Thanks

See a lot of Hummers on the road? Do the salute!

Some friends we were having dinner with told us about this site. It's hilarious.
    Mark Hannon
    Art Direction & Design
    Online Portfolio

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I agree, the only true Hummer is the military issue variety, you must admit, though, that car salesmen are slick in selling the civilian variety to people. Waste of gasoline and money, those chrome monstrosities are nothing like the real thing, although the suspension is nice.
    ----------------------------------------
    Sans la colère. Sans la haine. Et sans la pitié.

I always find myself instinctively arrayed on the side of the barbarian, against the powers of organized civilization. -- Robert E. Howard

Writer, illustrator and artist.

Thanks
    I dont see the point of paying over 60,000 on a civilian model hummer, when i can get a military issue from a military depo for 16,000. why would anyone want the civilian model? its an SUV at its finest, who needs leather seats...although i live in florida so air conditioning is a must. :nod:

Thanks

Lightbulb

Yeah, definitely, those things are just ridiculous.

I find it astounding that the Government have these tax breaks and loopholes for the biggest, heaviest and most polluting vehicles, yet it's all true... crazy stuff.
    It's not like 99% of the people who drive them actually need the space, power or strength that the Hummer may afford.

10 miles per gallon is nuts, too... our family car does an average of 35mpg (with air conditioning turned on) and seats 5 in comfort - and it's not even very new, so it doesn't have the latest, more efficient of engines.

Hummer drivers, I shake my fists at thee!

Thanks
    First off, I believe in the right of people to own whatever kind of vehicle they want, even if the vehicle is big, clunky and stupid, like the H2.
    Secondly, before I start flipping off Hummers, I'm going to think about the kind of people that own Hummers. There are two kinds; the kinds that have alot of money and don't care if they nail you because they're not going to get hurt AND they can lawyer they're way out of anything. The other kind is the power hungry person who loves the power, and if they're an angry driver and you flip them off, they could go into crazy berzerker road rage which could also result in a wreck.
    The point is, even as stupid as the H2 is, we drivers of little cars are screwed no matter what we do. So kick back, hit cruise, throw on some MF DOOM and keep on truckin'.

Thanks
    i'm glad that websites like this exist, I am really afraid of the way the world is going these days... fuck a hummer, and SUVs in general, for that matter....

Thanks
    i bought me a Tshirt... awesome site.
    My work: [link]

Thanks
    I agree...the military Hummers are SO awesome (I mean, if you're in the military. Not so good for the average consumer.), but the civillian version...BLEH! What a waste of fuel!
    "No, dude, you can't go in there. You got chicken karma." -Sifl & Olly

Thanks
    A Hummer isn't a Hummer unless it has an M2 or a Mk19 strapped to its sunroof.

I like SUVs...but I think I'll settle for a car instead.
    There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    There used to be a website that offered downloadable bumper stickers to be clandestinely placed on large SUVs that read:

"I'm changing the climate! Ask me how!"

Personally, I was always fond of leaving notes on the rear wiper of the H2 that simply read: "douchebag"

Living in LA you see a ghastly amount of those goddamn things, many with that ungodly yellow paint job, which coincidentally is often the color of the horizon on certain SoCal mornings. Conversely and reassuringly, there is also a high concentration of very fuel efficient foreign cars and a higher than average appearance of hybrid cars, such as the Toyota Prius. Thus continues the traditional dichotomy that is Hollywood; golfcart driving liberal nancy's, and street-tank piloting conservative jackasses. (that’s a complete generalization of course)

Bah, unfortunately there's no question as to who would win in a game of chicken..

See a lot of Hummers on the road? Do the salute! Vs. See a lot of Hummers on the road? Do the salute!
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed, The world in arms is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from an iron cross."

...I have a sketchbook?

Thanks
    maybe if the design inspiration for cars wasn't an egg they would sell more of them.

Thanks
    C'on, eggs took millions of years to evolve into the strongest possible form. It's also more aerodynamic than a sphere :p

H2s suxxor. Humvees suck in general. But then again, I really like that Toyota there and want a Mini Cooper (with those nice BMW engines). I don't get America's need for big things *shrugs*

Thanks
    Personally I don't care for the overall designs of american cars in general. Between the 30's and 50's they were awesome, but then went to crap.
    German car or bust.

-tiny
    Being stubborn towards humanity since 1982

Thanks
    I my Honda!! SUVs SUCK! My 7 year old car gets btwn 25 and 30 mpg... I despise the monster cars. Besides killing the environment, they kill people!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Road 7
    First off, I believe in the right of people to own whatever kind of vehicle they want, even if the vehicle is big, clunky and stupid, like the H2.
    Secondly, before I start flipping off Hummers, I'm going to think about the kind of people that own Hummers. There are two kinds; the kinds that have alot of money and don't care if they nail you because they're not going to get hurt AND they can lawyer they're way out of anything. The other kind is the power hungry person who loves the power, and if they're an angry driver and you flip them off, they could go into crazy berzerker road rage which could also result in a wreck.
    The point is, even as stupid as the H2 is, we drivers of little cars are screwed no matter what we do. So kick back, hit cruise, throw on some MF DOOM and keep on truckin'.
    hahaha.. that was great

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jetpack42
    maybe if the design inspiration for cars wasn't an egg they would sell more of them.
    Its a bit better then the cardboard box they used to inspire the design of the hummer.
    My work: [link]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cotron
    ... fuck a hummer, and SUVs in general, for that matter....

Don't forget some suvs are a bit smaller and somewhat fuel efficient. I drive a Mitsubishi Montero, a smaller suv that gets good enough fuel mileage. The thing is, in Idaho it makes sense to have a smaller suv, but how much 4x4 driving does one do in Los Angeles? Here there are mountains and enough snow in the winter that I had mine in 4x4 mode last winter. I am opposed to Hummers for their waste of fuel and that they are an unnecessary status symbol.
    ----------------------------------------
    Sans la colère. Sans la haine. Et sans la pitié.

I always find myself instinctively arrayed on the side of the barbarian, against the powers of organized civilization. -- Robert E. Howard

Writer, illustrator and artist.

Thanks
    I have no problem with people having SUVs who using them for what they are worth. In the mountains it makes alot of sense. However, I live in a suburb that never sees more than 3 inches of snow and it seems like most people drive SUVs. Makes me mad!

Thanks
    The funniest part is that the military is replacing the hummer with a more gas friendly hybrid (it beat all the old hummer records though).
    http://www.army-technology.com/projects/shadow/

Thanks
    fuck all cars, i bike!
    Self-improvement is masturbation, Self-destruction on the other hand....

Thanks
    I'd guess only 10% of SUV owners use them for what they were meant to. Except well, I can't really imagine anyone buying a mercedes SUV or a Cadillac pick-up and even pretending that they intend to use them as such. Come on, who would carry bricks and tole in a Cadillac pick-up?

Most Hummers I see are stopped downtown in the middle of the street during rush hour with hazard lights on because people who are dumb enough to drive a hummer downtown don't care if they block traffic while their gf is at the corner store getting a pack of cigs.