Thanks

Creating mask layers in painter 7?

I want to be able to create a layer for my scanned pen renderings so that I will be able to paint behind them and still see the pen line. So far all I can think of is to adjust the opacity, but then I lose quality on the foreground image. Does anyone have any idea how I can create this layer that will allow me to paint in the background while still maintaining a vibrant and visible foreground?
    Everything that grows holds in perfection but a little moment.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hi,

This one is easy.

With your line work on the Canvas, use Select > All (or Ctrl/Command+A), then click inside the selection with the Layer Adjuster tool (hand with pointing index finger) to lift the Canvas to a Layer. This is Layer 1.

If you want to rename Layer 1, double click Layer 1 in the Layers list to open the Layer Attributes dialog box. You'll see Layer 1 highlighted. Just type the new name and click the OK button.

Notice that even when you close the Canvas Eye icon, the Layer 1 background is still white. At the top of the Layers section, choose Gel from the Composite Method drop down menu. Now the Layer 1 background is transparent and you can see the blank white Canvas where you can paint.

You can also paint on another Layer or multiple Layers by choosing New Layer from the Layers section menu (upper right corner of the Layers section), then dragging them below your line work Layer (Layer 1 or whatever you renamed it).

Happy Coloring!
    Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory