Thread: Socom 3

Thanks

Socom 3

I don't know if anyone is fired up for this game more than me. I've played the first two SOCOMs online since it all started. It's the best PS2 game (as far as replay value) out there. So far, it's been a stagnant year for games in my opinion, but between this and the new Zelda game, I'll be busy for awhile.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I would have to say that Socom 2 was *almost* a system seller for me (as in, I almost went out and bought a PS2, network adapter, headphones, and Socom 2) but the online play was SO laggy that I didn't go to all that trouble. I am pretty fired up about the game though, really looking forward to the amazing gameplay the first two had, and I'm excited to see what they have expanded on to make it even better. I do hope they fix some of the closer combat issues and the lag, but everything else was so spot on amazing that it is probably one of my favorite games out there.

If you don't have a DS I would suggest investing in one. The many great titles for it will make you poo yourself :-P (Kirby, Meteos, Zookeeper, Warioware). It's kept me busy for a few months while waiting for the new games to hit shelves.

Thanks
    I recently met the lead CG animator for SOCOM3. They're terribly excited about the new game as well as what they'll be pushing for PS3.
    There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    COMES OUT TOMORROW!!!!! I can't freakin' wait!

Thanks
    WOW! I got this game last night and it's freakin' awesome. I recommend anyone who has played the SOCOM series to get this one. It's gonna be so much better! It is a little hard to get used to some of the changes, but it will be worth it. You have to enter a credit card number (no charge to play) to be able to join clans and have a rank, etc. I think that will keep kids off of it and be more competitive. The maps are amazing! I went 15-8 in my first round. Customizing an M-14 is gr-r-r-reat

Thanks
    SERIOUSLY, how can no one else be into this game? There are 40,000 people online at any time. Someone on this site has to play this game, and if you don't, you should!

Thanks
    Do you have to be on-line to play this game? Also, do you have to use that goofy headset thing? I've never played any SOCOM game before, but from what I've seen of the 3rd one, I may pick it up. Lastly, is this game a lot of hiding like Metal Gear or do you constantly blow crap up?
    Thanks.

Thanks
    You can play online or the single player game. I have all 3, and this one has the best single player mode in my opinion. You don't have to use the headset for either mode, but I HIGHLY recommend it for online play. What's so great about online play is that it's always a different game. As far as being like MGS, it's not really like it. Firstly, you have 3 guys that you command. Secondly, you probably don't want to "run and gun" your way through levels (unless you don't care about stats or running out of bullets). I don't know that I'd buy it unless you are planning on playing online. Go with 1 or 2 because you can get it for $10-20 at a gamestore.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hayeske
    Go with 1 or 2 because you can get it for $10-20 at a gamestore.
    Didn't even think of that. Thanks!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.