Art and Soul, collection of scalps (digital work update ) - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Heya Hylandr2

Hiya hylandr2 glad to see your post and glad that you like the pencil work also.

I have heard that the frazetta museum was a bit hard to find.I don't know why this is, I've never been as of yet. Maybe it's just to make sure that hardcore fans are the only ones that will show up. Sounds as if you and your wife had a nice day. Thanks for letting me know, its the only way I find out anything about the place.

Mrs Ellie intimidating? Thats the first time I've heard about that. She is a businesswoman and she does run the museum so she can be kinda tough. Heck she won't even let Frank have a key to his own museum, LOL. She's afraid of him repainting some of his famous paintings.

I think I'm going to try to make a trip to the Frazetta museum next summer or fall. It's all about the money, I'll have to save up.

Thank again for the info on your trip, see ya, Bruce

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hmm your pencil work is not even close to being up to par with ur paintings.
    i dont really understand why.
    just soemthing i noticed.
    i see ur a fan of the jaguar god by frazzeta

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this is unrelated but i gotta know...is that doctor strange love in your avatar?

deprived me of my coil

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    manslauter Hi,

Yep I was a fan of jaguar god. mainly because of the covers. When Simon Bisley sighed on to do these comics that was just more icing on the cake. I didn't like the direction its started to go though and it looks as if I wasn't alone. The comic died out.

Man there are so many different opinions here. I'm glad to hear all of them. There are some post that like the pencil work over the paintings. I'm happy with all of the post and just glad that people tell me what I need to work on.When I'm working on either a painting or drawing I tend to become blind to what needs to be focused on to get better.The members of CA are helping with that.
    So you like the paintings over the pencil drawings, well to each his or her own. It's one reason why theres chocolate and vanilla and rasberrycream

Beyond the forest, that would be a yepper one of my alltime favorites.

Bruce

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awesome, you don't meet many people who know who dr strang love is

i forget, what member of the cast of the goon show played him?

Harry Secombe
    Michael Bentine
    Peter Sellers
    or
    Spike Milligan

Peter Sellers right?

have you ever heard of the goon show?

deprived me of my coil

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Pluto
    I have heard that the frazetta museum was a bit hard to find.I don't know why this is, I've never been as of yet. Maybe it's just to make sure that hardcore fans are the only ones that will show up. Sounds as if you and your wife had a nice day. Thanks for letting me know, its the only way I find out anything about the place.

Mrs Ellie intimidating? Thats the first time I've heard about that. She is a businesswoman and she does run the museum so she can be kinda tough. Heck she won't even let Frank have a key to his own museum, LOL. She's afraid of him repainting some of his famous paintings.
    Yeah, it was nearly impossible to find. There is a stone pillar on the side of the road and a dirt drive way. You turn in and then there is another pillar that says "museum". As we were driving through his estate to find the museum, my wife looks at me and says, "They aren't going to find our bodies, are they?" It was somewhat surreal. Mrs. Ellie said that she doesn't advertise or put any signs up because she wants to maintain some semblance of privacy and this way, only the real fans and those interested show up.

As far as intimidating, I noticed that most of Frazettas woman are voluptuous. No skinny broads there anywhere. I asked her is Frank was a fan of renasaince art due to the way he draws his woman. I thought she was going to kick my ass. She started with the "woman this way are real." Supermodels today kill themselves they are so skinny", etc, etc.

If she started hitting me with a broom, I was running away. The wife could fend for herself. LOL

The museum was small. It's worth the stop. If you were doing a museum tour, definitely hit it. If you are flying all the way from Texas....ummm...I wouldn't...

Whatever you do, don't look at my Sketchbook and Painting Thread!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi beyond the forest,
    Yep there aren't very many folks here that will know about Dr.Strangelove. But there are a few.
    Peter Sellers was excellent in that movie. don't know if anyone else could have pulled it off.
    Nope, I don't know anything about the goon squad. But I am willing to listen and learn

hylandr2, LOL, that was a very funny comment from your wife. I have heard that the museum is well off the beaten path.
    As for as your question to Mrs. Ellie, seemed harmless enough. All I can think of is its just a natural defence reaction and your question may have taken her by surprise. You know everyone has critics whether from jealousy or whatever. Frazetta ( and his family) have had to deal with them for years, can you belive that? Your question may have caught her off guard, though you didn't mean any harm.

Well, we're preparing for hurricane Rita down here. Her projected path, my back door. It's starting to get a little crazy. Saturday morning is when its supose to arrive so we're starting to get things in order. I was wondering if the Frazettas had a spare room I could rent in the museum. I promise I'd leave all the paintings alone, hehehe......

thanks for your post hylandr2 and beyond_the_forest, see ya, Bruce

Last edited by Bruce Pluto; September 20th, 2005 at 12:41 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

one of 3 TR

Hello CA.org members'
    I'm wanting to get maybe a couple or so of the unfinished paintings photographed (digitaly) and recorded and placed on a disc just so I will remember that I'd done them.
    Hurricane Rita is on the way so we are getting prepared. I can't take everything so some of the paintings will have to stay. The one below will remain at the house and be at the mercy of the winds. It's an unfinished "Tomb Raider" painting and its fairily large (bout 30x40). I got a little lazy and didn't finish the foot before moving on to another painting so it remains undone and unvarnished. Thems the breaks.

see ya,Bruce

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Rita,Rita,Rita

Hello everybody,

Got back to our home turf a few days ago and yes we did have damage at our place. The house is liveable and the paintings that were left behind are undamaged. Roof damage and the fence around the back was a total lose. Missing some pretty big trees too. We did fair better than others though and I'm looking forward to getting back into putting up some new artwork as soon as I can.

Drawing and painting are one of my favorite things and I've missed not being able to do any. House, property and family come first though. As soon as I get things in order I hope to be drawing again. To the folks at the FFF, I miss you guys maybe something will come up.

Bye for now, Bruce

On the fringes of "acceptable" observation and commentary.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Glad to know your life wasn't totally trashed by Rita, and that you are safe and sound!

Keep in touch while you clean up and resettle, hope you will be able to get back to painting and posting soon.

Take Care!
    ~Madster

Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional
    I am The Choosen One!
    Jason sez: Draw more from Life!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hiya Madster, thanks for the welcome back

Yep it will be nice to get back into the swing of things. Looking forward to talking to you and everyone soon as I can.

thanks again,take care, Bruce

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

kiss me I'm a prince

Adding one from a little while back.Hope you enjoy

BP

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Goodmorning everybody,

Been deleting some old files and I came across this detail shot of one of the above paintings. Its a bit of a better image so I thought I'd put it up. Take a look and see what you think.
    Bye Bruce

On the fringes of "acceptable" observation and commentary.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like your stuff, Bruce!
    This detail shows that the poor girl on the LH side, as viewed, appears to have a third breast under her right one, but lacking a nipple. The girl on the left suffers from some bad sciatica, And the leopard king looks a little "shell shocked" at all these deformed women at his feet...lol

But I sill like the colors and overall feel.

~M

Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional
    I am The Choosen One!
    Jason sez: Draw more from Life!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LOL madster,

Glad that you liked the detailed view of the painting (at least some of it )

a good thing about doing fantasy art is that you can paint or draw your humanoids with 6 feet, 2 heads, 10 arms or a tail. There aren't any rules.

Myself, I think Leopard King may be thinking of feeding the 3 boobed girls to the panther and oped to get some with 4 boobs but thats just me and my warped self Ha

thanks for posting,see ya, Bruce

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Forget the panther king, I wanna see hordes of toppless barbarian women all sprawled out on the jungle floor. I LOVE the way you paint your women.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hiya Odiferous Welp,

Glad that you like the wimmins,

Quote:" I wanna see hordes of toppless barbarian women all sprawled out on the jungle floor"

Sounds like an interesting idea for a future painting. It's just that its been done a few times before. Sounds fun though. If I think of something with a new twist I'll try it

thanks for your post, Bruce

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Jungle Girl

Hey guys,

This pic truly is a WIP. It's been sitting on the shelf a while and I am going to get back to it some day. It has some things I really don't like about it and some things I really do. Maybe my crits are the same as yours.

Odiferous Welp- here you go, Bruce P

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    2 art works from beyond the grave ( meaning not quite new) First up Tomb Raiders Lara Croft, digital colors over pencil

Next, a DD painting from 96

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    New post at the top of the page. I'll also be editing some others out later.

,Bruce

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Frankie on Holiday

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work. I like your Death Dealer images.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello Patch,

Thanks for your post. Glad that you like the Death Dealer images.

I'm looking forward to seeing your finished Santa artwork. The sketches look great.

I've just finished a couple of new pencils but wouldn't you know it my scanner/ printed died. It also has the port to load pics form my digital camera.
    Ooohhh well, good thing its close to Christmas. Maybe the Santa in your picture will see to getting me a new one and I wouldn't mind if his helper came along

see ya, Bruce

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Bmt

pencil from last week

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    just wondering one thing with this mouse trap, even though it´s a nice drawing and all, you might wanna consider which mouse has the cord on the opposite side of the button.
    of course u must have modified this just for the picture, so that the buttons more looked lite eyes or a front and the cord as the tail, but it makes it a tad strange picture. but a nice drawn one!

and of course, u can´t go wrong with the Death Dealer!
    cool amazons or ....well...girls

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

better mouse trap

Hello Chronic,

yep used a bit of artistic license on that one and you are correct on every point

Bruce

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sa

new pencil "Swamp Attack" wanted to put a little more action in this one.

BP

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

K of S I

I've been a fan of this movie a long time. Just a little tribute to KK and his homies. Hope the PJ movie is good. Heard it was.

Bruce

Last edited by Bruce Pluto; December 14th, 2005 at 04:35 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haha I like the mouse one, very cute. That's how I feel sometimes, at the computer all day. ; )

Are you inspired by Frazetta? Some of your paintings (the jungle men/women) have that feel to them...oh and as I scroll up and read, I notice there was already conversation about that, never mind. lol.

You also mention how a lot of your paintings are older...I'd love to see the improvement with some new ones, that's always fun. I think the soldier piece at the top could make a good paint, with the current political climate and all.

anyway, thanks for visiting my stuffs!

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Absence and booze.

There are no small sketchpads, just small artists.

The make-perfect button must come from within.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Kong revisited

Hiya Brownie, thanks for coming by.

Glad that you like the mouse pic.

Frazetta influenced? That would be a yep.I have lots of influences. Some on this very board. I have studied the man (Frazetta) and others. Looking to see where they get so much punch power in their art. Thats a long road and I've just started but part of the fun is the journey to get there. Mayhaps I never will, but I will try.

Yes I have some newer paintings. Don't know if they're much better than the ones posted. If I get some good pics of them I'll post 'em. My paintings are all acrylics. I'd love to do oils but I'm still fighting with them. I do my paintings in a small workshop behind our house. It does not have any A/C so its gets very hot during summer or like a freezer in winter. Paintings will have to wait for now till it gets a tad warmer.

With this post is an update to the Kong pencil. Just wanted to throw some more junk in there.

Thanks for your post BB, Bruce

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.