Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Kittywolf13's Sketchbook ~May/06/09 OMG! NEW STUFF!!!~**Mild Nudity**

Thanks
    hey there, great stuff you've got posted, must also say I love the miyazaki style pieces you have not to mention your personal manga-style drawings. great job with the minimal line studies as well; to respond to your question the only place I can think of that has alot of good reference pictures for anatomy and such online would have to the the reference sub-forum under the photography forum here on CA. No idea if you've been there (if you have sorry and just disregard me ), but it's a great place I've used alot. anyway, great stuff once again.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I decided to go back and re-learn all of my basics, useing the loomis books and my Robert Peck book. I was getting really psyced about it but then the inevitable happened... my scanner officially died. at first it scanned everything, then it decided it didnt like color, now it just uploads a big black square instead of the picture. this makes me sad and frustrated as i wanted to get serious with my studies. (not that i still cant but i cant upload anything to show and ask for help on my progress.)

Well i had 5 pages of basic anatomy studies to scan and upload. over a period of a few days. but this is the only one that uploaded before my scanner died:

Kittywolf13's Sketchbook ~May/06/09 OMG! NEW STUFF!!!~**Mild Nudity**

this makes me very upset and has definatly put a damper on my artistic mood.

Anyone know how to take digital pictures of art that actually look good? all of mine come out blurry or discolored. as this is the only way i can possiably upload things

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Onir
    hey there, great stuff you've got posted, must also say I love the miyazaki style pieces you have not to mention your personal manga-style drawings. great job with the minimal line studies as well; to respond to your question the only place I can think of that has alot of good reference pictures for anatomy and such online would have to the the reference sub-forum under the photography forum here on CA. No idea if you've been there (if you have sorry and just disregard me ), but it's a great place I've used alot. anyway, great stuff once again.
    Thanks Onir! I didnt know about the reference sub forum. i will definatly check that out, as its probably another invalueable source for me. thanks for the kind words, which is something i need alot of. i'm the type of person who needs lots of support in order to succed.

Thanks
    If you're short on money and need anatomy resources the loomis books are invaluable, you should check out alot of the stuff at fineart.sk too, lots of good reference photos there you can use. The loomis mannikins look nice, and they help alot. One thing I don't see in your thread is life drawing, try it sometimes.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan1989
    If you're short on money and need anatomy resources the loomis books are invaluable, you should check out alot of the stuff at fineart.sk too, lots of good reference photos there you can use. The loomis mannikins look nice, and they help alot. One thing I don't see in your thread is life drawing, try it sometimes.
    Fineart.sk? is that a website as well? well i would have had some life studies to put up if my scanner didnt up and die. i had a few, 5 sheets to scan in, but then the scanner died...so it sucks. oh well i'll figure something out.

Thanks
    POST MORE PICTURES!!!
    I like your style! Your pics are gerat!
    Please dont'n let me get out of this pesure!
    See some pics on my page
    ~ Sorry, but the site is in german only ~

Thanks

Well the scanner is still broken...so nothing hand drawn..just digital stuff. this is a sketch i did, cause i'm trying to figure out a new haircut for me. i used an actual image an traced over it the basic body shape and face shaped, and then sketched in the hair...but i really liked the end result. nothing serious just a nifty little sketch that i thought id post.

Thanks

Well

Anatomy studies are very nice... I like Your style. It's unique. See You around girl..!
    I just saw the Jedi! You should probably look in there: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=51393
    You might like that...
    Last edited by Lovelock; September 21st, 2005 at 12:15 AM.
    Seen mine sketches..? Just look here: .:locked'lines:.

Thanks

Well, again...

I wrote that post really too fast. Later I just read everything, and watched all of Your pics here. Just finished by now.
    WOW.
    I just saw some progresses here, on the Concept Art, but I can see, taht You are growing in strengh Girl!
    I like miyazaki too. Cant wait to watch the "Flying Castle.." (Staying in Japan for a while: Your new haircut style reminds me of a Hideto..? Maybe its the colour... Know him..? ) I can see You play RPG, right? Star Wars, Deadlands, or somethin'..? I play a lot. I even started drawing because I needed characters for my sesions...

Now I got same problem. I HAVE to take some serious anatomy lessons. But its SOOOOO boring..!!! I dunno if I can do it..! Well, Im surely afraid of Dubpsychosis's threats , but I just need someone, who'll kick my ass more gentle way... So, maybe We could help eachother, huh..? Will be around.
    Bye..!
    Seen mine sketches..? Just look here: .:locked'lines:.

Thanks
    damn. you make getting better look easy. good job and good luck!

Thanks

So. HI! Howsya doin!

Thx for posting in my sketchbook like a million years ago!
    I think drawing from reference is great practice. So keep that up and draw other peoples caracters when you are low on imagination, just to keep drawing. Draw anything for like a hour a day, anything. thats like my standard tip..
    Now i feel so uncreative... darn..
    Nice thread and keep it up!
    Kitty... There is a quote from a jay and silent bob movie that just poped up in my head...
    "Bo bo kitty f"#k"
    Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

Thanks
    B-Man: Thanks those are some good tips, i really should draw more often. i usually only doodle in art apprectation class because my professor is sooooo boreing. and with my scanner broken, i've felt a little under-inspired to draw. but i must kick my butt in gear!!!

Tidal Lizard: I am? *stares at thread* i'm getting better? hehehe! thanks for the kind words Tidal lizard. i appreciate it! its what keeps me going.

Lovelock: Thanks for all the wonderful words of encouragment you gave me! its also nice to find a fellow miyazaki fan. i cant wait to see Howls moveing castle either. O_O its going to be soooooo cool! Nope i dont know who Hideto is...is he/she a j-rock/pop star? I play console rpg's, and online like on yahoo groups and other forums...what i call script rpg'ing...were i just go along with the story people make up. i dunno if you've ever done anything like that. i tried D&D but all the gm's i've ever played with were lousy...so untill i find someone whos cool...no D&D for me. I'm gald you think my style is unique that is a VERY encourageing comment, and i will check out that link now.

Must draw and post something later!

Thanks
    Well i said i'd return today with artwork and i did! and good stuff to boot!!! I buckled down and did one serious anatomy sketch useing Loomis's "Figure drawing for all its worth" and then i tried to draw an Alphonse Mucha image from a book i picked up which is about 70 drawings of his...most of them sketchs...

I did them in ArtRage because i wanted to do em in pencil but my scanner is broken so i had no way of scanning them in. So YES these are DIGITAL!

Took about an hour-ish

took about 2 hours and a half to complete this one...or less...give or take.

I really like these, now if only i could draw this kind of stuff free hand i'd be the happiest person in the world...well all i can do to improve is draw draw draw!!!

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast