Painter help needed - URGENT
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Painter help needed - URGENT

Hi, can someone please help me. I am trying to do a digital painting and want to go for a rendering style like Feng Zhu.

What brushes do i use?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Unhappy ... hi.

dude, i don't mean to be rude... but it takes years of proper education, training, hard working and none stop practicing, etc. in order to become that good. =_=.

Become a good artist/painter is never "just a brush", and it is never as easy as many beginers expected.

again, i don't mean to be rude, and please forgive me if i sound rude... but, some times it takes more than talking to become a good artist or painter. in some case, even after one have done all the hard work... he/she still need real talent to get them from artist/painter to a really good artist/painter. (as i often question myself if i really know how to draw or paint... and i am trying to fix that myself. T_T.)

anyway, been an artist/painter isn't easy... especially when it comes to make a living. >_<. but if you still hope to get into the field, i would suggest you to go take some art and design training (can be self-tought using tutorials, but going to school will speed up the learning progress, good luck.) and if you really want to draw and paint the style like the artist you like, i would suggest you to purchase their training/educational CD/DVD/books, etc, that help you understand them and their work a little better.

hope i am not making this too heavy, but i hope you understand that people put in many years of hard working, effort, education, practicing and nature talent to become a good artist/painter... the road to become a real good artist/painter isn't any easier than becoming a doctor or lawyer, etc.

Cheers, and happy painting. ^_^.

L.L.

i want to improve... please teach me!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

To some extent I agree that education may help on the road to learning how to draw and paint, but becoming an artist is not something, in my opinion, that can be passed on to you buy a highly paid school.

To me it's like being a musician. Sure I could have lessons on how to read music and play an instrument, but does that necessarily make me one?

Art is an innate talent, something that comes from within. Every time an artist creates a piece a small part of him is exposed for all the world to see. That's not something that can be taught.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, sorry i was a bit vague with my request.

Meowy - I know the road to becoming an artist isn't as simple as 123. And it will take alot of hard work for me to be as good as Feng....But i have been drawing since as long as i can remember and i am still relatively young compared to some of those artist, and with a few years of mastering digital work and working on my analogue work i believe i will be at that level. I have still not got round to doing a large project to show my true potential and people just seem to judge me on what they've seen (a few quick sketches on my temp site).

Also that it is not just a brush that will make the difference but knowing what brushes to use for certain styles would be a help.

As for going to an art college, i might aswell sit by a drain and chuck my cash down it! For something that can be learned from books, the net and dvd's for almost free, design school is a big price to pay.

AussieArtist, this is something i agree with! And whilst someone may be a musician on the inside, they may find it difficult to express themselves when getting to grips with a new instrument!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "As for going to an art college, i might aswell sit by a drain and chuck my cash down it! For something that can be learned from books, the net and dvd's for almost free, design school is a big price to pay. "

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile goo luck yo~

J2XA, hi. i am glad you didn't take my advices the wrong way.
    as for me to offer my advice, i do mean "art/painting commercially.)

First, i agree that art is some thing that came within, and i do respect almost all artist and painter who draw and paint their own creation for their own pleasure, for every fine artist has their own style, thought and way of expression.
    no offense, i totally agree that one can paint good work without going to school, etc.
    However, working commercially can be a different story... (i made my own mistakes, so i know. =_=.) certain typr of look, feel and knowledge of how to please people other than the artist him/herself; and some times even the use of colour and styles are critically important for the surviving in art and design feild. so, unless you plan to live as a fine artist rather than commercial artist like storyboarder and C.A., you would still have to compromise with what the industry need.

anyway, got'a run. (30minute rest after lunch. =_=.)

Cheers, and happy painting.

L.L.

p.s. i am sorry i don't know how to communicate very well, i hope i didn't sound like i was giving a lecture (i am not qualify to do that, as i am not any where near an art/painting expert, i am trying my best to learn and improve myself. however, if i did sound like i was teaching or giving lecture, my apology, and i really didn't mean it, i was only trying to help by sharing my opinion. )
    p.s.2. dude (ChemicalBeat), thank you for sharing the information, i will check it out as soon as i have a chance, i need that, too. .

Last edited by meowy; July 8th, 2005 at 01:56 PM.
    i want to improve... please teach me!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've only seen Feng working in Photoshop, so I don't know what brushes he uses in Painter. You can however go to the website of Ryan Church and check out his link "how I work", there you will find some guidance on which brushes to use in Painter (he is one of my favourite concept artists).
    http://ryanchurch.com/03HIW.htm

Again, the brushes don't make you a great artist, but then again I'm not here to lecture you on that subject, I'm just trying to answer your question.
    Good luck with Painter!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Meowy and chemicalbeats, thanks for the advice I've also checked someone of the older tutorials for painter and they've been quite useful!

I didn't mean to offend anyone with the art/design school comment, but for me it would be a complete waste of time. I am already in the middle of my degree and i personally feel that they cannot teach me anymore than what i can learn from the net and books etc or what i have already learned from others. I think the reason most people benefit from art college is because of the amount of drawing they do Which if you spent the same amount of time a course takes, working on art and posting it here for crits and comments, you would probably end up no different!

Again thanks for helping

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.