Thread: Wacom and linux

Thanks

Wacom and linux

I was wondering if anyone here uses a wacom with linux. I used to have a graphire a year or two ago, but the driver support for it was terrible on linux at that stage. I was unable to use any sensitivty in gimp or photoshop running in crossover. I noticed that a lot of new drivers popped up, and looks like progress is being made. Any ideas how that works these days? Im thinking about getting a new wacom, something bigger, and am not planning on switching to windows anytime soon. So if anyone has any ideas / experince with this, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any input.

greg

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hi there,
    Nice to see someone else using Linux! I have myself an Intuos tablet, and I am currently using it under Kubuntu Dapper Drake. Everything works just fine, although I haven't taken the time to test it with the Gimp just yet. Day to day tasks work perfectly however.
    I feel your stress, for a long time there the drivers were very hard to get working, but since Xorg 7 came out, Wacom is in the config by default (at least on Kubuntu). I have also just noticed this is a fairly dated post, but if by any chance you should read this look me up if you need some help getting things figured out! I might not know the answer off the bat, but I've gone through the motions enought times to be able to help.