Thanks

What kind of artist do you consider yourself? I guess the question would be..

what do you really love drawing/painting..? or would love to do?
    I know lot of people here dont like putting labels on themselves but I just want a general idea of what part of art inspires you.

Im going for classical fine arts..just started a year ago seriously..so im pretty fixed in what i want to do..I have been drawing consistenly from boooks, real life, other artists.etc etc..I like every aspect of art and can appreciate other forms of art..hey i find a lot of inspiration in here..mainly because of the use of imagination which i think most fine artitst lack..they are set on painting reality and they keep doing that forever even though they master the fundamentals..
    but I think I mainly like capturing an expression, a moment something that tells me what the people, thing ,animals were doing..I like the narrative part of art. I can see the beauty in a still life, a well painted nude, a landscape , a portrait (that to me is student work)..but when I see a narrative painting by raphael, a titian a rubens , sargeant's murals ,etc..Im really moved..I see something the artist conceived in his head and use all the power and knolwedge he got from nature put forth nto his creation..that is what I like..
    I dont know yet which part of art pushes me..have no clue..but throughout history some artists have fell in love with light, people, animals, landscapes, etc etc.
    I admire the great Illustrators, like rockwell, and frazetta, which although is not the direction i want to go it is also a source of inspiration... Some people are Illustrators and switch to fine art or work in both.., I have seen in these board a caricaturist who works on fine art once in a while, but I just want to know deep down what is your passion in art..(I know, I would love to paint nude women for the rest of my life hehe.)
    so what kind of artist are you and what is your muse? hehe..
    I want to be a painter/muralist and if I can sculpt something I'd give it a try..
    Last edited by the_allejo05; August 1st, 2005 at 11:58 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    At the moment I'm a hobby artist, with a contract job, whou would like to get into more paid work in the future.

I like drawing mechs, armor, powerarmor, tanks... you get the picture. I also like drawing people and faces, but I'm not really good enough at that. Yet.

Es fließt durch meine Venen, Es schläft in meinen Tränen
    Es läuft mir aus den Ohren, Herz und Nieren sind Motoren

Thanks
    I'm the same as you are Allejo. I hope to be trained in the classical arts as well. I enjoy drawing/painting reality itself. Whether it be people, trees, animals, etc. I enjoy it more than making up robots, imaginary characters, etc.

Thanks
    I'm a lazy artist who spends far too much time posting in the lounge.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    I'm a lazy artist who spends far too much time posting in the lounge.
    Took the words right outta my mouth dogfood lol....
    ~Lover~

Thanks
    i'm a writer and i think more of an 'arteest' then anything else. I mainly illustrate my writing, and keep up with a few art competitions. I really dislike illustrating as work, only because i dislike having someone tell me to revise a hundred times, just to have to scrap the idea and start over.
    My work: [link]

Thanks
    I just can't get anything right, but i can hold a pencil. So that's what i do, i hold it & swing it around any chance i get. Don't know for certain what i'm looking for, or what i'm going to do 5 years from now. I just keep going. Does it bother me? Yes. Can i change it? No.
    Btw I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THE THUNDERDOME! I know my first opponent will probably eat me alive, but so what. Still fun! I want a metalhead smilie right now. Oh, whatever.

Thanks
    The reason I've gotten into art is I'd rather make money making drawings than work at Burger King or Circuit City or another of those types of jobs. I think that if I didn't have to work or need the money I would live on a farm, sit on the porch with my lazy old dog, chewing on one of those wheat grass things that they always show hicks chewing on in cartoons. If I didn't need to push myself then I wouldn't, but I'm not completely sure that's true since I can't test it. The types of artists I like are Winsor Mccay, Maurice Sendak, Shel Silverstein, I'm into cartoon type art. I like caricature too, always got a kick outta sidewalk caricaturist's.

Thanks
    it's too hard to write in english for me what I feel and think. but what you said, allejo, gets pretty close.

Thanks
    Concept artist, thats what I get paid for - the anatomy studies and everything else I learn is to help me be as good a concept artist as possible.

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,789 Posts
    I don't know what the hell I am...

My entire house is a studio/reference library/workshop that my wife has gotten used to over the years. I think she enjoys pretending it's Europe in 1943.

My eyes face the wrong direction, so I'm a surrealist. Other than that, anything goes...if it can be smeared with paint, taken apart, put together, bent, woven, scribbled on, wrinkled, glued, molded, or torn, I'll play with it.

Thanks
    Crappy artist who doesn't care enough to improve...

And yet art is my life...

crap...

Thanks
    i do art for fun, but i might get an education in it...

personally i like things more from the imagination. when i see a portrait or still life, i see the person's skill and style, how that artist interprets what he sees. not the moment captured. i think if you really want to "capture" something accurately, take a photograph.

Thanks
    some say you can capture more with paint then with a photograph. real paint is real pigment, it glows, it lives, a photograph is fully 2d and may be "correct" but cannot always keep up with what a painting can express.
    but that's another discussion, let's stick to what allejo asked for here

Thanks

What kind of artist do you consider yourself? I guess the question would be..

A pretty lazy one, thats bad at what he does.