I need to come up with a solution.
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: I need to come up with a solution.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I need to come up with a solution.

Last year I graduated from senior high school or whatever you call it (upper secondary school?), 12th grade anyway, and I want to be an artist in some form (concept or 3d or whatever, I want to CREATE!). Only problem is I realised this just a couple of months ago.

Now I was thinking to get some kind of education in art, but there's problems.

Some schools require you to send in stuff you've made etc, and others charge sky-high fee's.
    Either that or I've missed the application-date.

Is it possible to become a concept-artist by myself? Do employers look at what schools you went to? Is it possible to become a good artist without a teacher?

Maybe do some form of curriculum, and take seperate courses? I dunno. I need help.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well depends where you apply and how your work is.
    Everybody can get a artist without education, it sort of lies in someones genes I guess, you got it or you don't... thats about it...(am I wrong?) well however it works for me LOL...
    Just try to look at artwork and study everything you know about art, shading, lights, poses, life drawings etc...
    it is really helpful, but also there are many tutorials on the web...

About the empos' well there are millions of place you can work on... so I think you could get a job ONLY if you have a portfolio that is the first thing you should work on. I dont want to get any further with the meaning of a portfolio but it is a MUST and the #1 rule for any artist of any genre.
    So I suggest work on the portfolio and your skills, by the way if you need some suggestions and info on portfolio's, you can find em on this forum somewhere, no idea where the holy thread is but you'll find it...

Just believe in yourself, and have a good judgement on your artwork and of course practice...tice...ce etc.

Good Luck!

An artist cannot fail, it is a success to be one.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.