Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks

Pheobe the cat (and rant) *update*

update* figured I'd give updates on pheobes status, we're hoping she makes it, and if she does we'll have to adapt to a handicapped kitty... which will require a lot of creativity and patience. updated at bottom.

What happend to human responsibility?

When something bad happens with someone's dog, why is it always the animals fault? or why do we have the tendency to say that all dogs of that breed or bad?

The 2 pits across the street are being put down as we speak. Do they deserve it? Yes and No.

My cat is at the vet on IV, laying there with both her back legs ripped out of socket. She's got cuts all over where the two pits bit into her. She used a few of her nine lives and didn't get her back broken in the process.

The Spca came and picked the dogs up after the attack (in our yard btw). The neighbors flat out lied and said the dogs weren't theirs... Sooo those two dogs in your BACK YARD, that you put up after the attack, aren't yours ? Those dogs we watched you bring home as puppies? Jerks. Those dogs that keep running back to YOU. Jerks. They took two cute puppies home, and chained them out back, half starved them and taught them that aggressive fighting was good. Those jerks... So then they don't keep those now adult dogs properly contained, anytime they wanted to get out, they could and did. Did I mention we live next to an elementary school?

The thing that pisses me off the most AFTER the fact that they mauled my little kitty is the fact that they hurt their dogs. The fact that they hurt ALL pit bulls by their stupid idiot macheesmo actions. like this

Can pits be good dogs? Meet Fenris, he's our other pet. He's a pit bull (maybe a mutt... definately a mutt if anyone asks) He's 110lbs of sweet cuddly loving. He lets the kids pull his ears, tackle him, fall asleep using him as a pillow. He loves our little hurt kitty (and not in a viloent way) He won't play with a squeaky toy because when it squeaks he thinks he's hurting it. He is unintentionally trained to help me when I can't walk on my own (yay) He will walk slowly next to me letting me put my weight on him when I'm having an attack and can't get around.

The vet says that pits are born killers. Yeah well same can be said about humans now can't it?

They can be raised right. ... Oh? they say if they attacked someone it would still hurt/kill them? Well heck yes... and if my pit attacks someone while breaking into my house or attacking me then they damn well deserved it the jackass.

After today though we've realized that our big dog is just a charade. If someone were to attack me and my dog defended me... oh its not the dog you have to worry about... When I saw what was happening in our front yard I went at those two pit bulls with the ferocity of a mother protecting her young. One ran off before I could touch it (smart dog) the other was intent on killing my baby... They never once considered attacking me (and my big stick I was weilding), just running, and I almost chased them down. Once my adrenaline left me, I couldn't even walk... err so I'm sitting here ranting... thanks a lot for letting me rant.

I just want both my babies to be ok Poor pheobe in pieces at the vet ... stupid jerks across the street ... I'm just going to keep mumbling things I shouldn't say out loud now.

Marie (one pissed off mommy)

edit *here is a picture of pheobe, I didn't take one afte the attack, we rushed her to the vet of course*

Pheobe the cat (and rant) *update*
    Last edited by Marie; July 20th, 2005 at 03:52 PM. Reason: update
    --marie--

Don't forget to read the stickied FAQ's before posting

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Awww Marie i'm so sorry! My good friend had her cat attacked by two dogs too, not as severe at Pheobe but still pretty bad. As an animal lover myself, i think that it is really humans fault for messing with nature. I hope your lil kitty gets better and hope you're ok.
    ~Lover~

P.S She's a beautiful cat btw

Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 399 Posts
    I'm so sorry to hear this! I hate it when animals get hurt, especially when it comes down to the damn owner being a dick and totally an asshole. I really hope your beautiful cat recovers totally.
    I'd give them asshole owners a good bashing if it was me and i'm not a violent person. but damn if if that happened to any animal or my gf someone would get hurt.
    SHes a great looking cat, best of luck and love to her.

Thanks
    What an awful story. I can't believe those two pricks didn't fess up. Definite candidates for retroactive abortion, as my old English teacher used to say.

And that is a gorgeous cat. Hang in there. Hope everything works out for you.

Thanks
    Thats a shame, hope it gets better.

I agree nice looking cat!
    "As you may have noticed, Im not all here my self..."

Give me some love! JARheads SKETCHBOOK of DOOM!

Thanks
    god. shouldn't the owners be arrested?
    this is basically the nature or nurture argument with dogs. i hope pheobe will be okay.

p.s. scotland weeps for you. it's raining like hell over here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Doom
    "You can do whatever you want son, I couldn't possibly be anymore ashamed of you than I already am."

That what my father told my when I was ten and I told him I wanted to be an artist when I grew up.

Thanks
    im gonna have to get the cliffs notes for this post.

Thanks
    cliff notes:

2 dogs attack my cat
    I chase them down with a big stick
    cat goes to vet with lots of injuries
    Neighbors deny ownership of dogs
    enter rant
    the end

They should be arrested but they get off clean by saying "no officer those dogs in our back yard aren't ours"

I'm a little calmed down now, sorry about the rant, but it sure did help to say that "out loud" rather than just letting it stew.
    --marie--

Thanks
    if you shoot their dogs they will be forced to claim ownership . Or they would have to let it go and not get busted for lying about it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blahm
    if you shoot their dogs they will be forced to claim ownership . Or they would have to let it go and not get busted for lying about it.
    I see no loop holes in this plan ...
    "As you may have noticed, Im not all here my self..."

Give me some love! JARheads SKETCHBOOK of DOOM!

Thanks
    Wow, that just sucks ass all around. First and foremost, I hope your kitty recovers. I know how horrible that must feel. I'd hate it if anything happened to my cat.

And secondly, I would most definately pursue your neighbors in any way possible. That's stupid and irresponsible, both to treat an animal that way, and then to not properly contain it and take responsibility when it gets loose. I know that it's small consolation, but you could, at the very least, file charges and threaten to sue for medical costs. Force them to take responsibility. If they've had these dogs since puppies, testify to it. Get it on record.

God, what the fuck is wrong with some people?

Again, I really hope your cat is ok.
    "Every generation sees the past though the lens of its own time." - Thom Hartmann

Thanks
    Thank you guys for all the well wishes, the vet called this evening and said that he thinks she is going to make it, though he's not sure if she will regain the use of one of her hind legs.

Agreed, I think we are going to take them to court, they need to be held accountable.
    --marie--

Thanks
    You've gotta take them to court. Not just on the grounds of being irresponsible pet owners, but also from a point where they want to absolve responsibility by abandoning their pets. You never abandon your dog even if they did something bad. NEVER.
    There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    Man's best friend... yet these people don't think they need to recipricate that loyalty. You definately don't abandon a best friend. Wankers...

Anyways, I sincerely hope your cat pulls through alright and gets back to a happy life.

Thanks
    set their letterbox on fire

Thanks
    I had a similar incident recently when a neighbor's dog mauled two alley cat kittens that I was taking care of until I found them a home. I don't mind if animals kill and eat each other, but mauling is bad. I had to kill two mauled and dying kittens at 2am and that is just not an easy thing for me to do. Too bad about the neighbor's dog, he should have paid attention to the leash law....
    Last edited by bat; July 20th, 2005 at 07:04 AM.
    ----------------------------------------
    Sans la colère. Sans la haine. Et sans la pitié.

I always find myself instinctively arrayed on the side of the barbarian, against the powers of organized civilization. -- Robert E. Howard

Writer, illustrator and artist.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by waronmars
    I like it! Do that, or if you don't wanna get arrested, i will . I'm only 14, i need a criminal record
    ~Lover~

P.S Glad your Kitty is getting better Marie

Thanks
    That's terrible what happened! I feel so bad for you, I hope Phoebe will make a complete recovery and get back the use of her legs.

I once did an essay on pit bulls and how the dogs are being banned from cities. As you pointed out, it's not the dogs fault at all. It's their owners! They raised the animal to be that way, and you and your pet are forced to pay the price. It makes me so mad that people can raise their dog to be vicious. I'm really sorry that this happened to you, you seem like such a nice person who didn't deserve this at all!
    "Life isn't how many breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away."

Thanks
    Update July 20:

Vet called again this morning and said they weren't sure if she would walk again, that there is spinal damage after all. They asked if we wanted her put to sleep we said no.

We're going to visit her today and we'll find out within the next couple days the extent of the damage.

We're already looking up cat carts, little wheel chair things for cats. Its her 2 back legs so we'd have to get (make) a little cart to her size that support her back side comfortably, and give her mobility. There are some places out there that make them, but they also seem to be nice enough to give direction on how to make them yourself. So the next few days will be spent working up an initial design and looking at the hardware stores for the materials.

I guess I should change the subject of the thread and I can give you updates if you want. The making of the cat cart proves to be interesting, and of course her acceptance of it.

We're off to the vet now, thanks again for letting me vent and the support, it helps a lot.
    Last edited by Marie; July 20th, 2005 at 01:38 PM. Reason: excess of typos
    --marie--

Thanks
    The cat cart is a great idea. I've seen them in use before on dogs, and the animal usually really takes to it. I'm so glad to hear that you guys aren't giving up on her. Hope she gets better soon.
    "Life isn't how many breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away."

Thanks
    It's great you chose to keep the cat and not put it to sleep. People who can't handle animals to begin with tend to get big aggressive dogs. Good luck with your cat, i'm glad it's alive.

Thanks
    oh wow...I'm so sorry to hear about this
    bee-dubya-keo
    neo•keo sketchbook
    http://keo-art.blogspot.com/
    http://brendankeough.com/

East meets West sketchbooks:
    Helzon - R.I.P. Redehlert Undertow Sartell BDFoster Anticonnor

Thanks
    that is terrible; I am so sorry to hear that...
    One of my friends has a couple of pit bulls who are a couple of the friendliest you'll ever meet. The owners are solely to blame.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by waronmars
    screw the letterbox, set their lawn on fire! i think that'd get the message around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Doom
    "You can do whatever you want son, I couldn't possibly be anymore ashamed of you than I already am."

That what my father told my when I was ten and I told him I wanted to be an artist when I grew up.

Thanks
    Set them on fire!.... That was a bit Sadistic wasn't it?
    ~Lover~

On the fringes of "acceptable" observation and commentary.
    Thanks
    Marie, as you can tell, a lot of us are in deep sympathy with you for your kitty. I am SO sorry you had this happen, and whatever you decide for the best of you and your kitty will be done with Love, I'm sure.

Please DO keep us all updated. We're here for you and Phoebe in spirit.

~M
    Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional
    I am The Choosen One!
    Jason sez: Draw more from Life!

Thanks
    I hate owners who screw up animals like that. Somebody should tie them up and starve them and beat them and see how they feel.

-Mollyduker

Thanks
    Thank you Madster, and everyone. You have no idea how hard it is to keep my husband away from the guns right now eh...

Our visit didn't go so well. The vet met with us beforehand and explained that she wasn't improving like they wanted her too, instead of gaining more movement ability, she's losing it. She is just laying there with a little victorian collar and hooked up to an iv. Its a waiting game now, though it sounds like he's preparing us for the worst. We'll know more tomorrow.
    --marie--

Thanks
    AWWWWW! I think i may just cry... I really hope she pulls thru. If that was my cat, i don't know what i'd do. Hope she pulls thru
    *big huggles and lotsa love*
    ~Lover~

Thanks
    The way I see it, these people deserve to learn a lesson. If they trained these dogs to be mean, they'll likely do it again. Next time it might not be some cat, it might be a little kid that gets hurt, or even killed. If I were you I'd get more neighbors to help you out claiming it was their dogs and to get the law involved more. Besides that, they should pay for the vet expenses. If they got attack dogs in their back yard, they sound like they are trying to hide something (drugs?). Not only is this cat suffering, but obviously those dogs were. It takes torture to turn a dog to be mean like that. Your neighbors deserve to serve time in jail or at least pay a fine and damages IMO.
    -Brad Cossey

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast