Sketchbook: Kittywolf13's Sketchbook ~May/06/09 OMG! NEW STUFF!!!~**Mild Nudity** - Page 5
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Kittywolf13's Sketchbook ~May/06/09 OMG! NEW STUFF!!!~**Mild Nudity**

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What did you use on the second one of those digital pictures? It looks nice, but feels overly soft. I think the rest of it could use some incorporation of hard edges, like you did for the eyes, which look much more solid.

Random idea, we should have a SSG OC party!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Post more >_<

(not like I'm one to talk)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you got some pretty cool drawings but only mild nudity.............sike it was a cool sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm not dead yet!! Just had major computer problems...as in all 4 computers that we own died within a week. Still no scanner, but should have a brand spankin new computer within a week or two...as the parts are here, just need to build it.

After that i will see about uploading some new art.

So sorry guys for my absence.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Finally got my new computer up and running...sort of. but at least i have a graphics tablet for the time being and i can draw again. so i did some anatomy practice! YAAAAAAAAAAAAY! i was over at Eatpoo.com and there was a link for a newb's guide and i decide to read it...i chose to do two things it stated. 1.) never use a white canvas and 2.) start with black and white and go from there to color. so hence this:

The tan background is definatly easier on the eyes too. i hope someone likes this. C&C away. Oh! I used Peck's "Atlas of Human Anatomy for the Artist." the page numbers are on the actual image. if yah cant read em ask.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh and this was ArtRage 2.2 and sorry if its huge...i dont have adobe yet to re-size things.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Wertle
    What did you use on the second one of those digital pictures? It looks nice, but feels overly soft. I think the rest of it could use some incorporation of hard edges, like you did for the eyes, which look much more solid.

Random idea, we should have a SSG OC party!
    which image are you refering to exactly??

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    glad to see you back and working. the study looks very nice. lots to learn in it. from anatomy to looking at the value of light of the figure instead of the form when you are drawing. Keep at it. It's looking like you are doing good with the tablet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good studies, especially the sitting figure, keep them up!!

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Yeah! more pics!!! go me!!!

More Anatomy practice:

This time males. the one on the left is with a reference...the one on the right without.

and then some stuff i drew for the fun of it:

Supoused to be me with a Nerf Dart Gun. XD its great fun!!!

But it doesnt look like me. :/

And then just a danceing girl:

i left the lines in hopes of showing my process or something...so that people could nit pick me.

I'm off to bed because tommorow i have an interview for a type setting postion.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yay, anatomy studies You should add in a ton of selp portraits, they'll help you familiarize yourself with drawing faces a ton. Keep it up, good to see you posting again!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Danomight
    Yay, anatomy studies You should add in a ton of selp portraits, they'll help you familiarize yourself with drawing faces a ton. Keep it up, good to see you posting again!
    thanks for all the friendly comments.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Must get back into drawing...but for right now i will show you some of my photography that i every so often dabble in. i dont have a fancy camera, just a sony cybershot. and other then the text and and borders, these images were not altered with. the ones that are highly saturated in blue, was due to my camera and the overcast day. it was pretty cool.

so here we go:

This is a series of photograghs of the B-17 "Aluminum Overcast" an old war plane that was on exhibit at my local airport. my boyfriend and i took over 70 pictures of the old bird, and this is a small selection of my favorites:

These next two pics are ones that my boyfriend took, but i wanted to share them for two reasons...one there really nice, and two the cockpit photo is by far my favorite piece out of the entire series...frankly i gave him credit, but i wasnt sure who actually took the picture. i might have.

And then some misc ones that i just did on a whim on random days.

I hope you enjoy!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok so just because i dont have a scanner doesnt mean i havent been drawing. So heres a mess load of images that i've done. there all sketchs...most are anatomy practice, a few just plain doodles and some are concept ideas. I'll try to put them in order from oldest to newest:

Detail of the blurry part:

these are from the other day, referenced from an elle girl magazine:

And this is an image i did tonight, working on it for my significant other for V-day:

I know i need a lot more work on cars. ;_;

Enjoy the update

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh and btw i was useing my camera because i dont have a scanner.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ...currently working on the Chevelle

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Progress on the Chevelle:

Yes another thing i seriously need help on (besides cars in general) is inking...feel free to add your two cents in. so this is the inked version. i have yet to decide whether i will crosshatch it...shade with a pencil...or shade with charcoal. any suggestions?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    no comments...sheesh other then drawing, drawing, drawing....i could benifit from som C&C

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow , so i missed some updates! great work nice variety in sketches. The car is looking nice, the only crit you probably already see the line quality is shaky and dead.. but thats what practice is for huh?as far as shading.. have you thought of using some prismas? just an idea. Keep up the good work

edit* what are you inking with? the perspective also looks like it could be a little wonky but if its from a photo it could just distortion. If reference was used try and post in and I'll see what C&C i can muster.
    nway keep truckin

Last edited by Victor B; February 14th, 2006 at 10:27 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by vctr
    Wow , so i missed some updates! great work nice variety in sketches. The car is looking nice, the only crit you probably already see the line quality is shaky and dead.. but thats what practice is for huh?as far as shading.. have you thought of using some prismas? just an idea. Keep up the good work

edit* what are you inking with? the perspective also looks like it could be a little wonky but if its from a photo it could just distortion. If reference was used try and post in and I'll see what C&C i can muster.
    nway keep truckin
    i was inking with some feltip pens...because my microns dried out. so i need to buy some more. and the perspective is off...because well i didnt use it. lol. i freehanded the image by copying the reference. i know its off, and the linework isnt perfect...but i still like it enough to try and finish it. Prisma's would be nice, but i'm not sure how well it would come out. i guess i'm a bit afraid of screwing it up...but like you said. practice practice practice.

thanks!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey girl you're back to posting I got to subscribe to this thread. The SS looks very cool. It's hard drawing with pens but you should really try out and practice using a brush or old style pen and nib. they will give things a different look.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by bengonzalez
    Hey girl you're back to posting I got to subscribe to this thread. The SS looks very cool. It's hard drawing with pens but you should really try out and practice using a brush or old style pen and nib. they will give things a different look.
    i've tried the old nib and ink...but i really dont know what i'm doing. ^_^; i dont even know which way is the proper way to hold the pen. lol. that and the paper i used the first few times was too grainy so the nib kept getting caught in the threads of the paper. it made a mess. i like drawing in pen too...i just dont do it so often, cause i like how flexiable a pencil can be. but you know practice, practice, practice...will make things better. i hope.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Ok some more artwork:

Ok so these were done for a forum called "Furrs for Christ"

http://furrsfurchrist.com/

One day i was bored and decided to start drawing people's "fursona's" which consequently to this day i havent figured mine out...oh well. so i went back to the thread the other day and discovered more people had posted. the first few were oc quickies...these took a little longer but not by much. i just used a bigger canvas size so their quality was a bit better...by the way this ArtRage...and i apologise for all those who dont like Anthro's.

My fav of the bunch due to the sunset colors:

Just a small update i know...but somethings better then nothing right?

by the way i picked up "how to draw cars like a pro" from Barnes n Nobles. its a great book. i hope to learn a bit from it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good job, great improvement is what i see...still....go and hit up the anatomy books or online references, it's good your still enjoying your own imagination, but having the references to push your ideas farther, well....it just makes things funner ^'6 keep up the great work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah yeah i know. i'm back to slacking on the anatomy studies. i wish i had a little corner somewhere...away from all destractions that was neat and tidy and had all sorts of inspired reference material. i'm sure i can accumalate it...if i only had the spot. but i am serious...and i'm working on it. this was just for fun, and practice. thanks for the comments though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A sketch i liked:

This is my most recent piece of art:

It's pretty much finished since in the end i didnt know how to finish it. :/

I might upload some more art as i find it...i'm currently useing two different comps, cause my new one is on the fritz already. O.o;

Last edited by Kittywolf13; April 6th, 2006 at 11:08 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oooh a update. i have been drawing but still no scanner....

...myabe i'll have more tommorow...cause i think i'm going to the beach and am going to try and draw there. then i'll take pictures of the stuff..as well as some of my other sketchbook illustrations. yup. how exciting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok i have been drawing, just still no scanner. I'll have to take pics of my sketchbooks. Thank Goodness for my camera!! *hugs it* I rearranged my room, so i can have an art desk in my room. So now i've been drawing like crazy. apperantly my room is more insperational then the room we had originally designated as the "artroom." so here's a piece i worked on for my boyfriend and I's 4 year anniversary:

and I even framed it:

It isnt very large, but i still like it. :3 and he said "Finally some good artwork to hang in my room." haha. he's funny like that. but i did spend like three hours on it. and its only like 4"x7"...despite that it was on a 8 1/2"X 11" cardstock. :3

and for fun, my kitty Kalee:

Check the "Show your studios" thread in the lounge if your remotly interested in my room re-decoration. lol.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah another update...moveing my art stuff to my room has proven to make me more productive.

I found a portrait from: http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/browse?id=24

and decided it would make an interesting drawing...so heres my attempts of makeing something out of it:

and some face drawings i did while i was browsing through the portraits gallery on the above mentioned website.

Give me some C&C so i can improve please!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I Dont Understand Your Silence

Tear

Both are concepts...i was trying to convey my moods in a more abstract feeling...i dont think it worked as well as i had hoped...although i prefer silence over tear...maybe i'll figure out how to make them work eventually...who knows....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.