Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: mario kart DS!!

Thanks

mario kart DS!!

ok people, i havent seen a thread here for mario kart DS yet, and while trying to keep calm, this game is looking and sounding so DAMN AWESOME!!! ^-^

this thread can be for people who cant wait for this game, and need to talk about it to keep their minds of it...
    and for people to start mingling with other DS and mario kart fans, to get ready for some intesne races and battles.
    and for people who dont know much about the game yet to learn how awesome this game will be ^-^

so, let it begin! i will grab some screens and info and stuff now

btw, im not sure if there are as many DS haters as there are nintendo/gamecube/revolution haters here, but please try to keep the flaming and trash talk to a minimum, this thread is just for us fans to get more excited ^-^ thanks.

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

(First rule of Pocket Club...)

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

info!

ok, heres some screens and info on mario kart DS.
    the screens may be a little old, im not sure.

mario kart DS!! mario kart DS!! mario kart DS!!

it looks even better in motion, but i cant find any recent videos right now, if anyone knows of any, please post them.

ok now some info:

- 8 player wireless LAN play, single-cart download.
    - 4 player wi-fi internet play, free.
    - both of above includes both races and battle modes
    - no lag at all on LAN and internet play. not sure if its 30 or 60 fps, i think its 60
    - in multyplayer, you can choose the same characters, so no rusing to get the best ones ^-^
    - to help the confusion, if more than one character is selected, each character has different colour schemes
    - also, each player in multyplayer has his/her name above the drivers head.
    - you can customize your cart by adding personal 'decals' that you design using the stylus.
    - 30 tracks in total, 15 new, and 15 'classics' from the snes, n64, gameboy advance and gamecube versions.
    - acording to NGC magazine (a popular and well respected indipendant nintendo magazine in the UK) says that it is very fast (faster than DD) and the controls are near perfect!
    - thats all i can think of for now, feel free to add other stuff

oh, and did i mention this game is gonna rock my socks ^-^

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Thanks
    hey cartoonfox, you just got me re excited about this game, looks awsome

dunno if you agree but my DS hasent really grabbed me 100% yet, mario 64 and warioware are the only two decent games we have in europe right now, dont you think? and i already made my way through one of em afew years back, i knew there would be the "lets make a game for release" phase but i also thought we may get games like metriod a bit earlier (the demo was fun but dam that timer), saying that after metriod and mario kart hit, i think my opinion will pick up.

but anyway lets not take the thread away from what its ment for

the games looking good, cant wait to see WiFi in action, we must play sometime, get some more CA folks in on it

ps - the only thing making me doubt i ll be playing or even getting this early in its release is the release of Twilight princess if we get it that early ........

anyway looking forward

-shin

Thanks
    sorry just read the last post

GamerTrailers has some good videos not very recent though http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=692

cheers

-shin

Thanks
    I wish I knew people who owned DS's so I could play something like this with them...

Thanks
    I'll be crankin' this up online the day it releases : ] ------- Between this, Nintendogs and Animal Crossing my live shall be consumed by DS this fall.

Thanks
    i'll meet you guys on luigi's circuit. i'll prolly get pwnd in all the other tracks tho. only have DD down right now. haven't played snes/n64 versions in years. never touched gameboy ones. bring it on
    polylover.com

Thanks
    OH yeah!

Finally some more Nintendo lovers. It seems we're dying breed.

Does any one know which version it'll play like? There's a lot of difference betweent he N64 version and the Cube version, and personally I find the Cube version a lot better. I'm just referring to stuff like, falling off the edge and just being put back on, instead of starting from wherever that dropped you.

And just a warning, I'm going stomp all who comes my way. WiFi beware!~cough~

1. New Mario game for the DS
    2. Mario Kart DS
    3. Animal Crossing
    4. Advance Wars DS
    5. Katamari Damacy
    6. Age of Empires 2
    7. Metriod
    8. Nintendogs
    9. Viewtiful Joe DS
    10. Castlevania DS

...Just give me a minute, I have to breath.

Ok, who's ready?

Thanks
    hey hugeharhar, im not sure about stuff like when you fall off the edge, but apparentley the controlls are almost 'inbetween' the snes, n64 and gamecube versions. its hard to explain, but thats what i heard, the controlls are good thats all i know ^-^

cool to see others here, by the time its released, we'll should have a nice DS online comunity allready ^-^

and aesir, did you not see the "4-player wi-fi online play"? just get yourself in a wi-fi hotspot and you can play all us guys ^-^ and its free too!

one thing i forgot to mention, i think its coming out around november, at least in the UK, maybe a bit earlier in japan and US.

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Thanks
    Well regardless of how it plays, I'm getting it the day it comes out over here.

I've been wondering about the amount of unlockable stuff they're going to have this time. I noticed a pattern, each new game got more and more, it would be nice to follow the pattern.

But I think having 30 tracks is insane regardless. I mean DD only has 16, and I believe the other games are some where around that.

I'll meet you guys on the Ghost Track!

Thanks
    Oooooo I can't wait. Got to play it at e3 (the only game I could get my hands on ...) It was sooooo awsome. Seriously can't wait till it comes out. You guys are all on. >: P

Thanks
    :huuuge bump:!! ^_^

ok this game comes out in 2 weeks in the US, and 3 weeks in the UK!!!!
    if you havent checked it out in the past few months, DO IT NOW!! check IGN for movies and shit, this game is looking so fucking gob smackingly awesome!! seriosly. anyone who loves mario kart NEEDS this game. period!
    and the fact that it has free online Wi-Fi play... yes, FREE!! is just the icing on this fucking delicious huge cake!!! ^_^

i dont want to say much more, cos i cant be bothered, just check out the stuff on IGN and other sites if you havent allready,,, and if you have, then post your excitement here!

i look forward to playing (and beating ^_^) you guys very soon...

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Thanks
    cfox- oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh yeah.

....and no, I will krush thee. For real. I'll even do it with the "K".

Thanks
    just found out the Wi-Fi USB adapter only works with PC's! and apparentley they have no intentions of making on for Mac's (i emailed NOA)
    this sucks!
    i dont live nar any hotspots without having to get the tube first! and i cant afford a Wi-Fi router!
    looks like i wont be playing online in a while...

thank god the one player is amazing

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Thanks
    Oh....man...You we're the one person I was looking foward to stomping. I'll just have to re-hone my skills until we meet.

~TENSION~

Thanks
    does this use the touch screen to play in any way?

Man, the DS seems to be full of great games, but I don't ever play portable games.

I'll probably buy one when the pokemon game comes out though...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HugeHarHar
    Oh....man...You we're the one person I was looking foward to stomping. I'll just have to re-hone my skills until we meet.

~TENSION~
    lol, you WISH you could stomp me!
    i might be buying a cheap wireless router just for mario kart DS! if i do then i will be playing online. i say we use this thread or a new one to trade our 12 digit friend code thing. (or pm's)

hopefully i can get a cheap one, found one on amazon but i am low on money...

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Thanks
    Yeah I'm not even sure I can afford the game right now, but I'm working on it.

But trust me, I make bitches cry.

Yeah the new thread sounds like a good idea, if for no other reason to leave battle reports on how badly I....well, for good times.

Thanks
    hehe, i'll make a new thread once it comes out in the US. its tomorrow, right? or is it this friday?

anyway, i am gonna make you EAT those words, with a side order of green shell and then wash it all down with my exhaust fumes ^_^

CANT!WAIT!

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Thanks
    You'll both have to look out.. if my double dash skills takes over, you'll have to deal with "Interceptor, the blue shell dodger"
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    OK, ITS NOW OUT IN THE US!!!
    it comes out in the uk/europe the 25th

if anyone here has it post your thoughts and impressions. as soon as i get it and start playing online i'll make a new thread about meeting others to play online. unless someone wnats to make one now...

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Thanks
    Awwwww man!

I'm still to damn poor to buy it.

I'll be hunting you people down sooner or later.

Thanks
    hehe let me know when you get it!

anyone else got it yet? i know karactor is getting it tonight, and no doubt sammy has got it too! nero's master getting it soon... me getting it next friday... WHO HAS IT!!!! eeeeeh i wonna know what it's like!

man i cant wait for this, we guys need to have like a 4-player race, see who's the best of CA ^_^

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Thanks
    this game kicks some serious butt. it took awhile to get the controls down. i mean, it's all the same but you know how it is with the ds. you have to figure out how to hold it right for each game. find the sweetspot. at least for me anyways. must be my long fingers. anyways, the graphics are tight. they're like in between n64 and gamecube. the fps is amazingly fast in single and multiplayer. the controls are great after playing it a few times and figuring out the turbo drift turns. and they brought back the hop from the snes. on some maps, when you fall off, they don't put you back on track. you literally have to continue from where you fell, which kinda sucks. especially after playing double dash for the last 6 months. oh well. the powerups are fun. same ones as before plus a few new ones like the bullet which you just have to experience to feel it's power and awesomeness. and the ever annoying ink cloud attack from the squid in the underwater mario levels. the new maps are great. pretty good sized maps i might add. the ported maps are pretty fun too. nothing like playing baby park from DD on such a tiny screen, hehe. anyways, if you got it, i play as karacter. my friend code is: 197628 152492
    polylover.com

Thanks
    hehe, I've unlocked everything.... too bad I haven't been arround any WiFi lately ----- got on once, so here's my friend code: 455326 075972

Thanks
    SAMMY'S BACK!!!!
    dude as soon as i get this game (comes out this friday) we gota play!

oh and get back online, i miss you ^_^

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Thanks
    I GOT MARIO KART DS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

man this game is so damn awesome!!! been playing all morning and afternoon, i gota charge my DS now ^_^
    havent had a chance to get online yet, im gonna buy a cheap wireless router, hopefully it'll work and i'll be able to go online.
    man battle is my favourate mode right now, the balloon battle is awesome!!! too bad i dont have 7 other friends with DS' and too bad its not online.

oh well, im gonna charge my DS and then play more!!!!

*bounces*

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cartoonfox
    I GOT MARIO KART DS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

man this game is so damn awesome!!! been playing all morning and afternoon, i gota charge my DS now ^_^
    havent had a chance to get online yet, im gonna buy a cheap wireless router, hopefully it'll work and i'll be able to go online.
    man battle is my favourate mode right now, the balloon battle is awesome!!! too bad i dont have 7 other friends with DS' and too bad its not online.

oh well, im gonna charge my DS and then play more!!!!

*bounces*

peace
    Damn, sounds great, i'm hopefully getting a DS for xmas with mario kart, maybe ill play you then

Thanks
    Fox- dont think this headstart means you got a chance...sigh....

Thanks
    HA!
    i bet you bought it on US release and your practicing every second of the day, and then when i STILL beat you you'll just be like "uhhh,,, i only played it for an hour.." ^_^

see you on the track soon...

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast