Sketchbook: For A Good Time Click Here!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: For A Good Time Click Here!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Post For A Good Time Click Here!

Hello all, I'm new here, (well I've been lurking in the shadows for some time) and I've decided to enlist in the CA army - finally. I've seen quite a bit of work here, and I must say that this place is a GOLDMINE of talent, so perhaps I could add a vein of my own to this art deposit. I'm gonna start off with all of the work that I currently have scanned in. Most of my stuff is pencil, but I'm trying to get into different media. . . I've begun to work in ps, but nothing majorly exciting yet. (Oh, and thanks for the wonderful ps tuts, whoever it was who made it - I'll make sure to credit you as soon as I can find the post again or as soon as someone else beats me to it.) Anyway, here it is. Enough blabbing Nick. *zips mouth/keyboard*

About a 1 - 1&1/2 years ago, finetip marker & colour pencils. From Majesty games.

Some more recent stuff. . . perhaps a few months ago?

more recent still, maybe 2 weeks ago. . . ballpoint pen

A CD cover I'm working on for a friend's band. Not finished, but maybe this will help me motivate myself to finish it. Need cleaning up yet, and more to go in the top. The album is called "The Space Beneath". Get it? It's like, outer space beneath the floor boards, space beneath see? see? heh. . .

So. . . I'm going to try to make this at least a semi-weekly SB, if not daily, as I don't know if I have the time to keep a daily routine up. I'm going to try to do art more often though, as I really need the practise.

C&C PLEASE!!! Be honest, it's the best way for me to improve! Thanks!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    PS tut was killing people, I believe! Boy that sounds bizarre. . .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not much else to see here, just one illo from tonight. Computer all FUBAR, just got it fixed.
    This is for a small art auction held by the Foundation for Enriching Education through Art.
    C&C welcome

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice tones on that last one. Hope it brings in money for the organization. there are some spots on the white space that could be a bit cleaner. there is something funky going on with the left side of the face (our right). the shading seems to take on a differen color. It may have been caused by smudgeing?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bengonzalez - Thanks for the crit. Actually, the funny tones are not on the original piece. The smudges and tones are from a combination of a crummy scanner and a lack of PS right now to edit that out. It also came out a bit darker than the original.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay, not too much new (I'm really bad at this). First off I've got a crummy doodle page, not much, but here it is:

And the second (and last) is a picture I did of an ex-president. Any guesses as to whom it is supposed to be?

That's it, hopefully more soon. C&C please!!!!
    Oh, and sorry about the crummy scan.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    billy clinton!
    cool stuff. i like how you shade. nice job

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Berf - no, it's regan! Oh wait, I guess you're right. Thanks!

Okay, not much, (again ), but I got my first Wacom last night, so that's REALLY SWEET! I did this one, 5-10 minutes each - very slow, I know, depicting my pets. I had the dogs sleeping on the floor beside me for ref, but the cat was from memory (as you might be able to tell). Anyway, yesh, here it is.

must go make more "art".

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If I post quick this will be still on Friday (in my time zone at any rate). Just a speed doodle I did for no real reason. Anyway, here it is.

hope you all enjoy.
    C&C welcome at all times. Dank!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    a nice progress can be seen in your work. good job, keep it up. i really liked the last colored animals. my advice would be doing more life drawings and anatomy studies. last one is a good step towards that direction.

ender coşkun
    my old sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ender- Thanks for the muchas kind words. I tried to do some anatomy studies today, but I don't have much in the way of anatomy references. I used a muscle mag for the first one, and the Eyewitness Skeleton book for the incomplete hand. The muscles are almost entirely guesswork, I just used what I could see on the surface to surmise what might be underneath. If anyone has any useful sites or titles for me to look into I would very much appreciate it!

Okay, and these are just silly little sketches of beasts of burden. And I know that the anatomy is off on the horses, that's the way I designed them. I wanted a tiny bit of jackrabbit influence, but I'm not sure I got it.

Thanks for looking, and as always, C&C most appreciated!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.