Sketchbook: Kittywolf13's Sketchbook ~May/06/09 OMG! NEW STUFF!!!~**Mild Nudity** - Page 2
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Kittywolf13's Sketchbook ~May/06/09 OMG! NEW STUFF!!!~**Mild Nudity**

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes Ghibli is awesome!!! I love them. yeah i had nothing better to do so i might as well draw, right? :wink

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Just a headshot i doodled up in Opencanvas...i liked it...but looking at it now i'm not so sure i like it that much.

i dunno i just wanted to try and get the basic shape of the female body useing just color blocking...i saw a few others doing it around here...but it didnt come out very well...

...i guess i lost interest cuase i'm tired and pretty upset at the moment.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    woot for more updates! nifteh! since i hate giving crits, i'll just say this, try flipping or mirroring (if that's a word), the first picture. but, like you said, looking back, you may not like it as much. i know how that goes. bleh! anyway, keep up the sketchage! woot! .

Remember?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Death-X2 for being so incouraging. i really need it right now.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heres something new, done for one of the other threads here at CA

The finished product:

and i decided to upload the other steps i took to complete it:

The end product couldnt be in greyscaled, but i saved this anyways cause i thought it looked neat:

Tell me what you guys think!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    must draw some more...maybe when my emotions stabilise.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great thread of sketches, but over-all I really like that last one! I think the lighting looks awesome, as do all the little details. And this might sound really funny, but I like how you draw legs. XD Probably because I'm still learning to do them, and you make them look so easy!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey...emotions are good for drawing i think the last one is really looking cool...kepp on

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @OleOlsen: Emotions are good for drawing from, but sometimes they render me incapable of doing anything. its been a bad week. ^_^;

@Kat_warrior:thanks for finding my sketchs well. it gives me a boost of encouragment to keep on going, which is something i'll be needing when and if i start college soon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok new illustrations, but first a couple of questions:

Can someone give me any hints as to how to keep my realism eyes alligned properly?

Also i would appreciate it if someone would tell me/show me some different techniques for getting gesture drawings? so that i can get different poses and practice moveing the human body properly.

Thanks in Advance!!

Now onto illustrations:

I pulled out my "Atlas of Human Anatomy for the Artist" by Stephen Rogers Peck, and decided to do some drawings out of it, so here they are:

1.) Male Anatomy:

2.) Mainly eyes, ears and noses:

3.) gesture drawings:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    these are some points i follow when doing realism portraits and stuff
    from some book i found...for get what it is

- Width of the eye is 1/5 (1 unit) of the width of the whole head(if put head on graph)

- The space between the eyes is 1 unit

- eyes are halfway down the length of the head
    its also good to draw a line connecting both pupils to keep them from looking uneven...

of course some faces will be different depending on the person but everyface has similar proportions in relation to eyes nose mouth and ears...

or thats what i've been taught...

"Don't look into car headlights and freeze, because you'll either get run over or shot!'"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice drawings. It looks like you are coming along very well. Keep doing the anatomy studies too. They will help alot. I still stink myself, so I am going to go back and work on them again. Well, I will keep checking you out. Keep posting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by dashi
    these are some points i follow when doing realism portraits and stuff
    from some book i found...for get what it is

- Width of the eye is 1/5 (1 unit) of the width of the whole head(if put head on graph)

- The space between the eyes is 1 unit

- eyes are halfway down the length of the head
    its also good to draw a line connecting both pupils to keep them from looking uneven...

of course some faces will be different depending on the person but everyface has similar proportions in relation to eyes nose mouth and ears...

or thats what i've been taught...
    thanks dashi. i've heard of these rules, but i guess i should put them into practice, eh?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Studying anatomy: good! Not always the most exciting thing to draw, or the thing most guarunteed to make people sit up and say "WOW!", but it's absolutely essential. Kinda like musicians always practicing those boring scales, even though they can play Beethoven.

For gestures, I always found it helpful to draw a sweeping line from the top of the head to the bottom of one of the feet. If a figure is arching backwards, find the strongest line of action and put that down first: in that pose, it should look like a 'c'. I like the way you continue a line from the thigh and curl it around into the calf muscle. Once you have a better understanding of anatomy (let's see those muscle studies! ) those gestures will look too cool!

Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Teigrob
    Studying anatomy: good! Not always the most exciting thing to draw, or the thing most guarunteed to make people sit up and say "WOW!", but it's absolutely essential. Kinda like musicians always practicing those boring scales, even though they can play Beethoven.

For gestures, I always found it helpful to draw a sweeping line from the top of the head to the bottom of one of the feet. If a figure is arching backwards, find the strongest line of action and put that down first: in that pose, it should look like a 'c'. I like the way you continue a line from the thigh and curl it around into the calf muscle. Once you have a better understanding of anatomy (let's see those muscle studies! ) those gestures will look too cool!

Keep it up!
    i think i understand what you mean. I really have no traditional training when it comes to draw the human anatomy...all of that is self taught. (shadeing, still lifes, basic color therory i learned in high school.) so i look through alot of peoples art books and wonder about how they go about and do it. but i see what you mean and its a very interesting concept. thanks for the hint.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here, this might help:

See the gesture line? It's not hard and fast, it's just to give you an idea of the general movement of the figure. I did this out of my head, so it's not the best example I could give you...I really need to go to life drawing again!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I wanted to stop by and thank you for the comments in my sketchbook. I like your sketches alot. In particular, I really like the Vanship and the thief robbing the safe. Very creative. The Spirited Away sketch is also really nice.

I look forward to seeing more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello there, keep an eye out on the upper body. Where the neck joins the shoulders and the the way the arms attach. Have a look at shapes involving the clavicle (sp??) and neck muscles. Then how these join to the shoulder.
    Nice stuff though!
    I think emotions are a powerful tool when used with art, possibly some of my favourite pieces i've done were created based on my thoughts of terror or safety. But don't let anything stop you drawing!
    Keep going!
    -B-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, I like your style of art. Some of your work have really nice lines to them. I read your post about doodling in math class. Funny, I did the same things but I doodled on my assignments. I use to get papers back saying "Nice doodles, but work on problems 1-20" with a big red circle around it I see improvements. You are getting good character designs down. Good stuff, keep posting... I'll be back. Later!

!darkchild!

Feel free to checkout my work:
    darkchild's sketchbook

Don't forget to visit the Critique Section!!

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    doodles from days past. a.k.a. the past two or three days. its all emotional venting, because i'm haveing a really really rough time right now.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for all the recent comments guys! it means alot to me

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Gift art for my best friend! i tried applying some of the things i learned doing anat practice while trying to stylise the animal anatomy...i like the end result. its her character Megami.

I hope you like it too. tell me what you think!

Also i did this one today:

sorry about all the anthros...in an animal mood today i guess.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you should draw some kind of own manga or doujinshi. I have never seen a style like this, and I like it. I also like the reality-manga stuff. ZELDA!!^^ Hope you like that too!
    I do not know, if I should call this manga, it is so 3d
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...dW_resized.jpg
    do you think, you can do that with every manga figure? This would be interesting, I think.

artwork
    nothing special....sadly....but I hope someday^^

when you want to mentor someone, you may want to come here
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...&postcount=406

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you should draw some kind of own manga or doujinshi. I have never seen a style like this, and I like it. I also like the reality-manga stuff. ZELDA!!^^ Hope you like that too!
    I do not know, if I should call this manga, it is so 3d
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...ndW_resized.jpg
    do you think, you can do that with every manga figure? This would be interesting, I think.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. but i'm glad you like my stuff. thats Yorda from Ico, incase you were confuseing her for someone in Zelda...even though i love zelda too. ^_^;

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wah! FInally an update with art!

An oekaki, done in over an hour. my character Luc Banner. She's a sharp shooter and a trouble maker. enjoy!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    When I was in lower school, there was an artist, much better than me, who was known as the class artist. The last time I saw him, he asked me to teach him to draw. When I was in middleschool, there was another artist, slightly better than me, who was known as the class artist. The last time I saw him, I asked him for comments on my drawings, he told me it was hard to give advice to someone who drew much better than him. I am now in high school my friend, who is a gifted artist from birth, is very slightly better than me. I figure the pattern is not going to stop anytime soon.

The common pattern with these three wonderful artists is that they were born great artists, so they didn't have the "urge" I felt to improve.

Wether I'm 15 years old while you're 21, you have shown incredible progress in this thread, and if you keep working at it, you will become amazing. Just look at MindCandyMan, he was about your age when he started getting serious.

Basically, the best tip I can give you is to push yourself farther than the limit.

Mucho Love, Emm.

The advantage of being a beginner is having a much greater amount of teachers.
    Sketchbook?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmDoubleEw
    When I was in lower school, there was an artist, much better than me, who was known as the class artist. The last time I saw him, he asked me to teach him to draw. When I was in middleschool, there was another artist, slightly better than me, who was known as the class artist. The last time I saw him, I asked him for comments on my drawings, he told me it was hard to give advice to someone who drew much better than him. I am now in high school my friend, who is a gifted artist from birth, is very slightly better than me. I figure the pattern is not going to stop anytime soon.

The common pattern with these three wonderful artists is that they were born great artists, so they didn't have the "urge" I felt to improve.

Wether I'm 15 years old while you're 21, you have shown incredible progress in this thread, and if you keep working at it, you will become amazing. Just look at MindCandyMan, he was about your age when he started getting serious.

Basically, the best tip I can give you is to push yourself farther than the limit.

Mucho Love, Emm.

often the natural ability to draw, is ironically the stumbling block for many artists who could be great, if they sherked their ego just a little and learned foundation, their artwork could be fantastic. Too many just rely on their initial head start and take it nowhere, thats all natural talent is, its a head start, its not the end of the journey.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    btw kitty, some nice things in here, but you really imo need to sit down and get with the serious studies, enough doddling, sit down with an anatomy book and learn it through and through and you'll be on your way.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    mmm, nice progression,

like your colour use kitty-

reminds me of furcardia art. keep it going.

would like. to see more loose,full body stuf.
    also agree with magic bout the anatomy studies.

nothing is good - nothing is bad -- osho
    (all is well)

Omni 1's scribbles/doodles >>HERE NOW<<

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

these were all done with references for two reasons. 1.) i like miyazaki's style alot (hes my idol.) 2.) so i wanted to practice drawing useing minimal lines. also practiceing looser lines as well. they came out well...

...i know people probably dont want to see this, as its far from "realism" and anatomy practice...but i wanted too. i know antaomy and all other fields of art are important to study, but i want a more childlike feel to my stuff...i guess sort of like a childrens book feel. so i just felt like doing this...plus miyazaki makes me feel better, seeing as i've been down in the dumps.

i hope at least someone likes it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.