Thanks

Art and personality?

Here is an experiment in which scientists attempt to link art-preference with personality types...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbo...d/surveys/art/

My favorite art style was impressionism, and ..
    People who were more agreeable tended to prefer Impressionism and Japanese art

Of course it also slightly depends on the examples of the art styles they show...
    -I am my imaginary friend.

- omg ftw teh sketchbook -Updated 28-01-2005- w00t pwn3d

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    heh, I got impressionism too. The bastards also implied it was because of my age ; P
    I gave the Sargeant image max on likes and talent. I suspect that had something to do with it.

I wanted to see more realistic stuff, I felt the test lacked a lot on that : (

Average extraversion, Average agreeableness, Average conscientiousness, Average emotional stability, Average intellectualism, High emotional intelligence. I got sick from reading the frase " They are somewhere in between." in each of the the 'average' ones. Three hip hoorays for apparently the most neutral, boring-ass person in the world ; P

I wonder what school of psychology these guys are from. They don't seem very psychoanalytical.

Thanks
    Your favourite type of art is Abstract.

In the personality profile you had a high intellectualism score, which suggests you like to think about abstract ideas and have a creative imagination.

People who are the same age and sex as you are most likely to prefer Impressionism. People who also score highly in your dominant personality trait are most likely to prefer Impressionism.
    Well, can't argue with the intellactuality (), and I certainly prefer abstract forms like Bauhaus in particular to traditional landscapes and portraits. The personality test is pretty accurate, on the whole, but I'm not a great fan of impressionism so the age assumption is a little vague in that respect. Oh well, law of averages..

Thanks
    Your favourite type of art is Impressionism.

In the personality profile you had a high intellectualism score, which suggests you like to think about abstract ideas and have a creative imagination.

People who are the same age and sex as you are most likely to prefer Impressionism

People who also score highly in your dominant personality trait are most likely to prefer Impressionism

--------------------------------------------------------

what can i say, i like sargent... and they had a lot of crap in their samples

Thanks
    Your favourite type of art is Japanese ukiyo-e.

That's not generally true, I just happened to like those particular ukiyo-e prints.

I'm not gonna argue with that!

0kelvin
    www.WhereIsMyEyeball.com My portfolio! Go check it out!
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Your results

Your favourite type of art is Japanese ukiyo-e.

People who are the same age and sex as you are most likely to prefer Impressionism

People who also score highly in your dominant personality trait are most likely to prefer Impressionism
    Well duh. Nothing new here. Doing that test was more interesting than the results. Writing down my feelings towards pictures got me thinking though.

Thanks
    "Your favourite type of art is Impressionism."

uhh no, but i happen to like it. What a limited range these guys have.

"In the personality profile you had a high agreeableness score, which suggests you are keen to understand others’ feelings and put people at ease. "

I'm more of an average. That could mean I really don't know myself.

Thanks
    Cubism for me. Though I thought I scored high for impressionism. mmmm
    There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    Yeah, i thought i scored high on cubism and got japanese prints. I think the test uses the personality test scores to decide what i should like. And here i need a shifty eyes smilie.

Thanks
    Your favourite type of art is Impressionism.

Your personality profile suggests you are more focussed on practical matters than abstract ideas.

lokk into my sketchbook and you will see that this test does say nothing....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilaekae
    "Art is the physical result of your soul battling with your intellect to the death...with a sharp pencil..."
    THE AUSTRIAN SKETCHLORDS
    Baron Carnifex
    Duke Corky