anatomy, the arms really feel like they are supporting him. Hmm perhaps if some of the highlights/edges were sharper, the image does look a bit soft - those chitinous spider legs should be sharp n threatening. The human and deamon parts appear seperate (like hes wearing some kinda corset ) maybe some spines coming out of the forearms (nothing massive) or shoulders would tie things together more? Anyway love the expression and pose.

tagHeuer - Hehe, he looks like a total dipstick really like the expression on his face. His arms, legs n throne could use some more work though. Im not keen on the textures for the background, I feel there should be a sujestion of more detail. Thats about it.

FlipMcGee - Its a nice take on the topic, focusing on the theme of a serpent. However I feel you have though alot about the background of your character and tried to show too much by including her followers (?) A victim and her. She should be the main focus, up close to the viewer so she is imposing or at least so we can see her in more detail and the other figures arn't competing with her for attention.

more crits soon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    tagHeuer! Sweet portrait piece, man. Yeah, I like his expression too. Cool technique with the gritty texturing. Can feel the heat too with his skin tones. However this round goes, I'll keep an eye on your stuff

Thanks for the crits redehlert and trev. Appreciate all feedback. Your pieces show skill. Good luck in your matchups!

Mad props to the rest of ya t-domeheads. Ditto strych9ine and CA admins and mods.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great entries, my fave so far is marko's, but the expression on tagHeuer's creatures face is priceless, also Rinaldo's tenticle woman.
    All in all very tasty, looking forward to seeing what you lot come up with for the next round.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    marko-im diggin the design of your demon
    fozzy: lol

fungi vs R'john= whoa dudes. fantastic work both of you. R'john..im really impressed with this design. it think its one of the funnest and my fav of the whole t-dome competition!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome work everyone, salah, Marko Djurdjevic, Tully, fungi are my favorites.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Marko takes the prize in this thread fer sure imo. But I really like fungis and lukavis pieces as well. Strych, your piece turned out real nice!! my only crit is that when looking at it I don't think "demon"....a matter of interpretation I guess

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    At the risk of being redundant, I have to say that Salah has done exceptionally well. Of course, Marko your shit always rocks (and its great to see you doing some color work too BTW), but its awesome to see what most percieved as the underdog step up and deliver like this. I'd be hard pressed to name a preference.

Rjohn dude, I like it! Just cause its not covered in gore, or boasting red horns and cleavage doesn't make it any less of a demon prince(ss). This is a very unique entry, and I'd hate to see it get passed over. To me, it feels very much like a demon prince - maybe not from D&D, but from a children's book or fairy tale? Hell yah.

Peace

:: Spartan ::
    www.chrisbourassa.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Shoutouts to my favs in this thread:

Salah!
    Marko!
    Tully!
    Fozzy!
    Angryscientist!
    Fungi!
    Rjohn!

and the feather in this thread goes to Form!

WEED TORTURE WIN
    www.hyver.com -()- sketch thread

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    salah - AWESOME. I'm guessing the prince is in the foreground and king in the background due to the size factor as well as the fact that they share the same teeth and similar bodies. One crit would be that the eyes of the king are on the side like herbivores and the eyes of the prince are in front. Another thing that annoys me is the feet of the prince in front, *blurry* I know they are not the focus but they still slightly annoy particular the front right always drags my view to it. I'm not so irritated by the lack of finish by the demon in bg. You really brought the fight to Marko, not an easy task congratulations.

Marko - AWESOME. The only thing that bothers me on this piece is that aside from all the exoskeletal fear exuded he looks relatively harmless due to the fact that all his power is used to fly, so unless he's got some kick ass claws (with thumbs) on those feet, or a poisonous tongue he ain't gonna do much harm aside from stabbing some soul with his head.

trev - Nice work. No comment for me eh? Although this girl looks like a freak I think she could be more menacing and darker in mood to make it work better. Also her anatomy is a little off in places (I can talk he he). My favourite idea here is the shoes (could have been developed more) the blocks idea was great when Matt Groening did it with Lisa Simpson but unfortunately that is still too clear to my memory.

Burning eyes - Madd skills. I really like the mask and horns a new twist on horns which although popular still modern compared to the horns I gave mine. I'm a little bothered by the lack of inish and think you could have gone back and cleaned it up a little. Why is she stuck in the rock and looking so chilled out about it. That cat is good but could have had more of a snarl (I guess)

Tully - Really love your take, and composition. I actually haven't got much to say about this other than you need to study light effects on skin and how to render texture even better to give it that real feewl (Im not saying your not better than me thats for sure) but I would have liked to see Rusty paint this. And brighter eyes imo. Probably more rendering at a finer level is what I'm trying to say.

tagHeuer - Fairly good lighting imo. But other that I think he looks too much like hes asking if its okay to drool. I guess the composition is simple but effective.

FlipMcGee - Good to see your having a go at a complicated composition. Is that snake coming out of the Demon Princesses ass? Her head looks skewed and the composition feels flat in a lot of places. I do like the snakes body generally speaking.

Fozzybar - Good rendering and simple composition well handled. Just realised your name wasn't fozzybear. Has that demon baby just unloaded his gun on that teddy bear? Everything looks good in this composition to me, thats about the biggest problem I can see it's all just okay. I mean the idea is really good but not really to my taste. Hang on just realised what irritated me, the back left hand.

Angryscientist - This is disturbing and does hold the idea of the demon prince well. The problems I see are the poses are too stiff in places or maybe just out of proportion or bad perspective or anatomy, (i don't know) not much really just a feeling. What I think would have been more effective is those two cranking demons on the (our) left if you cropped to those two and clarified them a bit I believe this piece would have been a shit load more effective.

fungi - You have great painterly skills as per others' comments. I like the bug much better then the prince, and for some reason if I met this guy I know he would stink (literally). Another feeling I get is that he really needs an army behind him.

R'john - Nice details, more imaginative then i could think of. THe perspective to this go doesn't work for me that well and he or probably she does look like she about to lay a cable. Its also a bit cartoony for my taste but its still fairly well handled.

redehlert - Cuter than baby Jesus eh. This reminds me of Fozzybars piece, thats him on the nappy right. A little too overtly phallic (Me thinks he is in awe over his burning cactus). Anyway I think the rendering is a little muddy. Probably to cliche warm colouring as well. I do like the little angel being there though I think even he is a bit phallic. His left leg looks like it goes through the floor. I quite like the way you handle light though.

metaphysics - Great piece. I think it would have work better if you used the face of the guy on the top left for the bottom guy and gotten rid of the guy on the top left. Its soo good it just seems a little overcomplicated.

strych9ine - 1stly thanks for all your work. Great mood colouring on your piece. Unfortunately it looks a little to much like a life drawing (a well handled life drawing) with cool parts tacked on. If thats a snake above her head I guess that could have been embellished more. She looks a little bored sitting there staring in to space.

Smitherines - Great idea, great action but I think the handling and spontaneity of the work is somehow lost with the bland colouring and the angles of the fore legs of the animal part compared to the demon part. I think its great how you were going for a contraposto action but IMO I don;t think you quite got their. Perhaps if you burned (got rid of) the bottom set
    of abs and put another chest it would have worked better. You have quite a good knowledge of anatomy but I think you could do more with composition and texturing.

lukavi - Another with supre skills but I think this looks too much like it could be split down the middle. For me, the robe (Although well handled), separates the figure. The face (a little flat) is probably the cause of this because the lighting applied is different from the stomach. He does look like a cool demon prince though.

al-x - This could have been present soo much better if you got rid of the coloured bits and contrasted values more. Really really Great drawing. Also put the crows lower behind the figures to give depth.

draw - Horizontal lines give a peaceful feeling dickhead. Those jeans look crap wheres the demon legs. Totally fucking cliche horns, bad fucking composition (stiff as all fuck) DID YOU DO ANY FUCKING GESTURE POSES. NO FUCKING WONDER YOU DIDN:T RECIEVE ANY COMMENTS. The anatomy is really shitty in places and he looks like he has tits. I do like the dead head
    though.

Rinaldo - This kicked my ass so fucking hard and I know why (thanks for ending my first thunderdome) . Royal purple colours subtley stating shes a princess. Great use of composition. First of all that staff drags you to the first face to get a snippet of whats in store, then you travel to the nearer figure to bask in her clearly defined form. Then if thats not all you give a modern technological twist on the horns to create a beeeautiful mask. Hell its such a stunning portrait and torso shot you don't even have to finish the
    octopus like locomotor or even the arms for that matter as they both have already been generously planted in the viewers mind. All this and an economy of stroke that is to die for. My only critisicm is why don't you look at my stuff and give me some fucken help. I mean tips on how you get this good. Even though your were against me this really is one of the best composed character designs in the comp.

blog - Nice drawing. I think this should have been your start point. Done ten times more adding bits each time and then colouring towards the end and you may have been in with a shot.

INTERN - Really good drawing. Kind of reminds me of strych9ines in that it looks like a life drawing with cool bits added. You have realy good skills it is just a little boring to my taste. It doesn't present any drama.

Ptree3 - Niice. Too cartoony for my taste. Some really nice ideas going on though.

Form - This blows. Just joking, my brain is fucken fried after all these crits. No seriously this has all the hallmarks of being a great piece, its a shame it feels so unfinished. I think if you would have chopped the top off put the staffs crown behind your character and his head in the rule of third "sweet spot" added a little more detail to the face. Used
    slightly less muddy colours, a little more contrast to create drama a blurrier background ala Markos then you could have been a contender. SO LONG AND THANKS FOR THE FISH.

Give a critique today, regardless if its a good piece or a 'not to your taste piece' Speciallly if its my piece.

I did, and f%^& me if I didn't learn a little more from both

Now take your lips off that pros ass and start talkin (this particularly includes you pros)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    draw - sorry dude (and everyone else), got distracted by the zomibe thread and umm kinda forgot

anyway...

Fozzybar - nice idea You used linework to define parts of the figure, however the linework isnt great - its broken in places (his left shoulder), doesnt define the shape of objects properly (such as where the horn joins his head which doen't round off peoperly and looks a little akward), and generally isnt strong enough in my personal opinion. If the shading were darker this would make the lines less important. As it stands I feel this is a compromosie between two styles.

AngryScientist - Bit grim ain't it? Its also a bit dark, some highlights would really pop the figures out a bit, even a faint sujestion of an outline would help distinguis between the characters.

Fungi - I really like the colours with this image, also the fact that its one of the most original pieces here. Im like the big eyebrows which sujest horns - good way to link back to the deamon theme without being too literal.

R'john - While this is a very original design (which I think is great) its just not demonic. I feel that in an attempt to be unique you have distanced your desin too far away from the subject matter. The colours are all cool and neutral, with the exception of the red hair (perhaps this could literally have been flaming red hair!). The pose and the enviroment of the character do little to enhance the mood of the pic. Also putting your name in big letters at the top of the peice detracts from the image, keep it small sorry if I have been too harsh.

Redehlert - Hehe nice idea. Ok the perspective on the horn on the left side of his head is off - his forehead should be obscuring it, not the other way around (unless he has 3 horns, with one on the bridge of his nose?). I realise you have tried to styalise the design, but the left leg looks out of proportion compared to the right.

Metaphysics -grusome! reminds me da vinci's sketches. I feel it could use some more finnish. The crown seems like a bit of a cop out - a sujestion would be to add more detail to the middle face: dark piercing eyes which engage the viewer and a twisted smile to show inteligencec and also that he is in control of his twisting and mutating body parts - instead of some out of control beast.

Strych9ine - The colours are lovely. However it does look like a life drawing which has had a mask drawn over it. There is nothing particular that I find menacing or threatening about the image...actually it reminds me of the site http://www.mypetskeleton.com (unless its been changed since the last time Ive been there). Nothing wrong with the technique. I think the idea sujested by draw of serpents would be good.

Smitherines - I kinda like this demon dude, perhaps some sharper edges on the outline and highlights/shade would help make this guy look more solid and a little more dramatic since the shading is quite soft. I think the colours are nice and i like the anatomy of the upper torso - the legs Im less keen on. I can't make up my mind on the background - perhaps if it were darker and the pentogram symbol was glowing red and casting a backlight on the figure it would look cool? Just saying what comes to mind.

Draw - Ok take a step back and relax for a bit! Its obvious from reading your own review that you know what you did wrong, and now you have to make a comitment to act on it with your next peice of work. You need to be critical (evaluate what you are doing and why) at each step of the project. I also mean not being overly scathing of yourself, and not critical of every little detail to the point where nothing gets done.

Rinaldo -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Ass Pat part deux.

First - thanks for the comments guys. Always a learning process and I need all the help I can get.
    On with the show!

Strych9ine Your piece creeps the hell out of me like she is so sedate and relaxed but is creating this environment of chaos, texture and torment. I dig it.

Smitherines You chose quite a challenging image! Soft rendering does contrast the mean character, but I actually dig it. Some contour issues in the torso and right foreleg, but that's an easy fix. I like that the body finishes off the star. Background is pleasing too.

Lukavi I do enjoy your creation. Fun and inviting. I almost wish you had chosen a more interesting pose, but how can you not like that crown and attire?!? Demon prince meets fat bastard...too cool.

Al-x I see that you couldn't decide on which one to do so you did them both! Overachiever...and I mean that in a good light. For this piece, my favorite part is in the air with the crows....did a nice job on them. Is it a fire and ice scenario with the blue and orange glow? Just curious.

Draw Total head trip....not sure what is goin' on, but I do have an appreciation for your ability to play with colors as boldy as you are.

Rinaldo Very interesting style and execution - technique alone compels me to spend a lot of time on your piece. The fusion of the 3/4 view and side view are interesting like I can't determine who is in the foreground vs background due to the overlap. Color choice is smooth....royalty.

Blog What a happy demon prince you have! Looks as though you spent a lot of time determining the face and the staff and then let the rest fade off due to either a) time or b) you really just wanted us to see the face. Either way, I admire your restraint.

Intern What you've executed is pretty damn slick, but I wish there was more because he's kinda just sittin' pretty in the center, ya know? That's one interesting jaw!

Ptree3 Every time I look at this piece I just enjoy it for its simplicity. If I stare at it for a while, I pick it apart, which I'm not going to do because again, every time I see it I really do like what you've done. Some serious lookin' stretch marks on that belly though.

Form Your's also has an immediate positive reaction to it that I pick apart once I look into it. I like your idea and the demon prince is very large and in charge. Where did he find such a big stick to shake?

Okay...that's it. I'm not sure of any particular pairing's victor, but I know that I've personally enjoyed doing this and wish the best to all.

Cheers,
    D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    draw, trev, red, thanks to all of you for taking the time to give comments and crits. Very cool of you guys and exactly what I wanted to see happen in these threads.

Thanks for the crits on piece too, guys... I tried to go for a more subtle, "what the hell is going on here" vibe to the image, but I see now it may be too subtle. I'll kick it up a notch if I make it into the next round.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the comments guys,I appreciate it. All comments were valid yo,none were too harsh. I'll take them in and be better in my next work.

Yo spartan,thanks man,I'm glad you see my peice for what it is. Its not that in your face demon prince...actually,he is a good prince,but was dubbed the demon due to the disfigured face under that mask...hence the mask...I was trying to go for something a little more than the typical demon pic. No offence to those who did that type of pic.

R'john

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the crits people

although i have no idea what feather hyver is giving me, or what fish i apparently gave to draw...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    form - the feather is a kindof kudos to put on your hat.. as in welldeserved and something to show off. knowing your work pretty well, i think you made a good effort with your TD piece there, conveying something of epic magnitude isn't easy, and i just wanted to give you a civilized asspat for that.
    i'll c+c your piece more thorough in your sb or in chat. or in real life

disclaimer: i'm sure there's LOTS of people who deserve feathers in this round of the thunderdome, but obviously i don't know everyone's work that well...

WEED TORTURE WIN
    www.hyver.com -()- sketch thread

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn that piece of marko is sooooo mighty! (can't find a good word for it)
    I just don't know what to say...
    Salah is also strikin back hard, i look forward to see who wins this round
    of them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.