Thanks

Transformers live action movie

-=[ Sinister Six Sketch Group ]=-
    -=[ Cookiedough Fooxoo |ntern Hyver Character Evildisco]=-

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Steven Spielberg...possibly directing Transformers....nipples getting extremely hard...
    -Call me Semaj for short.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssenkrah Semaj
    Steven Spielberg...possibly directing Transformers....nipples getting extremely hard...
    i never really liked transformers...or GoBots...
    Do you know the muffinman?

Originally Posted by creatix
    Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.

Thanks
    Agreed. Transformers had nothing on Robotech. Don't get me started on Go-Bots...
    [][][][] DRAW EVERYDAY [][][][]>

Thanks
    It can't be a bad thing. The original art looked like shit, and, come to think of it, I have yet to see a transformer that doesn't look like a retarded throwback to the block-mechs of the 80s in one way or another. I figure that they'll have to do something interesting if they want a live action movie. And since Hollywood seems to alienate fans of cartoons and video games through redesigns, it's a safe bet that the transformers in the movie will probably look decent (read: nothing like the originals).

Es fließt durch meine Venen, Es schläft in meinen Tränen
    Es läuft mir aus den Ohren, Herz und Nieren sind Motoren

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by otherside
    Agreed. Transformers had nothing on Robotech. Don't get me started on Go-Bots...
    Agreed robotech is the shiznit...my fav anime of all time

Thanks
    If they make a live-action Transformer movie, why not a live-action G.I. Joe movie? I was never a Transformer fan myself though. I liked Exo Squad and Dino Riders more than Transformers. I'd like to see any of those made into movies.
    -Brad Cossey

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Thanks
    There was a big rig in the comic-con main hall that was covered, as a promo for the live action TF movie. I asked the girl minding the exhibit and she said it was only a promo, the drape over the rig wouldnt be coming off. That certainly pissed me off... so I hit her...

Well not really..

Then I spoke to a buddy of mine at dreamworks but he said that he knew nothing of the production. He and I were surprised that a date of release appeared on the promo, being in July of 2007 if I recall, considering he didn't believe that pre-production hadn't commenced yet. Last I heard the script wasn't even chosen and Michael Bay would be directing it. I was only able to be at the 'con for a day, so I couldn't see the whole scoop if something was going to be announced on the last day.

Last reports of the eventual movie didn't sound promising as there was an agreement that there would be no size changing, i.e. no Megatron turning into a gun, no Soundwave turning into a tape player. I find this a bit alarming because if you stayed uniform with scale, Starscream (an F-15) would probably dwarf Prime. Also, not conforming to the orginal designs would certainly be dissapointing to the fans. There was also a report that there would only be 5 or so robots for each side, with no extended cast.

Personally, I could see a potential marketing orgy considering how many real life cars would be turning into robots. Think VW wouldn't be pleased with a brand new beatle product placement in the form of Bumblebee? How about a Porche Jazz edition? Hell.. even McDonnell Douglas would get a bump... true it would be as a giant, screetchy voiced, hell raising, meniacle robot, but press is press.

So we shall see I suppose.. I'll be waiting to see what comes of it. Till then maybe I can weasle my way into working on the movie somehow. *childhood dream!*
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed, The world in arms is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from an iron cross."

...I have a sketchbook?

Thanks
    Last I heard Spiel is planning to direct as well as making it a very personal story between a teenager and his car, I am guessing a teenage highschool kid who somehow gets pulled into an intersteller war between the Autobots and Dec's. Bumblebee would be a very appropriate choice in all of this although he was by far the worst character in the franchise.

After seeing WotW I can say I am very confident in DW and ILM to pull something incredible off visually.

Thanks
    Michael bay will direct and steven will be an executive producer.

Thanks
    official websiter:
    http://www.transformerslive.com/
    michal bay is directing spielburg exutive produce and tom desanto is also producing.
    no word on story yet. rumor is that megatron might be a tank and soundwave is a helacopter. just rumors though.

Thanks
    THIS ALL MEANS NOTHING IF THEY DON'T GET THE ORIGINAL VOICE OF OPTIMUS PRIME!!!!!! If they get that guy who does Optimus in the new cartoons i'm not going to see it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bracomadar
    I liked Exo Squad and Dino Riders more than Transformers. I'd like to see any of those made into movies.
    I think you're my new best-friend --- *glances at his nearly complete Dino-Riders/Exo-Squad boxed collection*

So... Michael Bay's directing? ...... I guess that's the end of that.
    (I'll see Island, and see if he can't redeam himself...)

Thanks
    If they make a live-action Transformer movie, why not a live-action G.I. Joe movie? I was never a Transformer fan myself though. I liked Exo Squad and Dino Riders more than Transformers. I'd like to see any of those made into movies.
    i'd kill for an exo squad movie. i'd be way more enthused for exo squad. this TF movie m ight look great, but it might suck if your a crazy die hard TF fan

Thanks
    Exo-squad was really good...*cough*Robotech *cough*Rip-off

Thanks
    Lets just say that it was the best show on the air, ripoff or not.

Es fließt durch meine Venen, Es schläft in meinen Tränen
    Es läuft mir aus den Ohren, Herz und Nieren sind Motoren

Thanks
    I dunno. I don't think Speilberg will direct this. They filmed the movie "The Love Letter" in my hometown several years ago, and it was a film that Spielberg was only producing, and he was there, all over the place, but still didn't actually "direct" the movie. He seems to get very involved in stuff that he just produces, thats probably what will happen im guessing.

Thanks
    I hope they're not putting too much emphasis on a boy-robot-relation or anything sentimental. i know spielberg tends to do so, but hell - it's a movie about giant robots.

oh and... harness the power of dinosaurs!

Thanks
    Ok, we've heard from the Exo Squad and Dino Rider fans out there, now how about some G.I. Joe fans. I know you have to be out there guys. I swear to God, my dad burned mine in a fire pit. I'm not kidding. He did it with my consent and I've always hated myself for letting him. I feel dirty now and am going to take the longest shower of my life now Looking back on it, I could see an Exo Squad movie, but Dino Riders would be tough to market seriously. Personally, I don’t think there’s a writer in Hollywood that could think that hard. Ohhhhhhhhh ;p
    -Brad Cossey

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Thanks
    GI Joe is the codename for america's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

Cobra -la la la la la!

"Like my blind ninja master used to say the keenest eye is that which looks within."-Jinx

"Your goin home in a bag, an itty, bitty, ditty bag." - SGT. Slaughter

"Know that I am the one you seek! I am the one born to rule, destined to conquer! Let those who fear me follow me. Let those who oppose me die! For I am Serpentor, and this I command!" -Serpentor

Gi joe the movie rocked especially the end when Seargent slaughter was beating down nemesis enforcer and everytime he slammed him he dedicated it it to someone else "and This one is for the U.S. Of A!!!"

Sorry couldn't stop once I started....

Thanks
    Ok, we've heard from the Exo Squad and Dino Rider fans out there, now how about some G.I. Joe fans. I know you have to be out there guys. I swear to God, my dad burned mine in a fire pit. I'm not kidding. He did it with my consent and I've always hated myself for letting him.
    Well... now we know, and knowing is half the battle!

That's also a sad, sad thing. Mine all broke at one point or another, mostly the rubber bands holding their torso and legs together. I still have one though, the red ninja with what looks like a fencing mask. Slash, or Slice, or... something blade-related.

Thanks
    I can't see Speilberg doing it either. While I loved the cartoons I really can't see how they could make a good movie out of it. I am still very curious about it though. As long as it is nothing like beastwars, I would like to see it. I don't really know that much about Robotech, I do like the mech designs.