Hi Guys!!

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: Hi Guys!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wink Hi Guys!!

Hello, i'm new to ConceptArt.org....but i've been viewing the spectacular artwork here for months now. I finally decided to make an account and join in on some contests and just general art threads in hopes of improveing my own artistic skills and horizons. Frankly right now, compared to most of the users on this site (like 97% of them.) I feel rather noobtastic next to them. but who knows, maybe i'll get better? or maybe someone might actually like my stuff...who knows...one never knows...i certainly dont.

So i hope you guys welcome me in around here, and i guess take a look at my portfolio while i come back tommorow and make a proper thread to display some samples and see how i hold up to the C&C department.

Thanks for reading this, and a special thank you ahead of time if you say hi and are all nice and stuff.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Will you get better from this site?

YES YOU WILL!

thats if you dont spend all your time here like all of us do.

Dont worrie I Feel nubish around everyone eles here too

Well Welcome to Conceptart.org!

"As you may have noticed, Im not all here my self..."

Give me some love! JARheads SKETCHBOOK of DOOM!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks jarhead for the kind welcome. i certainly hope so...I feel the need that my artwork needs improveing...i havent been in an art class and ages, and people on DA are not really helpful in that department. I just hope i can take the harsh C&C. i'm a tad bit sensitive. but i'll bite my lip and grin and bear it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you really want to get better from this here site, than I highly suggest making your own sketchbook!

Sketching daily is key to getting better, As you probly already know.

Everyone has room for improvment.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I'm New Too

Hey Hey! Welcome to all newbies.
    I'm new around these parts too. I just wanted everyone to check out work at my website and hollah back.

The 3rd

www.thenao.typepad.com

THE NEW ART ORDER =
    THE NAOhttp://thenao.typepad.com/joseph_r_wheeler_iii_conc/
    EVOLUTION Npld:W!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heya Kitty!

Leave any and all sensitivity at the door, along with your shoes, please. If you're not used to a crit-heavy enviroment, you may be a little shell-shocked at first. Stick it out and always post a new piece hoping and expecting people to tell you whats wrong with it, not whats great about it.

Like what's-his-face said, its an awesome place to learn if you take advantage of it.

On the fringes of "acceptable" observation and commentary.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heya, Kittywolf!
    You get extra bonus points for the term "rather noobtastic." That was cute, and warrants you one "Get out of being skinned alive" critique pass from me.

So, is your DA account under the same nickname? Now that you've revealed yourself, and the fact that you have work over there, I know everyone wants to see it.

What type of art do you like to do best? Characters, creatures, environments, what? And what is your preferred medium? A sketchbook is a good idea if you're into Traditional, but a folder in your My Documents works just as well if you're into Digital.

Either way, we look forward to seeing more of you around here.

~M

Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional
    I am The Choosen One!
    Jason sez: Draw more from Life!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile

Welcome. I added your siloute-mirage account to my devWatch on dA, and I look forward to seeing more of your work. If you ever want to do some networking in oC, feel free to ask. ::solitary tear streams down cheek::

~Rogue

I've got all the courage I'll ever need ~ I wax poetic on my enemies ~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ JarHead...by makeing my own sketchbook i assume you mean the threads i've seen in the unfinished section? or do you mean actually make myself an actual sketch book from scratch??

I havent really had a chance to look around. i've been really busy with a job i'm doing this week, so its alwasy late when i check here...and i'm usually exhausted at that point. like right now. @_@;

@ Undefeated: i will try my best to leave the sensitivy at the door. i can usually accomplish that but sometimes it just gets to me...i tend to be emotinal and sensitive. but no worries, i'm not the type to flame or any of that stuff.

@ Madster: Glad you liked my word "Newbtastic" lol! i love makeing up weird words...sometimes people have to learn a new language when they talk to me. and to answers your questions:

1.) My DA account is Http://siloute-mirage.deviantart.com

2.) I usually do character designs...unfortunatly i spent most of my childhood doing anime-inspired art. so its been heavily influenced by that. i do like it, although lately i'm trying to branch out to more traditional means...but its been hard, every time i progress i end up regressing back to it. but most of my work is digital because its easier and looks nicer but i prefer more traditonal meadiums. (That and my scanner refuses to scan anything color now adays so its just less of a hassel to do it on the computer.) I usually do character concepts, portraits, sometimes comics (i'm trying to hash one out.) i've made a few attempts at abstract art, realism, portraits, vehicles, about the only thing i havent really done is landscapeing.

I hope to find some sort of happy meadium between the expressive and simplified demenor of anime, and the beautiful detailed work of realism (or something remotely near realism.)

@ Luthian Rogue: thanks for adding me to your watch. i appreciate it. i took a quick look through your gallery and i really like what i see there. i would love to OC with you. if i can get it to work again for me...;_; that and i have the older version. 1.1 but i would love that.

Thanks guys for the warm welcome!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This site will definiately make you better.. it's very inspirational.... also I have to blame Android, Marko, Poshspice, flaptraps and all of these crazy punks for making it a bit discouraging at times. Because THAT level of skill can soemtimes seem unattainable... But then other days you'll wake up and say "Fudge it, I WILL be in thier ranks one day!!'

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor
    Because THAT level of skill can soemtimes seem unattainable... But then other days you'll wake up and say "Fudge it, I WILL be in thier ranks one day!!'
    And we will rue the day when it comes! RUE!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Everyone will rue the day I stop making typos.

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i rue every day. saves time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah i can only hope i can ever attain such high levels of artistic abilities. i alwasy laugh at people when they tell me i draw well...i'm like "You've never looked at the artists on line have you?" ;_; i feel bad that i neglected art classes in high school...i'd probably be so much better now. :/

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.