Greetings...and help(anime)! (IMAGE INTENSIVE)

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

First of all hello everybody. I'm not sure if this thread goes here, feel free to move it if it doesn't. I've been working on a japanese anime/disney style movie for quite some time. It's being written as a 90 minute movie, and we have just completed a trailer script for it. I need concept artists in a bad way, so I thought I'd ask around at concept art boards (I'm a 3d guy mostly but I do paint). I mostly need storyboarding, environment, vehicle and matte paintings. In particular, there are a few scenes where I need detailed paintings to cut up and composite with 3d elements. Even if you can only contribute one drawing then disappear forever, it would still be appreciated and credit will always be given. This is not for profit (yet), though with the trailer script done and a storyboarded movie, I would consider pitching this to other studios (I do not want to get ahead of myself so the main objective is getting the trailer script done first, without worrying about pitching it). So, if you do contribute something, please tell me how much you would charge for it if it got to that point( a long ways off for sure). I do intend on keeping a small team because it's less complicated that way. I'm pretty excited about it because it's come a long way since it first started and things are starting to come together.

As an artist, I think there are some things that you could really sink your teeth into and have fun with.

A little about the movie:

In this supernatural science fiction saga, A new disease spreads fear, chaos, hate and paranoia across the world. A degenerative condition causes people to become increasingly violent and spiral into madness. The government has one theory. The Church has another. The two clash in a war that will ultimately reshape the future of mankind.

In this world, ultimate evil can be personified and the rules of death, dying and the afterlife are nothing like you think.

The setting is kind of like Ghost In The Shell or Akira with a more urban influence with cyberpunk overtones.

please email me at info@ecreativityworks.com if interested.

A few of the characters:

Characters

Simeon Rockwell

Some events cannot be explained and some mysteries defy explanation, and even as a detective, Simeon Rockwell cannot solve his troubles alone. A constant feeling of déjà vu haunts his life, and madness creeps into the fringes of his humanity. As his mood swings ever more violent by the day, it curiously seems to mirror world events, and violence is reaching near epidemic proportions across the world. Time is ticking against Rockwell as he races to solve one of the greatest plagues of mankind, or is it a plague at all or more of a state of mind?

Satia Niall

Though her outer beauty still shines, the pain of life has battered her soul on the inside. She lost her husband to a violent crime, and as the jazz singer at a local nightclub, her sultry voice carries the notes of love lost to her husband, wherever he may be. One day perhaps, they will be reunited. Until then, she uses her gift and her curse to help others in similar situations as her husband. Satia has been clairvoyant for as long as she can remember, and later in life learned to cope with the power of the images and the foresight that appear to her.

Nina Rahziya

If faith had a bullet, that bullet would be Nina Rahziya. She operates in the dark and in silence, with motives unknown to all but a few. Is all blood spilled for the worse? Faith has always carried a cross and a sword and her beliefs, and the beliefs of mankind will be tested to the limit. Religion and politics never did mix.

The Rhinocerous

It is in these times of increased rioting and crime that The Rhinocerous were formed. The Rhinocerous are an urban containment and riot control unit. They are run by a black book quasi government agency specifically to put down violent outburst by criminals and extremists, and are authorized and permissioned to use deadly force, and never negotiate or listen to demands.

Zero

There are some who believe Zero is literally the root of all evil. There are others who believe Zero is the beginning of a better age of mankind. The history of Zero is as old and murky as anyone in this generation can remember, but wherever he has gone blood has always been spilled, heroes made and the unjust vilified. The world events signify the beginning or the end but Zero is a constant in the equation of mankind.

These are some character renders, animations and other assorted shots. Most are works in progress. Some of these have been posted before, some not.

Animation: Satia Niall head turntable and morph test

Animation: Short jump test

Car model by Lewis

Last edited by Shade01; March 25th, 2003 at 02:26 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    about to hit the sack and don't have time to read your post but the images look AWESOME, I;ll read your post when i wake up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really awesome I wish I could contriubute with it. I would maybe do some story boarding or vehicles. Not sure, just gimme what you need and you can see if you like my artwork or not. So drop me a line at my e-mail . severith@animeseven.com

allright, hope I can help ya.

Really awesome project

An artist cannot fail, it is a success to be one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Amazing!
    looks like there is a lot of work to do! I really like the lighting on your characther concepts, and the car is cool.
    hope we get a preview soon

www.robertomarchesi.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    some nice work, I really like the city scape!! I can't read all that out, its just too much to read. whats anime gotta do with this?

Perfect Kay

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Drooling with anticipation. I really like the bare bones of the story and the characters. You've got lots of work to do tho. Hope you get all the elves you need to get this project rolling.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Weeeeeeeell, I had found all the artists I was looking for, but yesterday our environment artist broke his drawing hand(!) So, I'm looking for one or two more artists into industrial and environment design.

Since I first posted this, We have made good progress. All of our storyboards for the trailer are in and we are making the animatic and scoring the music. And, our movie is being written by a top notch industry vet screenwriter who has won major screenwriting awards and published scripts for radio and television. We are moving in the right direction! Come join us!

We need a government lab and a jazz club concepted out, with science fiction styling.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WOW!! i like it, very much reminds me of 'jet set radio' can't wait to look at some more stuff from ya babes!

Big fan of Anime and Manga!
    Can't draw to save my life!
    This site is very depressing cos i really can't draw but it's an ace site!!
    My crap work Shame someone took my dream username

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.