Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Thanks

The Introduction Thread

Just to lump all the intros in one place so that the lounge doesnt get swamped... intro away newbies. Tell us how long you've been into art, what got you into it, you're fave artists etc. anything you think we need to know.

ps.sticky would be good.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    g'day my name is Aled.
    Ive been into art for about a year. going well, making heaps of progress.
    CA crits and encouragement and inspiration quadruple that progress.
    the MB crew are my heros, i'd get them all a red farrari if i could.
    saving up to go to the workshop after prague. best money i will ever spend. marko and wes are my fav. coro is the shit. i hope the mayor of sanfran gives him a massive wall so he can do a huge master piece.
    hardcore and insane are the shiz, so much style and talent, off the show.
    targete and ron are masters of all media. all of you you guys just f*ing rock!
    mullins and feng are standard and heaps of awesome dudes and dudets on CA. best site on the web.

Thanks
    Hallo. My nick is Onis (the original name is not that important anyways...)

I actually promised myself I wouldn't post on this forum until I was enough good, but... recently I noticed that I actually don't have that much people to ask crits for and if I don't get crits, it will be rather difficult to become good enough, so I ended up here to get good enough to post here. I'm a confusing person, btw.
    I started drawing around seven years ago, anime pictures of my rpg character. And I have drawn bad anime pictures until a year & half ago, when I met a certain person, who inspired me to draw from realism and anatomy - just listening to his explanations about art, seeing pictures he sent links about and such, made me want to draw. So I did draw and study a lot more.
    Also the same person showed me conceptart.org, where I have now been lurking for a half year or a bit more...

Favourite artists: Ilkka Lammi & Vovo Tzeng.

I don't yet consider myself drawing nearly enough to take art as a serious hobby, but I'm making myself work more so that I could some day say that art is a serious hobby for me.
    I'm considering opening a sketchbook here to achieve that little closer, but I'm not sure yet...

Ooo... and I live in Finland, where we eat polar bears for breakfast.

:Edit: Not saying anime is a bad style, I like it, but I'm just very bad at it. As well as I'm bad with realism.
    Last edited by Onis M.; July 20th, 2005 at 04:07 AM.

Thanks
    heh, well done war
    Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks
    Welcome all!
    "As you may have noticed, Im not all here my self..."

Give me some love! JARheads SKETCHBOOK of DOOM!

Thanks
    Ah, I guess I'll do this. Even though I've been posting some. o-O

Uhh...My name is Wolfykins. I live in Pennsylvania, right outside of Philadelphia. My art media of choice is photography. I'm going to be a junior in high school soon. I'm hoping to get into University of the Arts in Philly. Not sure what major yet...just Photography. ^^ Um, besides photography, my hobbies include Photoshop, reptiles, RPing, reading, video games, and my boyfriend, of course.

Uh...I have two golden retreivers, 3 cats, and a bearded dragon. My family consits of two older sisters, two older brothers, and a younger brother. I have one of the seemingly evil DeviantArt accounts. http://wolfykins.deviantart.com

That's about it. o-o
    "Life isn't how many breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away."

Thanks

New member here in the mood for writing an introduction. Hi.

Greetings.

I´m noticeably new to the forum and will now resume my story:
    Used to draw a lot when I was an unconcerned little kid, then I came upon CG and stubbornly decided that I could just give traditional medium the laugh and jump right into 3DCG. Took me 5 years to see the mistake and another 5 to do something about it. During these 10 year I thought I could be a philospher, a writer, a computer programmer, a junkie, a musician, and a physicist (I´m still in physics college right now). The only way I ever earned some cash in my life was doing random ilustration works with computer graphics and that is, without any glimpse of doubt, a sign. So, I´d better start drawing for real.

I´ve been lurking CA for an unhealthy long time and after retrieving my jaw, I´m finaly registering. There are certainly some astonishingly wonderful works in here, but even better is the mature critiques and general motivation that one can get just by reading through the posts. Really.

Right now I have only old drawings that I´d rather keep buried and sketches. But I did this little self-portrait today, showing my imaginary neural plug, to go along with the intro...

The Introduction Thread

Well, that's it. Hi . May I have lots of spare time to post here often.

PS. Sorry for any spelling mistakes. It probably happened.

Thanks
    It's about time that i introduced myself.

Name is Benjamin Gonzalez recently decided to try my hand at drawing again. Graduated with a degree in Graphic Design 4 years ago but at the moment I'm completely unhappy with it. during my time in college I bounced from first Illustration to painting to sculpture to photography to graphic design. it took me about 5 years to finish for self indulgent reasons (partying).

Now I'm back to step one. Illustration/Concept Art. Starting all over again. It's a wonder how much you forget over the course of 5 to 7 years. But I'm determined to relearn it.

I'm in South Jersey just a stone throw from Philadelphia, 30 min drive.

Thanks
    Ok, my name is FinalOmega and I'm from Germany. So don't wonder about my weird english ^^'
    I Hope it's not too difficult to understand me.
    I'm sure that I am a little bit younger than most people in this board, hopefully that doesn't matter =P
    I'm drawing since I was a little child, and one part of me is still a little child ^^
    I'm not as professional as most of the others here, but I was so excited by these dudes here, that I had to register :>
    My favourite artist.. hmm thats hard to say.
    at first, it was Nobuhiro Watsuki, the, the drawer (<--I'm not sure if that's the right word Oo') of Kenshin. But at the moment, I don't have a favourite artist.

I hope we all can spend a great time together, in this awesome board :>

-FinalOmega

Thanks
    Wanted to do this as well,

I guess what kick started mypassion was about when I was aboutthree years old and after drawing a snowman my sis asked me to do, she somehowseemed to be amazed by some skill of mine and said I was very talented. I don't know how shemanaged to say that but it sparked my passion for drawing. Since then my main time consumer has been art. I drew cartoons like mad at about 5, goofy wrestlers with large muscles. That kind of thing (always had a thing for exaggerated anatomy) and just at the start of 2004 I got serious and got away from the cartoony stuff. So I've just turned 15 at the start of June and lets see what happens...

Thanks

Hello!

Hello everyone. I am Rayne Gallows, though you may call me Ian if you wish. I am a 23 year old student, currently enrolled in a 2d/3d animation course. I live in Newfoundland Canada, and always busy. I like to create in just about any medium I can work with. I mainly work digitally, with photoshop, after effects and flash, but I also silkscreen, sculpt and mae the occasional latex make up appliance. I tend to create dark and twisted things from anything that weirds me out. I like anything that can get under my skin, yet looks beautifal at the same time. I hope to fit into this interesting place and grow and improve myself.

Thanks
    Welcome all the new members once agian!

Thanks
    Hi everybody! Welcome to CA!
    ~Lover~

Thanks

Keith!

Hey, just wanted to say hello!

Joined CA today, and dug around for an Intro Thread. Thx for starting one! It helps us new guys get aquainted. Been drawing since I learned to walk, though I'm lazy about it, so I don't advance as fast as I should.

I attended the Art Institute of Dallas and am currently looking for a position in the field of Illustration/Graphic Arts.
    Last edited by Fozziebear27; July 26th, 2005 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Picture insert
    Wakka wakka wakka™

Thanks
    Uhm, I'm not that new to the site but I still consider myself on the more new member newbie side then the other sooo
    Hello. My name is Skuli. I'm from Iceland and I'm 15 years old.
    I've been drawing for circa 1 and a half year now and this site has been a great source of inspiration since I joined.
    I have finished two drawing courses, Model drawing and Drawing 1
    I am currently not studying any art but do alot of it in my freetime.
    I am now currently in Boston on a short visit, I've drawn alot of stuff here that I'll put in my sb thread when I come home, put you are of course most welcome on dropping a comment

Sketchbook

"Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it." - Dali

Thanks
    Okay, I'm new to this site, but not really new to art or the web, or messageboards in general, (Thus I decided to look for this before posting anywhere.) I've been drawing ever since I was a toddler, actually, and never lost interest in the hobby. I've done primarily cartooning with a pinch of realistic art here and there (it's not my strong point by any means - I don't like doing realism much). Up until I was about fifteen, I pretty much drew Disney cartoon characters from my favorite shows (though I did some Sailor moon before I was fifteen), as well as Sonic the Hedgehog characters. But, for the past three years I've been doing primarily anime art. Even more recently, I've been looking for a means to use my art for profit. I was Google searching for people needing anime artists, and it brought me to the employment section here! I'm hoping that by staying here I'll find work, make great friends, and grow in my art.

My art can be found here: http://katwarrior.deviantart.com It's not the greatest or best, but there it is. And the stuff near the front right now is over a year old (I've more recent ones after that, it's just that I found those old ones not long ago and decided to re-post them).

...good CRAP I type too much.

Thanks

Hi all

I'm new here.

I am 36 and live in Belgium. I have been drawing for as long as I can remember, up until work got in the way. But now I want to pick up on it again. I will post some works as soon as I get them online properly. Some of my work is here, mostly old analog stuff and some more recent digital fanart (trying to get back in drawing shape).

Anyway I am very impressed with the high quality of the work here and how nice everyone is. Seeing so much excellent work really makes me want to try to improve.

Cheers!

Thanks
    Kat_Warrior I like your hamster a lot, made me laugh. I welcome you and Silly to Conceptart.org!

Thanks
    Hay. I'm a 16 year old, living in Portland, Oregon (USA >_>). I've been drawing since I could hold a pencil, and I love it. What really encouraged me was when, in third grade, I got 1st Place in the drawing competition... My mom still has that piece on the fridge. For a while, during middle school, I was discouraged to draw, so I lost progress in those couple years. I really regret not drawing then, even if I had an artblock. I( lost a lot of time which could be to encourage what skills I had.

I, as a profession, an actually going to get into computers (and hopefully videogames). I was offered an internship at a Third Party Gaming company, which really makes me excited. That could be the enterance I need to get to where I want. On the side, though, I want to be about to make some extra money with my art.

Right now, I'm a mediocre artist at best. I definitely [i]need[/i} to do some anatomical studies, especially for the torso. I, sadly, I learned most of what I can do through drawing anime, instead of real life. I've learned that that is hindered me, and that I really wish I drew more things from life... But, I think I've been improving a lot since then.

I, also, have started up a webcomic, for the purpose of continuing to draw. If I have a weekly deadline to draw, then my art can inprove. I've never done anything like this before, so until I get the hang of it, my webcomic looks a bit... Eh. It isn't my best work: www.atgig.com/btocancel

I forget where I ran across this site, but I know that http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...threadid=18980 is what got me interested in this place. I've had that link for years, and I just finally decided I'd create an account. I guess the art here... intimidated me at first, but now, I realise, I can use that to my advantage. I have the ability to be able to imitate other art styles pretty well. How I truely learn to draw is by watching others, though. It's odd how I can watch someone draw and then be able to nearly copy the strokes. I'm not sure how common that is, or how many people use it... But yeah.

I also love the idea of the Daily Sketch thing... That's awesome.

So yeah, this seems like a great place, and I know I will grow quite fond of all it has to offer. You guys are awesome people.

Thanks
    Hello my name is Colby Williams. I have always liked drawing but I thought I sucked when I was younger. I'm 14 years old never tooken any classes but my friends say i'm allrright. My photobuckets screwed so I havnt posted any new stuff but I'm alot better now than in my sketchbook. Thats all I guess, I havnt been doing much art stuff because its summer.

Thanks
    It has come to my atention that i havent properly introduced my self having been a memeber for a at leats a year now.Well what can i say um well iv been drawing sense i was 5 I love classic kungfu movies you know the ones from the 70s before wires became the focus in modern day kunfu cinema. I love horror Sci-fi and mystery.I also love game design sculpture both digital tactile, Um theres more too me but ill leave that as a Mystery.

MY SKETCH DOOKIES AND PATHETIC TURD MOUND
    MY DIGITAL SCULPTS
    Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"

Thanks
    I got by a lot of names. On the net I'm either Kara of AngelusK. In real life, most of my friends called me Kara. I've been into art since I was...i'm not sure but to be safe, 10 (just like I was and still am into writing at 10). I'm 15 now. I first started drawing anime at 10. Which I continued up to 14. Don't get me wrong, I love drawing anime and manga, but it isn't my fortay. I prefer to do abstract art. I also love to work with watercolor pencils ^^. I also do quite bit of Digital Art. I pretty much dabble in anything and everything, nearly. Just some stuff I don't even go there. XP as most people know me...I'm a full-blown artist, but I suck at it, in my mind. I need a lot to improve. I'm hoping this forum can help ^^ any questions about myself, just ask...cause I may answer, I may not. Yea...I just joined today.

Thanks
    Well welcome all.

I guess I should introduce myself as well, you can find it in my fist post in my Sketchbook in my Sig. Cheers!

Shameless plug

Thanks

Cool

Hey, I'm Infirm and i've been drawing for as long as i can remember. I play guitar (just started ) and i like music of every kind. I am 16 and live in Ontario Canada. I really like computers, programming and creating things. I hope to go to the university of waterlou someday. My favourite artists/bands are Radiohead, Led Zeppelin, pink floyd, jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, Guns n Roses and well everything I am as of typing this listening to Here comes the sun by the beatles.

Rock and/or roll everyone \m/
    - Infirm

Thanks

Red face New

I joined Today
    I'm from germany, so my English isn't the best
    I hope u understand me and I'm happy to be in such a great board with so many
    veryyy talented peole!
    I`ll upload some Pics of mine in near future...we'll see
    Cu next time!

Thanks
    I've been lurking for about 2-3 years. Just started posting--check the sketchbook thread for pics. I added my mugshot into the picture thread too.

I'm thirty-something...yep, old... and I've been drawing in some capacity as far back as I can remember.

I work for The Man and it's not art related. None of my education is in art and I'm sure it shows. However, I'm trying to improve by attending open studio life drawing once or twice a week.

I'm inspired by all of you. Seriously. The fact that so many of the great artists here are teenagers blows my mind.

My current collection of finished works consists of a pile of full sketchbooks. Hopefully, my future collection of finished works will consist of traditional media (pencils/inks) colored/painted digitally.

I live in Arizona where it's damn hot.

Thanks

new and painting

hey all,

my name is mels kroon, and i'm relatively new to caf. i joined some time ago after being advised by my good friend floris didden, artist extroardenare, who some of you may know from insect battle thunderdome.
    i've posted a few sp's b4, but never anything big. recenty i acquired a tablet, and now i've got a wip which is gonna be big and is gonna teach me alot in ps, and since the start was actually quite alright i'm excited to start making it something. but that will all come to you later, let me first tell you sum stuff about myself.

i'm 19, dutch (base of operations right now is leiden, but might move to the hague later on), and i've done art in school for some 6 years before actually starting to become somewhat of an artist just after my last year, which is now a good year ago. i'm very intersted in movies, and i would very much like to go to the filmacademy. this year i'm doing an orientational year for the filmacademy and audio-visual media tought at the hku. so this year will be learning what those studies are like, and what they have to offer to me and how i can get in. so much for school.
    my hobbys include making movies (big one now), photography, drawing and painting (not enough yet), games (duh), judo, katori shinto ryu, reading, tolkien, everything nerdlike, and sum other stuff.
    i've been to a few get togethers caf-members in amsterdam, but it was never more than 8 guys. now with my tablet it's time for me to learn some stuff. i own a practica mirror-reflex camera, and if possible in a while ill scan sum of my best photos and post em at photography thread. right now, enjoy.
    Last edited by burkiman; August 2nd, 2005 at 08:45 AM.
    "D'oh!"
    "A dear."
    "A female dear."

Thanks

Red face

Wellity, an intro...

My name is Murray, and I use 'Sinnyo' as a conceptual handle. I'm initially shocked that I didn't come across this place before - I've been indulging in games concepts for over a year now, largely self-taught given the lack of community available for such exploits. I hope this community will fill that void! I've been drawing for a few years, so am hardly experienced, but am brimming with enthusiasm. The majority of my works get presented at my website, and I sincerely hope plugging www.mthomson.co.uk isn't going to be too rude of me. I've basically come here for selfish reasons in that I could really use some proper guidance, and alsos ense a wealth of inspirational talent here. Hope you don't mind a newb poking his head into everything around here now.

When it comes to my own influences, I'm not all that clued up on artists. I'm a great admirer of works such as Shi Kai Wang's work on Halo, and pieces of true gaming glory such as Michel Ansel's Beyond Good & Evil, however. Heh, maybe I'll find some more mentors while I'm here too!

Anywho, thanks for having me, in advance. ^_^

Thanks

orange skies...

i love orange skies.
    i love photojournalistic photography, and enjoy photographing children.
    i guess that's really all ya need to know.

Thanks

Cow Hello?

Lo all, My name is Sam, Im 14 and umm... well... thats it. I started drawing and animating for fun at the start of this year, Im improving (I think) and Im really enjoying drawing and critting.

Im currently having trouble with anatomy and proportion so if anyone could help me out with that I'll be extremly grateful.

<--- I love that one
    Pain is an illusion of the senses, despair is an illusion of the mind

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast