Sketchbook: Kittywolf13's Sketchbook ~May/06/09 OMG! NEW STUFF!!!~**Mild Nudity** - Page 4
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Kittywolf13's Sketchbook ~May/06/09 OMG! NEW STUFF!!!~**Mild Nudity**

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The bottom lip on that last one juts out too much and the curve of the 3/4 view is very exaggerated up in the cheek bone. The eyes look fine it may be the nose and the other stuffed I mentioned that is making it look "ghetto".

Cool book very nice manga style.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Digging the Miyazaki stuff. I think practicing cartooning is an important skill as maybe even anatomy itself. Don't quote me on that though, heh. Honestly though I've met some artists who were amazing cartoonists and their characters dripped with personality, but their ability to handle the nude was lacking. So I guess not slaving over anatomy won't really kill you, but it's still very important will still end up saving you alot of time in the long run.

My favorite drawing of yours is this
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...k/28944257.jpg

Delicate line quality, color brings a nice emotional feel to it, the poise is lovely, and the finely crafted eye is wonderful. I wouldn't mind seeing you try more of this stuff.

edit: oops, I didn't see the 2nd page.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    happy birthhhhhdayyyyy to youuuuuuuuuu

hows that for a crit, pretty good eh

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    must say I love the way you handle faces, something I always have trouble with; great updates, lots of improvement showing through keep em coming!

Ooo happy birthday as well

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great start. i would definitely suggest more gestures. and really, if you search ebay or buy used off of amazon you can get some really great anatomy books for super cheap...i buy alot of art books used, because it's the content that counts not necessarily how many stains are on the book cover

-apollo

Those who make religion their god will not have God for their religion.

Thomas Erskine

Crit for a Crit: My Online Sketchbook of Super Power Fun

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My comment is about this one:

[QUOTE=Kittywolf13]

The thought bubble on top (as well as the text) looks completely thrown in at the last minute, with none of the skill that the rest of the image is rendered in. This leads one to assume that it was added to an image that ::Ahem:: is not alogether yours...I am by no means trying to offend, but this is what it looks like.

Something else that points to this is the fact that the images vary wildly in style and apparant ability. Some have pretty big anatomical flaws, while others are accurate. Knowledge doesn't just disappear overnight. It may be true that we all do good drawings and crappy drawings, but we don't just forget correct anatomy...

I am not making an accusations. I just think these are things that you should think about.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice sketchbook so far. My favorite stuff is the Miyazaki stuff, looks pretty accurate. I would just suggest doing some studies from life. Improving your observational stills will help your characters a ton. Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittywolf13
    I really like these, now if only i could draw this kind of stuff free hand i'd be the happiest person in the world...!
    I wouldn't worry about not being able to draw art noveau stuff free hand, since it's based on measurements and proportions, dynamic symetry and other stuff I don't know about. Mucha couldn't do that stuff free hand either. You also said something about one of your drawings looking more "ghetto than asian", What? Asian people can't be ghetto?

Sketchbook

"Beliefs are rules for action"
    "Knowledge is proven in action."
    "It's use is it's meaning."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for all the awesome comments guys!! Even the birthday wishes! those were unexpected. I'll try and write something a little more comprehensive when i have time (waiting for some guests to arrive.) but thank you very much! Sorry still no scanner...and i really havent drawn much of anything lately. bad me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    [QUOTE=Bad Brownie]My comment is about this one:

Quote Originally Posted by Kittywolf13

The thought bubble on top (as well as the text) looks completely thrown in at the last minute, with none of the skill that the rest of the image is rendered in. This leads one to assume that it was added to an image that ::Ahem:: is not alogether yours...I am by no means trying to offend, but this is what it looks like.

Something else that points to this is the fact that the images vary wildly in style and apparant ability. Some have pretty big anatomical flaws, while others are accurate. Knowledge doesn't just disappear overnight. It may be true that we all do good drawings and crappy drawings, but we don't just forget correct anatomy...

I am not making an accusations. I just think these are things that you should think about.

But i will address this post. It was thrown in at the last minute. i spent an hour trying to figure out a background to go with Megami (and for the record the character isnt mine, its my best friends character. its gift art for her...just incase i hadnt mentioned it before.) so i threw in the word bubble because megami is a money ...and i dont do manual scripting very well and for some reason Photoshop wasnt letting me make text any bigger then 6pt. it sucked. it really does distract from the over all image and this disappoints me...but it isnt stolen...although i'll consider the differences the next time...i alwasy have trouble with consistancy.

Interceptor is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Kittywolf... you you're looking for good illustrated anatomy... check out some of maxxsoul's stuff. Though lots of his female proportions are a tad er... generous, it's some very good stuff.

http://www.maxxsoul.com

Hope this helps

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ Interceptor: Thanks i'll be sure to check the link out!!

Well still no scanner and really not much in the drawing department...but i do have something a little out of the ordinary. I had to make a sculpture for my Art Appreciation class. my concept was "WanderLust" and this is what i came up with:

The wings were hand made by me useing some sort of galavanised steel...and the base is a headlight from my old '87 Jeep Cheroke. i thought it was a nifty little piece considering its my first ever attempt at sculpture. its a bit of whimsy. Enjoy it i hope.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work on the sculpture. I like the playfulness of it. for some reason i can't help to think of Picaso's Bull head sculpture when I look at it. I think it's just the use of found objects and only using the two elements in it.

Are you planning to follow up on this sculpture? I would. if you do next time try and be more careful with the wirework. Keep it as strait as you can on the long strait areas.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by bengonzalez
    Nice work on the sculpture. I like the playfulness of it. for some reason i can't help to think of Picaso's Bull head sculpture when I look at it. I think it's just the use of found objects and only using the two elements in it.

Are you planning to follow up on this sculpture? I would. if you do next time try and be more careful with the wirework. Keep it as strait as you can on the long strait areas.
    Thanks for the comment. i doubt i will do anything more with the sculpture as its due tommorow evening. the wireing was done by hand...i had very limited supplies...as in my hands and one set of rounded pliers...hence its wonky, (plus the wire was in a spool so getting it out strait was like impossiable, unless theres a trick to it that i dont know about) the wire was also pretty bendy, so when i held onto it, and put force on another end, it would usually bend where i was holding on to it. besides i actually like how bendy it came out, cause it gives the wings more of a 3D illusion to them, cause they curve around the light.

Still thanks for the comment!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kitty, I see some real progression in this thread. Your proportions are improving immensely. Keep at those anatomy studies. Believe me, I know that they are boring. I have been working on anatomy for a couple of months now and I can tell that they are paying off. You don't have to tyotally devote all energy to the studies top gain from them. I have been trying to push out at least two good studies a week. That leaves time to play around and draw what I like as well. Bottom line is, these studies are crucial to become a serious artist, at least in the character and concept art realm. You just need to find a pace of learning that works for you. Good luck and I hope to see some great work from you in the future. .... I will be checking back.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ Azrael: Thanks for the comments. i've been trying to get myself to do at least one or so studies a day...or make some sort of habit for it. but i really am no good at pushing myself and self teaching. i need outside motivation. but but definatly thanks for the heads up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    MORE SKETCHES!!!!!! Don't limit yourself to just one study a day, push yourself to do a bunch, like 10!! and then 11 the next day, and then 12 the next!! Keep at it, you'll see improvement with hard work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know you're into manga and art nouveau so I thought you might be interested in these fellows: Jules Cheret, Winsor McCay, Toulouse Lautrec. Here's my advice: It's important that you read various books on art, about different appraches and theories. Also do some drawings of realistic people, from life or photos. Here are some not so well known anatomy books: R.G. Hatton's "Figure Drawing"; Reginald Marsh's "Anatomy for Artists". To the library!

Sketchbook

"Beliefs are rules for action"
    "Knowledge is proven in action."
    "It's use is it's meaning."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Get to work on those studies.

so you don't have a scanner available. how about a digital camera?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok...still no scanner....

and then hurricane wilma....its been a crazy while. hope i can be forgiven for lack of art...just wanted to let whoever is interested, that i be alive!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    not to mention no power for a whole week. O.o;

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice sketchbook, and good to know you're still alive! just wanted to chime in to say I really enjoyed your recent sculpture post. Post when you can.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice winged headlight

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man I forgot you were in Florida. Hope all is going alright.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey Irene,
    the girl portrait with the flower in her hair is very good! do more!
    what kind of things do you like to draw? it looks like you like to draw anime characters, and things out of your head. A lot of people have mentioned that you should draw from life, this is good advise. But that doesn't mean you can't draw from your head also. Drawing from life only helps you understand objects and the human form, so when you draw from your head you can express more of what is in your imagination, it will be easier and satisfieing.
    here is a study you can do that is fun and you will learn a lot from it. I did it in college for HM assignment and I learned soo much and had a lot of fun.

Make a charcter because that seems like something you like to do, and sketch the gesture out on traceing paper.

When you have that gesture down( take picture of yourself to find a good gesture or act it out while looking in a mirror)

Put another traceing paper on top of the rough gesture, then start working out the proportions and suggested anatomy( look in the mirror often to see how your arm, leg or torso is, keep checking back at yourself if you can't get that body part right, this will help and you).

Put another traceing paper on top and fine tune your nude figure of your character. yet another traceing paper and wrapp clothes or armor or whatever on her/him( look for ref. online or in book of clotheing ref.).

This is a good study to help you, 1. draw from your creativity. 2. helping you use reference 3. understanding the layers of structureing a character with clothing.
    keep it up girl. I feel the same way about putting emotion in your artwork, wee need more artwork like that in the industry.

A VERY good book to check out is....
    she was my teacher in college and she was really great on how to study the figure and clotheing, you will learn a lot from this book.

Last edited by poise; November 3rd, 2005 at 01:18 PM.
    TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok so i've neglected this thread alot due to my lack of scanner...and i know you all want to see life studies and anatomy studies, but my insperation for such things is both lacking and limited to digital programs such as ArtRage, OpenCanvas and oekaki. I did tinker with realism in a few of my oekaki's recently...but yeah...

In other news i revived an old website of mine:

Http://www.geocities.com/kittywolf13

Yeah i know...geocities...i've had this account forever...but i'm poor and cannot afford to pay a host for now. so for now this will have to do.

and now the art!:

nothing fancy schmansie....i'll work on uping my production soon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks VCTR, glad you liked my sculpture...it was my first ever and it was pretty fun.

STYLER, thanks! i find it very whimsical!

Thanks for your concern bengonzalez, we made it alright. other then the storm breaking our water pump system and our AC (which were still trying to fix) we made out all right. 5 days no power, 7 days no water, still in the process of fixing the AC. Thankfully it was really nice, airy and cool those 5 days, and its still relativly cool (but its warming up again ) that coupled with a working barbeque and propane camping stove, everything turned out fine. it was like fine camping! with good food!! stores were open two days after the storm hit, so running out of food or water was not a problem...and gas lines were the only problem. BTW the storm hit land in Marco Island which is only about a 20 minute drive from here...somehow we got the least amount of any dammage. (Marco had about 70-90% dammage, Everglades city 90%, La Belle about the same and so on. Miami and Fort Lauderdale also incurred alot of dammage cause they never prepared for the storm...assuming the storm wouldnt cross derictly over...wasnt very smart.)

But yes thank you for your concern i appreciate it!!!

Thanks POISE! thats alot of valueable information!! i think it really will help me too! I'll just need to convert my scanner that broke into my small light box and i'll be set to do that...and then when i ever buy a new scanner i'll be able to post the results. i know that it isnt all life studies..but i have like little to know experience with life studies so it would benifit me to do some. Thanks for the book suggestion as well! i'll keep an eye out for it. Reference material is alwasy good in bulk! ^_~

Thank you everyone!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh and btw i was going for that sketchy look on the first one in my last update. i was thinking "sharpie marker."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey no bumping your own thread with out paying the toll. more sketches.

The line are on the first one from the lass batch looks very nice. ON the second one I'm thinking elf. The ear doesn't work on that one and you created some hotspots that blur the image to the background. even when you do a such a soft painting keep an Eye on the tone that the colors are making. squint your eyes and see if it all gets lost in the image. Then try to go back and fix it by shifting the darkness a little so that it doesn't look so washed out.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.