Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Thanks

So. HI! Howsya doin!

Thx for posting in my sketchbook like a million years ago!
    I think drawing from reference is great practice. So keep that up and draw other peoples caracters when you are low on imagination, just to keep drawing. Draw anything for like a hour a day, anything. thats like my standard tip..
    Now i feel so uncreative... darn..
    Nice thread and keep it up!
    Kitty... There is a quote from a jay and silent bob movie that just poped up in my head...
    "Bo bo kitty f"#k"
    Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    B-Man: Thanks those are some good tips, i really should draw more often. i usually only doodle in art apprectation class because my professor is sooooo boreing. and with my scanner broken, i've felt a little under-inspired to draw. but i must kick my butt in gear!!!

Tidal Lizard: I am? *stares at thread* i'm getting better? hehehe! thanks for the kind words Tidal lizard. i appreciate it! its what keeps me going.

Lovelock: Thanks for all the wonderful words of encouragment you gave me! its also nice to find a fellow miyazaki fan. i cant wait to see Howls moveing castle either. O_O its going to be soooooo cool! Nope i dont know who Hideto is...is he/she a j-rock/pop star? I play console rpg's, and online like on yahoo groups and other forums...what i call script rpg'ing...were i just go along with the story people make up. i dunno if you've ever done anything like that. i tried D&D but all the gm's i've ever played with were lousy...so untill i find someone whos cool...no D&D for me. I'm gald you think my style is unique that is a VERY encourageing comment, and i will check out that link now.

Must draw and post something later!

Thanks
    Well i said i'd return today with artwork and i did! and good stuff to boot!!! I buckled down and did one serious anatomy sketch useing Loomis's "Figure drawing for all its worth" and then i tried to draw an Alphonse Mucha image from a book i picked up which is about 70 drawings of his...most of them sketchs...

I did them in ArtRage because i wanted to do em in pencil but my scanner is broken so i had no way of scanning them in. So YES these are DIGITAL!

Kittywolf13's Sketchbook ~May/06/09 OMG! NEW STUFF!!!~**Mild Nudity**
    Took about an hour-ish

took about 2 hours and a half to complete this one...or less...give or take.

I really like these, now if only i could draw this kind of stuff free hand i'd be the happiest person in the world...well all i can do to improve is draw draw draw!!!

Thanks
    Very nice, especially since it's digital. You picked out most of the 'off' stuff on the Loomis pick, I'd only add that her torso is too short compared to her legs. Easy proportion trick: measure with your fingers (or ruler) from her groin to top of head, and then from groin to bottom of her feet. It should be exactly the same distance. Right now, there's a good quarter of an inch difference between the two. Keep it up!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teigrob
    Very nice, especially since it's digital. You picked out most of the 'off' stuff on the Loomis pick, I'd only add that her torso is too short compared to her legs. Easy proportion trick: measure with your fingers (or ruler) from her groin to top of head, and then from groin to bottom of her feet. It should be exactly the same distance. Right now, there's a good quarter of an inch difference between the two. Keep it up!
    Thanks Teigrob!! I'll do that next time i do an anatomy study. I figured it'd be a little short because i couldnt adjust the canvas size...at least not change it from horizontal to vertical. But next time i do it, i'll definatly keep a ruler handy. i should buy myself a little metal ruler. thank you once again!

Thanks
    More Artrage stuff cause still no scanner. this time we have my character Crystal Ryhmes, in a much more realistic style. this was actually alot of fun to do, and also good practice with my realsim. she still doesnt look like a real person, but its waaaay better then what i started from, and really i used very little reference for the sketch, and most of it was for the lips and the general shape of the head. (both from Loomis) so yeah, tell me what you think? also give me a heads up from my last update as well, as i didnt get many comments on that one, and i really liked it. Thanks for looking and especially for commenting ahead of time.

Thanks
    just thought i'd bump it up...its hard to learn from my mistakes if no one points them out to me. *Shy grin* but yeah, i'll try and update again later tonight to make this more of a valid update.

Thanks
    My original character Tsunade done in a more realism style...her blue hair is her signature trait:

And then i just felt like useing a reference, so i found a pic of a model i had on my computer and decided to sketch her face....it came out alright. but her lips, chin and her face shape are slightly off...ignore the clothes or the umbrella cause i wasnt really paying attention to that. but other wise i like the eyes...i think i finally managed to get the eyes straight...whether there the proper width apart is a whole nother story...enjoy!

although she looks more ghetto then asian...oh well...i did something different. maybe her eyes are too big...stupid cartoon influence :^ ^;: oh well i still like it. and i had to start a whole nother photobucket acount because my other one filled up.

Thanks
    your stuff is rockin and thanks for the help

later
    Sic vis pacem, para bellum...(Latin)
    If you want peace, prepare for war

visit my Sketchbook

Thanks

Hey Kittywolf!

Just dropped by to see some of Your newest stuff. I like this Asian/Ghetto girl. She's cute. Leave her eyes, and don't change them! It looks really great like it is, I'm serious! She got this special, exotic asian look... Makes me wanna go to Tokyo a little...

Blue haired Tsunade looks good too, more realistic indeed.

KEEP IT UP GIRL!
    Seen mine sketches..? Just look here: .:locked'lines:.

Thanks
    some really nice lines going on here. I am a big fan of manga myself especially the capcom stuff........ keep it up.....
    GAGart[

Trifles go to make perfection, And perfection is no trifle.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53357

Thanks
    @ gibsini: The reason i love manga is how expressive it is. i love to express emotion in my art...so it only figures that i'd be attracted to the genere...i find it diffcult to stick to my traditional studies, and try to phase in and out of the manga thing after so long. Capcom rocks!

@ Lovelock: Thanks for all the kind comments, lovelock. i really appreciate em! we really should make a support group for each other. i'm glad you liked the asian girl. she was really cute so i chose her as my vicitm. hahaha I wasnt to fond of the Tsunade pic. but i'm glad you liked her too.

@ phoenixrising_10: Thanks for the awesome words of kindness. no problem about the helping you out thing...anytime.

No drawings still...still no scanner. i havent done anything worth wild in a bit. did an enviorment life study, but it really isnt all that good, but maybe i'll take a pic of it anyways...other then that. i've done an oekaki or two..but thats it. i'll get back to it soon.

i've managed to get a sketch group going in my town, so soon i shall have life studies to post. they'll just have to be digi pics of the actual product.

Thanks
    Nice Artrage stuff! It replicates real media very well, yes? I really like the stuff from reference, especially umbrella girl and the Loomis-referenced girl. You seem to have incorporated the expression that shows up in your manga stuff into the realism rather well.

Thanks
    Hey Kittywolf. Impressive sketchbook you have here. Glad you're posting so cinsistantly. I can see you love inventing and drawing characters, but let's see them in soe more backgrounds!
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Hello, Kittywolf13, I like how you draw faces, pretty smooth lines and very believable expression. My favorites are:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...tyle004_me.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...k/Nausicaa.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...headdoodle.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...enge_BW002.jpg

I like your anatomy studies too
    Sveta Dudetta

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast