Thread: My Intro.

Thanks

Talking My Intro.

Hi, Iím kind of new here, did not know about this section of the forum? Anyways Iím not to good at introductions sooooo I guess here it goes, never had any formal training in the arts (self taught) but Iíve made a living doing it for years (I donít know how). Iíve worked as an artist for InstallShield software as well as a production artist for a television show called Early Edition and also for the Chicago Tribune. Right now Iím looking towards trying to have more fun with what I do after work and I think this is a great place to have it. I guess thatís it, wasnít too bad? Looking forward to learning a whole lot here. ĖRodney

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Welcome to this here forum!
    "As you may have noticed, Im not all here my self..."

Give me some love! JARheads SKETCHBOOK of DOOM!

On the fringes of "acceptable" observation and commentary.
    Thanks
    Welcome, Rodney!
    I gotta ask. Having used InstallShield for years now, what art did you create for it? Is it anything I see as I.S. does its little slider-bar thingy as I install and uninstall various applications? (Oooh, I met this guy on one of my Forums, he drew the blue bar under the name for InstallShield! Look, LOOK! There it is! Ooops, you missed it. Maybe next time... )

What is your general area of interest, art-wise? With your background being so much more "popular art," rather than "fine art," what art and artists do you like when you are not "working?"

Hope you enjoy your stay here!

~M
    Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional
    I am The Choosen One!
    Jason sez: Draw more from Life!

Thanks
    JARhead: Thanks for the warm welcome!

Madster: Thatís hilarious . When I was at IS, I produced artwork for all of their Apps.. I think at the time there were six or seven? I did a lot of illustration and animation work for them for digital use as well as print. One of the most interesting apps. That they have is called DemoShield, Its kind of like Macromedias Director. As far as my interests go. I really like fantasy, Sci-fi and Horror work (all mediums). For artists I would have to say Frazetta, Michealangelo, Dali, Mead, Jones, Harris, Berkey and Jae lee to name a few. I guess I get more energy from them than influence. I remember someone once told me not to live through other peoples work. I did not get it at the time but a few years later I did. And when I did, my work started to improve. Thanks for taking the time out to post.

-Rodney