Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks

HarryPotter & The Half Blood Prince (spoilers)

Just finished the book...

The half-blood prince wasn't who I thought it would be... I was oddly suspecting Dudely (Harry's cousin), to be the long-shot half-blood prince. Dudely *does* have wizard blood in him.

So Snape is the half-blood prince! How dissapointing! I was suspecting a student, instead of a teacher. I knew it couldn't be Harry since he's 3/4 blood. Hermoine has no wizard blood. Ron and Draco are full blooded. That left Neville Longbotoom as the only half-blood!

Hermoine's WAAAYYY too good for Ron. Ron always has this "duh dip-shit" look on his face.

BTW: Has anyone else noticed that Cho Chang is probably half Korean, half Chinese? She has a Korean first name, and a Chinese last name. Her father must be Chinese, and her mother is Korean.

For the last book, here's what I think might happen
    -NOt likely, but Harry Potter IS Voldemort, but inhabit two different bodies (like The Good Voldemort vs. The Bad Voldemort)

-Snape's father is Tom Riddle

-It's possible that Harry and Draco are cousins, or related by blood somehow

-Harry has to be connected to in some way to Voldemort (Voldemort could be his grand uncle, or grandfather!), or related to Severus Snape (Snape could be his uncle).

-Hermoine & Ron get hitched, and so does Harry & Ginny

-Harry becomes the Head Master of Hogwarts at the end... or he dies ALONG with Voldemort (whom I believe Harry actually IS Voldemort)

-Malfoy and Snape defect from the Death Eaters and join the Order of the Phoenix... OR... Harry kills both Draco and Snape

-I am certain that either Harry is killed along with Voldemort, or if Harry survives, ends up teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts, or replacing Dumbledore as HeadMaster.

-Arthur Weasley becomes Minister of Magic

-The last book is called "Harry Potter & Hermoine's Erotic Awakening" LOL
    Last edited by CaptainInsano; July 20th, 2005 at 04:46 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I think all the wizards= kind of connected if you remember reading about Voldemorts parents and grandparents. It was just obviously incest. Right now its just too much for me to think I need to reread the book.

Thanks
    I think its pretty clear that:

1) R.A.B. is Regulus A. Black, Sirius' brother who was killed for deserting the death eaters. Seems pretty cut and dry.

2) Harry is very possibly a Horcrux, this explains the parseltongue and the mental connection with Voldemort. Dumbledore even hints at some kind of connection like this in the very first book when he says that "Voldemort may have transferred some of his power" when he tried to kill Harry. Perhaps as the spell backfired Voldemort (knowing Regulus had found one (and therefore possibly all) of his horcruxes) made a last ditch attempt at survival by making Harry one as well. This is possibly since Voldemort had just murdered harry's parents.

edit: This also explains why the prophecy mentions something along the lines of "both cannot survive" (sorry at work, don't have my book with me)

3) Snape is actually *not* evil and Dumbledore knew everything about the assassination plan through him. He even knew he had to die and Snape should do it to confirm his 'allegience' to the Dark Lord. It is also possible that Dumbledore was dying anyway due to his injury from the Slytherin Ring, kind of a long slow poisoning death.

Snape's 'innocence' is further hinted at as Harry is chasing him at the end. Snape never tries to hurt Harry and advises all the death eaters to do the same. He merely blocks Harry's attacks and actually gives him advice in fighting telling him to "Close your mind and your mouth"
    Last edited by treeboy; July 20th, 2005 at 02:42 PM.

Thanks
    Treeboy

I have to agree with your predictions. Also, right on with the R.A.B., I was thinking about it for a while and gave up.

I am about 90% sure that Harry is a Horcux of Voldemort, that would explain a lot of Harry's dark powers. But if he is, killing Voldemort also means killing himself.

Yeah, I think you conivinced me that Snape is not a Death Eater, even though he killed Dumbldore (on Dumbledore's orders). Draco, I believe, will join Harry in his fight against Voldemort to save his mother & father from Voldemort.

I think it'll be revealed in Book 7 that:
    Snape was in love with Lily
    Snape will join Harry in fighting Voldemort
    Everyone who was killed by Voldemort will return, or at least return as ghosts
    Draco will defect from his dark ways and join Harry
    Hermoine, Ron, or Harry will end up as Head Master (or Mistress) of Hogwarts, another will be the Minister of Magic.

I question why the last book takes place in 1997. I can't seem to think of anything in major significance that would relate to the real-world events of the time to the war in the wizarding world. Obviously, the Muggles will be brought into the conflict in some way since Fudge warned the Prime Minister (Tony Blair ?) about Voldemort being responsible for Muggle murders and natural disasters... Hmmm.....

Thanks
    Thanked 16,685 Times in 5,021 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkerD
    The half-blood prince wasn't who I thought it would be... I was oddly suspecting Dudely (Harry's cousin), to be the long-shot half-blood prince. Dudely *does* have wizard blood in him.

So Snape is the half-blood prince! How dissapointing! I was suspecting a student, instead of a teacher. I knew it couldn't be Harry since he's 3/4 blood. Hermoine has no wizard blood. Ron and Draco are full blooded. That left Neville Longbotoom as the only half-blood!
    Harry is a half blood. His mother (and thus also Petunia) comes from a non-magic family. And JKR has been very clear in interviews that there is absolutely nothing more to Dudley than meets the eye.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Oh for the love of...my students are talking nonstop about this book. Make it stop! Look people Harry Potter has a twin brother named Barry Potter who steers a Ferry with his friend Larry Motter. Now you know the secret. No more Harry Potter unless its about "Harry Potter & Hermoine's Erotic Awakening".

Thanks
    wait, wtf?
    i thought voldemort died in the very first harry potter... when the guy with the purple headband died. am i right? i've only seen the movies..

Thanks
    The movie doesnt do justice at all. Even if you think you dont have time go pick one up you could probably find them for a dollar in a used book store.

Thanks
    yea, but getting the full effect requires reading. that's a no-no.

Thanks
    Eh lol w/e floats you boat. I think Snape MAY BE a good guy Im not sure if this was posted here but the fact that he didnt kill Harry and stuff, the only hole in this is that in the beginning of the book when Narcissa/Bellatrix question him he says he doesnt kill him because of Voldemort. I think Regulus is still alive and probably Harry will figure this out and seek him. Next year Hogwarts will close sadly, probably right before they goto school like a day before. And Ron Hermione Ginny Harry Neville and some of the original D.A. will form together a somewhat "Elite" core to capture/kill Voldemort and the Death eaters.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkerD
    Treeboy

I have to agree with your predictions. Also, right on with the R.A.B., I was thinking about it for a while and gave up.

I am about 90% sure that Harry is a Horcux of Voldemort, that would explain a lot of Harry's dark powers. But if he is, killing Voldemort also means killing himself.

Yeah, I think you conivinced me that Snape is not a Death Eater, even though he killed Dumbldore (on Dumbledore's orders). Draco, I believe, will join Harry in his fight against Voldemort to save his mother & father from Voldemort.

I think it'll be revealed in Book 7 that:
    Snape was in love with Lily
    Snape will join Harry in fighting Voldemort
    Everyone who was killed by Voldemort will return, or at least return as ghosts
    Draco will defect from his dark ways and join Harry
    Hermoine, Ron, or Harry will end up as Head Master (or Mistress) of Hogwarts, another will be the Minister of Magic.

I question why the last book takes place in 1997. I can't seem to think of anything in major significance that would relate to the real-world events of the time to the war in the wizarding world. Obviously, the Muggles will be brought into the conflict in some way since Fudge warned the Prime Minister (Tony Blair ?) about Voldemort being responsible for Muggle murders and natural disasters... Hmmm.....

harry cant be a horcrux. there need to be a murder then the spell for the horcrux. once harrys mom died voldemort was noting more the a wondering spirit if will, unable to do anything.

theres no relation between harry and voldemort or snap and voldemort. there has been pretty clear family trees for all 3. snapes dad was also named

harry ron or hermione are only gonna be 17 in the next book. no way will they be minister or magic or headmaster. itd just be silly.

still cant decide wither snape is a death eater or good. i remember him arguing with dumbledore saying he didnt want to follow malfoy around, which means if malfoy had failed earlier snape would have to attemp to kill dumbledore then. true he trys to help harry duel in the end which is strange but i dunno.

i cant see malfoy leaving the darkside. im fairly sure he will be killed by voldemort for not following thro with his order. if snape does save him that means snape is good.

haryy is still extremely weak in magic. he couldnt land a single blow on snape. someone is gonna have to train him hardcore. and maybe finally we'll see what this power of love he has that dumbledore has gone on about for 6 yrs. maybe a bunch of thr OotP well train him

dumbledore coming back? well i doubt it but dumbledore resembled a phoenix in many ways. he left in fire, was wise, poserfull. i dunno could go either way. maybe as a ghost or reincarnation.. dunno.

i hope harry and ginny dont call it quits. i know harry said he wanted to break up but ginny said she didnt care. i hope the spark is sitll there

i hope harry is forced to go back to school. seeing him wonder around looking for horcrux for half the book then him fighting death eatters the half wont be all that fun of a read IMO. itd be sad to not see all the school kids again. maybe the DA will come back and be like a mini Order ot Phoenix.
    -=[ Sinister Six Sketch Group ]=-
    -=[ Cookiedough Fooxoo |ntern Hyver Character Evildisco]=-

Thanks

whyyy

So upset.. Why Dumbeldore has to die........?????????
    I was in school doing my work and my head kept thinking...whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.........?????????

I think Hermoine will die in bk 7

Thanks

Thumbs up

HarryPotter & The Half Blood Prince (spoilers)

Thanks
    dumbledore had to die so that harry could kill voldemort on his own and become "his own man" with out always being protected. malfoy will either turn good or get killed by voldemort. harry and ginny will get together in the end, because ginnny said she didn't care if she was in danger being with harry. and then harry will understand that his power is the power to love and that he loves ginny and etc etc etc... harry will become a better wizard, he's still young. i dont' know about snape tho, because you would think that people from the order would have known if snape had been ordered to kill dumbledore because nobody from the order thinks hes good, and dumbledore wouldn't have done that because that would have endangered snape. thats my two cents.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by |NTeRN
    harry cant be a horcrux. there need to be a murder then the spell for the horcrux. once harrys mom died voldemort was noting more the a wondering spirit if will, unable to do anything.

haryy is still extremely weak in magic. he couldnt land a single blow on snape. someone is gonna have to train him hardcore. and maybe finally we'll see what this power of love he has that dumbledore has gone on about for 6 yrs. maybe a bunch of thr OotP well train him
    1) yes he can. Voldemort was defeated not after killing Lily but rather after attempting to kill Harry. This is where the scar on Harry's forhead came from, the physical remains of a 'failed' Avada Kedavra curse. He could have possibly turned harry into a horcrux before being forced to flee.

2) i agree with you that Harry at the moment, while i would not say weak, is definitely untrained in the ways of advanced dueling. I hope in the next book we see him training rigorously with hermione (and i guess ron too) probably members of the OoP as well. (Lupin, Tonks, et al) I'm hoping that some natural ability and power starts to manifest itself.

Characters like Snape often say that "there's nothing special about harry" I tend to disagree (and i think Dumbledore did as well), and feel that he is in fact a very powerful wizard, but just needs to 'come into it.' Hermione obviously is very talented as well, though she also works extremely hard at it. Maybe the two of them together will actually get something done

As for returning to Hogwarts, i think that the battle with Voldemort will naturally turn to there. Either it is the location where the last horcrux is hidden (remember dumbledore said that Hogwarts was the only place Voldemort ever thought of as home, and Volde hides his horcruxes in locations of personal significance) or its where Harry corners Voldemort.

we'll have to wait and see

Thanks
    Love the books. I am going to jump in.

The reason that I think Harry is not a horcrux is this:

The whole reason that Voldemort went to try and kill Harry was because of the prophesy. Why then would he put part of his soul into Harry? If Harry is an accidental horcrux, then he would not be able to kill Voldemort (he would have to destroy himself since Voldemort is immortal while all the horcruxes are intact). Some of Voldemort's powers were transferred to Harry, but that isn't the same as his soul. Dumbledore said that Voldemort probably wouldn't even notice when one of his horcruxes was destroyed, so it doesn't sound like his powers are distributed to the horcruxes, just a portion of his soul.

I also think that Snape is still in the Order of the Phoenix because if he is not, it means that Dumbledore made some HUGE mistakes, diminishing his character. It makes for great storytelling to keep us wondering too.

Here is what I think happened (its great to be a nerd ) :

Dumbledore was on the verge of inevitable death from drinking the potion to get the locket, and knew that if he did not die at the hands of Draco, Voldemort would kill Draco, who just showed that he might not be truly evil. If Draco failed then Snape would die because of the unbreakable vow as well. So, Dumbledore used legillimancy (spelling?) to instruct Snape to do what was at that point inevitable (R.A.B. who also drank the potion to steal the real locket stated in his note he left that he knew his death was inevitable), and save both Snape and Draco from certain death. Snape had a look of hate on his face because he didn't want to kill Dumbledore and because he knew it would make him the second most hated man in the wizard world.

Now we all wait for a couple years to see what happens.
    LYON
    Fine Art and Illustration
    www.howardlyon.com

Twitter

Thanks
    Im fairly convinced that Draco will turn to harry's side. It was stated several times throughout the book that 7 was the most powerful magical number. There are 7 Horcruxes, with the last being the most difficult, there are 7 books, etc.

So we have 1 - Harry, 2 - Ron, 3 - Hermione, 4 - Ginny, 5 - Nevile, 6 - Luna, aaannd 7 - Draco, the most difficult to get to.

Interesting idea about Regulus A. Black. Forgot about him. But it makes sense.

Also, I'm not convinced that Snape is a true Death Eater. Everyone acknowleges his powers of Occlemancy, including Dumbledore. I'm still convinced that he's a plant *AND* that Dumbledore knew aobut the plan from the onset. What better way to convince Voldemorte that he's true than to kill Dumbledore?

Also, I'm sure that Draco's parents will get off'd in the next installment because Draco failed. Snape had to do the task that Draco was set to do, and we all know how forgiving Voldemort is. This, I think, will be the turning point for Draco to turn to Harry's side.

Ron and Hermione are a given. JK Rowling has stated numerous times that Hermione is in effect her and that Ron is based on her husband. So, there's no question that they're together, and if you read six carefully, after Ron's fling with Lavender, they in effect are already together. Hermione is just not going to go throwing herself at Ron.

Harry and Ginny will be together - She's too damn tough for him to ignore. And, she'd as likely kick his ass for being a git than anything, so I think that's a given as well.

k. back to work.

Thanks
    Harry the Horcrux- i do not THINK that harry is a horcrux, that just would not make sense, however, there is a flaw in your guys' thinking. horcruxes do not have to be destroyed to become not a horcrux anymore. remember the ring? it WAS a horcrux but dumbledore removed that.

Thanks
    The gem in the ring was shattered, so destroyed in that sense I suppose, not obliterated.
    LYON
    Fine Art and Illustration
    www.howardlyon.com

Twitter

Thanks
    i enjoyed it myself after reading it for the past two days, she really is no matter what one can say a fairly talented writer. shes best at the social enviroment, creating attatchment to characters and such.

it seems pretty clear to me that draco will become dumbledores symbol for love everlasting and forgiveness, its such a western book it has got to have one. furthermore, i wouldnt bother with this conspiracy stuff about snape. he killed dumbledore, rowling needs a secondary enemy, one that we can all hate with a passion. because really, do you all hate voldemort. all we have is some abstract conception that he was a bad dude and framed hagrid. NOW we got a reason, because snape killed the father-god figure in the book. in all the attempts to link people with the old in and out, seems pretty unreasonable. double d was pretty clear that voldemort created harry as an enemy, that it was human action rather than transcendental law which bound harry and voldemorte in a mortal duel. that said, the true mystery of the scar is to be revealed. harry being a horcrux would seem pretty lame to me, but its a possibility. obviously she cant make it another mundane object, it has to be something very good.

in terms of ability, the whole message in this book is that love is stronger than evil or destruction correct? what is love, but community, friendship and lovers. therefore harry bound together with the wit of hermione and the courage of ron, as well as others most likely we be able to overcome. that said someones gotta die. i dont think ron or hermione because that would be like destroying one side of a coin and not the other, it cant be done. ginny seems likely, or harry. i hope we havnt seen the end of neville either or luna. it would be a waste of some decent characters. without the school i suppose there wont be that classic quirky quality to the book though, which i think is necessary for her style. dunno well see though. if harry survives hes definetly not gonna be headmaster later in life, it will probably be hermione, equality of the sexes and all that. if he lives hes gonna do something quiet, some never ending quest. anyway, talked enough. thumbs up on the book, even though it placates our consumer society to a t

Thanks
    I sure hope Harry doesn't turn out to be a horcrux... that'd be way to similar to what I found ridiculous in the Matrix:Revolutions whole anti-christ theme.

I agree about R.A.B., and about Snape following Dumbledore's orders by killing him. Dumbledore doesn't seem the sort to plead for his life. Rather he was pleading for Snape to go through with it. Also, Dumbledore could never give anyone his real reasons for trusting Snape because that could all too easily get back to Voldemort.

Well, I finished the book in less than a work day and have to wait how long for the next one?

Thanks
    hmm some intresting stuff.. completely forgot about R.A.B. until just now, reading the posts and that seems to make sense.

i doubt harry is a horcrux, can a living thing be one? - wait the snake is one isn't it? ah well still disagree on that part.

as for snape, i think he's bad all the way. good reasons to believe he isn't, but i mean to kill dumbledore? thats pushing it, i don't think even dumbledore wanted his own death like that.

i do hope harry n' ginny stay together and ron n hermione 'officially' start dating.

as for them finishing off school just now... i dunno, i was surprised (sorta) when harry said that. if he doesn't finish school how can he be an auror? anyways, should be intresting to see what happens... the half-blood prince is my favorite book thus far and one of my favorite outside of the series. she's a really talented author, as conor said, she gets you attached to the characters.

Thanks
    first, I gotta say that this was definitely not my favorite Harry Potter book. For me, the Goblet of Fire had an awesome story (the whole mad-eye moody thing was just glorious, along with the tension and upheaval of the tri-wizard tournament), Order of Phoenix was almost as awesome (Umbridge's gradually tightening grip over the school plus the occlemancy "fiasco"), and the others are all somewhere close behind.

I thought the beginning of half-blood prince was good (unbreakable vow, Harry getting private lessons with dumbledor (which I was about pee myself when I heard)), the end was pretty good (snape killing Dumbledor, people leaving Hogwart's), but the middle of the book just dragged on for me. The slug club seemed extraneous, the love stuff seemed a bit gratuitous, I didn't really even give a crap who the half-blood prince was, and the important stuff all seemed way too predictable. From like chapter 3 I knew Dumbledor was going to die (Dumbledor is what's been protecting the good guys, and for the sake of the story he needed to be taken away. Plus there was twelve tons of foreshadowing. Honestly it annoyed me that he died because I felt like they telegraphed it from 20 miles away), I was pretty sure Draco's goal was to kill him, and I was sure that Snape would finish whatever Draco started.

Something else that annoyed me was Harry's complete mediocrity throughout the entire book. I understand the whole "power of love (friends banding together)" theme Rowling wants to use with the good guys, but dammit, I want the Harry Potter who threw off the imperious curse in book 4, and who summon a patronus at age 13. He best be liftin' some magic weights in the next book!

As for predictions:

-great eye for the RAB thing treeboy. I bet you're right.

-I don't personally don't think Harry's a horcrux. seems to me like Dumbledor would've suspected something, having already dealt with one horcrux. He must be able to recognize that stuff. I'll say, though, it could be good if Harry finds he has to kill himself and Voldemort in a grand finale. (but harry would have to have been an accidental horcrux, since Voldemort's plan was to use Harry's death to create the last horcrux) I think that the current ties they have to each other (the wands, the prophecy, the half-bloodness, the Harry blood used to resurrect him in book 4) are sufficient to tie them to each other. Seems like Harry's more than just another mundane Horcrux. Besides, it seems like the Horcrux theory is the obvious route.

-I think it's clear that Snape is a good guy because of Dumbledor's complete faith in him combined with the total lack of surprise in being killed. It explains EVERYTHING, including his anger at being called a coward. Snape's obviously risking the most out of anyone in the order, and thus would be enraged at being called cowardly by the very person he's protecting. As is, he is now Voldemort's right-hand man (if we believe him at the beginning of the book), which is the best place for him to be. Naturally, no one in the Order would know, because if they did then it would eventually leak and Snape would be found out. In short, it would make for a more interesting character and a better story if Snape were a good guy, so I'm assuming he's a good guy.

-The only endearing trait we've seen of Draco is that he and his mom really care about each other. (moreso than with Lucius.) I'd say killing Draco's mom WOULD start a change in him. Makes sense.

-I think there'll be a complicated Ginny/Harry/Hermione/Ron mess that keeps weaving in and out, but yeah, it'll end up just how it looks, probably. Just like Spider-man and Spider-man 2, Ginny will MAKE him love her.

-Why is anyone worrying about Harry being an Auror? He's been fighting the dark forces for years already. Doesn't matter if the ministry of magic sanctions any of his quests. In fact, it makes more sense that he doesn't finish school and he works outside of the ministry's blessings. After all, the ministry's not doing what's right, so Harry shouldn't have an offical tie with them. Further, for the next book everyone will have come of age (what this whole book was really about, maturity, understanding your lot in life, and focusing on it to the exclusion of all else), so it's fitting for him as a man to just fulfill his goals.

- I think there will be like 3 more books. This new opening up of the story feels like the kind of thing that would be good for 3 more volumes, 4 if Rowling felt like doing an nice tidy 10. (I hear she already finished writing all the books. Maybe that's part of my thinking.)

Like I said, overall I kinda liked the book but was annoyed at the heavily foreshadowed death and the fact that she didn't make me care about Draco and the half-blood prince as much as I cared about the mysteries in goblet of fire. Sigh...

By the way, for anyone who can't bear to read 700-page books, get the audio books, darn it! SOO worth it. If you can't buy 'em, then download them or something. Seriously, audio books are the way to go for most artists, in my opinion.
    Andrew Murray
    Concept Artist, Tencent Boston
    www.theincredibleandy.com

Thanks
    We sort of know where the real locket is that R.A.B. took.

Do you guys remember in the previous book the chapter in which they are at Sirius' house? And they were cleaning it?

Well there just so happens to be a unopenable locket mentioned. This would makes even more sense if R.A.B was Regulus Black.

I would figure that Mudungus took it (which would make the chapter with him stealing stuff much more important) and pawned it off. The hunt begins!

Thanks
    Thanked 16,685 Times in 5,021 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theincredibleandy
    - I think there will be like 3 more books. This new opening up of the story feels like the kind of thing that would be good for 3 more volumes, 4 if Rowling felt like doing an nice tidy 10. (I hear she already finished writing all the books. Maybe that's part of my thinking.)
    Nope, it's always been seven and out. In last week's Newsweek (Time?) interview JKR said she'd probably never write another fantasy novel, much less more Potter, after the next book.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    I would like to see Rowling write prequels of the Potter books, that revole around James, Sirius, Petigrew, Lily, and Snape as students at Hogwarts.

Chamber of Secrets remains my faviorte Potter book!
    then...
    Goblet of Fire
    Half-blood Prince
    Prisoner of Azkaban
    Sorcersors Stone
    Order of the Phonenix

Thanks
    Harry cant be a Horcrux. it was said in 6 that Voldemort wanted to use Harry's death for the Horcrux. and as i understand it when Lily was hit by the avada kedrava is when voldemort hit with it too. cause voldemort was aiming at harry and lily jumped on him to protect him. he had no time to do the Horcurx spell

damn i have to reread 5 now to see when they get that unopened locket.

from what i understand the books are layed out in a brain storms and notes and such, but book 7 has not been written. the reported on the news that she plans to write book 7 starting in janurary.

maybe once harry comes of age (age 17 which is in a few weeks in the book) is when his power multiple. true harry has kick some ass in the past, but i wanted to see him just go nuts at the end and just knock out all the death eaters and the wearwolf leaving only snape and malfoy to excape.

i think the whole half blood thing was kinda lame. cause all harry learned was 2 spells and the bezoar antidote. the potions he just copied, not learned. it would have been cool to see him learn lots

if snape is good and still in the order why didnt Lupin, Mcgonald. Hagrid, the weaselies, and the rest of the Order know about the plan. kinda weird to leave everyone out in the dark knowing that what he does is ganna get him killed but either the auror's or the order or even Harry.
    -=[ Sinister Six Sketch Group ]=-
    -=[ Cookiedough Fooxoo |ntern Hyver Character Evildisco]=-

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by |NTeRN
    if snape is good and still in the order why didnt Lupin, Mcgonald. Hagrid, the weaselies, and the rest of the Order know about the plan. kinda weird to leave everyone out in the dark knowing that what he does is ganna get him killed but either the auror's or the order or even Harry.
    Because any of them could have been captured and forced to give up all of such information. Within a world of magic where literally one spell will cause someone to spill their guts with no real ability to resist it from such a powerful wizard as Volde then its best that they didn't know.

I still think Snape is on teh good.

Thanks
    Hmm, now I have to get all geeked out over Harry Potter

I enjoyed the sixth book immensely. I'm kind of relieved Rowling decided to cut back on the length a bit. As much as I enjoyed OotP, it was a looong read and I began to envision the books getting subsequently larger and larger until book seven was approximately the size of the Bible.

Book six feels a lot to me like Part One of Two, with the second part being book seven. It depends so much more on the previous books' stories and is basically setup for the plot of the final book. The author certainly leaves a lot of open possibilities for the next installment.

I think the there's a good possibility that Harry is a Horcrux. It was pointed out that one has to kill in order to make a horcrux and to my recollection, Voldemort has killed three people in person (possibly more) since he murdered Harry's parents, none of whom were particularly signifigant. It would certainly make for an interesting final confrontation between Harry and Voldemort, and the prophecy has me believing Harry has to make a sacrifice in order to overcome his enemy.

I also think that there is more to Snape's betrayal than the obvious. I wondered if Dumbledore's pleading before his death, was not for Snape to help him but for Snape to kill him. He was becoming weaker and weaker during his confrontation with the death eaters; the potion he drank may have caused irreversible damage. Also I thought it was interesting that Snape's expression when Harry called him a coward was described as one full of pain. He's now a murderer, regardless of the circumstances. I wonder if there will be any redemption for him.

Originally, I thought R.A.B might be Amelia Bones, who I think died mysteriously in the the begining of the book, but Regulus makes far more sense to me. If it is him, I'll be interested to see if there's more story to how he found out about the horcruxes.

Okay, I've gone on enough.... Now to sit tight for the next 2+ years.

Thanks
    Elwell:

Nope, it's always been seven and out. In last week's Newsweek (Time?) interview JKR said she'd probably never write another fantasy novel, much less more Potter, after the next book
    Well dang. Guess I was just hoping for more books. Guess she wants the books to be the most magically powerful. Whoa...

I guess the last book better be hella long, 'cause a lot needs to happen, apparently. Bunch-o-horcruxes, gettin' hella strong, bustin' caps in death eaters, true love, people dying,...man, that'll be one ferocious undertaking. It'll be cool seeing it all unfold.
    Andrew Murray
    Concept Artist, Tencent Boston
    www.theincredibleandy.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast