lions den

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: lions den

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think that first is paint ower some screen shoot, wich left angle too wide.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i wouldnt worry about color for a while. i would consintrate on getting th proportions right and the muscels right. try drawing some body builders.

On the fringes of "acceptable" observation and commentary.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't see anything to suggest "lions," whatsoever. You really should try to have the title somehow visually agree with the work.

The second piece is just silly and confusing, from the goofy looking angle of the legs to the poor foreshortening/angle of the giant whats-it on/in front of the left arm.

Your usage of colors is good, if a bit too bright. You need to work now more on the subtleties of shading and value to help add some depth to your work. The interior wall surrounding the opening in the first one is far too bright for such a strong light source, and this shows the flaws in your brick and mortar work, distracting the eye from it's main focus, which should be the blue guy, whose head and face need better definition and detail.
    Also, is it just me, or does he have two right hands? The way he's holding that club looks REAL weird...

It's a good start, though, and looks to be an interesting concept.

~M

Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional
    I am The Choosen One!
    Jason sez: Draw more from Life!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

why I called it "Lion's Den".

I chose the name because I'm the new guy in this concept art club. When you're fresh meat you can usually get devoured by the wild animals. Judging from the critiques of my last two post I CHOSE CORRECTLY. HOWEVER, THE NAME IS NOT IMPORTANT IT'S THE WORK. I ONLY ASK FOR CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. I'M CURRENTLY ATTENDING THE ACADEMY OF ART UNIVERSITY I GOT AN 'A' FOR THE BEAST PIECE.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,670 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Madman
    I'M CURRENTLY ATTENDING THE ACADEMY OF ART UNIVERSITY I GOT AN 'A' FOR THE BEAST PIECE.
    Interesting... did you post looking for validation, or did the grade seem off to you?
    I don't know what the rest of your work is like, or that of the other people in your class, but I can tell you you wouldn't get anywhere near an A for that in any class of mine, and I'm a generous grader. I think the most disturbing thing is that the only element with any sense of form or dimension is his enormous, swinging package.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ..the only element with any sense of form or dimension is his enormous, swinging package.
    That was quoteworthy.

Here is a color theory tutorial by one of our own masters here at CA.Org. Your ability to paint surely beats mine, but I agree that you need to work on your anatomy and colors. And don't worry about winning art contests or any of that stuff. Here, your work speaks for you--not your awards or what your friend or relatives said about your work.

EDIT : I agree that, when you're painting casually, the name shouldn't really matter.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.